2007 MOTHERF*CKING MLB THREAD BEYACHES!!

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    mostly greatbluehills and your bostonites are the only dumbass's posting about how GOOD your team is right now and whatever

Right? Where's the love for my mens Jaymack and KitchenKnight?

Let them dudes live - I mean, they gotta wake up in BOSTON every day.

Exactly. Let us enjoy our joyful, halcyon existence in the Hub of the Universe in peace, would you?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    This thread took an ugly turn, sort of like the post-7th inning last call at a game between bitter rivals.

I'm glad there are no Cubs fans here, or else I'd have to bear my out-so-White Sox teeth.

::monkeyknifefight::

I watched part of the Home Run Debry last night... Vlad was spanking that shit.

And yet it's hard to get excited about that stuff nowadays. The All Star Game is... for the chill-dren.

• Seriously if i jumped off a bridge I bet soulonice would follow right after. So because i posted a clip i'm at fault for your gloating about the redsox?? I mean at least get back to earth here for a second. I love watching the sox & yanks play although i'd rather watch interleague games. All i'm saying is check yourself with all that high & mighty cause boston is on fire this year. Where in this thread did yankee fans start hating on boston?? Yet i saw someone mention the "evil empire" pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaasse your all so asshurt w/ this rivalry shit.

The only real thing that's changed since boston won, is now we can't chant "1918"

As said above curb all that i'm better than you bullshit ohhh the yankees are in last... may it forever be april.... that is some typical minimal minded shit.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Seriously if i jumped off a bridge I bet soulonice would follow right after. So because i posted a clip i'm at fault for your gloating about the redsox?? I mean at least get back to earth here for a second. I love watching the sox & yanks play although i'd rather watch interleague games. All i'm saying is check yourself with all that high & mighty cause boston is on fire this year. Where in this thread did yankee fans start hating on boston?? Yet i saw someone mention the "evil empire" pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaasse your all so asshurt w/ this rivalry shit.

The only real thing that's changed since boston won, is now we can't chant "1918"

As said above curb all that i'm better than you bullshit ohhh the yankees are in last... may it forever be april.... that is some typical minimal minded shit.

At this point, I don't even know who you are talking to.

• I'm talkin right atcha that is why you keep responding. It's all good like i said it is what it is, you guys attack the yankees for reasons unknown, they must have given you some major hurtin over the years. Don't tell me the above picture of yankees fans is how you guys think we all are. Some of us keep it so fresh & so clean, but yeaaaah i'm just sooooooooo crazy like martin, where you at Sheneneh.

Can't we all just get along...

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Clearly, someone has yet to recover from the greatest collapse in the entire recorded history of professional sports.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    wow this is getting crazy!

anyway, i heard tim mcCarver say "Did that just happen?" tonight and half expected to hear joe buck say "yeah, that just happened."

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    now joe buck is talking over marlena shaw he's ruining it

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    sox got GAGNE! yanks got

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

+

+

=

• How are the Detroit Tigers fans feeling right now?

What the fuck ... the Mariner Moose just ran over
    Coco Crisp with a Honda ATV!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    this guy is the truth.
    giants fans rejoice.

Ugh. Sox blow 2 leads over the Angels and end up squashed.

Meanwhile, the Yankees rally around a beanball fest in Toronto
    and win their 5th in a row. Now only 5 back from the Sox and
    nobody's sleeping easy in New England anymore.

• this guy is the truth.
    giants fans rejoice.

I've been waiting for this guy to get called up for a minute now. I saw him pitch against the Mets at Shea (right behind homeplate, six rows back) and he was throwing the most serious heat I'd ever seen. He kind of slumped for 3 games after his first few great outings but ever since then he's been on. Have you checked out Yovani Gallardo? Another great rookie pitcher.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    this guy is the truth.
    giants fans rejoice.

dude looks 15 in that picture

nobody's sleeping easy in New England anymore.

I've been having this recurring dream where I'm being chased by some unidentified evil, and no matter how fast I run, the footsteps behind me keep getting louder.

Here's a little something from the Boston Globe that ought to bring a smile to the faces of you Yankee fans out there: Panic Time?

I think Gagne is sabotaging us - some fiendish plot
    cooked up between him and other Montreal Canadiens
    fans, to make our city suffer ... WHY MUST I CRY?!

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    this guy is the truth.
    giants fans rejoice.

dude looks 15 in that picture

In that picture? Dude looks 15 in every picture.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

" the platinum record for the Meatloaf hit "Paradise By The Dashboard Light," which featured Phil's voice"

Rest In Peace Phil Rizzuto - The Voice of the NY Yankees.

"Hi, This Phil Rizzuto for tha Money Store."

Look out, fools! Looks like somebody done woke Big Papi UP!

• 20 years ago commemorated tonight! My first ever night of staying up late!

=

What a difference two weeks makes, eh?

So, is the AL East race over? The Boston media seem to think it is. To break it down:

The Sox have a 7-game lead over the Yankees going into today with 30 games left to play. If the Sox play .500 ball (15-15) the rest of the way, the Yankees will have to go 23-7 to win the division, or 22-8 to tie. If the Sox maintain their .600 pace (18-12), the Yankees will have to go 26-4 to win, 25-5 to tie.

Sounds pretty good to me. But the Yankees are dangerous as a wild card team. Anything can happen in a short series against them. What do y'all think, all five of you who care about baseball around here?

• Ryan Howard's "George Jefferson pimp walk" last night was sweeet. Dude is a masher.

• Sabbathia vs Santana tonight.

The Twins are the same distance from the Division as they are the Wild Card, so hopefully they can go on a tear and get one or the other.

Even if they don't make the playoffs, the future looks good. They've made some smart financial choices to keep the team intact, they're getting a new stadium, and Liriano will be back next year.

The Twins are the same distance from the Division as they are the Wild Card, so hopefully they can go on a tear and get one or the other.

Even if they don't make the playoffs, the future looks good. They've made some smart financial choices to keep the team intact, they're getting a new stadium, and Liriano will be back next year.

Y're not Brewers? Originally from MN?

I hope the BrewCrew gets it back together again myself.

I loathe the Twins.

Y're not Brewers? Originally from MN?

I hope the BrewCrew gets it back together again myself.

I loathe the Twins.

I lived much of my life in MN, but went to high school and *gag* "found myself" in Madison, WI. I watched the Twins win two World Series as a kid in MN. I like the Brewers, but they're basically clueless. What a great park, though!