The Wire Season 5 SPOILER Thread

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I know, I know...the season's far from over but I can't help but wonder how the pacing and storytelling would be had HBO allowed the full 13 episodes for this season. A lot can happen in 3 hours, you know?

• BunkBunk 15 Posts
    I too dislike the McNulty angle they are taking, however now that Lester thinks it's a good idea I'm actually intrigued to see what they're going to do. Love how they bringin Omar back. I think Marlo will go down, but how? Will the co-op turn on him? Is this all a trap Avon has laid out for Marlo? Will this red ribbon shit bring him down in some fucked up way? You can guarantee Omar's fittin to fuck some shit up though.

• i was okay with the first two episodes but this third episode just seemed really forced for some reason. not really digging the way mcnutty is drumming up interest in his "serial killer." his whole drunken "LOL A RIBBON" performance along with bunk all tripping came off real fake

just watched 53. cosine that shit. mcnulty's shit has been forced when hes trying to push his corny ass ribbon shit. BUT...i felt he snapped out of ribbon ville when he got stepped to by Bunk.. hes a committed, any means necessary motherfucker, and i like that. lester seems like he dont give a fuck anymore either, but still is going to stay true to the cause. also, when mcnulty flashes the badge was some classic shit. i guess the ribbon shit seems kinda forced cause he really is forcing it and its a hard sell.

im not a film or music critic, so im sitting back and enjoying the show. lots.

im seeing all kinda rifts going on among the killers. obviously, michael. then chris is trying to get in slims head and cheese obviously got bought out. but Simon panned to snoops face a bit when they were killing butchy...not sure why. she also seems to be getting worried about the O.

this isnt a spoler, just conjecture, based on the "tune in next week". the last part , where marlo is telling chris to breathe deep and then you hear a gunshot? putting snoop out of her misery after the O brought her to deaths door??? what the fuck else s chris gonna care about

and my question....why the fuck is chris so committed to marlo? enforcers code or somtething?

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

and my question....why the fuck is chris so committed to marlo? enforcers code or somtething?

The same type of commitment is evident in Wee-Bey's relationship with Avon. Some dudes are just all-out soldiers.

• guess so.

the butchy scene was grueling...but i almost feel like they respectfully ended it. i mean, they could have kept it going for hours to try to get info. still....

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Will Omar live to see the end of the season?

This is what I'm ponderin'.

• he's the comic book hero. i hope he's back in puerto rico....maybe an extra scar or two. gotta say it...him and reynaldo looked great together! big time chillin!!!

marlo in antilles....hahahaaaaaa. you think he chilled at the beach at all?

• this season is way too short. fuck hbo.

how the fuck is nick sobtka protesting a grain pier development -- i thought he was in witness protection? that shit felt really forced -- plotwise. if this is where they're going, i'm betting lester taps prezbo to solve marlo's clock code.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    also, when mcnulty flashes the badge was some classic shit.

HoLmes has some jerky ass sexy styles! Shit looked awkward!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    day off... where the hell is episode 4.....

argh!

• also, when mcnulty flashes the badge was some classic shit.

HoLmes has some jerky ass sexy styles! Shit looked awkward! [/quote

herm, come on now...he's drunk and irish. stop measuring everything up to your smoothe latin rhythms
    HOOD OF A CAR THOUGH!!!!! haha

• day off... where the hell is episode 4.....

argh!

• Everyone here's the thing about the ribbon subplot: it IS weak shit. It's SUPPOSED to be weak shit.

Theme of the muhfuckin series is THIN ASS SHIT.

"Isn't this a little thin?"

"Everything's thin. The whole world shines shit and calls it gold."

Marlo's plot to kill Butchie and get Omar: THIN. Even Snoop called it.

Regarding Chris, Marlo, and Omar... Michael, through his homophobia, makes an interesting point: "If Marlo know he ain't suck dick, why he give a fuck if someone say he do? Why he give a fuck about what anybody say?" Wifey pointed out that Marlo (perhaps, literally) might have a bit too much of a hard-on for "the dicksucker" for it to be meaningless.

• Everyone here's the thing about the ribbon subplot: it IS weak shit. It's SUPPOSED to be weak shit.

Theme of the muhfuckin series is THIN ASS SHIT.

"Isn't this a little thin?"

"Everything's thin. The whole world shines shit and calls it gold."

Marlo's plot to kill Butchie and get Omar: THIN. Even Snoop called it.

completely agree. and i think snoop is getting her boxers in a bunch at the thought of O coming at them. what was chris taling about when he was like, "we gonna switch up plans"?

Regarding Chris, Marlo, and Omar... Michael, through his homophobia, makes an interesting point: "If Marlo know he ain't suck dick, why he give a fuck if someone say he do? Why he give a fuck about what anybody say?" Wifey pointed out that Marlo (perhaps, literally) might have a bit too much of a hard-on for "the dicksucker" for it to be meaningless.
    i dont know about all that. i think he's just a controlling psychopath whose gotta have everything fall into line with his rule and kill people over dumb shit to keep everyone on their toes. junebug...similar to killing the security guard. hardup for omar? omar stuck a gun in his neck and then robbed him of a lot of drugs. marlos not wise enough to be like, "Well thats the price of getting omar the fuck out of our ass? good riddance"

• Nah I know that - "the crown ain't worth much if the n*gga wearing it always getting his shit took"

But I'm saying, that thing Michael was saying... I don't think it was for nothing. I wonder if he's gonna start distancing himself from these authority figures as well.

ALSO PLAESE: If you've seen eps beyond 53, keep a lid on it! Nick Sobotka protesting? Marlo number code? I AIN'T HEARD OF THAT!

• ALSO PLAESE: If you've seen eps beyond 53, keep a lid on it! Nick Sobotka protesting? Marlo number code? I AIN'T HEARD OF THAT!

this is the impatient ondemand thread.
    dudes may have to start their rrrreeeall impatient motherfuckers thread

j,i definitely see mike chafing a lot under his new "family". i thought the convo in the car about marlo getting dissed was more about mike calling into question marlo's pettiness. mike has shown at all times that he has a code of ethics and honor.

also, when mcnulty flashes the badge was some classic shit.

HoLmes has some jerky ass sexy styles! Shit looked awkward! [/quote

herm, come on now...he's drunk and irish. stop measuring everything up to your smoothe latin rhythms /
    HOOD OF A CAR THOUGH!!!!! haha

Yeah double PASUE on that. WTF, dude, do you make smoothe love on the hood of your Camaro?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I am starting to feel the rhythm of this season, even the newsroom stuff. It was funny that McNulty was trying so hard to sell his serial killer story and the reporter bought it, barely... Headline: Homeless killings may be related. Another cool thing was seeing the old-school reporter drop all the knowledge on Daniels, taking the story away from Stephen Glass boy. That, in a nutshell, is why newspapers are doomed.

It's always entertaining seeing Rawls and Burrell pooping in their pants, too. Will we finally get to see that old shit in Daniels' closet?

• Interesting note was that Marla was like "they could touch me"... I had no idea she was that involved in Cedric's dirt.

• speculations on the dirt?
    sex on a police car hood?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Interesting note was that Marla was like "they could touch me"... I had no idea she was that involved in Cedric's dirt.

It's an odd one, Cedric seems too cleancut to pull anything that serious, maybe it was more her all along. Although she seems straight also. It was good how they played the reactions of his two women against each other.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    speculations on the dirt?

This comes up in season 2, Daniels was in narcotics and apparently Burrell has a file from a DEA investigation into unexplained income, implying that he was taking bribes. I'm not sure if the allegations are true or not but even the presence of the investigation could be politically damaging for both Daniels and his wife.

This comes up in season 2, Daniels was in narcotics and apparently Burrell has a file from a DEA investigation into unexplained income, implying that he was taking bribes. I'm not sure if the allegations are true or not but even the presence of the investigation could be politically damaging for both Daniels and his wife.

Yeah, whatever dirt on Daniels is supposed to be huge and career-ending. With the hot streak Daniels has been on (being elevated in the Dept and becoming Carcetti's favorite and finding a nice solid white woman), methinks Simon is going to knock him a down a few notches.

• a nice solid white woman

mmmmm.... RONNIE

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Yeah, whatever dirt on Daniels is supposed to be huge and career-ending. With the hot streak Daniels has been on (being elevated in the Dept and becoming Carcetti's favorite and finding a nice solid white woman), methinks Simon is going to knock him a down a few notches.

Oh, shit, it just hit me where this is could be leading: Commissioner Valchek. If Carcetti is going to fire Burrell, his two leading candidates for a replacement Daniels and Rawls have pending scandals for bribery and closeted homosexuality respectively. Unless they go outside the city, it seems to me Valchek is next in line and the show has definitely shown he will be as commish.

• well, he made a play for it. carcetti owes him, but hopefully he wont take the bait. pollllllllitttttttickin

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Seems like Carcetti is going to find himself in a bind:

1.) Burrell and Rawls stink
    2.) Daniels' oppenents in the administration are handcuffed with the Clay Davis fiasco
    3.) Yet if Daniels gets the nod, the dirt seems destined to bubble up
    4.) With the city so strapped for cash, they can't get a suitable client from outside of Baltimore
    5.) Valchek, god bless his sense of humor, is obviously not commissioner material

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I thought it was made pretty clear that Carcetti couldn't put Valchek in charge, cause he'd loose too much support. Daniels is not really qualifiied for the job, but he's a fresh face, and the right colour = win.

I thought it was made pretty clear that Carcetti couldn't put Valchek in charge, cause he'd loose too much support. Daniels is not really qualifiied for the job, but he's a fresh face, and the right colour = win.

How is he not qualified? Perhaps the only thing he lacks is political pull (ie. being slimy and underhanded).