2007 MOTHERF*CKING MLB THREAD BEYACHES!!

Comments

• This Deserves A Bump.

Watching highlights right now...Gettin' chills all over again.

That kid's got stones.

• Only 10 or 11 games left to go. Any predictions?

• Only 10 or 11 games left to go. Any predictions?

Sox win the AL East, and get bounced in the first round.

Angels beat the Yanks in round 1. I think NY oculd take any other team in the AL right now (Cleveland would be tough...) but, the Angels have their number, and play them with a serious amount of confidence.

• Cleveland and the Angels have the same record right now. Whoever gets more wins plays the wild card winner (more than likely to be the Yankees but I'm still not counting them out of the AL East race). The Yanks own Cleveland this year and playing them would be much easier than playing the Angels who seem to own the Yanks. In a nutshell, Go Cleveland!

• this thread is too AL unbalanced

the east race is craaaaaaazy right now

watch out for them PHillllllllllsss

The momentum seems to have shifted toward the Phillies but 3 games in the loss column is a lot to make up in about 10 games. You guys could catch the Padres though.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Sox win the AL East, and get bounced in the first round.

pretty much.
    it's about thatt time of year where they realllly start to fuckin disappoint. the yankee series this weekend was full on ball suckage, and now toronto is givin them a run for their money.

thank god its football season.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    All you Sox fans talking doom and gloom - that's cool,
    but I don't want to hear SHIT from y'all when the Sox are
    in the Series. Tal'mbout first round exits and shit, damn,
    dudes - whats the hell??

• All you Sox fans talking doom and gloom - that's cool,
    but I don't want to hear SHIT from y'all when the Sox are
    in the Series. Tal'mbout first round exits and shit, damn,
    dudes - whats the hell??

Just a feeling. Too much suspect pitching of late to go with their already inconsistent offense.

I ain't bitching...they just seem worn out, and their biggest strength is DEFINITELY falling back to the pack.

Love to see them go far; just, objectively, don't think it's gonna happen.

i hope for the best but expect the worse.

The momentum seems to have shifted toward the Phillies but 3 games in the loss column is a lot to make up in about 10 games. You guys could catch the Padres though.

2.5 games, thank you

that shit can turn around in two days time!
    its got me paying attention, which is rare this late in the season (although we barely missed the last two years)

edging out the padreswould be nice.
    but nothing. NOTHING. would be better than bouncing the mets out the picture!

eyes on the MOTHER FUCKING prize, goddammit!

• Man the Red Sox looked pathetic pon the replay tonight.

Yall gonna lose the east to the Yankees, in the final days of the season?

• 2.5 games, thank you

Make it 2 games back after another Nats comeback.

• 2.5 games, thank you

Make it 2 games back after another Nats comeback. [/quote
    this extra innings shit is killingme. mesa on the mound is giving me ulcers

• Good god, 2 solid extra innings from Mesa. Now I've seen everything.

• heart of the lineup coming up

the time is now

• ...and with that Padres win, this is the only game left tonight. Hitting 5 hours before game's end.

• Make that 1.5 games

• werth got double triples!!!! hahaha game and a half back!!!!!

Gagn?? is AWFUL.

I'm starting to believe this is some kind of
    bad karma for getting greedy and trading away
    good young players for a pitcher we didn't even
    need. Dude has blown every single game he's pitched
    in. He can't even throw fucking strikes!!

• Boohoo the Redsox stink at the end of september, what else is new? but blaming it on one relief pitcher or a trade?? that's kinda sad.. how about jd drew gets some clutch hits in those diehard situations. Yanks not even in first and my hopes are higher.. I know they are going to win the AL east, the charge for the division is in the bag with the slumping bosox playing so horrible. I mean come on, they don't even have a second great starter in rotation anymore.. it's josh beckett the 18 game winner and nobody else putting up amazing pitching. Yankees are the best team in baseball right now.. and if we can get past Mike and his angels (who own us 6-3 this year) the world series will be number 27.. they gonna win one more before the stadium is gone.

didn't you run away from this forum crying like a
    little bitch? so now you just lurk around looking for
    chances to take shots at me? how pathetic.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Gagn?? is AWFUL.

I'm starting to believe this is some kind of
    bad karma for getting greedy and trading away
    good young players for a pitcher we didn't even
    need. Dude has blown every single game he's pitched
    in. He can't even throw fucking strikes!!

Just be glad the Rangers didn't get who they wanted from the Sox in that trade or else Ellsbury would be in Tejas!!

• Actually I was taking a shot at your weak team.. the Redsox losing the AL title simply cause of a trade or a relief pitcher throwing balls. Umm and ran away crying?? lol this is the internet bro, I don't run away from it crying.. I still talk with a bunch of people on pm who post here. I just don't speak public to the mass flood of jesus threads. Absolutely nothing inperticular worth speaking on yet somehow lurking at work passes time wonderfully.

However... the redsox suck... so I spoke, could have easily been one of the other 3 boston fans here making that dumbass comment, but it was you... stop whinning about it and deal wit your team falling apart.

• I wouldn't say that the Red Sox suck. But their recent slump shows a lot of weaknesses. In particular, you guys have been saying that this 07 team is built around pitching and all of sudden the pitching is failing big time. Beckett is the only reliable starter. Lester looks pretty good too but he's unproven. Also, the 7-8-9 lights out dream team is not as unstoppable as advertised. Gagne is a total bust, the fallout of the Sox acting like the '02-'05 Yankees. Okajima is coming down to earth at the end of the season, and has been really bad over the past 20 or so innings (He could be tired, it seems to happen to Japanese pitchers in their first season in the MLB. It also seems to have happened to Dice-K). Papelbon is still great but not invincible. Sometimes all it takes is to get to a closer once and doubts start to set in. The Sox used to be scared shitless of Rivera until they figured out that he could be hit.

• This dude is the truth!

• This dude is the truth!

There was a great Joba moment in the second game of the Yankees-Red Sox series when the Yanks were getting blown away. A Red Sox home run ball went flying into the stands and Joba robbed the ball from getting to the fans by making a wall catch inside the bullpen.

There was a great Joba moment in the second game of the Yankees-Red Sox series when the Yanks were getting blown away. A Red Sox home run ball went flying into the stands and Joba robbed the ball from getting to the fans by making a wall catch inside the bullpen.

yeah that was wicked funny.....pause...not!

FUCK HIM.

and i love that obscure comes out of lurker troll mode to diss SoI and us sox fans while were down.

and i love that obscure comes out of lurker troll mode his furious PM exchanges with the finer members of our forum[/b] to diss SoI and us sox fans while were down.

• Did I make your dreams come true soi? This thread is all I got in common with the majority of strut as a whole. I love the Yankees just a little too much and i'm not really into jesus or satan or religous records even, so...

I've always respected the sox as a team just like every individual human being deserves respect, but we we're down 14.5 games! and now 2.5 oh the sox are not the worst team right now just they have collapsed under the pressure. sox = the mets! both big losers atm giving away entire season leads. The Yanks won yesterday 12-0 and A-Rod went hitless this is how good they are lately.

And yes, Eric blew 4 saves and lost 4 games for the sox, such a worthless trade. If the redsox lose home field that's such a huge downer for them.

It's gonna happen when the leaves turn brown the yankees will have another division crown.

I'll go back to lurking now... perhaps I will post some raer on this upcoming special dedicated record day that allows threads about the love of music.