Racist Kramer...

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    comparing the ACT of 9/11 to the WORDS of some washed up hack is a stretch......at best.

That's not what i'm doing ....but if you want to put words in my mouth and thoughts in my head go ahead if it makes you feel better ....

Funny how nobody has shit to say about racist being allowed to post here...

major on that

• Well that was my point earlier.
    Words, or rather thoughts, are perceived to be just as bad as any actions nowadays.
    It makes a "regular" beating or murder somehow worse and commands a harsher sentence as a result.

• Funny how nobody has shit to say about racist being allowed to post here...

major on that

So who is it that shouldn't be allowed to post here and why?
    Serious. I've been away for awhile.

major on that

So who is it that shouldn't be allowed to post here and why?
    Serious. I've been away for awhile.

I don't name names and its not about that person or them being banned .

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    comparing the ACT of 9/11 to the WORDS of some washed up hack is a stretch......at best.

That's not what i'm doing ....but if you want to put words in my mouth and thoughts in my head go ahead if it makes you feel better ....

major on that

I for one am against banning anyone unless they use this place to actually break the law, which I've also seen get a pass.

I look at sites like this as a reflection of real life, an on-line tavern or club of sorts where racism, homophobia, and many other human traits are a reality.

If some one posts racist thoughts and they get jumped on by a majority I view that the same as them getting their ass kicked at the neighborhood bar.(Sure, I know everyone would enjoy seeing a racist get a real life ass kicking vs. a verbal one)

If racism was a common theme, promoted and supported by the average Strutter, I'd find another bar to hang out in.

That being said, some one may view some of my opinions as being racist, I honestly don't know......but I hope not.

Some one might consider "You sound white" as offensive??

Plenty of folks reveal their stupidity here, some reveal other facets of their personality as well.....and some folks won't let those demons out unless they are behind closed door and outside an earshot of those they offend.

Those are the folks that bother me the most.

i'll just ask this.....If someone uses a racial slur in a derogatory manner on soulstrut should that person still be here ?

a simple yes or no

don't all answer at once

Some one might consider "You sound white" as offensive

maybe ...but i wish somebody would question it

i'll just ask this.....If someone uses a racial slur in a derogatory manner on soulstrut should that person still be here ?

a simple yes or no

don't all answer at once

If it was my house I'd ask them to refrain from ever doing it again, tell them why it offended me and ask for an apology.

Second time they would be on the street.

And I'd never invite them back to my home again.

This place isn't my house.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Richards Reaches Out To Civil Rights Leaders[/b]

Posted Nov 22nd 2006 1:29PM by Harvey Levin
    Filed under: Train Wrecks

TMZ has learned that Michael Richards is reaching out to civil rights leaders, asking for forgiveness.

Uber-publicist Howard Rubenstein, who was hired just today by the "Seinfeld" star, tells TMZ that Richards was on the phone today with Rev. Jesse Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton, apologizing for his racial rant last Friday at L.A.'s Laugh Factory -- a rant captured on video and first shown on TMZ.

Rubenstein says Richards has made other phone calls today as well, expressing regret for his comments. Rubenstein says, "He's appalled at what he did and wants to start the healing process." Rubenstein adds, "Whether it be an attack on any racial group -- disguised or posed as humor -- he acknowledges it's horrible and wrong and he will never do that again."

Rubenstein says the calls were received "positively." Sharpton, however, stated publicly that he did not buy Richards' apology on "Letterman."

(Source)

I did..I wasn't offended but wanted to know what was behind it......I asked if it was an insult or a lame joke.

Did you miss that thread??

I even asked if it was OK to say "someone sounded black"

Which we know as of today is OK Right??

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

a simple yes or no

don't all answer at once

Hi J*rm*l,

I think I know who your talking about here and if I remember the incident correctly he directed a slur at one individual that he felt treated him like shit. It was a bad move but not one that I feel is ban-worthy. Plenty of off color remarks (no pun intended) go on here very rarely do any of these even get a mention of getting someone banned.

Besides if we're thinking about the same person then he has contributed a massive amount of knowledge to this site for years. To have this one word end his posting on this site would probably be more of a disservice to soulstrut than benefit.

Do you really feel that occurance should of had him banned?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    wtf @ dude comparing 9/11 to Kramer's comments, the question was COMMENTS about 9/11 vs. COMMENTS by Kramer, and its a good point.

edited as i dont really have enough invested...

• i'll just ask this.....If someone uses a racial slur in a derogatory manner on soulstrut should that person still be here ?

a simple yes or no

don't all answer at once

Well, people seem to do it all the time here and they're still around.
    My opinion? Yes[/b], they should still be here.
    Like Rock said, I think a banning should be as a result of law breaking (which racisit words, as offensive as they are, are not) or a result of threats to do violence to another member .
    Sorry, but I've very adamant about my feelings towards "speech codes" and such and where that road leads.
    If a person here offends you, use the ignore feature.
    Or, you could actually engage said person on the boards.
    Which, is, if I'm not mistaken, the actual purpsoe of what it is we're doing here?

I did..I wasn't offended but wanted to know what was behind it......I asked if it was an insult or a lame joke.

Did you miss that thread??

I even asked if it was OK to say "someone sounded black"

Which we know as of today is OK Right??

yeah i saw that thread ..and the responses you were getting were hilarious

• ill bet kevin federline and o.j. simpson are happy

they were the two main media scapegoats all last week, until this "cosmo kramer" thing blew up - now the heat is off of them

Besides if we're thinking about the same person then he has contributed a massive amount of knowledge to this site for years. To have this one word end his posting on this site would probably be more of a disservice to soulstrut than benefit.

Wow dude ....i can't believe you just said that

You know what....i'm not for banning either ....but the fact that you dudes are still making excuses for dude is sickening ..He's a grown fuckin man...and to take it another step and say "well he told me about a couple records so its cool to let that slide" is sad and more sickening ...

It pretty much proves the point i made earlier ...Soulstrut just like the real world is full of hypocrites that really dont give a fuck about whats right only about what benefits them ...Its a pitiful double standard ...its ok to say "nigger" when you drop record knowledge but you'll get banned for a year if you say "i pay to post here" and annoy a few folks

Everybody wants to pretend like they have a problem with Richards but when your record homie calls somebody a nigger its all good

"cosmo kramer"

His name is Michael Richards ...He's a living,breathing human being....he's not a tv character ...and i wish you all would stop pretending Cosmo Kramer was on stage ...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Ed,

I total respect what your sayin'. And for the most part I agree with you.

Wasn't the thing with "I pay to post here" from the shit between dude and Raj. And that just pushed Raj over the top in his dealings with dude.

And you are right with the stuff that gets posted here. Alot gets a pass without anyone questioning it. But you know what? There is a bit of racist shit from many different backgrounds thrown around. There are huge amounts of sexist & homophopic shit too. Religion gets bashed or joked about. Political leanings get put down every day. 99.9% of it doesn't get a ban or talked about. Not that any of it adds up to the Richards bullshit. But has there really been anyone on here trying to justify it?

Like, I see dudes in other parts of the world, who have zero idea of what it's like here or anywhere outside their own world. They ask questions because they are curious. They say shit that others can't believe, because they don't understand. Most aren't trying to cause offence.

But in any case. I'm glad people are talking about this. 96 pager... Positive communication is the key.

Rock brings up the pub deal of the strut. Kinda wish it was. I'm buy most of you a drink.

Michael Richards gets the gas face...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

I'd venture to say that there's not very much for white people to have zero tolerance about. They hold all the cards and are the ruling class in America. Until that changes, there won't be any tragedy for them to lament.

I understand the notion of white privelege, but there is a difference between 'white people' and the ruling class who are white. This is a typical non-contemplative disposition. It's particuarly frightening in conjunction with anti-racism discourse, as it is envoking the same paradigm that it is critiquing.

• "cosmo kramer"

His name is Michael Richards ...He's a living,breathing human being....he's not a tv character ...and i wish you all would stop pretending Cosmo Kramer was on stage ...

This thread needs to be killed. Over. Out.

• Wow 32 pager!

Is this longest thread there has ever been on Soulstrut?

I forgot what this thread was about in the first place. I just want to see how long it will go.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "cosmo kramer"

This thread needs to be killed. Over. Out.

Fucking lame that me and his TV character share the same name.

Also, fuck that dude.

Also, fuck all racist ass dudes, from now until forever. Including this racist dude on Soulstrut. (got me interested in who it is though honestly.)

• Including this racist dude on Soulstrut. (got me interested in who it is though honestly.)

this is what i believe folks are talking about

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    sorry but there's not ONLY one racist mafockaz in here...A bit more than that. Statistically and realistically speaking, there's too much whites onboard to only focus on one dude and claim racism is behind this dude only. I saw so many racist remarks in here since the last three years, it's amazing. All these dudes asking about "why Black people can do this and not me","Why Fat Joe can say N**** and not me?", "Even J-Lo...". That was a funny strut moment right here.

PS : anybody that support The Bush administration is potentially racist. That hurts not only the Strut, but the real World. The christian crusade he intended is deliberately racist and openly discriminatory. Anyone supporting a crusade in 2006 is as worthy as Mel Gibson.

• You know I try to avoid these kind of posts but here goes:

Let's Be real.

Every whitey has ingrained racist tendencies and thoughts by viture of thier color and position in society.

Some people have these issues more than others, yet whitey is always carrying this shit, so please get off your high horse all you white ass soulstruters so concerned about calling out race.

You fuckers are so goddamn corny on this site when it comes to shit like this. 32 pages and I finally just had to chime in and remind you of something...

Soulstrut is the most sexist and homophobic shit evar.[/b] What the fuck are you people complaining about?

Whomever thinks there is a difference between racisim, sexism and homophobia you need to get your head out of your ass and get out "in the world".

It's not like I expect more of you people but come on all ready.

Happy Thanksgiving and Peace.

ap

• It's not like I expect more of you people but come on all ready.

ap

AP, I though you would like this, from Lao Tzu, the Tao Te-Ching:

To patch up great hatred is surely to leave some hatred behind,
    How can this be regarded as good?
    Therefore the sage keeps the left-hand portion (obligation) of a contract,
    And does not blame to other party. Virtuous people attend to their left-hand portions, While those without virtue attend to other people's mistakes.

• It pretty much proves the point i made earlier ...Soulstrut just like the real world is full of hypocrites that really dont give a fuck about whats right only about what benefits them ...Its a pitiful double standard ...its ok to say "nigger" when you drop record knowledge but you'll get banned for a year if you say "i pay to post here" and annoy a few folks

Everybody wants to pretend like they have a problem with Richards but when your record homie calls somebody a nigger its all good

Yea exactly... And when they talk violent about women, hatespeak fags, insult Jews, denengrate homos, spout political hate. Get real people... this corny ass double standard brings the site down, way down... to subhuman paleolithic man level.

• To patch up great hatred is surely to leave some hatred behind,
    How can this be regarded as good?
    Therefore the sage keeps the left-hand portion (obligation) of a contract,
    And does not blame to other party. Virtuous people attend to their left-hand portions, While those without virtue attend to other people's mistakes.

Thank you.

• "cosmo kramer"

His name is Michael Richards ...He's a living,breathing human being

...who hasn't done shit[/b] since he played "Cosmo Kramer"[/b] on the defunct NBC show Seinfeld...

....he's not a tv character ...and i wish you all would stop pretending Cosmo Kramer was on stage ...
    If he can call black folks "niggers" then I'm gonna call him any motherjuggin' name I want to.

"cosmo kramer" "cosmo kramer" "cosmo kramer" "cosmo kramer" "cosmo kramer"