NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    What part of the Suns offense will have to be changed because of Hill though? The guy can't hit a consistent 3 pointer and that has always been a dominant part of the Suns system? Will they expect him to play inside more instead?

That's actually what I read somewhere, that the Suns might play a few more feet within the arc to accommodate Hill.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Too bad Reggie isn't coming back. I was looking forward watching that disaster.....Sad not being able to see him and Spike do that worn out routine one last time.....

I really hope he didn't give it much thought.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    What part of the Suns offense will have to be changed because of Hill though? The guy can't hit a consistent 3 pointer and that has always been a dominant part of the Suns system? Will they expect him to play inside more instead?
    I expect the suns to get hill to be the older, slower marion. Lots of baseline rotations, positioning outside the arc, quick slashes into the paint, etc. I think Hill will be moving w/o the ball more than he has in his entire career.

I do think that for what they are paying him, it's a good look for the Suns, but not what they needed... (somebody to play D!!!)
    I think Amare working on his defense is a good thing, but I don't really expect him to be huge on the defensive end near the hoop- he's always had a problem anticipating the better PF and C moves when they post against him, and is prone to foul trouble. I expect the Suns to at least go WCF this season, but not be as dominant in the regular season as they were last year. Again, their lack of defense is their biggest obstacle.

btw: Barkley is awesome
    You know the Celtics, their uniforms have gotten better. And they got a better looking team, because in the 80s, with McHale, Bird, and Parish, they had the ugliest team in NBA history.[/b] They had Bill Walton [he] was ugly too. I think their team is much better looking with Paul and Ray and Kevin. But their uniforms have gotten better and their team has gotten much better looking in the 2000s.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Half Court Execution in the Playoffs.

Half Court Execution in the Playoffs.

I haven't seen Grant Hill play in ages, so I will give it the benefit of the doubt.
    I don't see the Suns slowing down much though. Amare is still a relatively raw talent. He's a beast but don't got the post-up game of a Duncan or Shaq yet. Is this the Sun's year, until proven otherwise, I'm skeptical.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I expect the suns to get hill to be the older, slower marion. Lots of baseline rotations, positioning outside the arc, quick slashes into the paint, etc. I think Hill will be moving w/o the ball more than he has in his entire career.

Marion can and does shoot 3s consistently though with that ugly ass shot of his. Hill cannot.

Too bad Reggie isn't coming back. I was looking forward watching that disaster.....Sad not being able to see him and Spike do that worn out routine one last time.....
    I really hope he didn't give it much thought.

It wasn't championship-or-bust. The Eastern Conference finals would have been good for him, enough to let him know the return was worth it. He was intrigued by the chance to play with Garnett. Sure, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are nice, but Miller sniffs, "I've done them." He got most two-guards one way or another, even had his moments where he upstaged MJ.[/b]

OH MY FUCKIN' GOD.

OH MY FUCKIN' GOD.

I'm watching Argentina/U.S. on VHS right now (not tivo), I recorded it yesterday. And sorta writing simultaneously.

KB. WOW. YALL REALLY NEED TO SEE THIS.

Bill Walton, dropping knowledge,........"Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudamire, I want more from these guys than just being dunkers. if you look at these guys, their potential is unlimited. That's why they should model their game after guys like Tim Duncan and Hakeem Olajuwan, who watched Larry Bird and Magic Johnson and incorporated their game as a big man. That's what made them historically great centers."

Basically, the same shit I said just a few posts ago.

MIND-MELT TO THE MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING YOU. THIS U.S./ARGENTINA GAME IS ONE OF THE MOST RIDICULOUS THINGS I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME.

KIDD AND LEBRON, SCREEN AND ROLL....KIDD THROWS IT OFF GLASS FROM THE FREETHROW LINE, AND LEBRON CUTS, CATCHES (COULDN'T FINISH) BUT DAMN!

Some next level pro playground shit.

Sorry about these barrage of posts........

ARE YOU FUCKIN' KIDDING ME?

good looks all around on this one:
    On March 12, 2007 the Houston Rockets played in Phoenix (Leandro Barbosa went insane, making 12-18 shots, and Phoenix won by a country mile).

Steve Nash had something on his mind. After the game, he went to talk to Yao Ming about it, in the tunnel under the stands.

The topic? Orphans.

Specifically, Chinese orphans.

Steve Nash is that kind of thoughtful.

And Yao Ming is receptive to that kind of thought. The two decided that night to try to do something to make the world a bit of a better place.

They share the same agency, BDA Sports, so Nash and Yao put the BDA people to work figuring out how best to undertake an ambitious charity project. Many long days of work later, BDA President Bill Duffy, and Vice President of Marketing Bill Sanders, and many others have cleared all of the necessary hurdles to create something special.

It's going to happen in a couple of weeks. And here's what it is: On September 14, in Beijing, Steve Nash, Carmelo Anthony, Greg Oden, Bonzi Wells, Derek Fisher, Baron Davis, Chuck Hayes, and Leandro Barbosa (all BDA clients, except Davis) will play in a charity game against Yao Ming and the Chinese National team.

It will be televised on China's CCTV, and the stadium is expected to be sold out. The hope is to raise in the neighborhood of a million dollars to be distributed to the charities of choice: Chi Heng, a privately funded non-profit that works with children with AIDS; the Special Olympics (with World Summer Games next month in Shanghai); and the China Youth Development Foundation.

Well done, everyone involved. This seems like a pretty amazing project.
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-27-130/Steve-Nash-and-Yao-Ming--Making-Something-Happen.html

Cute lil midget flying through the air

Amare on Dwight Howard:

"Dwight Howard is just a guy you can't box out. You can't grab him, you can't even push him. He's huge. You try to budge him a lil bit, you the one being budged."

Keep in mind, Amare ain't no pansy.

Darko has lost it. His national team lost their last game on (apparently) some shitty officiating... so here's his quote from after the game. (Hopefully someone on here can provide a better translation)
    - Ta tri govnara su nam uzela pobedu! Pi...tine najveće, j...m im mater! Doći ću im gore, j...ću im mamu zbog ovoga! Misle da su neki k...c, Italijan, Rumun i ovaj treći, j...ću im mamicu svima! Boli me k...c ko su i ??ta su!

Na konstataciju da su se dobro "??ibali" sa Grcima, Miličić je rekao:

- ??ta se ??ibali, pi...tine sudijske, j...u ih usta, onaj Italijan, ako ima ćerku, i nju ću da ka..m! Borimo se tu k'o lavovi, a oni nas pokrado??e! Bre, idem sad na infuziju koliko sam crk'o - rekao je Miličić, i oti??ao.

or the rough english:[/b]
    Milicic, center of Serbia after the match against Greece in camera about referees

- Those three pieces of shit took our victory! They are the greatest pussies, i fuck their mothers! I`ll come there and fuck their mothers because of this! They think they are some cock, italian, romanian and those third, i`ll fuck mummy to all three! I don`t give a shit who and what they are!

On journalist statement that they fight greeks very hard, Milicic said:

- Who fought, those big pussies referees, i fuck them in their mouth, those italian, if he has a daughter, i fuck her too! We fight like lions and they stole from us! Man, i `m going on infusion coz i`m dead

NAGL for days.
    edit: now that i re-read, LOCATIONS for days.

Darko has lost it. His national team lost their last game on (apparently) some shitty officiating... so here's his quote from after the game. (Hopefully someone on here can provide a better translation)
    - Ta tri govnara su nam uzela pobedu! Pi...tine najveće, j...m im mater! Doći ću im gore, j...ću im mamu zbog ovoga! Misle da su neki k...c, Italijan, Rumun i ovaj treći, j...ću im mamicu svima! Boli me k...c ko su i ??ta su!

Na konstataciju da su se dobro "??ibali" sa Grcima, Miličić je rekao:

- ??ta se ??ibali, pi...tine sudijske, j...u ih usta, onaj Italijan, ako ima ćerku, i nju ću da ka..m! Borimo se tu k'o lavovi, a oni nas pokrado??e! Bre, idem sad na infuziju koliko sam crk'o - rekao je Miličić, i oti??ao.

or the rough english:[/b]
    Milicic, center of Serbia after the match against Greece in camera about referees

- Those three pieces of shit took our victory! They are the greatest pussies, i fuck their mothers! I`ll come there and fuck their mothers because of this! They think they are some cock, italian, romanian and those third, i`ll fuck mummy to all three! I don`t give a shit who and what they are!

On journalist statement that they fight greeks very hard, Milicic said:

- Who fought, those big pussies referees, i fuck them in their mouth, those italian, if he has a daughter, i fuck her too! We fight like lions and they stole from us! Man, i `m going on infusion coz i`m dead

NAGL for days.
    edit: now that i re-read, LOCATIONS for days.

How is that NAGL? That's freakin classic. If only Darko played as hard as he talks shit there he might be something in the NBA.

threatening to fuck ref's mouths is one thing, but their mothers and daughters as well?
    if this turns into a debate, it will be hysterical.
    but as far as
    i'll fuck mummy to all three!

threatening to fuck ref's mouths is one thing, but their mothers and daughters as well?
    if this turns into a debate, it will be hysterical.
    but as far as
    i'll fuck mummy to all three!

Hey, I think he just wanted to be all inclusive. Why just fuck the refs? Fuck EVERYONE!

oh, i get it: equal opportunity fucking. that darko, what a humanitarian!

Bashing on Darko Milicic is about as easy and tasteless as making fun of Lindsay Lohan. *yawn*

Bashing on Darko Milicic is about as easy and tasteless as making fun of Lindsay Lohan. *yawn*

Yes, definitely in bad taste. The "man" of reason has spoken. Let us all let Darko fuck everyone in peace!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Yes, definitely in bad taste. The "man" of reason has spoken. Let us all let Darko fuck everyone in peace!

Apparently we are boring the Scientist.

• Do Obese Shaq Fans have a chance for now that he's single again?

Yes, definitely in bad taste. The "man"-child of half-reason has spoken. Let us all let Darko fuck everyone in peace!

Apparently we are boring the Scientist.
    God help us all.

In other news... remaining free agent pool, (as of August 1st... old list... who has been signed outside of Posey, Barnes, Varejao(?)? Didn't A. Croshere sign with the W's? (also: WHY?)) A whole lot of obvious will-signs, and some
    Remaining FA's that don't suck too much
    Most of the meaty bits of this year's free agency crop have already been dealt with. But some residual pap still remains, and some teams still need to plug some holes.

So, for the record, here's the best of what is left out there.

(Note: players that have signed in leagues other than the NBA are not listed, nor are people that weren't on an NBA roster to end last year - click this bugger right here for a very long free agents list. Also not listed are people that have agreed to sign somewhere but who have not done it yet - see this page for that kind of stuff.)

Point guards:

Charlie Bell (restricted), Earl Boykins, Gary Payton, Keith McLeod, Andre Barrett (restricted), Donell Taylor (restricted), Jeff McInnis, Jannero Pargo, Royal Ivey, Mike Wilks, Darrick Martin, Dee Brown (restricted), Junior Harrington, Randy Livingston, Brevin Knight

Shooting guards:

Eddie Jones, Jarvis Hayes, DerMarr Johnson, Derek Anderson, Aleksander Pavlovic (restricted), Dahntay Jones, Alan Anderson, Rawle Marshall, C.J. Miles (restricted), Devin Brown, Roger Mason, Hassan Adams

Small forwards:

Ruben Patterson, Mickael Pietrus (restricted), James Posey, Jumaine Jones, Josh Powell, Jalen Rose, James Singleton, Linton Johnson , Ime Udoka, Matt Barnes, Aaron McKie (really old), Mike Hall (restricted), James White

Power forwards:

Melvin Ely, Austin Croshere, Corliss Williamson, Chris Webber, Marc Jackson, Michael Sweetney, Malik Allen, Zarko Cabarkapa, Stanislav Medvedenko, Danny Fortson, Andray Blatche (restricted), Alan Henderson, Lawrence Roberts, Uros Slokar, Pape Sow, Alexander Johnson, Cliff Robinson

Centres (spelt correctly):

P.J. Brown, Brian Skinner, Vitaly Potapenko, Michael Olowokandi, Anderson Varejao (restricted), Calvin Booth , Michael Ruffin, Martynas Andriuskevicius, Jake Tsakalidis, Earl Barron (restricted), Rafael Araujo, Dwayne Jones, Esteban Batista, Scot Pollard, Jamal Sampson, Pat Burke , Bo Outlaw, Dikembe Mutombo, Kelvin Cato, Kevin Willis

Point guards:

Charlie Bell (restricted), Earl Boykins, Gary Payton, Keith McLeod, Andre Barrett (restricted), Donell Taylor (restricted), Jeff McInnis(RESIGNED W/ BOBCATS), Jannero Pargo, Royal Ivey, Mike Wilks, Darrick Martin, Dee Brown (restricted), Junior Harrington, Randy Livingston, Brevin Knight

Shooting guards:

Eddie Jones(DALLAS), Jarvis Hayes, DerMarr Johnson, Derek Anderson, Aleksander Pavlovic (restricted), Dahntay Jones, Alan Anderson, Rawle Marshall, C.J. Miles (restricted), Devin Brown, Roger Mason, Hassan Adams

Small forwards:

Ruben Patterson(LAC), Mickael Pietrus (restricted), James Posey(BOSTON), Jumaine Jones(POR), Josh Powell(GSW, Jalen Rose, James Singleton, Linton Johnson , Ime Udoka(SAN), Matt Barn(GSW)es(, Aaron McKie (really old), Mike Hall (restricted), James White

Power forwards:

Melvin Ely, Austin Croshere(GSW), Corliss Williamson, Chris Webber, Marc Jackson, Michael Sweetney, Malik Allen, Zarko Cabarkapa, Stanislav Medvedenko, Danny Fortson, Andray Blatche (restricted), Alan Henderson, Lawrence Roberts, Uros Slokar, Pape Sow, Alexander Johnson, Cliff Robinson

Centres (spelt correctly):

P.J. Brown, Brian Skinner, Vitaly Potapenko, Michael Olowokandi, Anderson Varejao (restricted), Calvin Booth , Michael Ruffin, Martynas Andriuskevicius, Jake Tsakalidis, Earl Barron (restricted), Rafael Araujo, Dwayne Jones, Esteban Batista, Scot Pollard(BOSTON), Jamal Sampson, Pat Burke , Bo Outlaw, Dikembe Mutombo, Kelvin Cato, Kevin Willis

Where Webber goes is gonna be interesting.
    Pietrus will probably go back to GSW.
    Payton should retire. he chased the ring a got it. Leave dude.

Where Webber goes is gonna be interesting.
    dude's knees are like rusty door hinges. I'm not so interested in where he goes, but how much a team pays him.

Pietrus will probably go back to GSW.
    I dunno, Mullin's looking at a cap situation for what he wants. He had his moments, and I like him as a player, but he's not quite right for Nellie-ball

Payton should retire. he chased the ring a got it. Leave dude.
    --- I don't know how to make that display really huge, but I would if I could.

My boy and I were talking about basketball yesterday.

Who would win in a one on one, Kobe or Lebron?[/b]

I said Lebron would overpower him. But then my buddy said Kobe makes impossible shots, nuff said.

Who would you rather take, J Kidd or D Williams?[/b]

I told him, Kidd makes some sensational passes in an uptempo game, but I'd much rather take Deron Williams in the half court set. Old-school type PG that definitely got the triple threat covered.

Who would you rather take, Kevin Durant or Greg Oden?[/b]

Greg Oden. Durant is a baller, but he's far from a complete player.

• If the Glove doesn't retire, and would work for peanuts (literally), I'd take him on my team. We could surely use a real vet PG.

In other news:

Shaq files for divorce