2007 MOTHERF*CKING MLB THREAD BEYACHES!!

Comments

• yup.
    works well for the phils that they wont have to deal with peavy till game 4 or 5 (but thats about when our rotation becomes completely irrelevent...meaning they could put a batboy on the mound and get the same results: 2.3 inning tops)

phils over padres in 6

• BOSTON vs. LOS ANGELES ANGELS

Wed 10/3, Gm 1, Los Angeles Angels @ Boston
    Fri 10/5, Gm 2, Los Angeles Angels @ Boston
    Sun 10/7, Gm 3, Boston @ Los Angeles Angels
    Mon 10/8, Gm 4*, Boston @ Los Angeles Angels
    Wed 10/10, Gm 5*, Los Angeles Angels @ Boston

CLEVELAND vs. NEW YORK YANKEES

Thu 10/4, Gm 1, New York Yankees @ Cleveland
    Fri 10/5, Gm 2, New York Yankees @ Cleveland
    Sun 10/7, Gm 3, Cleveland @ New York Yankees
    Mon 10/8, Gm 4*, Cleveland @ New York Yankees
    Wed 10/10, Gm 5*, New York Yankees @ Cleveland

ARIZONA vs. CHICAGO CUBS

Wed 10/3, Gm 1, Chicago Cubs @ Arizona
    Thu 10/4, Gm 2, Chicago Cubs @ Arizona
    Sat 10/6, Gm 3, Arizona @ Chicago Cubs
    Sun 10/7, Gm 4*, Arizona @ Chicago Cubs
    Tue 10/9, Gm 5*, Chicago Cubs @ Arizona

PHILADELPHIA vs. SAN DIEGO/COLORADO

Wed 10/3, Gm 1, Colorado/San Diego @ Philadelphia
    Thu 10/4, Gm 2, Colorado/San Diego @ Philadelphia
    Sat 10/6, Gm 3, Philadelphia @ Colorado/San Diego
    Sun 10/7, Gm 4*, Philadelphia @ Colorado/San Diego
    Tue 10/9, Gm 5*, Colorado/San Diego @ Philadelphia

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Go Angels.
    With Guerrero and Cabrera, they're my team to "cheer" on.

What's with the quotation fingers? And while the Angels look good, they're pretty banged up right now. I give it to the Sox in 4. Beckett wins 2. Lackey's got great numbers, but the Sox seem to have the only number that matters???his.

• SAN DIEGO/COLORADO

Anybody fuckin' with this game right now? Damn that grand slam! Rockies looking mean though, tied up top of the 6th. Where the SD heads at??? I'm hyped on baseball for once. This is great.

• nail biter! peavy couldnt hold off the rocks!

• nail biter! peavy couldnt hold off the rocks!

this is a pretty incredible game right now.

• WHY MUST I CRY...HOFFMAN, TWO BLOWN SAVES IN A ROW!!!!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Holiday never touched the plate

ump called him safe

tag was applied

• Holiday never touched the plate

ump called him safe

tag was applied

that was a legendary game

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Holiday never touched the plate

ump called him safe

tag was applied

im not crying about it haha

i dont really care about that division

as long as its Yanks/Cubs or Yanks/Phils i am happy

yea great fucking game though

• covecove 1,566 Posts

What's with the quotation fingers? And while the Angels look good, they're pretty banged up right now. I give it to the Sox in 4.

Because it's not like they're my team, and i might as well pick someone to cheer on.
    And it's not going to be the red sox or the yanks.
    VLAD VLAD VLAD.

• Red Hot Rockies versus the Phire-ass Phils.....great series.

Holliday/Hawpe/Tulowitzki/Atkins v. Rowand/Utley/Howard/Rollins

• Holiday never touched the plate

ump called him safe

tag was applied

this is the exact reason baseball needs some type of limited review on game winning close call plays...

It's clear as day on the review he never touched home plate, guys foot was blocking the plate hardcore and did not move. Bad call by the umps costs some teams to never know what could have been.

• That Rockies/Padres game was the best baseball game I've watched since I was probably 13. It did look like Holliday didn't touch the plate, but I think he could have brushed his fingers on it. Hard to tell from those cam angles. Either way, ump called it good, we won! Holliday = RBI and Batting title, facemelt. Tulowitski ROY? Holliday NL MVP? When do they announce all that shit? The Rockies were all of a sudden bad ass starting 15 games ago. Wtf. I'll take it though. I think I will definitely be catching this Philly series.

• It's clear as day on the review he never touched home plate, guys foot was blocking the plate hardcore and did not move. Bad call by the umps costs some teams to never know what could have been.

His finger could have brushed the side of the plate. It's not that clear in any of the camera angles. Either way, that ball that bounced off the rail BEHIND the yellow padding should have been a homer, and we have won the game much sooner had they called that appropriately.

also, he was never tagged out either, so even if he never did touch the plate, he wasn't out cuz dude never tagged him.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

LETS GO SOX! i'm gonna be at game 1 at fenway and i'm fucking amped up. i've never been to a post season game. i'm having trouble sleeping. i love this time of year!

• I think I will definitely be catching this Philly series.

and you will see colorado...

LETS GO SOX! i'm gonna be at game 1 at fenway and i'm fucking amped up. i've never been to a post season game. i'm having trouble sleeping. i love this time of year!

Nice score! Give Drew some love. With a little support, I think he can have a breakout postseason. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Lackey's out before the end of 6. His season record against the Sox is 0-2 with an 8.38 ERA, averaging less than 5 innings per start.

• Watching the Sox/Angels game right now, bosox beatin up on lackey making him throw a lot of shit in the first inning.

Watching the Sox/Angels game right now, bosox beatin up on lackey making him throw a lot of shit in the first inning.

Wow. Complete game 4-hit shutout. Beckett looked incredible, and Lackey looked uncomfortable and remarkably vulnerable. It's only one game, but with Youk, Papi, and Lowell all contributing offensively, I'm feeling pretty good today.

19-game winners Wang and Sabbathia going head-to-head tonight for you guys. That'll be a hell of a game. I'd bet on Wang. He's impressed me all year, and the Cleveland lineup just doesn't stack up against New York.

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but the prospect of an ALCS rematch is constantly lurking in the back of my mind as I watch these games...

• Watching the Sox/Angels game right now, bosox beatin up on lackey making him throw a lot of shit in the first inning.

Wow. Complete game 4-hit shutout. Beckett looked incredible, and Lackey looked uncomfortable and remarkably vulnerable. It's only one game, but with Youk, Papi, and Lowell all contributing offensively, I'm feeling pretty good today.

19-game winners Wang and Sabbathia going head-to-head tonight for you guys. That'll be a hell of a game. I'd bet on Wang. He's impressed me all year, and the Cleveland lineup just doesn't stack up against New York.

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but the prospect of an ALCS rematch is constantly lurking in the back of my mind as I watch these games...

I've always believed the best way to win is pitching. I have to say watched the entire Sox game and Beckett was amazing! Made me remember when he beat us before he joined the sox. He only added to his impressive post season stats and a complete shutdown of Angels offense. He was throwin balls coming in right on the batters elbows and breakin in for strikes or strike-outs! I'm sayin after that performance I can't see how the RedSox won't advance if he goes twice.

right now, Beckett is best pitcher in baseball.

• Anybody know a site I can watch the Rockies/Phillies game 2 live online this afternoon?

mlb.mlb.com

You'll have to pay to watch it, but they have a pretty cool virtual game display that shows the batter and the pitches as they come in that you can check out for free. It updates every few seconds, and is as close as I've found to watching a game online for free. Once the game starts, there will be three little icons in that game's box on the left of the screen at mlb.mlb.com. One is the video feed, one is the audio feed, and one is the virtual play-by-play. I think you have to pay for the audio, too, but the virtual is free.

• Anybody know a site I can watch the Rockies/Phillies game 2 live online this afternoon?

http://www.weeu.com/sports.asp

No idea if this website works, but looks like you can listen to them call the game for free.

Thurs., 10/4: -- PHILLIES BASEBALL, LIVE! Hear the Phillies battle the COLORADO ROCKIES TODAY in Game 2 of their divisional playoff series at Citizens Bank Park, starting with the Phillies Pre-Game Show at 2 pm, LIVE on WEEU !

Anybody know a site I can watch the Rockies/Phillies game 2 live online this afternoon?

This is a screenshot of the virtual play-by-play (pre-game at this point) at mlb.mlb.com.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

LETS GO SOX! i'm gonna be at game 1 at fenway and i'm F**king amped up. i've never been to a post season game. i'm having trouble sleeping. i love this time of year!

Nice score! Give Drew some love. With a little support, I think he can have a breakout postseason. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Lackey's out before the end of 6. His season record against the Sox is 0-2 with an 8.38 ERA, averaging less than 5 innings per start.

holy shit! im really hungover today. fenway was electric last night. amazing game to be at. beckett killed shit. GO SOX!

• It let's you watch the Chevy around the park pre game show. Does this just shut off soon as the game starts??

• I'm watching that too, about to see if they cut me off in two minutes. I HOPE NOT
    !

It let's you watch the Chevy around the park pre game show. Does this just shut off soon as the game starts??

Are you watching the video feed? I just tried to bring it up, but it asked me which video package I'd like to buy. The one I'm talking about is the one you get to through the icon that looks like an aerial shot of a baseball field???the second one from the right, under the letter "s" in Colorado leads:

• I'm watching something not sure if its live kind of free 4 shot split screen. The game is being played silent. Two people are chatting with each other. The score and batters box in another and the last being different shots of stadium/dugout/fans.