Bun B vs. Byron Crawford

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

And all of this talk of bandwagons and things that will be passe in a few years might bring dudes some comfort as they huddle in their private mindgardens longing for a return to the days of boom-bap, but it has zero basis in reality. It may be new to some of the people on SoulStrut, but it's not new to a lot of people in the real world. Project Blowed[/b] has been making quality music for a decade and a half--what the f**k else do you want?

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

And there you go. Personally, shit like this is alwaaaaays more entertaining than a bunch of hut huggers slapping each other on the ass and high-fiving over shit that will be passe in a few years. Is that a bandwagon I hear approaching? Hey fellas! Lets jump on!

SALTY!

How dare I be so rude?

at best.

At best.

And all of this talk of bandwagons and things that will be passe in a few years might bring dudes some comfort as they huddle in their private mindgardens longing for a return to the days of boom-bap, but it has zero basis in reality. It may be new to some of the people on SoulStrut, but it's not new to a lot of people in the real world. UGK has been making quality music for a decade and a half--what the f**k else do you want?

I don't really let geography affect my opinion of music. I'm not looking for a return to boom bap. I don't need to see NY re-emerge as the rap capital of the world. All I want to do is hear a good jam.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

And all of this talk of bandwagons and things that will be passe in a few years might bring dudes some comfort as they huddle in their private mindgardens longing for a return to the days of boom-bap, but it has zero basis in reality. It may be new to some of the people on SoulStrut, but it's not new to a lot of people in the real world. Project Blowed[/b] has been making quality music for a decade and a half--what the f**k else do you want?

can we please (for fucking once) NOT take it to aliens or fucking goodlife MC's.

I worry about you dog.

The post has a title that you can actually get with... show me some focus, and start a separate thread if really have to talk about your allegiance to the blowed dudes. yes homo.

I was tired of this shit 10 years ago.

And there you go. Personally, shit like this is alwaaaaays more entertaining than a bunch of hut huggers slapping each other on the ass and high-fiving over shit that will be passe in a few years. Is that a bandwagon I hear approaching? Hey fellas! Lets jump on!

SALTY!

How dare I be so rude?

at best.

Why is it tepid to not over-react to things? A record drops & people are all running to anoint it as the greatest album ever. Bandwagons circle here on a daily basis. Is that inaccuate?

Who's called T.I.'s record the greatest album ever?

Name names.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I don't really let geography affect my opinion of music. I'm not looking for a return to boom bap. I don't need to see NY re-emerge as the rap capital of the world. All I want to do is hear a good jam.

SALTY!

How dare I be so rude?

at best.

Why is it tepid to not over-react to things? A record drops & people are all running to anoint it as the greatest album ever. Bandwagons circle here on a daily basis. Is that inaccuate?

Who's called T.I.'s record the greatest album ever?

Name names.

Sorry, I was thinking more about the ghostface record. What album are we taking about here?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

can we please (for fucking once) NOT take it to aliens or fucking goodlife MC's.

I worry about you dog.

The post has a title that you can actually get with... show me some focus, and start a separate thread if really have to talk about your allegiance to the blowed dudes. yes homo.

I was tired of this shit 10 years ago.

It was a joke...lighten up.

• Why is it tepid to not over-react to things? A record drops & people are all running to anoint it as the greatest album ever. Bandwagons circle here on a daily basis. Is that inaccuate?

More like people discussing records they really enjoy. Totally out of place on SoulStrut!

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

i'm good, dog. I can just never tell when you're going to go off on one of your tirades like only you can do.

deuce out the troof.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

i'm good, dog. I can just never tell when you're going to go off on one of your tirades like only you can do.

deuce out the troof.

My only tirade today:

http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2006-04-07/music_phases8.html

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Ten years ago nobody cared, but alas, as I have been told, "tastes change".

However mine remain impeccible.

In DJ Anna's car (which is where I learn about new raps) I finally heard a dipset raps. I said "I thought these guys were from New York?" She affirmed that they are. It sounded pretty "southern" to me, with a simple 808 beat and a 1 note synth. Is this what New York rappings sounds like now? After all the hype of them being the second coming of christ, I have to admit I was a bit disappointed. Why would new yorkers try to sound all southern when there are already southerners doing that?

Why did Cee-lo make the best new song in years? It seems ironic that while people are doing half assed impersonations of half assed music, others that are actually FROM the south are stepping outside of the comfort zone and doing something truly amazing. With the obvious exception being Ghostface, who luckily knows better than to follow whatever "trend" happens to be "hot" and just sticks to being an individual instead. Cee-lo and ghost together would be amazing.

I could give a shit about what region or sound is "HOT". That shit is for follower boys and jabbernowls. I am only interested in creative music.

More like people discussing records they really enjoy. Totally out of place on SoulStrut!

I could get with that if there was a live & let live thing going happening on the board, but that's not soulstrut. My feeling is that if the board is going to be a shit fest, then I'm going to take a dump, too.

I could get with that if there was a live & let live thing going happening on the board, but that's not soulstrut. My feeling is that if the board is going to be a shit fest, then I'm going to take a dump, too.

WOO HOO!!!

Remember all the "ooh but if we all agreed then what fun would this place be???" and the "I'm allowed to have my own opinion" and "not everybody likes what you like" shit? Fuck Yeah! LETS DISCUSS! LETS FIGHT, BITCHES!

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

This seems like as good a place as any.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

You guys lost me

If the entire spectrum of music being released today does not offer you a SINGLE "good jam" than I am absolutely confident NO new music is going to make you happy... so quit whining already

You guys lost me

If the entire spectrum of music being released today does not offer you a SINGLE "good jam" than I am absolutely confident NO new music is going to make you happy... so quit whining already

HAVEN'T YOU HEARD "CRAZY" YET?!?!?!?!? THATS THAT JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys lost me

Who's whining? There are many great songs to be had out there. Dismissing them because of where you're situated on the mason/dixon line doesn't make any sense.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

You guys lost me

fiyahhh

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    This blogger guy (the fuck is blogging anyway, whatever happened to straight up journalism?) reminds me all too much of a guy who skated the line of getting his ass beat in my town. this kid thought he was a fuckin' big time bigmouth and starts mouthing off at people on the internet, dissing crews, dissing whole GRAFF crews, not just music (mind you this is another one of those 'i found out about graffiti last year and think i can speak on it' motherfuckers), and all these other people like he got the place to say some shit. first he got put in his place several times, then he got his life threatened a few times, then he got banned from the website he kept talking shit on. dude would even go so far as to find out little bits of personal information about people and exploit it to try and make them look bad and then call them faggot and pussy and bitch and i'ma cut your throat and all this shit (skinny little white dude prob never been in a fight, and has no friends or crew). now somebody i know has his home address and full name and all that shit and is waiting for him to slip one more time and get his shit run up on. and that's just in my little city. this Byron guy's a lot more popular and with the shit he says i'm surprised HE hasn't got run up on yet. I bet it will happen. That would be some funny shit. Maybe cam'ron can put it on DVD.

• And there you go. Personally, shit like this is alwaaaaays more entertaining than a bunch of hut huggers slapping each other on the ass and high-fiving over shit that will be passe in a few years. Is that a bandwagon I hear approaching? Hey fellas! Lets jump on!

SALTY!

How dare I be so rude?

at best.

At best.

And all of this talk of bandwagons and things that will be passe in a few years might bring dudes some comfort as they huddle in their private mindgardens longing for a return to the days of boom-bap, but it has zero basis in reality. It may be new to some of the people on SoulStrut, but it's not new to a lot of people in the real world. UGK has been making quality music for a decade and a half--what the f**k else do you want?

Hommy:

Not trying to deny Bun's skills, but dude is irrelevant out here. Seriously....The same was/is happening to 40 and short in places like New York.

(i'm talking about outside of the blogosphere)

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Jesus, are people still getting pissed about southern rap? I think its time yall need to let it go.

I enjoyed that sickamore blog, Jeezy is the KONY!

• Jesus, are people still getting pissed about southern rap? I think its time yall need to let it go.

please to explain your avatar

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Jesus, are people still getting pissed about southern rap? I think its time yall need to let it go.

WHERE DA GOLD AT

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

SALTY!

How dare I be so rude?

at best.

At best.

Hommy:

Not trying to deny Bun's skills, but dude is irrelevant out here. Seriously....The same was/is happening to 40 and short in places like New York.

Dude... 40 getting no play on NY radio didn't make him irrelevant. You're whole "it's not poppin' in the Bay" attitude is tres little dude.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

SALTY!

How dare I be so rude?

at best.

At best.

Hommy:

Dude... 40 getting no play on NY radio didn't make him irrelevant. You're whole "it's not poppin' in the Bay" attitude is tres little dude.

he has a point though. If his area ain't feeling it how is he possibly going to go along with all the people speaking from regions where your more likely to hear about Bun B or UGK.

The funny thing in this is dudes are getting mad over a term that holds no real meaning. Legend? c'mon man, weren't some of you dudes who are getting mad at folks for not recognizing Bun's legendary stuatus clowning others for talking about Aceyalones legendary status?

people on here take themselves too seriously sometimes.

SALTY!

How dare I be so rude?

at best.

At best.

Hommy:

he has a point though. If his area ain't feeling it how is he possibly going to go along with all the people speaking from regions where your more likely to hear about Bun B or UGK.

No he doesn't. We live in the 21st Century, in which sources of information other than immediate personal experience are available to us.

• And there you go. Personally, shit like this is alwaaaaays more entertaining than a bunch of hut huggers slapping each other on the ass and high-fiving over shit that will be passe in a few years. Is that a bandwagon I hear approaching? Hey fellas! Lets jump on!

SALTY!

How dare I be so rude?

at best.

At best.

Hommy:

I think you guys are throwing the term legend around too freely. A legend in certain circles, definetly, but not across the Hip-Hop "spectrum".

SALTY!

How dare I be so rude?

at best.

At best.

Hommy:

I think you guys are throwing the term legend around too freely. A legend in certain circles, definetly, but not across the Hip-Hop "spectrum".

No, that compromise isn't doing it.

He's a hip-hop legend. Period.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

WHERE DA GOLD AT

obscure reference to hilarious local news piece from mobile alabama that blew up the internet about a week ago.