The Wire Season 5 SPOILER Thread

Comments

• yeah the accent thing was an inside joke for sure.

I liked the Clay Davis scene in his lawyer's office actually.

• I liked the Clay Davis scene in his lawyer's office actually.

Great scene.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Clay Davis is holding down the whole season. That scene with Royce on the City Hall steps is some realistic shit.

Now that you guys mention it, the Omar calling out Marlo's henchmen scenes are getting superfluous. We get it: Omar wants Marlo to come to the streets.

I love when Bunk says "the homeless killings."

I wonder now that Nick Sobatka is out in the open, he'll get clipped. Maybe we'll get to see his girlfriend/wife...

• After seeing last Sunday's episode (DirecTV = no On Demand) I'm starting to lose interest in this season. Too many plots, too many characters I don't care about, the media theme just isn't working. Last season with the schools, and the stories of Michael, Duquan and all, I actually gave a damn about what was going to happen to those kids. This season, I don't really care about any of the characters. Hopefully that will change but I don't see it happening.

• damn it's like people have given up on this show.

A. the writers gave up a long time ago & B. this season not gangster nuff for bedroom warriors...

hahaha. could be.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts

damn it's like people have given up on this show.
    A. the writers gave up a long time ago & B. this season not gangster nuff for bedroom warriors...

C. Some of us have already blown our wad on ep. 1-7 and are patiently awaiting ep 8-10.

C. Some of us have already blown our wad on ep. 1-7 and are patiently awaiting ep 8-10.

oh word see this is why I didn't watch those rips. waiting a week is bad enough, but two weeks I couldn't do it.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

damn it's like people have given up on this show.

I'm not giving up. I'll admit that the Dominic West directed episode 57 was a bit of a weak one, but already a lot of really interesting shit has happened this season. Now consider this, they only sent out the first 7 episodes for review, my guess is that starting with episode 58 things will pick up considerably.

• some shit got leaked and people were yapping about major outcomes...so supposedly David Simon heard this and changed shit up on them.

one question about 57...why did it say Kenard finds something valuable in the description of the episode? i didnt even see his bitch ass

one question about 57...why did it say Kenard finds something valuable in the description of the episode? i didnt even see his bitch ass

Wasn't he on the corner when Omar rolls up on Michael, and he points out that Omar is gimped up? I don't know, I'll probably watch it on air again tonight.

• hmm...just checked the descrip on hbo website and it didnt mention kenard.
    i coulda swore. cause i was thinking that it was proof of something simon may have changed up. kenard was at the center of the rumored plot endings

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Is 58 airing today in the states?

b

Is 58 airing today in the states?

b

It will be available On-Demand at midnight.

• Is 58 airing today in the states?

b

It will be available On-Demand at midnight.

Awwww shit! Can somebody up a link when it turns up online?

Pleeeeeeeeeeease???

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    yeh, i just had about the most major twist COMPLETELY RUINED FOR ME. THANKS VERY MUCH SOHH FORUMS. it sucks that when you're trying to cop the new episodes you have to wade through a LOT of spoliers.

if anyone wants to poast up the new episode it would be great obliged, your boy did bring you Episode 3 (barely watchable i know, but it still counts).

• DO NOT WATCH THIS!!!!!!!!!

UNTIL U SEE EPISODE 58 (UNLESS U WANT TO KNOW WHO CATCHES THAT SLUG).

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Plaese for posting torrent link to 58

• Plaese for posting torrent link to 58

• Damn 58 is SICK!!!

Damn 58 is SICK!!!

• HamHam 872 Posts
    Plaese for posting torrent link to 58

i have no idea if this is the real thing, and it seems there is only one seeder and everybody is getting stuck halfway downloading, but you can try for yourselves:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1182337

• Damn 58 is SICK!!!

Season 5, VINDICATED?

Damn 58 is SICK!!!

Season 5, VINDICATED?

I'm sure the haters and doubters will still have their problems with it, fuck 'em. I'm actually very pleased with the way the newspaper story line is playing out, by the way.

Ahem

Now consider this, they only sent out the first 7 episodes for review, my guess is that starting with episode 58 things will pick up considerably.

• Damn 58 is SICK!!!

Season 5, VINDICATED?

hell no, you gonna tell me omar would be up in a bodega not paying attention to his back after all that shit, the writers fell the fuck offffffffff....

that whole scene was mad

I didn't see it that way, he limped right past shorty trying to burn a cat, even though he was right on the corner next to Michael; not to mention he didn't make Michael on the corner despite having a gun in his back.

I thought from the moment Omar came back to Baltimore he had basically lost it and was gonna make a mistake. Sometimes anger gets the better of a man.

• And not to bring the whole "real life" argument into it but people get got in stupid ways all the damn time.

To quote Carcetti, "it's Baltimore. Nobody lives forever."

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha, did anyone else see jim jones in that episode?

• haha, did anyone else see jim jones in that episode?

Yeah, what a weird look.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha, did anyone else see jim jones in that episode?

Yeah, what a weird look.
    i'm honestly surprised he didn't get his way into a speaking role