Is Project Blowed crap? Discuss!

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    my 0.02...

No BLACK people like Project Bored at all.

It's funny you think that, because white people were not welcome at the Good Life

What's even funnier is that "white people were not welcome at the Good Life" is supposed to somehow affect our opinion positively of these guys and their music.

No it's not. I just try to point out the stupidity of the post above.

There are probably a hundred MCs more or less affiliated to Project Blowed and the Good Life. Some of them chop, some of them don't. Some rhyme over drum&bass, some over jazz. Some of them make music for a living, other just do it for fun. Some made 10 albums, some never went to a professional studio...

How can anyone have a global opinion on them ?

Better question...how could anyone be rooting AGAINST them?

I think you have yourself to blame for an awful lot of the "rooting AGAINST" Project Blowed that occurs in the online world.

A year or two ago I viewed them as an insignificant and pretentious footnote to rap history; thanks to your efforts, I now view them as a particulary entertaining punching bag.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    "Black aesthetic"

Laffy Taffy?

I take it that you don't actually hang around many Black people.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

i'm acctually curious about this ...but that cover is straight corn.

• "Black aesthetic"

Laffy Taffy?

I take it that you don't actually hang around many Black people.

wait, you mean you guys aren't black?!?!

my 0.02...

It's funny you think that, because white people were not welcome at the Good Life

What's even funnier is that "white people were not welcome at the Good Life" is supposed to somehow affect our opinion positively of these guys and their music.

There are probably a hundred MCs more or less affiliated to Project Blowed and the Good Life. Some of them chop, some of them don't. Some rhyme over drum&bass, some over jazz. Some of them make music for a living, other just do it for fun. Some made 10 albums, some never went to a professional studio...

Better question...how could anyone be rooting AGAINST them?

Who's against them? Not me, I think they suck nowadays, but I'm glad they're not out on the street or some shit like that. I ain't that dude. You got me fucked up.

I've already confessed here to have actually like these dudes back in the day. The way you talk, you would think I have a personal vendetta against these cats.

They just don't make good shit to me.

• Apart from the obvious fact that Bones Thugs came waaaaay after made vastly superior music.

Ouch...another sign of someone trying way too hard to be something they abviously aren't.

What, exactly, do you think I'm trying--yet failing--to be 'Shied?

A BTNH fan?

Just tell me, how is this:

Different from this:

???

ROFL!

Dude I just spitted-out my lunch. My new co-workers think I'mma kook.

my 2 Cents

P.S.[reality check] There's no difference between both groups,except maybe those dudes on the bottom are more physically active (AY YO) and surf on different websites [/reality check].

I think those blowed dudes, at one point, made some really dope music, but it definetly lost it's "appeal" when a lot of other members where putting out low-quality wack shit.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Who's against them? Not me, I think they suck nowadays, but I'm glad they're not out on the street or some shit like that. I ain't that dude. You got me fucked up.

if you're not with the blowed you're against the blowed

I've already confessed here to have actually like these dudes back in the day. The way you talk, you would think I have a personal vendetta against these cats.

They just don't make good shit to me.

Stop stating your opinion spreading malicious hipster internet propaganda!

I think those blowed dudes, at one point, made some really dope music, but it definetly lost it's "appeal" when a lot of other members where putting out low-quality wack shit.

can I get an amen?!

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Blowed dropped some classics, and at the same time dropped some terds. I happen to like the old blowed catalog so sue me. You can't even front on Innercity Griots and All Balls Don't Bounce.........hatters need to recognize.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Not me, I think they suck nowadays, but I'm glad they're not out on the street or some shit like that...
    Please, tell me you are kidding ?

I think you really don't know who you are talking about.

• cashless:

What if you're black and don't like Laffy Taffy?

How is my opinion releveant, since I'm Latino, to Blowed? I need to know before I go any further in my musical tastes. Should I just stick to Latin records and jump-on the Reggaeton bandwagon? MAKE MY '06 COUNT!

Blowed dropped some classics, and at the same time dropped some terds. I happen to like the old blowed catalog so sue me. You can't even front on Innercity Griots and All Balls Don't Bounce.........hatters need to recognize.

Oh, but I can... those record are "okay" to me; they are not "classics" and I really don't think that they have aged very well.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    In Archaic's world, saying "I think they suck nowadays" outloud (i.e. on the internet) is the sole reason that nobody likes Project Blowed anymore (because every prior Project Blowed listener is also very easily convinced by carpet bagging journalism). Thus you're rooting against them any and everytime you dislike anything that they do or even voice a mild criticism.

The reality of the situation for FF and all the interesting dudes is that you can only be "ahead of your time" for so long. It happens to everyone. Archaic's too much of a fanboy to see that the times have caught up to these dudes.

-e

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

A year or two ago I viewed them as an insignificant and pretentious footnote to rap history; thanks to your efforts, I now view them as a particulary entertaining punching bag.

Who are you punching exactly?

I see little dudes who have neither heard but 2% of the material they speak on nor have ever stepped into the realm of the actual people who comprise Project Blowed trying every underhanded trick in the book to fuck up the reputation of a successful black-owned business.

Again, without the internet to hide behind, some of y'all would get your asses handed to you for pulling this same shit in the real world.

Fine, you don't think that PB has influenced anyone but hacky-sackers.

But what is the point of stooping so low in an attempt to bash them into non-existence?

OK, now the hate has officially reached an idiotic state.

1. Plenty of black people like Busdriver and Jurassic 5, let alone Big Arch and tha Badstads.

2. How is music, and we can look at the most jazzy of Project Blowed recordings for this purpose, influenced by bebeop and old school hip-hop not of a black aesthetic? Are you saying that Billy Higgins and Horace Tapscott weren't black enough for you? Are you biased against West Coast black in general who are known to speak with more of a Vally accent?

3. Does a black man, Ben Caldwell, opening a community outreach center, that caters to almost all blacks in the center of black LA really rub you the wrong way like that?

1. Qualify plenty. Plenty of folk (likely more than those that like these artists), of any race, have A. Never heard of these cats or B. heard them and thought they were shit.

2. I agree with that. But lets look at what kind of ratio we're actually talking about. Fucking PB&J has put out VOLUMES of music, hit or miss, MOSTLY miss. Mostly pure trash. They do have SOME (very little) shit thats highly jazz bebop influenced. Just look at Mikah9's work... Wait.. don't look at him, he's dropping terd after terd nowdays.

3. You're too much of a fanboy.

Among your main problems is the fact that you equate light-hearted clowning with...

...trying every underhanded trick in the book to fuck up the reputation of a successful black-owned business

• say what you will about project blowed, but how DARE you knock hackey sack! id like to see faux_rillz do a knee to around the world stall on the sole of his shoe. that's what i thought.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

But what is the point of stooping so low in an attempt to bash them into non-existence?

Honestly?

Because it's really fun to piss you off.

I mean, dude, this whole thread was started solely to get you to respond and to get all riled up. And you fell right into it and now we're all having fun while you're getting all poopy pants thinking we want to destroy west coast owned black businesses.

That shit's fucking comedy dude.

-e

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    my 0.02...

I guess in that 100 more or less, there's great ones and terrible ones (even die-hard fanboy Archaic doesn't like Bus driver)...

If that's so, then how can anyone have an opinion on them as a crew AT ALL?!

The only guy I know who likes Bus Driver is a black guy who toured Europe with Roy Ayers a while ago.

cashless:

How is my opinion releveant, since I'm Latino, to Blowed? I need to know before I go any further in my musical tastes. Should I just stick to Latin records and jump-on the Reggaeton bandwagon? MAKE MY '06 COUNT!

Like or dislike whatever you want (except reggaeton. Hate all day!). My opinion isn't any more or less valid than mine or Archaic's.

I think the main point of me saying no (meaning few) Black people like Project Blowed (even after hearing them. It's just a fact, hate it or love it.) was to contrast against Archaic's inference that they are the Blackest, truest, street"est" gangsterizers ever to make a record.

cashless:

Like or dislike whatever you want (except reggaeton. Hate all day!). My opinion isn't any more or less valid than mine or Archaic's.

I think the main point of me saying no (meaning few) Black people like Project Blowed (even after hearing them. It's just a fact, hate it or love it.) was to contrast against Archaic's inference that they are the Blackest, truest, street"est" gangsterizers ever to make a record.

A black-owned business fails with each word you type...

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

A west-coast[/b] black-owned business fails with each word you type...

my 0.02...

I guess in that 100 more or less, there's great ones and terrible ones (even die-hard fanboy Archaic doesn't like Bus driver)...

The only guy I know who likes Bus Driver is a black guy who toured Europe with Roy Ayers a while ago.

so just one guy huh? Black you say?

there goes my theory...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    [Plenty of black people like Busdriver

Not true.

Nobody but noz likes that guy. He has a one person fanbase.

You don't even like him.

Careful, Faux

Our friend T***k**s is a fan (!)

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    In Archaic's world, saying "I think they suck nowadays" outloud (i.e. on the internet) is the sole reason that nobody likes Project Blowed anymore (because every prior Project Blowed listener is also very easily convinced by carpet bagging journalism). Thus you're rooting against them any and everytime you dislike anything that they do or even voice a mild criticism.

The reality of the situation for FF and all the interesting dudes is that you can only be "ahead of your time" for so long. It happens to everyone. Archaic's too much of a fanboy to see that the times have caught up to these dudes.

-e

Maintaining a majority-black weekly open mic night tied to a community outreach center in South Central despite all of the best efforts of LAPD's riot squad is the epitome of ahead-of-its-time.

Plus those of you who jock Houston/Atlanta/Memphis/Bay rap yet continue to overlook CVE as distinctly ahead-of-their-time come across as hypocrites to me.

cashless:

A black-owned business fails with each word you type...

I'm all graemlins from now on.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    my 0.02...

so just one guy huh? Black you say?

there goes my theory...

I know. The only one! And what's funny is he gave Busdriver a lift to his own show!

• My opinion isn't any more or less valid than mine

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Plus those of you who jock Houston/Atlanta/Memphis/Bay rap yet continue to overlook CVE as distinctly ahead-of-their-time come across as hypocrites to me.

maybe it's because CVE has no connection to any of those scenes.

-e

Maintaining a majority-black weekly open mic night tied to a community outreach center in South Central despite all of the best efforts of LAPD's riot squad is the epitome of ahead-of-its-time.

We're not trying to overlook CVE, just trying to destroy West coast based Black owned businesses.

There goes 16 right there...

add another five..

three more..

two.