NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yuichi.....even better.....being an L.A. guy I'd bet you would agree that Michael Olawokandi may be the biggest bust in NBA history(Forgive me LaRue Martin)...

Go compare the Candy Man's first 5 years vs. Kwame's....

If I was a laker fan I'd be ecstatic about Andrew Bynum, but I'd also admit that Kwame will never even come close to living up to his #1 pick status.

Heck, you couldn't get Milwaukee to trade Andrew friggin' Bogut for 3 Kwame's.

Everyone's believing that Bynum is gonna be on some mythical legend type shit in 5 years. I'll believe it when I see it.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    legit 1st round playoff team

My team is def a legit 1st round playoff team.
    I take it you mean a first round exit? If that's the case, then fine. And yes, I do watch a ton of Laker games.

legit 1st round playoff team

My team is def a legit 1st round playoff team.
    I take it you mean a first round exit? If that's the case, then fine. And yes, I do watch a ton of Laker games.

Los Angeles will have a great chance against San Antonio.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

I dislike San Antonio as much as the next hater, but that is a bold prediction.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Yuichi.....even better.....being an L.A. guy I'd bet you would agree that Michael Olawokandi may be the biggest bust in NBA history(Forgive me LaRue Martin)...

If I was a laker fan I'd be ecstatic about Andrew Bynum, but I'd also admit that Kwame will never even come close to living up to his #1 pick status.

Everyone's believing that Bynum is gonna be on some mythical legend type shit in 5 years. I'll believe it when I see it.

Don't know about any magical shit, but I'll bet Bynum has a better career than Kwame.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    Monday, March 5, 2007

Artest arrested at home on domestic violence charges[/b]
    ESPN.com news services

Last month Ron Artest was cited for neglecting dogs on his property, and his troubles have now escalated. The Sacramento Kings star was arrested on Monday morning in his home on domestic violence charges, according to a multiple media reports.

Placer County Sheriff's officials announced the charges and scheduled a 7 p.m. ET news conference to discuss the incident.

"We are aware of the situation and are in the process of gathering information," Kings spokesman Troy Hanson told the Sacramento Bee.

According to the reports, police responded to a a 911 call at 9:23 a.m. PT, and deputies found the woman who made the call at Artest's Loomis, Calif., home. After interviewing the woman and the player separately, police arrested Artest.

He was charged at the Placer County Jail with domestic violence and using force or violence to prevent his victim from reporting a crime, the Bee reported, citing officials involved in the case.

In early February, it was revealed that Artest paid $1,942 in boarding and impound fees because some of his dogs had spent a total of 77 nights at the Placer County pound since July. Animal control officers had gone to Artest's five-acre estate seven times in that period in response to callers' complaints about dogs being loose or not being fed.

Artest completed anger management for a domestic violence charge in 2004, and the mother of his children was charged with the same crime for hitting Artest in 2002.

some how this doesnt suprise me dood. did you see the need4sheed post on joe d's sons favorite basketball player? that girl really cracks me up.

Don't know about any magical shit, but I'll bet Bynum has a better career than Kwame.

Maybe, maybe not. Bynum is certainly off to a fast start. Kwame is still 25, that's relatively young. About the only Laker I truly hated was Chucky Atkins, and Lamar (when he was playing zero D, and was fitting in).

I dislike San Antonio as much as the next hater, but that is a bold prediction.

Well, if regular season means anything, they are definitely beatable this season.

• espn.com has this draft scenario generator up right now, i clicked on the button to see if the warriors would come up w/ the number 1 draft pick. no such luck. the mock draft has them picking 9th and selecting the tall chinese kid. hmmmm

Oh if Nellie is still there, you're gettin a foreigner. Write it down. 7'9" Chinese dood sounds just about right.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

espn.com has this draft scenario generator up right now, i clicked on the button to see if the warriors would come up w/ the number 1 draft pick. no such luck. the mock draft has them picking 9th and selecting the tall chinese kid. hmmmm

Oh if Nellie is still there, you're gettin a foreigner. Write it down. 7'9" Chinese dood sounds just about right.

Absolutely....Nellie believes in the addage.."You can't teach height"

And he is infatuated with the mysterious foreign player.

For every Dirk that he hit on, there were 15 Chris Antsey's.

What he fails to recognize is you can't teach 7'9" guys to be athletic.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    oh schnaps! my dubs beat the pistons!!! when the hell did baron come back? I was sure dude was out for the year. They sweep detroit for the year! small consolation prize for another disappointing year.

who knows they may now make a playoff push and go 20-0 and get knocked out of the first round. with the clip show w/o a point guard, the kings w/o artest, the nuggets playing w/o any cohesion and well the twolves being the twolves, we can do it!

i remember like it was yesterday, 93-94 warriors c-webb going behind the back on a fast break dunk on sir charles only to have charles go for 50+ the next game. haha

-rich

• Man, what is up with Kobe and his bitchmade flail-my-arms-and-whack-another-fool-in-the-face bullschitt? That shit is so obvious. He clocked Marco Jaric last night. They gave him a game for the Manu shot, it should be two this time.

Man, what is up with Kobe and his bitchmade flail-my-arms-and-whack-another-fool-in-the-face bullschitt? That shit is so obvious. He clocked Marco Jaric last night. They gave him a game for the Manu shot, it should be two this time.

Oh really, Kobe does that? like oh my god!

By the way, did you know that 'bitchmade' is taboo? Who is Marco Jaric?

• Man, what is up with Kobe and his bitchmade flail-my-arms-and-whack-another-fool-in-the-face bullschitt? That shit is so obvious. He clocked Marco Jaric last night. They gave him a game for the Manu shot, it should be two this time.

Oh really, Kobe does that? like oh my god!

By the way, did you know that 'bitchmade' is taboo? Who is Marco Jaric?

See ya Sunday.

You dudes are funny. No, I won't see you on Sunday!

• You dudes are funny. No, I won't see you on Saturday!

That's awesome, cos I too find *you* funny.

You's a ho. By the way, the Mavs are overrated.

• So you're feeling the "slap this dood a foot and a half away from me AFTER my follow-through" business?

51-5. Not even the 95-96 Bulls did that. You tell me. See for yourself this weekend. Lakers v. Mavs is always fun.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    Man, what is up with Kobe and his bitchmade flail-my-arms-and-whack-another-fool-in-the-face bullschitt? That shit is so obvious. He clocked Marco Jaric last night. They gave him a game for the Manu shot, it should be two this time.

yeah that was pretty bitchmade. i remember when kobe had jordan mannerisms down to a science, his post game interviews were in his likeness, wearing suits etc. now look at him, wearing jerseys tattoos etc.

as a player that foll is great but i still think he's bitchmade. hahaha

if the lakers dont beat the mavs, my warriors surely will!

• if the lakers dont beat the mavs, my warriors surely will!

11-0 on night 2 of back-to-backs. Y'all have had the Mavs number for sure for two seasons now. Plus the Nellie factor. I'm looking forward to these two games. Weird scheduling this week. The Mavs play ONE game from 3/4 to 3/10.

6pm is a good time. This works out for me, because by this time, I would have balled up some Japanese kids in Torrance, CA.

What can you say, I'd be the first to admit, Kobe's pride is sometimes greater than his game, and that's saying a lot. That slap to Manu was out of frustration. Although I doubt he intended to hit his face.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

51-5.

deezamn. Mav's are bout it. Can't wait for the playoffs. I'm already over the reg season.

Although I still watch every nuggets game. Camby was awesome last night. 8 pts, 11 boards, 6 assists, 6 blocks, and 4 steals. My dude Nene was nice too. 15 pts, 14 boards, 3 assists, 1 stl, 1 blk. We do well when the big guys are putting in work. Scoring distribution was also very good. I know it was just the Hornets, but hey, a game's a game at this point. Back to .500!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Melo in Danger of Being Benched

Denver Nuggets' coach George Karl is ready to bench Carmelo Anthony due to his poor attitude and inconsistent play, according to a Denver Post report.

"I think that's the next move," Karl told the newspaper, revealing that Anthony will be removed from games and benched if the All-Star forward fails to play smart, team basketball.

"I've told 'Melo in the last two weeks, 'I don't think you're listening. I don't think you're listening as well as you need to listen.' For me, the next step is to change the democracy back to a dictatorship."

What's more, Anthony has not meshed well on the court with Allen Iverson, whom the Nuggets acquired in December while 'Melo was serving a 15-game suspension for his role in an on-court brawl with the New York Knicks.

"The inconsistencies, we have excuses for. But I'm tired of seeing it," Karl said.

The Post's story claims Anthony is obsessed with scoring to the point of distraction and prone to moping when his jumpers clank.

And at age 22, he has not yet figured out how to be a leader in the Nuggets' locker room.

"I think what you're baffled by is you see a guy who could be a top-five player in basketball," said Karl, who claimed to have discovered a statistic he hopes to use as a motivational tool. Anthony recorded more double-double games of points and rebounds in a single season at Syracuse than he has produced in nearly four seasons as a pro.[/b]

What are Iverson's thoughts?

"If you're scoring at a high rate and your team's not winning, people come at you and want to know what more you can do. It's a lose-lose situation," Iverson said.

True, Anthony is a talented offensive player with the ability to score 30 points per night against almost any team.

Perhaps that's part of the problem.

"Personally, I think 'Melo should forget about scoring," Karl said.

As for emotional development, Karl suggested that Anthony should take a long, hard look at Rockets' superstar Tracy McGrady.

"Tracy McGrady has grown up. Tracy McGrady gets it," Karl said.

"And, right now, what you're saying is basically, 'When is 'Melo going to get it?' Is it going to be next month?' As a coach, there's no one more frustrated, there's no one more angry than me, because I feel the pain."

That double-doubles stat is pretty ridiculous, and not in a good way.

yeah that was pretty bitchmade. i remember when kobe had jordan mannerisms down to a science, his post game interviews were in his likeness, wearing suits etc. now look at him, wearing jerseys tattoos etc.

This subject never gets old for you folks does it.

How 'bout we flip the script. Dwyane Wade is an egocentric prick, he just conceals it well.

MVP: Dirk Nowitzki
    Most Improved Player: Kobe Bryant
    6th Man of the Year: Leandro Barbosa
    Rookie of the year: There were rookies this year?
    Defensive Player of the Year: Give it to 'Zo. The only dude in the league that challenges dunks.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

How 'bout we flip the script. Dwyane Wade is an egocentric prick, he just conceals it well.

How come whenever somebody talks trash about Kobe, you lash out at other players, instead of explaining why they're wrong about No. 24?

• How 'bout we flip the script. Dwyane Wade is an egocentric prick, he just conceals it well.

Duh. I can't really speak on it cos I'll get a torrent of BS to deal with but that dood......"N****'s whole style is chump."

Remember tho, Jordo was as big an ass as you will find.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Kobe, how many girls have said "I love you?"
    Not like 'I love you Kobe!' like a fan
    But like, for real, like, baby, marry me
    I love you

You're sweet
    Once again (Once again)
    Flawless (Flawless)
    C'mon
    Right
    Uh, uh huh
    Yo, yo, it's like this

Uh, what I live for? Basketball, beats and broads
    From Italy to the US, yes, it's raw
    I'ma search for the one that make my wealth feel poor
    Who can ignore the spotlight life of Grandma
    My downfall is how I found the aura, so I searched in
    There's plenty of women with sex appeal when it's filled
    Can even complete the package, all I date is actresses
    Can play it safe with them, my money ain't bait
    But I must take risks to find a honey that's legit
    Whether she push a buck and a six, bumpin' some mad chips
    Out on her own, or live out of moms and pop's home
    Watch time, fashion, Adidas attire or Timbo's
    I don't know, yo, these women come and go
    Like the wind they blow, how do I know it's you for sure?
    When God talk to me, give me a signal
    But until then, all my ears hear, just let me flow
    C'mon

K-O-B-E, I L-O-V-E you
    I believe you are very fine
    If you give me one chance, I promise to love you
    And be with you forever more
    K-O-B-E, I L-O-V-E you

Check this out though
    Real love last, now do you love me or my cash?
    My name, fame, drop top, Benz or the wooden dash?
    You know my stash, from Georgie cash
    Platinum, US express, no paper cash
    Spend it all now, or kiss to be rich cash
    Hash, stocks and bonds, laugh when they crash
    Are you the type that brag the jewels you flash
    The type-type with your ex-man and push his Jag
    The type that love no scrubs or pigeons and got mad
    The type that can't stand a women with her own cash
    You know, like lime, claim she ain't rat
    The type that get loud in public, refrain my hand from a slap
    No time for y'all, too busy for y'all
    Plenty of dimes turn me on and turn me off tryin' to show off
    Get lost, grow up, real women, roll up
    Let yourself go, if you feel this, let me know
    C'mon

K-O-B-E, I L-O-V-E you Bounce wit' me, bounce wit' me
    K-O-B-E, I L-O-V-E you Right, right, uh, uh, uh

Think ya eyein' me, all along, I'm eyein' you
    The hunter becomes the hunted, girl, I'm preying on you
    Beautiful, the feelings we share are mutual
    Passion that's telling me so for us is suitable
    Un-controllable desire flows through me
    When you say my name, such lust in your slang
    No time for games, the games I play, all the same
    Can't get witcha, when the door hitcha, when the Lord splitcha
    I figure, hour-glass figures could be dangerous
    Cuz if your time runs out, they frame you for your clout
    And having a past, well, I stereotype glass
    All dimes ain't money, ass, and feignin' for a brother's cash
    Slash fame, slash power, slash repsect
    All of the above, makes me a supreme threat for scrubs
    Love but do you want? One more 'gain, let me know
    The words flow, from the bottom of your soul
    C'mon

K-O-B-E, I L-O-V-E you
    K-O-B-E, I L-O-V-E you

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    'Zo. The only dude in the league that challenges dunks.

I know you hate Sports Illustrated for whatever reason, but there was a very good article in there about a month ago about the dying art of blocking shots. They spent some time talking about the holy grail of blocks, the blocked dunk, and naturally, they asked 'Zo about it. He basically said that a big part of blocking dunks is the willingness to try even though it means you're going to get dunked on pretty nasty sometimes and that nowadays, dudes are way too image-conscious to make the effort. Very on point.

How come whenever somebody talks trash about Kobe, you lash out at other players, instead of explaining why they're wrong about No. 24?

I do both. Everyone decides to just shut up when I drop truth (it's true!), so that's why it's probably not fresh in your memory.

I could talk about how he's highly self-conscious, a perfectionist, and one of the most misunderstood athletes in sports history. And how those attributes contribute to an overall negative image about him (not to mention, he's on the Lakers). But lately, he's silenced the haters too. And long time supporters like Mark Jackson, Scoop Jackson, and Steven A. Smith have had nothing but good things to say about dude. He has good intentions, works hard, and has flaws just like the rest of us. Only his are blown way out of proportion by the general public. He's asked Phil Jackson for leadership advice, and he's made conscious efforts to do just that. And it shows.

What's not to respect about that?

^^^^ This post will largely be ignored.