DON'T STEP ON MY AIR JORDANS!!!!

Comments

• I've always wanted to say this, but you're an idiot.

Did I strike a nerve? If it makes you feel any better, I can't stand you either, fanboy.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    OBVIOUSLY, ME AND BATMON ARE COMING AT A DIFFERENT ANGLE WHEN WE TALK ABOUT GOOD BASKETBALL SHOES. SOMETHING ALL YALL NON-BALLIN' ASS WANNABE FANTASY MANAGERS WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND. THE LEBRON IV'S AND ZOOM KOBE 2'S ARE THE BEST BASKETBALL SNEAKERS OUT RIGHT NOW. YOU CAN HATE THE FOAMPOSITES FOR ITS STRIKING AESTHETIC, BUT PLEASE SPEAK NO FURTHER UNTIL YOU'VE ACTUALLY TRIED THEM OUT FOR WHAT IT WAS INTENDED FOR.

CONTINUE ON WITH THE SUPREME NUT-HUGG VARIANT DUNKS.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    OBVIOUSLY, ME AND BATMON ARE COMING AT A DIFFERENT ANGLE WHEN WE TALK ABOUT GOOD BASKETBALL SHOES. SOMETHING ALL YALL NON-BALLIN' ASS WANNABE FANTASY MANAGERS WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND. THE LEBRON IV'S AND ZOOM KOBE 2'S ARE THE BEST BASKETBALL SNEAKERS OUT RIGHT NOW. YOU CAN HATE THE FOAMPOSITES FOR ITS STRIKING AESTHETIC, BUT PLEASE SPEAK NO FURTHER UNTIL YOU'VE ACTUALLY TRIED THEM OUT FOR WHAT IT WAS INTENDED FOR.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

as for those lebrons and kobes being classics....doubt it. i dont think shoe technology has advanced THAT much since the transition between chuck taylors and leather high tops. Rasheed Wallace is in the nba, balling in a pair of Air Force 1s. if any recent basketball sneakers are classics, it will be because of style alone.

The AF1's that Sheed plays in are not the same as the ones you can pick up at Foot Locker or wherever, his have Zoom Air inserts in the sole and the uppers are not made from the same materials as the joints in the store.

For real, if you haven't tried them, look at a Nike outlet or on ebay for the Kobes or Huarache 2K5's, on the court they really do blow away shoes from just a few years ago.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

Yuichi dude, he just called you robin.

• The AF1's that Sheed plays in are not the same as the ones you can pick up at Foot Locker or wherever, his have Zoom Air inserts in the sole and the uppers are not made from the same materials as the joints in the store.

For real, if you haven't tried them, look at a Nike outlet or on ebay for the Kobes or Huarache 2K5's, on the court they really do blow away shoes from just a few years ago.

are you sure about that? he's been wearing af1's since portland. times might have changed. btw, the issue, with af1s from a balling perspective is not really their lack of air (they have air, hence the name) its the bottoms and the weight of the shoe.

i ball in the black and yellow kobes and used to have lebrons. they are cool, but its not like i play any better in them.

my favorite "performance" basketball sneaker was the Converse Run N' Gun. they were the kicks that Kevin Johnson used to wear. A combo between a running sneaker and a basketball mid. black and purple, 1993!

• OBVIOUSLY, ME AND BATMON ARE COMING AT A DIFFERENT ANGLE WHEN WE TALK ABOUT GOOD BASKETBALL SHOES. SOMETHING ALL YALL NON-BALLIN' ASS WANNABE FANTASY MANAGERS WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND. THE LEBRON IV'S AND ZOOM KOBE 2'S ARE THE BEST BASKETBALL SNEAKERS OUT RIGHT NOW. YOU CAN HATE THE FOAMPOSITES FOR ITS STRIKING AESTHETIC, BUT PLEASE SPEAK NO FURTHER UNTIL YOU'VE ACTUALLY TRIED THEM OUT FOR WHAT IT WAS INTENDED FOR.

RIF:

All in all I would say the Lebron IV and Kobe are the most popular basketball shoes Nike makes now.

[...]

The Zoom 2 Kobes look like they'd be a comfy ballin' sneaker though.

• The AF1's that Sheed plays in are not the same as the ones you can pick up at Foot Locker or wherever, his have Zoom Air inserts in the sole and the uppers are not made from the same materials as the joints in the store.

I know you are a shoe dude and all, but I gotta say I doubt Sheed's Forces are any different than what you can buy in the store. I seen him balling in all patent leather red and grey joints, batmon pointed them out last year. The uppers don't appear to be any different than what you get in the store. I have also seem him in the regular red white and blues, also all patent. He may have some special insoles, but that's about it. I'm not believing Nike is making Roscoe a special AF1 that looks exactly like the ones in the store but with magical space age materials to keep him in top form. I mean, feel free to prove me wrong, it just sounds a little far-fetched.

• TWEED DUNK HIGH PREMIUM

copped

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    TWEED DUNK HIGH PREMIUM

copped

im goin to get those tomorrow
    ef it
    AND these joints:

but about the ballin issue, i ball damn near everyday. and ima say it. im pretty confident i could hoop anyone on this board. and i still wouldnt wanna hoop with those kobes or lebrons for two reasons. i play at the park AND them shits are ugly. they might get run in a gym maybe, but someone would have to give them to me.

TWEED DUNK HIGH PREMIUM
    im pretty confident i could hoop anyone on this board.

you sound short

• TWEED DUNK HIGH PREMIUM
    im pretty confident i could hoop anyone on this board.

you sound short

both of you sound like you've never faced yuichi on the blacktop.

• Soulstrut 1st annaual basketball tournament coming soon?

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    Soulstrut 1st annaual basketball tournament coming soon?

please someone make this happen
    i dont like being referred to as a "non-baller" unless its referring to my financial situation. thats ok. i can deal with that.

i dont like being referred to as a "non-baller" unless its referring to my financial situation. thats ok. i can deal with that.

Real B-Baller get money on the Court.....

Fly me to NY with 5 star hotel accommodations and I'll consider it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    same with these..

?????

Sorry to tell you, but they are definitely fakes. Just look at the toe box, and the entire shape of the shoe. Plus, the Forces are fakes, these must be fake also.

^^

Just to compare (and establish my credibility), check these:

The only Air Max 95's I would rock are the OG neon yellow joints.

• Options
    The only Air Max 95's I would rock are the OG neon yellow joints.

You don't know shit.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i'll dunk on yuichi and lumin

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    i'll dunk on yuichi and lumin

you have a 5" vertical

• same with these..

?????

Sorry to tell you, but they are definitely fakes. Just look at the toe box, and the entire shape of the shoe. Plus, the Forces are fakes, these must be fake also.

Rain on my parade! Nah..good thing I dont like em..and didnt pay hardly anything for them. Guess that should have been the first clue..but I def. got burned. Oh well.

• ^^

Just to compare (and establish my credibility), check these:

I used to have the grey/red ones pictured above back when they first came out(I think a few years after the OG grey/neon greenish yellow ones)..and they were the worst "squeakers" out of all the 95s ive had!

Don't even sweat it. You got off easy. I had to learn my lesson by buying a pair of fake Jordan III's for more than I've paid for real ones ...

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    same with these..

?????

Rain on my parade! Nah..good thing I dont like em..and didnt pay hardly anything for them. Guess that should have been the first clue..but I def. got burned. Oh well.

if you have a lawn, these can officially become your cutting grass kicks

• Don't even sweat it. You got off easy. I had to learn my lesson by buying a pair of fake Jordan III's for more than I've paid for real ones ...

Yikes. That would have me super heated.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    same with these..

?????

if you have a lawn, these can officially become your cutting grass kicks

Funny you say that because I actually wear my yellow and grey 95 "squeakers" for yard work now.

• cutting grass in style..with bootleg kicks on..I need a fake chain/jesus piece to rock with em and im good.

• Options
    I haven't seen a kicks thread lately...

I was parusing the interweb at 3am this morning and found out these were being launched today so I rolled out of bed at 8am to head to Niketown so I could cop these, snitches.

They weren't open yet but dude opens the doors for kids who want their launch. Dope as hell. What do you think? I shoulda got two pairs? I'm slapping myself now.

This is how the whole thread began. Curious how often you rocked these since June 2?