Is Project Blowed crap? Discuss!

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Noz and cashless are killing it.

-e

Noz is your clueless loft buddy and cashless is a psychopath.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

There is certainly nothing about DPG-era Kurupt that screams Project Blowed.

That's only because you know next to nothing about what PB actually is. That whole freestyle orientation of both Kurupt AND Snoop was not just a generalized LA thing...but something that had been cemented by the Good Life...a place that Kurupt was known to frequent.

The separation that y'all want to wedge between the plentiful g-rappers who attended the Good Life and the g-funk that was dominating the rap world based out of LA is a farce.

For No Reason and Six Tray by PEACE on the first 2 Fellowship albums are as gangsta as anything anywhere...yet y'all want to portray them as white-feeding granola rappers only. Y'all couldn't be more wrong...and it's disgusting that y'all insist on reveling in being so wrong.

Now Project Blowed gets credit for Snoop's career, too?

Their "influence" is like a fungus, the way it continues to grow...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

So far we've talked about Australia, Houston, The Bay, Atlanta, Philly, "Blackness" as it realates to peoples enjoyment of music, & Dr. Dre, Bushwick Bill, & assorted Dogg Pound members.

This has led me to conclude that the Blowed's sphere of influence is indeed huge.

They run schitt. Deal with it.

loft buddy

This is some sort of homophobic slur?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    y'all are portraying their fanbase as white granola-bar eating, barefoot, backpack wearing, patchouli smelling, candy ravers only. Y'all couldn't be more correct...

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    cashless is a psychopath.

hahah.

here i am wasting my time reading this shit, thinking it was about a marginally successful rap crew from over 10 years ago.

come to find out.. it's a very popular west coast roller blading crew.

i feel silly now.

There is certainly nothing about DPG-era Kurupt that screams Project Blowed.

That's only because you know next to nothing about what PB actually is. That whole freestyle orientation of both Kurupt AND Snoop was not just a generalized LA thing...but something that had been cemented by the Good Life...a place that Kurupt was known to frequent.

The separation that y'all want to wedge between the plentiful g-rappers who attended the Good Life and the g-funk that was dominating the rap world based out of LA is a farce.

For No Reason and Six Tray by PEACE on the first 2 Fellowship albums are as gangsta as anything anywhere...yet y'all want to portray them as white-feeding granola rappers only. Y'all couldn't be more wrong...and it's disgusting that y'all insist on reveling in being so wrong.

Now Project Blowed gets credit for Snoop's career, too?

Their "influence" is like a fungus, the way it continues to grow...

Naw, by perception it's been shrinking. Everyone in LA back then knew how crucial the Good Life was in shaping its city's musical output. It's revisionist history for y'all...none of whom seemingly came anywhere within 1,000 miles of LA during this time in question...to deny the real-life connectivity between the Good Life and g-rap.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    You know, I don't think anybody is arguing that PB doesn't make music that is deeply influence by "black aesthetic(s)." We are simply arguing that the reality of the situation is that mostly white folks are into them. Even if the line of influence between PB and all the other non-east-coast-rap that East Coasters are currently carpet bagging was drawn in a fat black magic marker, that doesn't mean that PB's music in particular is in fact appreciated "black folks."

Your argument is basically saying that theoretically PB stuff should be liked by folks who like Bay rap and Houston rap (i.e black folks). Fine, theoretically speaking maybe you can make that argument. But, that don't mean that's the mothereffin' reality of the situation.

(Now here's where you blame carpet bagging web journalists and east-coast bias for ruining everyone's ability to like PB)

-e

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

hahah.

here i am wasting my time reading this shit, thinking it was about a marginally successful rap crew from over 10 years ago.

come to find out.. it's a very popular west coast roller blading crew.

i feel silly now.

DOG!!!!

they got their own in-line skating wheel. and all this time i thought hacky sack was the preferred sport of blowdians.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    and all this time i thought hacky sack was the preferred sport of blowdians.

revisionist. it's always been about the street. and carving, broseph.

I'm honored. Seriously.

Archaic, if you possess anything resembling a sense of humor, you will make this your avatar.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

D****l, if you possess anything resembling a sense of humor, you will make this your avatar.

You know, I don't think anybody is arguing that PB doesn't make music that is deeply influence by "black aesthetic(s)." We are simply arguing that the reality of the situation is that mostly white folks are into them. Even if the line of influence between PB and all the other non-east-coast-rap that East Coasters are currently carpet bagging was drawn in a fat black magic marker, that doesn't mean that PB's music in particular is in fact appreciated "black folks."

Your argument is basically saying that theoretically PB stuff should be liked by folks who like Bay rap and Houston rap (i.e black folks). Fine, theoretically speaking maybe you can make that argument. But, that don't mean that's the mothereffin' reality of the situation.

(Now here's where you blame carpet bagging web journalists and east-coast bias for ruining everyone's ability to like PB)

-e

My complaint is not that y'all don't like PB music. It's that y'all back it up by making ridiculously inaccurate claims that only show that y'all don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about. Unnamed PB dude gets out from years in county lock-up for armed robbery and commences to spit a rap about blasting cops and y'all subsequently label him a granola rapper for it. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever, even if it was Laura Bush who was the only one to ever buy his cd.

i'm not really reading this thread so i don't know where it's at or what the arguments are.

however, i would rather talk music with someone who likes pb (even if they're a hackeysackplayinmuthafucka), then some ignorant muhfucka who thinks they're down with the streets coz they pretened to like everything thats "hot" these days...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    point blank.

ALL of their beats are shitty.

ridiculously inaccurate claims

i'm not really reading this thread so i don't know where it's at or what the arguments are.

however, i would rather talk music with someone who likes pb (even if they're a hackeysackplayinmuthafucka), then some ignorant muhfucka who thinks they're down with the streets coz they pretened to like everything thats "hot" these days...

How about someone that feigns to know shit about music because what they listen to isn't on the radio?

D****l, if you possess anything resembling a sense of humor, you will make this your avatar.

It wasn't a loop. It was a stud... you know, like 'Pac.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    It wasn't a loop. It was a stud... you know, like S>'Pac/S> PEACE.

When I say they'd fit, it's the beats I'm talking about. Recent tracks like CVE's Bobblehead and/or Hip Hop Kclan's Sounds Like would work just fine.

Post an mp3 or you're as soft as retirement home food.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    It was a stud... you know, like 'Pac's[/b].

Trust me on this one, dunny.

Thank you... dudes are really slipping.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

i'm confused clueless.

i'm confused clueless.

"A stud like 'Pac" = calamitous level of AYO

When I say they'd fit, it's the beats I'm talking about. Recent tracks like CVE's Bobblehead and/or Hip Hop Kclan's Sounds Like would work just fine.

Sounds Like can be accessed on this page:

http://www.emusic.com/album/10878/10878920.html

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    haha ok now i get it.

ayo dude!

Sounds Like can be accessed on this page:

http://www.emusic.com/album/10878/10878920.html

Can someone (Archaic) yousend this track?

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    what "club" would this work at, again?

you are proving my point for me by posting this.

• To hatt on PB & The Good Life is to ignore "local black experience". Deal with it.