NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Ill take Deron.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I think the whole Deron Williams/Chris Paul argument could strike up again this season. Both guys are already playing great.

Ill take Deron. But it all depends on what system they play in.

Sloan aint having his point guard dribble for 20 seconds before he decides to shoot.

True. Deron has better scorers than himself though, so he should be looking for them first. Chris Paul? Not so much.

I think Paul is the more natural scorer of the two.

Deron has a Boozer to rely on. Paul doesnt have that Batman/Robin combo in N.O.
    West/Chandler are cool but they arent scorin alot of buckets. And Peja is still good but he's not that "partner" for Paul.

• Paul's a better ball handler and a purer scorer but dribbles too much, Deron Williams is in a stronger system with better players and isn't relied upon as heavily as Paul is. Talent wise I think Paul might have the edge, but effectiveness wise, I think Deron has the upper hand, mostly because of his team and the way his talents are used. Still though, Hornets got a pretty good record right now. 3rd in the west, 8-3 on the road. Not too shabby.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Ill take Deron.

I'd rather watch CP.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Ill take Deron in a very close call.

• Ill take Deron.

I'd rather watch CP.

Yeah, I don't think it's a slam-dunk that Deron is the better player. Paul is ballin this year.

• Deron has a Boozer to rely on.

i like both their games. they were saying boozer could win mvp during last night's game. he took stoudamire to the hole a few times. kinda football like in his moves, not the most graceful of players.

every time i watch deron play it seems like he is a bench player who is having a break out performance. he needs some more swagger.

every time i watch deron play it seems like he is a bench player who is having a break out performance. he needs some more swagger.

There is no Swagger in Mormon-town.

When was the last time there was a "B-Boy/Homie" playin for UTAH? Seriously I think they make conscious decisions not to bring in/trade/draft, any "HipHopish" players to that organization. I dont think they have to either, but when u check the game styles/lifestlyes of the dudes that play for Sloan and them, their is not one drop of "hood" present.

I do prefer the stone face inner swag of a Millsap/Boozer over the 1980's ear video preening/too many tats,spandex,headbands,dead friend's name written on your sneaker steez of Kenyon Martin/A.I./Melo.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I think the whole Deron Williams/Chris Paul argument could strike up again this season. Both guys are already playing great.

Ill take Deron. But it all depends on what system they play in.

Sloan aint having his point guard dribble for 20 seconds before he decides to shoot.

Yes. Nobody should dribble the ball for more than 5 seconds, unless you're Kobe or Mike in the closing seconds of a game, and being isolated.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

I do prefer the stone face inner swag of a Millsap/Boozer over the 1980's ear video preening/too many tats,spandex,headbands,dead friend's name written on your sneaker steez of Kenyon Martin/A.I./Melo.

Absolutely. "Swagger" =

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Ill take Deron.

Williams is bigger and stronger, and is probably a better shooter than Paul as well. He can also run a one-man fast break with the best of them. Utah is running a lot more this year than previous ones for a change.

Ill take Deron.

Williams is bigger and stronger, and is probably a better shooter than Paul as well. He can also run a one-man fast break with the best of them. Utah is running a lot more this year than previous ones for a change.

I can't think of very many PGs in the league with more patience and poise in a half-court set.

• There is no Swagger in Mormon-town.

When was the last time there was a "B-Boy/Homie" playin for UTAH? Seriously I think they make conscious decisions not to bring in/trade/draft, any "HipHopish" players to that organization. I dont think they have to either, but when u check the game styles/lifestlyes of the dudes that play for Sloan and them, their is not one drop of "hood" present.

Good post. Malone was the polar opposite of alla that. Ridin horses and drivin trucks and whatnot.

Good post. Malone was the polar opposite of alla that. Ridin horses and drivin trucks and whatnot.

KARL MALONE. ONE OF THE MOST RELIABLE AND UNDER-APPRECIATED LOW POST THREATS EVER.

KARL MALONE. ONE OF THE MOST RELIABLE AND UNDER-APPRECIATED LOW POST THREATS EVER.

I dont think he's underappreciated at all. He's Hall Of Fame w/ no questions.

But.......

But.......

By your average basketball fan, i mean. Or some of these young cats that are disconnected.

HEY! We put together 4 hall-of-famers and almost took it all in ONE season. almost...okay, not really (we were crushed by Detroit in their hey day).

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

YOu wouldn't know even if there were some in Utah, because it's Utah!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

YOu wouldn't know even if there were some in Utah, because it's Utah!

Swagger in Utah is adding chocolate to your warm milk.

• KARL MALONE. ONE OF THE MOST RELIABLE AND UNDER-APPRECIATED LOW POST THREATS EVER.

don't know how much scoring he did from the low post. he played with his face to the basket. scored a lot on transition. low post moves were not his forte, although he like the jordan turnaround jumper.

not a big fan. he was always kinda boring to me. talked to himself at the free through line. corny style. and being a huge barkley fan, he was always the comparison.

i wanted to post the "karl, you have hair" rogaine commmercial, but couldn't find it on youtube. props to him for having the courage, but if that wasn't the lamest commercial of all time...

don't know how much scoring he did from the low post. he played with his face to the basket. scored a lot on transition. low post moves were not his forte, although he like the jordan turnaround jumper.

He became the jump shooter in his latter years, but during his early years dude was in the paint more often.

draft night swag?

• draft night swag?

white pants?

sorta rockin' the Judge Smails look from Caddyshack.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

I do prefer the stone face inner swag of a Millsap
    not so stone-faced... but millsap is a portrait of the development of future swagger.

• KARL MALONE. ONE OF THE MOST RELIABLE AND UNDER-APPRECIATED LOW POST THREATS EVER.

But.......

By your average basketball fan, i mean. Or some of these young cats that are disconnected.

I'm pretty sure your "average basketball fan" appreciates Karl Malone pretty well. Unless they are of the breed who hated him because they thought he was a dirty player (save that argument for another day, please).

If you are into basketball and don't know bout the Mailman, then you lose all your points. If you are young and don't know bout the Mailman, you need to study up. That's like somebody my age not knowin' about Dr. J or Kareem or something.

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    might be old news but i just heard that tony parker cheated on eva...wha!!!
    and i just heard lakers beat spurs ... wonder how this will affect his game now!!!

• might be old news but i just heard that tony parker cheated on eva...wha!!!
    and i just heard lakers beat spurs ... wonder how this will affect his game now!!!

Lakers are killin' it right now.

what's this about tony parker? you been reading the gossip column or what?

they should w/out Parker and Duncan.....its a no brainer.

what's this about tony parker? you been reading the gossip column or what? :grin

Some French model said theyve been fuckin. TRASH BULLSHIT.

• Oh shit I forgot Duncan was out. And Parker. I didn't watch most of the game last night. Yeah Spurs are beatable without those guys, for sure.

Miami is stinkin.

• Yeah they are. Quinn was killin' em last night though. 22 points for the young lad!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

what's this about tony parker? you been reading the gossip column or what?
    withleather.com is kind of a gossip column:
    12.12.2007 TONY PARKER CHEATED ON EVA? WITH A GIRL? As we all know, rapping Frenchman/Spurs douche-guard Tony Longoria got married in July to his long-time leash-holder Eva, star of that crappy TV show where all the chicks are old. No, not Golden Girls. Older. Yeah, that one. And now super-annoying X17 claims that Tony cheated on his new wife... with a woman! And not just any woman -- French supermodel Alexandra Paressant.

Paressant (ex-girlfriend of soccer god Ronaldinho) tells X17 the two carried on a secret relationship for about two months and this was AFTER Eva and Tony's big wedding -- in fact, Alex and Tony MET AT EVA AND TONY'S WEDDING!!!

According to Alex, she and Tony were introduced by superstar French soccer player Henry at the huge July 7 nuptials last summer. They exchanged phone calls for a couple months and then saw each other in Paris at the end of September (while Tony was in town to receive the Legion of Honor) and in San Antonio in October. Alex has given X17online samples of what she says are text messages with Tony exchanged at the end of September, just after the two slept together, Alex claims, at the Park Hyatt (where Eva and Tony and their wedding party stayed!).

So, wait. X17 lost me there. Are they saying Tony's straight?
    http://withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=4563