2007 MOTHERF*CKING MLB THREAD BEYACHES!!

Comments

• Ryan Howard's "George Jefferson pimp walk" last night was sweeet. Dude is a masher.
    speak truth!
    phils is killin it

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    a little off topic but this is a killer interview with kareem abdul jabbar-he talks about bruce lee and other lakers/basketball stuff of interest

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2006/01/talking_with_ka_2.html

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    WHY MUST I CRY?!

• Yall shit has been looking paltry the last two days.

Joba Chamberlain!

Yall shit has been looking paltry the last two days.

Joba Chamberlain!

Seriously. If we play like this in the playoffs, I'll be having nightmares by the time the ALCS rolls around. And does anyone know when Jose Offerman started dressing up as J.D. Drew? He really pulls it off well. I'd have never figured it out if it wasn't for the uncanny similarity between their .230 batting averages.

• Also, it's funny to me how every Red Sox fan I talk to can't wait for the season to be over. Face it, without Manny playing you have a below average lineup. There's been a lot of talk about how the race is over, the Yankees can't catch up, they need to play .750 ball the rest of the season, etc., etc. Keep trying to convince yourselves but you can't fool us. We can still tell that you're scared!

We can still tell that you're scared!

Scared may be a bit much, but concerned? Worried, perhaps? I'll cop to that. At this point, there's no doubt the Sox are in the playoffs, it's just a matter of how well they'll perform when they get there.

And you're right about the lineup. With Drew, Lugo and Crisp not hitting and Manny an unknown, it's going to be tough. We sacrificed some hitting in the offseason for pitching and defensive balance, and a few of the guys we were counting on to make it work haven't panned out in the short term.

Still, pitching wins championships, so take that as you will.

Oh, and if the Sox and Yanks both make it into the playoffs, perhaps we should make it interesting?

• Well, maybe you guys aren't as scared as I hoped...

As far as making it interesting, I'll do anything to bring some life to the normally dull Yankees-Red Sox playoff series. But let's wait to see if the Yankees make it first.

• where the mets fans at?!?!?!?!

GO PHILS !!!!!!!!!!

what a fuckin game. 5-0, 5-5, 8-5, then the mets explode i the 8th for 5, so its 10-8 with the feared billy wagner coming into shut the door. sorry, no! burrel homer in the 8th (whats up with this dude all of a sudden???) and then a billy ball implosion in the ninth. 11-10 phils and a 4 game sweep!

tragic that we have nowhere to put iguchi...he has been nothing but clutch since we got him. chase utley=mvp. dude is a gamer, no question.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'll do anything to bring some life to the normally dull Yankees-Red Sox playoff series.

I pray this is sarcasm.

• I'll do anything to bring some life to the normally dull Yankees-Red Sox playoff series.

I pray this is sarcasm.

Yes, I am saying. This is what sports is all about. I know it happens up in Boston the same way, I had totally forgot that the Sox were in town, until I heard mad hootin and hollerin from an adjacent apartment to mine... flicked on the television and within a couple of channels realized exactly what was afoot (the Yankees getting their sweep on).

When the Sox are in town everyone gets in on the action. Lucky ass GREG BELSON had tickets! Bastard.

Oh, why - did the Yankees sweep the Sox?

• Oh, why - did the Yankees sweep the Sox?

Why yes - didn't you hear? The Yankees swept the Sox!

I didn't believe it until I read it in the Times - you know, that the YANKEES... swept... THE SOX.

I didn't believe it until I read it in the Times

Wow, they put out a late-day Special Edition for it and everything, huh?

• I didn't believe it until I read it in the Times

Wow, they put out a late-day Special Edition for it and everything, huh?

Um, you didn't see the PARADE???

• I'll do anything to bring some life to the normally dull Yankees-Red Sox playoff series.

I pray this is sarcasm.

obviously

• Face it, without Manny playing you have a below average lineup.

HAHAHAHA! Wow!

Evidently, having five players in your lineup -- who still add stolen bases -- batting the league average while the rest are above .300 is considered "below average."

Simplified:
    With Manny = Majority of lineup bats above .300
    Without Manny = All batters batting at least the league average

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    where the mets fans at?!?!?!?!

GO PHILS !!!!!!!!!!

what a fuckin game. 5-0, 5-5, 8-5, then the mets explode i the 8th for 5, so its 10-8 with the feared billy wagner coming into shut the door. sorry, no! burrel homer in the 8th (whats up with this dude all of a sudden???) and then a billy ball implosion in the ninth. 11-10 phils and a 4 game sweep!

tragic that we have nowhere to put iguchi...he has been nothing but clutch since we got him. chase utley=mvp. dude is a gamer, no question.

they gonna hurt your heart, tripledub... don't let yourself be sucked in by this incredible 4 game sweep. they will HURT you. you have been warned

• you dont just stop believing after 25 years

philly sports is like a cult....evetually the aliens will come for us and we'' have our parade down broad street

HAHAHAHA! Wow!

Evidently, having five players in your lineup -- who still add stolen bases -- batting the league average while the rest are above .300 is considered "below average."

I count 3 players batting above .300 with or without Manny. And bragging about how many players you have batting the league average? What part of the game is that?

The bottom line: For the first time in 40 years a team was no-hit for at least 5 innings of two consecutive games. That's you guys.

And who gets stolen bases on the Sox besides Lugo and Crisp? They're way behind the Yanks in that stat.

Um, you didn't see the PARADE???

Wow???I didn't see the game since I was at work and didn't know about the back-to-back Chamberlain beanballs.

It appears there will be repercussions (from today's Boston Globe): Sox manager Terry Francona offered an ominous theory: "If the kid wanted to get our attention, he did a very good job."

The series at Fenway looks like its going to be awfully interesting...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

That's you guys.

Wait 'til the ALCS. We'll see what's up then. My goal is to have you take a picture of yourself wearing a Red Sox shirt and holding a sign that reads "I wish I lived in Boston."

• "I wish I lived in Boston."

• DUH DUH DA DUUUH DUH DA DUUUH DUH DA DUUUUUH

DUUUH DUUUH DA DUUUH DAAA DA DUUUH DUH DA DUUUUUH![/b]

HAHAHAHA! Wow!

I count 3 players batting above .300 with or without Manny. And bragging about how many players you have batting the league average? What part of the game is that?

The bottom line: For the first time in 40 years a team was no-hit for at least 5 innings of two consecutive games. That's you guys.

And who gets stolen bases on the Sox besides Lugo and Crisp? They're way behind the Yanks in that stat.

Yeah, those averages changed since I looked at them last.

Here are some other batting statistics:

3rd in AL in runs scored
    5th in AL in team hits
    3rd in AL in RBIs
    2nd in AL in on base percentage
    3rd in AL in slugging percentage
    5th in AL in team average

If an average lineup is one that falls in the middle of the pack, then the Bosox are definitely not that. That's the bottom line.

• 23 year old Texas kid. Nice one.

• That. Was. Incredible.

• The Sox should win the AL. I think they'll win it all.