Racist Kramer...

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    are rascist words really more offensive than misogy ??

I'm not a woman...i can't answer for women ....if i did i'd be a misogynist

So white people can't be offended by racism, no way no how?

I have no idea what you're talking about

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

I mean you can be offended by misoginy, even if you're a man. And men in general (not directed at you) could boycott stuff because they're misogynist, but rarely do. I might have misunderstood your point...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    So what could a "non-white" possibly say that would elicit that emotion??

The only thing whites have zero tolerance for is 9/11 ...There is no racial slur or other historical tragedy that draws genuine anger from all whites

I don't know. There must be white apologists who look for "root causes" or try to rationalize the actions of a Bin Laden.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

The only thing whites have zero tolerance for is 9/11 ...There is no racial slur or other historical tragedy that draws genuine anger from all whites

You sound black

I don't know. There must be white apologists who look for "root causes" or try to rationalize the actions of a Bin Laden.

you know what ...you're probably right ....i wont say "all"

I mean you can be offended by misoginy, even if you're a man. And men in general (not directed at you) could boycott stuff because they're misogynist, but rarely do. I might have misunderstood your point...

lemme ask you a question

Does this Graemlin offend you ?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Damn, this thread is still going strong.

So my band played a song at practice tonight in which our singer shouted:

"Michael Richards is a ni**er" repeatedly.

Should my band be banned?

You may think that's subversive.

It's not--it's just stupid.

You sound black

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
    The only thing whites have zero tolerance for is 9/11

I thought OJ took that title (?). He had Charles Grodin mad for like 3 years. lol.

No, but the idea of an "If I dit it" book did. Not saying I have an opinion on the actual case, though... The trial wasn't broadcasted in Sweden.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I'd venture to say that there's not very much for white people to have zero tolerance about. They hold all the cards and are the ruling class in America. Until that changes, there won't be any tragedy for them to lament.

The point i was trying to make was i've never been a victim of misogyny so i can't compare the experience to racism ...and it would be out of line if me or any other man attempted to ......

The point i was trying to make was i've never been a victim of misogyny so i can't compare the experience to racism ...and it would be out of line if me or any other man attempted to ......

I agree with that. Just saying that, on this board for instance, people are quick to react against racist statements (as they should be) whereas sexism might get a pass. And the board demographic seems to be mostly made up of white men, so it can't be all about what they/we have experienced personally.

No, but the idea of an "If I dit it" book did. Not saying I have an opinion on the actual case, though... The trial wasn't broadcasted in Sweden.

on this board for instance, people are quick to react against racist statements (as they should be) whereas sexism might get a pass.

Complete Bullshit

People have used the word Nigger in a derogatory manner on Soulstrut and they still post here ....sure everybody said how wrong it was but no action was taken... just like society,just like Richards ..people(white) talk about whats right but when the shit hits close to home its the same bullshit .."he's really a good guy....he just... " blah,blah,blah ....sound familiar to any of you ? ...You cant even say Jew around here without someones nipples catching fire ...but its cool for "the homie" to say nigger ?

More than one black strutter expressed concern about the O.J graemlin ....A very respectable case was made about how the graemlin was offensive, if not racist....and guess what ..the shit aint moved ....people actually got pissed that the suggestion was even made to remove the graemlin ...

I dont really care one way or another about either issue ...but the double standards and fake sympathy are the same here as it is when i walk outside

And please do not ban anybody or remove any graemlin now ...that would be really fake

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    and you dudes looking for skrewdriver records are kinda fucked up...

Why? Music is an artform. Art can be viewed from many perspectives, not just the one you identify with.

• dont really care one way or another about either issue ...but the double standards and fake sympathy are the same here as it is when i walk outside

Welcome to soulstrut.
    Where double standards and hypocrisy run thick on the daily.

And not for nothing, but that OJ graemlin (which I'm pretty sure I've used myself on at least one occasion) is first and foremost a slap to the Brown and the Goldman families regardless of anything else.
    Though merely being "offensive" has certainly never stopped anyone here before.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

I'd venture to say that there's not very much for white people to have zero tolerance about. They hold all the cards and are the ruling class in America. Until that changes, there won't be any tragedy for them to lament.

Being from Finland I'm of course very from the US/Canadian experience of being white, but this talk about "all whites" and "them" sounds kind of silly to me.

Being from Finland I'm of course very from the US/Canadian experience of being white.

So why do you feel it necessary to comment about what you think is "silly"?

just like the other dude admitted being disconnected from the O.J. trial but he still has an opinion on O.J.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

Because this is a message board where I'm allowed to do that?

• The only thing whites have zero tolerance for is 9/11 ...

Not true at all. I know plenty white, lefty assholes who believe we had this coming, and aside from a few dishwahers at Windows on the World, many appear to have very little sympathy for those who died, brushing most of them off as capitalist pigs who were part of the whole bourgeois, imperialist system which provoked this "rebellion"/"resistance" in the first place.

There is no racial slur or other historical tragedy that draws genuine anger from all whites

And you find this hard to believe?
    I think you'd be hard pressed to find any group of peoples who are unanimous in their condemnation for any single "historical tragedy".
    I mean that's just generalizing to the nth degree.
    Days after 9/11 I ran into a black man at my corner store who questioned why on earth he should feel bad for 'anyone who died in those towers?" Before I could answer "because they were innocent people", he blurted out, "none of them were black", or something to that effect.
    He was wrong obviously about no blacks dying that day.
    Was he wrong for what he "thought"?
    IMO people should be free to think, feel and yes, speak whatever it is they wish.
    Despite how horrible or disgusting we think that thought might be.
    It's when you actually act on that thought that everything changes.
    Which is why I think so-called "hate crimes" (read: thought crimes) are bullshit.
    But that's another topic altogether.

Because this is a message board where I'm allowed to do that?

of course you're allowed ...but you're admittedly disconnected.. so does your comment add any real perspective ? ....I don't know what's going on in Finland so i don't have the arrogance to offer my opinion on what's "silly"

Being from Finland I'm of course very from the US/Canadian experience of being white.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    My point was of course that these comments that supposedly speak for "all whites" are silly.

The only thing whites have zero tolerance for is 9/11 ...

Not true at all. I know plenty white, lefty assholes who believe we had this coming, and aside from a few dishwahers at Windows on the World, many appear to have very little sympathy for those who died, brushing most of them off as capitalist pigs who were part of the whole bourgeois, imperialist system which provoked this "rebellion"/"resistance" in the first place.

There is no racial slur or other historical tragedy that draws genuine anger from all whites

And you find this hard to believe?
    I think you'd be hard pressed to find any group of peoples who are unanimous in their condemnation for any single "historical tragedy".
    I mean that's just generalizing to the nth degree.
    Days after 9/11 I ran into a black man at my corner store who questioned why on earth he should feel bad for 'anyone who died in those towers?" Before I could answer "because they were innocent people", he blurted out, "none of them were black", or something to that effect.
    He was wrong obviously about no blacks dying that day.
    Was he wrong for what he "thought"?
    IMO people should be free to think, feel and yes, speak whatever it is they wish.
    Despite how horrible or disgusting we think that thought might be.
    It's when you actually act on that thought that everything changes.
    Which is why I think so-called "hate crimes" (read: thought crimes) are bullshit.
    But that's another topic altogether.

Again, i said i was incorrect for using the word "all" .....and i'm not at all saying 9/11 only affected whites,that would be insane ....The word Nigger doesn't offend all black people ...but just like 9/11 to most American whites ..its something that tends to draw the most heat

• Again, i said i was incorrect for using the word "all" .....and i'm not at all saying 9/11 only affected whites,that would be insane ....

I understand that. I merely mentioned that incident to underscore my feelings re: freedom of thought.

The word Nigger doesn't offend all black people ...but just like 9/11 to most American whites ..its something that tends to draw the most heat

As an act of mass murder on such a spectacular and horrifying scale, I would like to think that 9/11 would "offend" any human being with a working heart in their chest.

As an act of mass murder on such a spectacular and horrifying scale, I would like to think that 9/11 would "offend" any human being with a working heart in their chest.

As an act of mass murder on such a spectacular and horrifying scale, i would like to think blacks being "hung upside down with forks shoved up their asses" would "offend" any human being with a working heart in their chest

• As an act of mass murder on such a spectacular and horrifying scale, i would like to think blacks being "hung upside down with forks shoved up their asses" would "offend" any human being with a working heart in their chest

So one negates the other?
    Of course what Richards said was offensive to me.
    I wouldn't have started this thread otherwise.
    But you're always going to find assholes on both sides of the aisles who are more than willing to look the other way rather than do the right thing and unanimously condemn.
    Such is human nature. Unlike other shit in this world, whites do not have a monopoly here.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

As an act of mass murder on such a spectacular and horrifying scale, i would like to think blacks being "hung upside down with forks shoved up their asses" would "offend" any human being with a working heart in their chest

If Kramer dude had strung up the audience member and stuck a fork in his ass I would have been more horrified than simply hearing him say it.

Just like I'd be more horrified if I saw a rapper actually kill a cop vs. simply hearing him sing a song ABOUT killing a cop.

Make no mistake, all are offensive, but comparing the ACT of 9/11 to the WORDS of some washed up hack is a stretch......at best.