NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Lakers are scary if Bynum keeps this up. Im lookin for Trevor Ariza to finally become a contributor.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The Lakers are scary if Bynum keeps this up. Im lookin for Trevor Ariza to finally become a contributor.

I guess the old guys at the front office and Kareem had a master plan after all. The dude is maturing QUICKLY. This is good news for K.O.B.E. who wasn't gonna wait another season.

Trevor Ariza is what LA needed. He fills the lanes, plays active defense, and attacks the rim. Bottom line, he isn't scared. Finally a great acquisition by management. I hope they keep him around for a long time.

I guess the old guys at the front office and Kareem had a master plan after all. The dude is maturing QUICKLY. This is good news for K.O.B.E. who wasn't gonna wait another season.

Trevor Ariza is what LA needed. He fills the lanes, plays active defense, and attacks the rim. Bottom line, he isn't scared. Finally a great acquisition by management. I hope they keep him around for a long time.

true Dat......

Bynum has benefitted from Kwame Brown's injury though.

• The Lakers are scary if Bynum keeps this up. Im lookin for Trevor Ariza to finally become a contributor.

true Dat......

Bynum is proving that those are HIS minutes!

true Dat......

Im sure The Captain doesnt want too much pressure to fall on Bynum yet.

true Dat......

The captain is hoping that with increased playing time, Bynum doesn't start calling the Lakers "The Bynum Ship" or something.

I guess the old guys at the front office and Kareem had a master plan after all. The dude is maturing QUICKLY. This is good news for K.O.B.E. who wasn't gonna wait another season.Trevor Ariza is what LA needed. He fills the lanes, plays active defense, and attacks the rim. Bottom line, he isn't scared. Finally a great acquisition by management. I hope they keep him around for a long time.
    true Dat......Bynum has benefitted from Kwame Brown's injury though.

The captain is hoping that with increased playing time, Bynum doesn't start calling the Lakers "The Bynum Ship" or something.

The Captain = Kareem...........not K.O.B.E.

I guess the old guys at the front office and Kareem had a master plan after all. The dude is maturing QUICKLY. This is good news for K.O.B.E. who wasn't gonna wait another season.Trevor Ariza is what LA needed. He fills the lanes, plays active defense, and attacks the rim. Bottom line, he isn't scared. Finally a great acquisition by management. I hope they keep him around for a long time.
    true Dat......Bynum has benefitted from Kwame Brown's injury though.

The Captain = Kareem...........not K.O.B.E.

oh ok.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Lakers were able to impose their will on the Warriors in the game. Bynum went off. The Warriors had too many turnovers in the 2nd half, had open looks from 3 but couldn't make them go down. Everytime the Warriors had a little run, the Lakers were able to bring it back to a half court game.

And fuck Ariza! I think he was on the Westminister H.S. team that won 2 CA state championships beating Oakland Tech. when we had Leon Powe.

The Lakers were able to impose their will on the Warriors in the game. Bynum went off. The Warriors had too many turnovers in the 2nd half, had open looks from 3 but couldn't make them go down. Everytime the Warriors had a little run, the Lakers were able to bring it back to a half court game.

And fuck Ariza! I think he was on the Westminister H.S. team that won 2 CA state championships beating Oakland Tech. when we had Leon Powe.

I think the difference was that in the second half, Phil Jackson had the Lakers' defense spread out more on the perimeter, forcing the Warriors into difficult shots.

You catch that bit where Ariza got mostly ball on a block, and when the Warriors were at the line, he was talking shit in his face before the dude shot the ball. Ariza is a G.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Has a strut pickup game ever gone down

Bay Area?

i would love to see that go down...NY vs LA....you tube fodder for dayzzz

the scientist

Has a strut pickup game ever gone down

Bay Area?

i would love to see that go down...NY vs LA....you tube fodder for dayzzz

the scientist

RAJ BETTER PAY ME[/b].

It's NBA Heritage Week and there are some AWESOME, AWESOME pictures from back in the day @ NBA.com.

Old Headz elaborate on these legends! This guy looks kinda vicious.

more here

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

[

IMO one of the most under rated players of all time.....a defensive demon and the best rebounder of his era. He averaged 20 rebounds a game one season!!!

[

IMO one of the most under rated players of all time.....a defensive demon and the best rebounder of his era. He averaged 20 rebounds a game one season!!!

He looks like the Ben Wallace prototype. Badass. I need me to find some footage of guys like this.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

[

Rock beat me to it. Nate was one of the greatest big men of his time, but is now mostly forgotten. GOt traded from the Warriors to Chicago? right before the Warriors won their championship in the 70s with Rick Barry and a rookie Jamal Wilkies. Nate and Hakeem are the only two payers with quadruple doubles. He's still seen on local TV here in the Bay Area during the playoffs and owns a BBQ joint in SF.

Kareem said Nate was the best defensive player he ever played against.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    did anyone else feel like last night was an alternate NBA universe? The Heat beating the Suns? ATLANTA beating the Magic??? Something was not right in the world last night.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I present the Asshurt Quote of the Week???[/b]

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12112007/sports/knicks/the_garden_of_hate_133712.htm

THE GARDEN OF HATE
    ISIAH FEUDS WITH FANS AS KNICKS FLOP AGAIN
    By MARC BERMAN

December 11, 2007 -- Hours after Madison Square Garden settled the sexual-harassment suit against Isiah Thomas, losing $11.5 million, the Knicks coach/president allegedly lost his patience and cool by taking on the hostile fans during the second half of last night's 99-89 loss to the Mavericks.
    Following the boo-infested defeat, which dropped the Knicks (6-14) a season-low eight games below .500, Mara Altschuler, who said she is a longtime season-ticket holder, rushed to the press table to complain that Thomas had lectured the fans behind the bench for not being more supportive.
    According to Altschuler, Thomas said, "We're missing layups because you're booing."[/b] Altschuler, who worked 16 years for CBS News, said Thomas turned to make his stream of remarks in the third and fourth quarters, directing it to the first couple of rows.
    According to Altschuler, Thomas invoked the phrase "Sixth Man," explaining what a crowd should be. Thomas mentioned Indiana and North Carolina as crowds that the Garden should emulate, she said.
    She said Thomas blamed a Quentin Richardson airball on the boos. Thomas could be seen by reporters in the third quarter exchanging words with fans, and did not deny it later.
    "I was just trying to make sure we kept the team together and we stayed focused on what we were doing and trying to win the basketball game," Thomas said. "Our fans are great. They show up and support us."
    The fans booed loud and often and chanted "Fi-re Is-iah" periodically during the second half.
    At the 20-game mark, the Knicks are on pace for a 25-win season after three straight seasons of pathetic results (33-49, 23-59, 33-49). No wonder Thomas was in a bad mood.
    Thomas also may have become frustrated because the fans turned on his supposed franchise center, slumping Eddy Curry, like never before. Curry has a fragile psyche and Thomas could be concerned his confidence will deteriorate even more than it has.

Yea that was pretty weak.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Nasty spill for T.J. Ford, courtesy of Al Horford. I know it wasn't intentional, but damn I hope he's OK.

Ugly foul casts pall on win
    TheStar.com - Sports - Ugly foul casts pall on win

Ford kept in hospital after getting clobbered by Hawks rookie; `It's frightening,' says Bosh

December 12, 2007
    Doug Smith
    Sports Reporter

ATLANTA???It was a sickening sight and a scary one.

T.J. Ford lay crumpled on a basketball court, unconscious and then frightened, ultimately carted off on a stretcher, his mind likely racing with memories of past injuries, of surgeon's scalpels and the brittle nature of a human head and neck.

The tiny Raptor point guard, already robbed of almost a season and a half of his NBA career after an operation to fuse two vertebrae, remained in hospital overnight here after a scary fall near the end of Toronto's 100-88 victory over the Atlanta Hawks.

The 6-foot, 165-pound dynamo, whose fearless style of play belies his medical past, was knocked to the court by Atlanta rookie Al Horford with about 90 seconds left in a game that had long since been decided, a frightful moment that saw anger mount, emotion darken, a victory turn unimportant.

"It turns my stomach because of who it is," said Chris Bosh, Ford's closest friend on the team. "It's frightening."

Ford missed 26 games in the 2003-04 season and the entire 2004-05 season after a collision with Mark Madsen, then of the Minnesota Timberwolves, left him with a bruised spinal cord that ultimately required surgery.

A team spokesman said last night Ford had movement and feeling in his extremities but was being kept in hospital for further evaluation.

His medical past was the first thing anyone who knows anything about Ford thought of when he was knocked cold on the play.

"I just said, `Lay back, don't move,'" said Toronto's Anthony Parker, the Raptor nearest to Ford as the play unfolded. "He was kind of on his side and it was like he was panicking a little bit, he was breathing hard.

"His head hit hard and he wasn't moving initially, so naturally you want to get there as quick as you can and make sure the trainers take over. We know about his situation."

Horford, who was thrown out of the game and could face suspension for his foul, was apologetic after the game. He said he never meant to hit Ford as hard as he did.

"Definitely not. I'm not a dirty player," Horford said.

Horford reached from behind as Ford was going up for a shot, and swatted him in the head, sending him crashing to the floor. Ford hit his head on the floor twice. Horford said he was fooled by Ford's move as he went up for the layup.

"He just made a good move and fooled me,'' Horford said.

"You could see it in his face, he felt just as bad," Parker said of Horford. "If I'm in that situation, I don't know if I swipe that hard at a guy's head and I don't know whether he did that intentionally or not.

"It's just one of those things where, `Why? Why? Why?' A minute and a half left in the game, maybe let the guy go ... but I definitely don't think he meant it intentionally."

With Ford prone on the court after banging his head, coach Sam Mitchell stormed to the far end of the court, as much to tend to his injured player as to try to get at Horford. Mitchell also had a heated discussion with Atlanta coach Mike Woodson, who went into Mitchell's office after the game for a quick chat.

The Toronto coach, obviously shaken, did not comment on the play immediately after the game.

"Usually he goes in there like a wild man, this time he was more controlled and ... Al kind of mistimed it and hit him in his head," said Bosh of the play that came after Ford had stolen the ball and taken off on a dash almost the length of the court. ``I don't think he meant to do it on purpose, he was just trying to make a basketball play."

Until then, Ford had been playing his best game of the season, with 26 points and eight assists in 29 minutes.

The Raptors also lost Jason Kapono after just five minutes with a sprained left wrist and Jose Calderon dislocated a finger on his left hand but returned after it was put back in place.

• Man, poor TJ, that dude can't catch a break. Hope he gets better and back on the court soon. Maybe he should think about that though. He's so slight.

• For real, for such a small guy who seems to incur neck injuries somewhat easily, it's kind of a dangerous game to be playing. He is a pretty nasty guard though. I feel bad for him. I feel kinda bad for Horford too though, this shit could make him a bit timid on defense. He's just a rookie trying to play hard to get his weight up in the league. I hope TJ walks away from this though. Fingers crossed.

• ATLANTA beating the Magic??? Something was not right in the world last night.

I was wishing I had NBALP for that game. And ATL won, damn! I like their team this year. Young, but they have some ballers. Glad to see them pull out a win against a hot team.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The Heat just peaced Penny Hardaway after 16 games.

• Not surprising. This is not your father's NBA.

• Watch out for Los Trailblazers, on a five game win streak with nice wins over Utah and Golden State.

Watch out for Los Trailblazers, on a five game win streak with nice wins over Utah and Golden State.

Watch out for what?

• Haha. Poor Portland fans. They were so excited after the draft...

Nugs had a nice 4th quarter win against the Hornets last night. Melo went off for 32 and 10 boards. 15 points in the 4th quarter. Nice to see him smothering that offensive glass. Chris Paul is incredible though, what a fun player to watch. He has full control of the offense. His only downfall is that he dribbles a bit too much and has a streaky outside shot. Otherwise, he's nice.

I think the whole Deron Williams/Chris Paul argument could strike up again this season. Both guys are already playing great.

I think the whole Deron Williams/Chris Paul argument could strike up again this season. Both guys are already playing great.

Ill take Deron. But it all depends on what system they play in.

Sloan aint having his point guard dribble for 20 seconds before he decides to shoot.

• I think the whole Deron Williams/Chris Paul argument could strike up again this season. Both guys are already playing great.

Ill take Deron. But it all depends on what system they play in.

Sloan aint having his point guard dribble for 20 seconds before he decides to shoot.

True. Deron has better scorers than himself though, so he should be looking for them first. Chris Paul? Not so much.