NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• Real men talking with compassion and understanding like that to a son.

I see. ^^^^This is actually the view I take of my interaction with people on this board.

WHO KEEPS THROWING FAUX THESE ALLEY-OOPS???????

haha. that was me actually.

Yuichi and I are together averaging 30 ppt (points per thread), 15 rpt and 10 apt.

And we are styling on you.

Sometimes I wonder if faux is really human or if he's just a pulsating brain connected to a desktop via USB 2.0 cable.

• Barkley is gonna let you know exactly what's up w/ your team and more often than not you aren't trying to hear it but he's right about 95% of the time.

It's fun to guess just how tipsy he is during your average TNT Thursday Night.

Co-sign Legler as "tool".

How bout a lil' love for the best studio host bar none, Ernie Johnson.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Ernie Johnson gets love.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

As a pair they average 10 ppg, 13 rpg and 2.5 bpg.

So they are each not quite half the man that Marcus Camby is?

I'd trade Damps and all the Mavs rookie scrubs for Camby in a heartbeat. He's that dood....when he's healthy, which sometimes is a dicey proposition.

Fuck, the Mavs with Camby as starting center would be rediculous.

How bout a lil' love for the best studio host bar none, Ernie Johnson.

Ernie is cool. He puts up with Barkley on the regular, not to mention he never missed a game while fighting cancer. Oh, and his commentary is solid as well.

• Let's revisit some mid-season prognostications:

Denver is the best team in the west if Carmelo allows A.I to be the #1 option

Dallas ....no way in hell they can handle Denver at FULL strength

Still feelin good about these?

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    GP - you should be banned from talking hoops until you fix the sorry state of your fanta-team.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i enjoy tom tolbert commentary. but i may be regionally biased on that... and bill walton is one of my favorites just for the off the wall shit he says!!!

incredible now thats textbook basketball! only biz markie ^ kool g rap compare when it comes to dudes w/ lisps rocking the m-i-c!

what yall know about my dude jim barnett!

• GP - you should be banned from talking hoops until you fix the sorry state of your fanta-team.

Okay, so much for those good vibes.....

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

This man is the TRUTH!

Walton I think has actually gotten better. I think it helps that they parted him from Snapper Jones. Those two would just bicker like an old married couple. Walton still gets carried away sometimes, especially when talking about big men. When he first started I couldn't stand him.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

When I first moved out to Oakland, I didn't really like this guy at first, but now, I think he's really dope.

I'll tell you who was surprisingly good at his turn as an Inside the NBA postgame dude was Kobe. I was fully prepared to rip on the guy, but he did really well and offered some good insights.

Know who wasn't ready for prime time as a commentator?

Scottie Pippen. Dude grew up in a small town in Arkansas. He has that whole laid back, rural southern demeanor. Not what you want out of a talking head on TV.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Scottie Pippen. Dude grew up in a small town in Arkansas. He has that whole laid back, rural southern demeanor. Not what you want out of a talking head on TV.

True, but he really doesn't need to say much to add credibility.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

It would've been awesome if everytime they panned over to him for a comment, he just said some variation of, "I'm Scottie fucking Pippen--recognize, batches!"

Ugh. Bill Walton makes me angry. I can't stand listening to him and he says the stupidest shit all the time. It's funny to a certain degree, but after about 5 minutes into the 1st qurter, it's no longer bearable for me.

And to GP - I don't believe those were my comments, and if they were, I may have been drunk or something. I would never agree that AI should be the #1 option on the Nuggets, because that is kinda what I feel is hurting them right now. AI hasn't adjusted his game to the team, the team is trying to adjust to him to a certain extent, and it's not working. I think that's part of why Melo might be a little mad. It's not really "his" team anymore. But he's partially to blame for that as well. Anyway, I think the Mavs are killin' it, but I do think that if all of the pieces of the Denver Nuggets were playing to their full potential, yes, Dallas would have a hard time with them. However, since only about 2/3 of them are playing to about 3/4 of their potential, y'all got nothin' to worry bout.

Yeah, but I'm not talking about his credibility. I'm talking about delivery and being of interest. He talked really low and very slow. It didn't come off well at all when he was working for ESPN, hence the "not ready for time time" comment.

Ugh. Bill Walton makes me angry. I can't stand listening to him and he says the stupidest shit all the time. It's funny to a certain degree, but after about 5 minutes into the 1st qurter, it's no longer bearable for me.

And to GP - I don't believe those were my comments, and if they were, I may have been drunk or something. I would never agree that AI should be the #1 option on the Nuggets, because that is kinda what I feel is hurting them right now. AI hasn't adjusted his game to the team, the team is trying to adjust to him to a certain extent, and it's not working. I think that's part of why Melo might be a little mad. It's not really "his" team anymore. But he's partially to blame for that as well. Anyway, I think the Mavs are killin' it, but I do think that if all of the pieces of the Denver Nuggets were playing to their full potential, yes, Dallas would have a hard time with them. However, since only about 2/3 of them are playing to about 3/4 of their potential, y'all got nothin' to worry bout.

I believe those were your comments.

You also said that Denver's offense would be better than the Suns!

• Know who wasn't ready for prime time as a commentator?

Yeah, but I'm not talking about his credibility. I'm talking about delivery and being of interest. He talked really low and very slow. It didn't come off well at all when he was working for ESPN, hence the "not ready for time time" comment.

"I'm Mike Breen and this is Hubie Brown. The third member of our broadcast team will not be speaking, but is here to lend credibility. Hello, Scottie Pippen."

(pan to Pippen. Pippen nods.)

I believe those were your comments.

You also said that Denver's offense would be better than the Suns!

please link to specific post or tell me what page of the other thread cuz i can't remember saying that about ai being #1 option. maybe the denver at full strength thing, but that sounds more like a BATMON comment.

and in my defense, the excitement over the prospect of an iverson/anthony scoring duo was not coming solely from me, I was mad about it at first. i still want andre miller back!

• Wait....is G Balliando the same as "GB Diggs"? I thought it was some new cat......

Naw. That weren't GB I quoted. It was the one. The only. That dood. Knows more about sports than all of us combined and has the gambling winnings to prove it. The one who if he says "bet the farm" I'm taking out third, fourth mortgages. A man who once rocked Dirk Nowitzki as his avatar.

i think credibility is overrated... just cause scottie won rings does not make him a better analyst then joe schmo who has never 'laced them up' but offers great insight. Of course having a former player talk about things behind the scene that fans have no clue about is great but anybody can break down a game a player w/o having been an nba'er. thats just my two cents.

whats the over under on how many pages this'll be once the season is over and if we'll continue this when the playoffs arrive or how about the draft? im leaning towards 250!

Wait....is G Balliando the same as "GB Diggs"? I thought it was some new cat......

Naw. That weren't GB I quoted. It was the one. The only. That dood. Knows more about sports than all of us combined and has the gambling winnings to prove it. The one who if he says "bet the farm" I'm taking out third, fourth mortgages. A man who once rocked Dirk Nowitzki as his avatar.

edpowers?

oh and yeah, it's me. no other nugget fans present.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    anybody watchin this pistons cavs game? holy f*k!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yah dude, king james shoulda got that one

in related news:

AMARE JUST GOT EJECTED

AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

3 point contest
    bobacts, you are warned, sons

fuk an ejection and a delay of game
    fuk dat!!!!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    yah dude, king james shoulda got that one

alert:

i am not a witness. someone needs to tell sheed and chaunce to stop playing nba live.

THAAASSSS RIIIIGHT

FUK AN EJECTION
    SUNS GET IT DONE IN THA VALLEY!!!!

warriors up 19 with 6minutes left...

warriors up 19 with 6minutes left...

No carmelo though, forgot he was having a kid, wasn't gonna make it. Despite previous posts about his recent performance, they still can't win without him. I missed the game, but I take it Baron Davis was doin' alright last night. Was this his second game back?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Fire Rick Carlyle!!!!