NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    go back to drinking wine and talking to your girls.
    yeah! do those things, JP! sounds like torture!

(especially a guy who was shitcanned from a newspaper for his lack of professional integrity.)

News to me...what paper was this?
    philly inquirer

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Steve Nash makes John Stockton look like Darryl Dawkins.

SO funny.

(especially a guy who was shitcanned from a newspaper for his lack of professional integrity.)

News to me...what paper was this?
    philly inquirer

I know he used to write for the Inquirer--I live here. I thought you may have been talking about some other paper in the past, since I've read nothing his "reassignment" to reporter having anything to do with "professional integrity".

http://deadspin.com/sports/cheesy-doodle...ough-292627.php

although it is from an uncredentialed blogger.

and i've never liked stephen a. smith's on-screen/on-air persona, so that may factor into what i read from the stories.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Trevor Ariza and Javaris Critenton looking like Allstars against the Wolves.

Far from softbatch. These guys can develop into something special. or maybe I feel this way because they're playing the Wolves...

• iverson is killin 'em!!!!

i'm a little disappointed that kobe's sidelined but ai is putting on a show.

47 with 4 minutes left in the 3rd....

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Denver must be hating life right now. They just can't get over the Lakers

• Denver must be hating life right now. They just can't get over the Lakers

Ehh it's no biggie. It's not like we'll face them in the playoffs. Credit to the Lakers, their bench was nice last night, Mihm was pretty good, Radmonovich was shooting free as a bird and sinking all his shots. Farmar was so mad that he kept getting those fouls trying to play Iverson on the outside. It was kinda funny, Iverson would laugh and stick his tongue out after tricking Farmar into those fouls time and time again.

Iverson though, that was some shit. Check it out though, not sure if you saw the game, but Carter played point for 3 quarters. Iverson scored 95% of his points in those three quarters. Slide AI to point in the 4th and he turns into the facilitator and the whole team falls apart. We need Atkins. Not saying he's the answer to all our problems, but he will add to the perimeter threat as well as keep AI and Melo available for most of the game.

• Iverson though, that was some shit. Check it out though, not sure if you saw the game, but Carter played point for 3 quarters. Iverson scored 95% of his points in those three quarters. Slide AI to point in the 4th and he turns into the facilitator and the whole team falls apart.

kobe locked up AI in the fourth. ai was the man for 3 quarters but kb looked like jordan down the stretch - silencing the fans, hitting every big shot, and really frustrating iverson.

kenyon martin looked real bad. 2-6 from the ft line. cmon shaq.

• Iverson though, that was some shit. Check it out though, not sure if you saw the game, but Carter played point for 3 quarters. Iverson scored 95% of his points in those three quarters. Slide AI to point in the 4th and he turns into the facilitator and the whole team falls apart.

kobe locked up AI in the fourth. ai was the man for 3 quarters but kb looked like jordan down the stretch - silencing the fans, hitting every big shot, and really frustrating iverson.

kenyon martin looked real bad. 2-6 from the ft line. cmon shaq.

Don't know what game you saw... That's a pretty poor analysis though. You're giving Kobe a bit too much credit here. There was nothing remotely jordan-esque about his performance last night. He did play good defense on Iverson, but Iverson, but Iverson was trying to get his team mates involved because he knew he couldn't win the game on his own. I still think he would've gone for 60+ if he wasn't at the point.

Yeah Kenyon didn't have the best game. He still played with intensity. He's not known to be perfect from the FT line. The only 2 players on the Nuggets who did anything worthwhile were Melo and AI. And I guess Camby on the boards. Otherwise, it was an off night for everybody. Whatever. Dallas tonight.

• Don't know what game you saw... That's a pretty poor analysis though. You're giving Kobe a bit too much credit here. There was nothing remotely jordan-esque about his performance last night. He did play good defense on Iverson, but Iverson, but Iverson was trying to get his team mates involved because he knew he couldn't win the game on his own. I still think he would've gone for 60+ if he wasn't at the point.

dude, you are showing your bias a little too much here. ai was great for 3 but ass for 1. unfortunately for denver, the 1 was the 4th quarter. off the top, i'm guessing he had 3 turnovers within the last 3-5 minutes of the game. he played horrible defense in transition, letting kobe and radminivich get clear paths to the lane while he tried that lame run past the guy and try to swipe the ball matador defense. he also forced a few shots and danced around with the rock too long trying to find an opening. he just sucked, and i am an ai fan. no bias here.

kobe was ridiculous in the fourth. what % of his teams points to account for by either scoring or assisting. i'd guess it was about 80% if not higher. AND HE LOCKED UP AI. the jordan comparison was made by the commentators over and over againi down the stretch. i agree.

Yeah Kenyon didn't have the best game. He still played with intensity. He's not known to be perfect from the FT line.

he looked like a guy who never played basketball last night and when they really needed him to get buckets and hit free throws he crumbled.

Melo was okay. that one spin move he had into a jumper was the play of the night...aside from that alley-oop kobe through to Bynum that was on Camby's head.

• Blah blah blah.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Yeah Kenyon didn't have the best game. He still played with intensity.

34 minutes 6 points 2-8 from the field 2-6 from the line

He did have 3 blocks.

But this dude gets paid more than Carmelo and Camby and I've yet to see him play ONE game this year that would be worth that kind of $$.

• Old news.

Old news.

Last night.

He'll probably tear up the Mavs.

Blah blah blah.

Seriously?

• Old news.

Last night.

He'll probably tear up the Mavs.

I just meant about the contract thing. There's nothing anybody can do about Martin's contract. It was a mistake to pay him that much however many years ago that was but most of the Nuggets office/management is differnt these days, so we just forget about that and hope he can play well because we have him, like it or not. I watched a local interview with AI before the game where he was talking about Kenyon and he said basically that Kenyon just needed to understand how important he was to the team and that he thinks he does understand that now, based on the intensity he shows and the effort he puts forth to be effective. He just needs some more time to get acclamated to the team and to being on the court for longer minutes because after a surgery and a season off, it takes a minute for you to get right.

I was a bit nervous to see Melo and Kobe go down kinda hard last night. Glad they're both OK.

I watched a local interview with AI before the game where he was talking about Kenyon and he said basically that Kenyon just needed to understand how important he was to the team

I'm not sure if you've followed him pre-Denver...but this statement defines his whole career other than 2 decent seasons in Jersey.

• Blah blah blah.

Seriously?

Come on dude, KVH is talking about Kobe playing like Jordan last night. Some serious mouth foamin'. It was an average Kobe performance. Now Radmonovich, he was really the one I'd be giving the props to. his 21 points were really what kept the Lakers ahead most of the game.

• I watched a local interview with AI before the game where he was talking about Kenyon and he said basically that Kenyon just needed to understand how important he was to the team

I'm not sure if you've followed him pre-Denver...but this statement defines his whole career other than 2 decent seasons in Jersey.

I did watch him in Jersey a bit. I understand this. But hey, what more can we do than push the guy to succeed and give him a chance. Best case scenario, he finally overcomes his team mentality issues. Worst case scenario, he becomes another slug and if he does, Karl will bench him like he did 2 years ago.

• Blah blah blah.

Seriously?

Come on dude, KVH is talking about Kobe playing like Jordan last night. Some serious mouth foamin'. It was an average Kobe performance. Now Radmonovich, he was really the one I'd be giving the props to. his 21 points were really what kept the Lakers ahead most of the game.

kobe played 30 minutes cause of a shoulder injury. ai played the whole game. in the minutes kobe was out of the game, denver outscored the lakers by quite a bit. we know who won the game.

and yes, he played like jordan in the 4th. your hoops credibility is looking real bad right now. if anyone else saw the game last night, feel free to chime in. don't be mad cause ai had a garbage 4th.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    and yes, he played like jordan in the 4th. your hoops credibility is looking real bad right now. if anyone else saw the game last night, feel free to chime in.

• Slow yer roll there KVH, Kobe was great in the 4th, but he had to be because he was poor the rest of the game. Not because of a shoulder injury, because of foul trouble. He was making it up in the 4th. I'm not mad at AI at all, he was phenomenal. I'm mad at the rest of the team for not stepping up and handling shit. They knew Kobe would come back in the 4th and play hard, that's what he does. You sound like a person who would call Kobe the next Jordan regardless, so I'm not going to pay that too much more mind.

Will/would the Nets trade Jason Kidd????

no.
    i don't see management pulling the trigger on that one.
    it's really horrible how bad the nets are sucking amidst their moments of brilliance this season.

no.

i don't see management pulling the trigger on that one.
    it's really horrible how bad the nets are sucking amidst their moments of brilliance this season.

Somethin aint right over there. Ive watched most of there games,and it seems there just going thru the motions.

And Vince Carter is showin some age.

S.O.S.:[/b] Send him to Philly

• What happens to the Nets when they get moved to BK? Do they just leave the team the way it is and play in a new arena? Or do they do some serious restructuring and kind of start fresh? There isn't too much more time to deal Kidd and Carter. If they work something soon, they could get some decent pieces or picks and build around Jefferson.

• Will/would the Nets trade Jason Kidd????

S.O.S.:[/b] Send him to Philly

I'm trying to imagine a way to get Andre Miller back to Denver.