DON'T STEP ON MY AIR JORDANS!!!!

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    'twas already posted earlier in the thread, there was much fascemelting and disgust.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    finally, if you dont play ball, stop wearing dunks and jordans. its not fair.

Seriously. And someone better tell them parapalegics to quit buying shoes. It ain't right, and you're not fooling anyone.

nice.

i guess my comment looks pretty bad but "its not fair" was in reference to all the soon-to-be-retired ballers, such as myself, who wear retroe basketball sneakers like they were an old varsity letter jacket. its like my signal to the world, that while i might not look a baller anymore, i once was.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i guess my comment looks pretty bad but "its not fair" was in reference to all the soon-to-be-retired ballers, such as myself, who wear retroe basketball sneakers like they were an old varsity letter jacket. its like my signal to the world, that while i might not look a baller anymore, i once was.

those would just signal that i have bad taste.

finally, if you dont play ball, stop wearing dunks and jordans. its not fair.

Seriously. And someone better tell them parapalegics to quit buying shoes. It ain't right, and you're not fooling anyone.

nice.

were you in the NBA? no? then you were no more of a baller than anybody else who played in high school. so get over yourself.

if people who didn't ball didn't buy retro sneakers, there wouldn't be retro sneakers for you to buy in the first place.

were you in the NBA? no? then you were no more of a baller than anybody else who played in high school. so get over yourself.

i will dunk on you!!!

if people who didn't ball didn't buy retro sneakers, there wouldn't be retro sneakers for you to buy in the first place.

i think nike had basketball enthusiasts in mind when they started this retro thing...not 90lb dudes with skinny leg jeans and neckerchefs.

its like buying a harley cause you are a motorcycle enthusiast, and then you find out its "whats hot" among pedofiles.

i will dunk on you!!!

i think nike had basketball enthusiasts in mind when they started this retro thing...not 90lb dudes with skinny leg jeans and neckerchefs.

its like buying a harley cause you are a motorcycle enthusiast, and then you find out its "whats hot" among pedofiles.

maybe when they started it, but when they did start to retro, they had no idea it was going blow up the way it did, and i'm pretty sure the explosion is not due to "soon-to-be-retired ballers" trying to relive their mediocre pasts and their dreams of becoming a professional baller. the amount of basketball enthusiasts who buy retro sneakers for the reasons you have explained would not support the trend enough for nike to continue making retros as they have been the past several years. I'd say they have dollar signs in mind these days, they could give a fuck if it's washed up ballers who are buyiung their shit or 13 year old hipster kids with neckerchiefs and wallet chains, a c-note's a c-note. and i guaruntee you that if old ballers were the only people buying retro kicks, you would not be able to buy them as abundantly (if at all) as you can right now.

And you might dunk on me but I will break your ankles homie!

i will dunk on you!!!

maybe when they started it, but when they did start to retro, they had no idea it was going blow up the way it did, and i'm pretty sure the explosion is not due to "soon-to-be-retired ballers" trying to relive their mediocre pasts and their dreams of becoming a professional baller. the amount of basketball enthusiasts who buy retro sneakers for the reasons you have explained would not support the trend enough for nike to continue making retros as they have been the past several years. I'd say they have dollar signs in mind these days, they could give a fuck if it's washed up ballers who are buyiung their shit or 13 year old hipster kids with neckerchiefs and wallet chains, a c-note's a c-note. and i guaruntee you that if old ballers were the only people buying retro kicks, you would not be able to buy them as abundantly (if at all) as you can right now.

And you might dunk on me but I will break your ankles homie!

I agree w/ GB. The retro thing is not for 35 year olds who played in Dunks when they were hard to find.
    There's a gamg of factors. Kids who werent born yet but want to own a classic. Old dudes who want to cop that shoe they wore before. Cats who just want it to match their t-shirt. Alot of trendy sheep who just fall in line w/ the population. Whatever. The real basketballers created the craze by dont dictate that shit 25 years later. And w/ technology being what it is not every single retro'd sneaker would pass the quality test.

I would like these....

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

i think nike had $$$ in mind when they started this retro thing...

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

And w/ technology being what it is not every single retro'd sneaker would pass the quality test.

I would like these....

i rock dunk hi's and terminators when i play pick-up basketball, the only shoes that actually are hi-tops and provide actual ankle support. these new basketball shoes are a high ankle sprain waiting to happen, unless youre taping your ankles before you hit the local Ymca.

as for the lava domes, those are sweet. i have a few pairs i was able to get on cheap on ebay, dont sleep on the wildwoods either

dont sleep on the wildwoods either

I'm not really feelin the Wildwoods. GB likes them and said they were mad comfy though.

AirMax 97/360's from the "highlighter" pack which I guess would be good to have around in case a rave breaks out in my house, but otherwise I can't see myself wearing them.

I'm really feelin this colorway. I've been smellin the Dunks for a minute.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i'll ball on everybody on soulstrut. get your game up

i'll ball on everybody on soulstrut. get your game up

those highlighters are BRIGHT. the dunks are even brighter.

and they remind me a lot of the 2nd dunk high glows:

I came across these recently online, and while i'm not into patent leather and won't pay $150-200 for them, they are fly:

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Air max 97's and 95's are ravers and junkies shoes...so damn ugly. The only 95's i could even consider would be the stash colourway and even then.

Air max 97's and 95's are ravers and junkies shoes...so damn ugly. The only 95's i could even consider would be the stash colourway and even then.

you are talking about 2 of the best sneakers nike has ever put out. where do you get ravers and junkies??? you're sounding like a dude who wasn't into sneakers in 1995 and 1997.

• Options

You're right, I'm gonna go throw all mine out.

I'm not a big fan of a lot of the air max series but I don't think they look like raver shoes or anything. and last I checked, junkies aren't spending $150 on running shoes.

I kinda like these Air Max 90 360s they've been doing recently. The 360 sole and the 90 upper. They look funky, lots of air bubble! I'm not real keen on the colors of any of them though...

Air max 97's and 95's are ravers and junkies shoes...so damn ugly.

I'm no fan of either, but they are certified classics. They just dont look good on big feet IMO.

AND......

Stan Smith ICE edition.

and my first ever pair of New Balance 574 Pink/Black colorway. Shits are crazy comfy.

I was in finish line yesterday and they had some crazy big stan smith display with like 15 new stan smith joints. you see a display like that around your way yet? stan smiths making the big comeback in the 07? droppin' colorways like air force 1's?? hahaha

stan smiths making the big comeback in the 07?

they are always around. white on white is really the only way to go....those green midsoles are ok if you are fetching stray tennis balls at wimbledon, otherwise, whats the point of messing with a versatile sneaker.

those lava domes are awful. they look like a prototype for a nike x gatorade collabo.

nike has been slipping this summer. i feel stupid for passing on those fire red IIIs. they are the only sneaker that has been close to worthwhile since winter.

of course they were always around, but not in 20 different colorways...

• Options
    stan smiths making the big comeback in the 07?

they are always around. white on white is really the only way to go....those green midsoles are ok if you are fetching stray tennis balls at wimbledon, otherwise, whats the point of messing with a versatile sneaker.

those lava domes are awful. they look like a prototype for a nike x gatorade collabo.

nike has been slipping this summer. i feel stupid for passing on those fire red IIIs. they are the only sneaker that has been close to worthwhile since winter.

Maybe it's the Irish in me, but the White/Pine Green AF1 lows that dropped in March were heavensent. Even though it's a basic AF1 it's my favorite pair from the past six months.

Saturday I stooped reaaaaal low, and bought a hardly used pair of Reebok Classics at a garage sale up the block from my parent's house for 5 bucks. The guy whose shoes they were, I put gum in his hair when I was in 6th grade and made him cry. Now he's fresh out of jail for coke dealing after being setup by another guy in my town (see my Vitamin Water post). Dude came out the house and was HUGE... JAIL HUGE. Thank god he didn't remember me or my bubblicious antics.

Maybe it's the Irish in me, but the White/Pine Green AF1 lows that dropped in March were heavensent. Even though it's a basic AF1 it's my favorite pair from the past six months.

i like the simple colors they've done lately a lot more than thoe crazy loud ones.

I was in finish line yesterday and they had some crazy big stan smith display with like 15 new stan smith joints. you see a display like that around your way yet? stan smiths making the big comeback in the 07? droppin' colorways like air force 1's?? hahaha

There are only like 3 Finishline stores in the whole 5 boros. So ihad to troop out to the Queens Mall in Elmhurst to cop the Finishline exclusives.
    And that also means a whole lot of kids wont be wearing them.

As far as Stan Smith making a comback. I dont ever see them become a bonified Local Black EXP classic like AF1 where grandmas and methadone clinic cats wear them. Or clueless immigrant coppin them for instant acceptance. They will remain marginalized and worn by a certain subset of cats.

I agree, I was just messin' about them making a comeback. That's cool though that the display I saw was exclusive to Fnish Lne. And it's good for you that they won't be readily available to every kid in NYC. Get your shop on! I saw some pretty hot summer colors there...