NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• DIRK IS AWKWARD W/ HIS BACK TO THE BASKET AND NOT STRONG. WHY MUST YOU FOOLS KEEP TAWMBOUT SHIT THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN?

He uses his agility and uncanny shot to beat players. He's been doing okay for himself. He's almost 30, I don't see this reinvention y'all keep foolishly mentioning.

And Damps...that dude was a 12-13 ppg in his BEST (re: contract) year. I don't think the Mavs harbored any notions of him providing a ton of down-low offense for them.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Melo is a terrific scorer, but his basketball IQ ain't that high. Which means, less synergy for the overall team. Mark my words, he will never win a ring.

You know, every once in a while you show some promise like you actually know what the fuck you're talking about, then the lil' dude in you slips out and I lose all respect for you.

• You know, every once in a while you show some promise like you actually know what the fuck you're talking about, then the lil' dude in you slips out and I lose all respect for you.

HAHA

HAHA

Yeah, kinda. Shit ain't right.

• HAHA

Yeah, kinda. Shit ain't right.

Everybody has their takes...glad to see I'm not the only one that gets riled.

Kobe's still a BEE-YOTCH!!!!!!

Yeah it's early for me though, I get pissed easily before 10 AM.

Carmelo was outshining Kobe in that game yesterday though. At least in the first quarter when I was watching.

Carmelo might not ever win a ring, I don't necessarilly disagree with that, but I don't rule it out as a possibility. Honestly I think he is more likely to get a ring than Kobe is to ever get another one. I just think it's rediculous to say he doesn't have much of a basketball IQ being a team leader and league scoring leader for the majority of last season. Low bball IQ's don't allow that level of success. He knows how to position himself on the floor, he knows how to score through double and triple teams consistently, and he is an amazing passer for a forward. He can control the floor and play point forward at times and he knows when to fall back and let his team mates get buckets.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    it's like the pot was calling the kettle black, man. i wouldn't worry too much about kobe's nut tick and what he thinks of melo if i were you.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    kobe's nut tick

it's like the pot was calling the kettle black, man. i wouldn't worry too much about kobe's nut tick and what he thinks of melo if i were you.

Haha, I don't. It was just my early morning perturbedness.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    He knows how to position himself on the floor, he knows how to score through double and triple teams consistently, and he is an amazing passer for a forward. He can control the floor and play point forward at times and he knows when to fall back and let his team mates get buckets.

He has a scorer's mentality. And all of the sensational things he does on the court are reasons why he is not a multi-dimensional player (He has a low basketball IQ). He thinks his best shot is the team's best shot, and that is not necessarily true.

I was the first, and i will be the last to say, AI+ Melo = no where. I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    He has a scorer's mentality. And all of the sensational things he does on the court are reasons why he is not a multi-dimensional player (He has a low basketball IQ). He thinks his best shot is the team's best shot, and that is not necessarily true.[/b]
    too true.

also-
    all of the sensational things he does on the court are reasons why he is not a multi-dimensional player
    that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. should he not do sensational things on the court to prove his dimensional plurality?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. should he not do sensational things on the court to prove his dimensional plurality?

Only by practicing dimensional plurality can one achieve... self-synergy!

He knows how to position himself on the floor, he knows how to score through double and triple teams consistently, and he is an amazing passer for a forward. He can control the floor and play point forward at times and he knows when to fall back and let his team mates get buckets.

He has a scorer's mentality. And all of the sensational things he does on the court are reasons why he is not a multi-dimensional player (He has a low basketball IQ). He thinks his best shot is the team's best shot, and that is not necessarily true.

I was the first, and i will be the last to say, AI+ Melo = no where. I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt.

See you're completely wrong still. My feelings aren't hurt, you're just an idiot.

self-synergy!

Yuichi,

Id have to disagree w/ the "Low I.Q." claim. Anthony does a whole lot except lockdown D.
    Did he win a college championship by being strictly a shooter?

You need NBATV in yo life and recalibrate your telepathy.

• that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. should he not do sensational things on the court to prove his dimensional plurality?

Only by practicing dimensional plurality can one achieve... self-synergy!

Not to mention raising one's basketball IQ.

I think I need a glossary on The Scientist's blog to keep everything straight!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

See you're completely wrong still. My feelings aren't hurt, you're just an idiot.

An idiot who obviously was not paying attention to the final weeks of the season.

self-synergy!

Yuichi,

Id have to disagree w/ the "Low I.Q." claim. Anthony does a whole lot except lockdown D.

C. Anthony, 6-13, 17 points, 0 assits

M. Miller 4-11, 10 points

These two players are classic examples of scorers that don't understand the concept of team ball. And what's the use if you give up just as many baskets as you score? lol

An idiot who obviously was not paying attention to the final weeks of the season.

What happened in the final weeks of the season? I wanna see you try to convince me.

self-synergy!

Yuichi,

These two players are classic examples of scorers that don't understand the concept of team ball. And what's the use if you give up just as many baskets as you score? lol

Numbers dont tell the whole story. Get yo MIND right.

Melo came on crazy strong in the latter part of the season.

• SOMETIMES YOU NEED A DUDE THAT JUST SCORES ON YOUR TEAM. DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE NOT A TEAM PLAYER.

Lol @ using an exhibition boxscore from an international game as proof of two dudes' whole careers.

self-synergy!

Yuichi,

So yea, yall can discuss what he did do, besides being a glorious scorer and street hungry playa (which gets respect from most) for Jordan brand. Naw, seriously, i wanna know.

10 years down the line when Melo has no rings. We're gonna be asking the same questions as AI. What happened? or didn't happen.

self-synergy!

Yuichi,

So yea, yall can discuss what he did do, besides being a glorious scorer and street hungry playa (which gets respect from most) for Jordan brand. Naw, seriously, i wanna know.

So your admitting u havent really analyzed Melo's game? And basing you critique on stat sheets? Cloudy Telepathy....

10 years down the line when Melo has no rings. We're gonna be asking the same questions as AI. What happened? or didn't happen.

At least A.I. got to the Finals. Im no rider for either cat, but Melo is like 12 years old and shit. Denver just turned the corner last year.

Umad he's gonna steal ya boys shine?

I'm just mad cuz my man does not get as much glory! (He did get 14 and 5assists...) Melo is out there, trying to get the scoring title or some shit.

"Melo leads U.S. squad to former glory"

• I'm just mad cuz my man does not get as much glory! (He did get 14 and 5assists...) Melo is out there, trying to get the scoring title or some shit.

So golden.

If Yuichi didn't exist, we'd have to invent him.

I'm just mad cuz my man does not get as much glory! (He did get 14 and 5assists...) Melo is out there, trying to get the scoring title or some shit.

That because Melo became the leader last team. And managed to foul his image up w/ the punch-n-run nonsense in NYC.

Ur man has rings already. Can someone else live?

• Ur man has rings already.

You mean those ones that Shaq and Phillip got for him? How cute.

I just need 5 sentences that convinces me that Melo is the truth. He is far from the truth. Paul Pierce is supposedly the Truth too.

what's the use if you give up just as many baskets as you score?

Great players play both sides. Now program this into your brains and repeat it once the season starts.