2007 MOTHERF*CKING MLB THREAD BEYACHES!!

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    DUDE!!
    WTF?
    FUCKIN TORONTO?????

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    yeah, this is pretty bleak.

I'm still on the bandwagon, though.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

OH, IM NOT JUMPIN SHIP, BUT, FUCK MAN.
    They make it so hard~

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

OH, IM NOT JUMPIN SHIP, BUT, FUCK MAN.
    They make it so hard~

Seriously. Bleak is definitely the word. I still have faith, but man, the Yankees are playing lights-out right now, and we're playing like a sub-par NL team.

However, if the Sox meet the Yanks in the ALCS, I'm still down to lay a little wager with any of you NY fans. Jazzercism? Obscure_Addict? Who's got the stones to back the Bombers? Step up or

• At this point that's a big IF. But I'd wager something.

At this point that's a big IF. But I'd wager something.

Yeah it is. If we don't pull it together, we'll be one and done in the postseason the way we're playing now. And the Angels have your number, so we'll just have to see how the teams line up.

Good luck to y'all though???nothing would make my October more interesting than a Sox-Yanks ALCS. Unless this spygate thing gets even further out of hand.

• I would love to see a Yanks-Red Sox ALCS. I secretly think that you guys are just resting up before the playoffs, pulling a rope-a-dope to get us to expend everything on the division title with nothing left for the real fight in October. It would be a good strategy but I think momentum is more important than anything else at this time of the year.

I would love to see a Yanks-Red Sox ALCS. I secretly think that you guys are just resting up before the playoffs, pulling a rope-a-dope to get us to expend everything on the division title with nothing left for the real fight in October. It would be a good strategy but I think momentum is more important than anything else at this time of the year.

Huh. They've looked so bad recently that it never occurred to me that it might be intentional. I hope to God your right, but I doubt it.

By the way???my new avatar (for the near future):

• So the way it looks now Yanks playing the Indians, Redsox against Angels.. Hopefully that will lead to...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

VS

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• The Phillies may actually make it to the post-season.

F-you Padres, you guys are providing nothing but grief.

Now you know how the Phillies faithful feel, P**l.

Now you know how the Phillies faithful feel, P**l.

I will be rooting for the Phillies once the Padres are elimintated....

• Hahha funny pic, At this point i'm pretty much against winning the division. That would mean we play the Angels. Beside we'd have to win 5 games now because of dropping 2 outta 4 from those damn bluejays.

Hahha funny pic, At this point i'm pretty much against winning the division. That would mean we play the Angels. Beside we'd have to win 5 games now because of dropping 2 outta 4 from those damn bluejays.

True, but against Cleveland you'll face Sabbathia and Carmona, probably twice each if they end up with the best record in the AL, since they'll get to choose whether the want to play 5 games in 7 or 8 days.

No matter how it shakes out, there are no gimmes in the Division Series this year.

• Hahha funny pic, At this point i'm pretty much against winning the division. That would mean we play the Angels. Beside we'd have to win 5 games now because of dropping 2 outta 4 from those damn bluejays.

True, but against Cleveland you'll face Sabbathia and Carmona, probably twice each if they end up with the best record in the AL, since they'll get to choose whether the want to play 5 games in 7 or 8 days.

No matter how it shakes out, there are no gimmes in the Division Series this year.

No doubt either way it's gonna be some tuff baseball. I'm pretty confident we can handle the Indians. I'm really not sure what our season record is with them, but with the Angels I know they owned us this year again 6-3.

Season Series
    New York leads 6-0
    Tue 4/17 @NYY 10, CLE 3 Recap
    >Wed 4/18 @NYY 9, CLE 2 Box Score
    Thu 4/19 @NYY 8, CLE 6 Recap
    Fri 8/10 NYY 6, @CLE 1 Recap
    Sat 8/11 NYY 11, @CLE 2 Recap
    Sun 8/12 NYY 5, @CLE 3 Recap

This is all I could find for yanks/indians at espn.. and i could swear they beat us a few times.

W-L NIGHT GRASS STK L10
    CLE - 1st AL Central 92-63 65-44 80-57 W1 7-3
    NYY - 2nd AL East 90-66 62-39 80-58 L1 7-3

The Sox are 6-4 against the Angels, 5-2 against Cleveland. Of course, we were playing like a different team then.

Still, I guess I'd rather face Cleveland at this point, too.

• Did y'all catch ol' boy Milton Bradley tearin' his ACL while gettin' mad at the Ump? Major OOF. Sorry if I am late on this, didn't see it in the thread.

• Did y'all catch ol' boy Milton Bradley tearin' his ACL while gettin' mad at the Ump? Major OOF. Sorry if I am late on this, didn't see it in the thread.

I found this funny cause one of his own coachs threw him to the ground. Yet dood is pissing on the umpire as if he actually did something. You wanna argue a play great, but when the ump says quit it and you keep on whinning you'll be on your own for sympathy imo.

I found this funny cause one of his own coachs threw him to the ground. Yet dood is pissing on the umpire as if he actually did something. You wanna argue a play great, but when the ump says quit it and you keep on whinning you'll be on your own for sympathy imo.

Yeah I thought it was kinda funny too, but sad and embarrassing for the player. He claims that the ump was calling him a piece of shit and saying all this other shit, trying to instigate, but that's still not a good reason to blow up at him. I guess our (CR) 1st base man was called in for testimony on what he heard transpire between the 2. Sucks for Bradley though, I bet he feels like an idiot on the inside. I bet his manager or whoever threw him down feels pretty bad too, seeing as how they delivered the blow that caused him to tear his acl. Shit-tay.

Yeah I thought it was kinda funny too, but sad and embarrassing for the player. He claims that the ump was calling him a piece of shit and saying all this other shit, trying to instigate, but that's still not a good reason to blow up at him. I guess our (CR) 1st base man was called in for testimony on what he heard transpire between the 2. Sucks for Bradley though, I bet he feels like an idiot on the inside. I bet his manager or whoever threw him down feels pretty bad too, seeing as how they delivered the blow that caused him to tear his acl. Shit-tay.

I did not hear anything about the ump talking trash. They usually play it cool like yeah yeah yeah ok guy.. I feel like ump can say what he wants once he says sit down and the player refuses. I guess it's all sticks and stones until someone breaks some bones... or tears an ACL for that matter.. hah.. bradley is def NAGL atm.

• Yeah, the story on ESPN had him talking to the camera talmbout "I will get revenge" or some shit. He was going off saying the ump was saying really nasty shit to him (they were bleeping all kinds of shit, only thing I caught on the lip-read was 'you piece of shit'). That's why they are calling in the 1st base man to see what really went down. I still think he overreacted, regardless. Like you said, sticks & stones...

• If the ump starts that shit, than all bets are off.

fuck that dude.

• So the Yankees clinched at least the wild card with yesterdays win. That's right 13th straight post season appearence under Joe's era of baseball. I managed to get tickets for all three rounds.. not great ones, but whatever!!

Division playoffs: Home Game #2 Tier28 Row E (if we do not have home field advantage and they are swept these will not even be any good)

League Championship: Home Game #2 Tier 27 Row A

World Series: Game #7 (only one that had seats left, I tried all the others first) Tier Reserve Box 615 Row F

I'm hoping to at least get to this first game if not all three.

• That's right 13th straight post season appearence under Steinbrenner's wallet.[/b]

That sounds about right to me.

Thanks, again, for continuing to ruin baseball for small market teams trying to be competitive off of a penny.

In case anyone missed it, let's review the complete
    about-face of the one Obscure_Addict ...

After not posing for almost 2 months, he pops up when the
    Sox were on a skid and the Yanks coming on strong, and predicts
    a Yankee division win not once but TWICE:

Yanks not even in first and my hopes are higher.. I know they are going to win the AL east, the charge for the division is in the bag

It's gonna happen when the leaves turn brown the yankees will have another division crown.

But, what do you know? A week later, the Sox are playing better and
    the race has tightened up to the point where a Yanks division win is
    looking highly unlikely ... and suddenly O_A has a change of heart:

At this point i'm pretty much against winning the division.

Oh, what happened? Did the Sox get Manny, Youk & Shilling back and
    start playing well again? Hmmm ... maybe the reason Torre was crying
    like a little girl over clinching the Wild Card is because he knows
    it's the last thing the Yanks are going to win this year?

• Change of heart?? you really are a such a minibus riding tart.. I said that cause of not having to play the Angels... division titles mean nothing. Since WHEN did they start playing good or even nearly as good as the Yankees??? I think you are a little confused son. First of all the YANKEES have the best record in baseball since the allstar break, Second of all.. until this tampa bay series... Yankee starters had not given up a home run in 114 innings, third SUCK MY DICK BITCH!! You are the one who is feelin asshurt.. I can come and go as I please and post where I want, obviously you are OBSESSED with me, not records or baseball.

You basically almost lost a 14.5 game lead just like the UN-amazing Mets.

^^^ AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ^^^

is right!

• Honestly, who the fuck do you think you are??? Ya wanna be my mentor or some shit?? You sweat me hard... almost as if your a female who caught my sent and wants a quick dip. Peddlin so hard on my dick you'd think it was a bicycle.