Is Project Blowed crap? Discuss!

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Yes. Absolute crap! But plaese be careful who you say that to because they might have a gun in their backpack!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    are The Nonce considered Project Blowed?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• My question is this. How are you aware of the music choices of goofy, hacky sac playin', college kids? You must have your ear to the street, homie.

I hope not cause I actually liked their first LP when it was released back when. If they are part of that whole project blowed thing, they were the exception cause those dudes were pretty good.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

My question is this. How are you aware of the music choices of goofy, hacky sac playin', college kids?

I went to college.

My question is this. How are you aware of the music choices of goofy, hacky sac playin', college kids?

I went to college.

Zing!

• My question is this. How are you aware of the music choices of goofy, hacky sac playin', college kids?

I went to college.

So you were checkin'? Hmmm.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Backpacking: The Ski Mask Way [/b]

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I've never actually heard a project blowed rackord. can somebody recommend me one so that I can join in the fun?

• Eh, I'll bite. Never understood the joke, or maybe the joke's on me for diggin' some of the old Project Blowed material...but anyway...

Dis one?

Definitely one of my favorite HH records of the 90s.

• faux wont rest till he's rid the world of Project Blowed.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    No Micah 9??!

I loved TIMELINE...

Start saving your allowance, G**y.

Start saving your allowance, G**y.

Allowance... yeah... maybe somebody could just hum a few bars from each album and I'll decide from that....

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

one of my all time favorites. even in a thread intended to rile up that dude archaic, i can't front on this record. its a great record from start to finish.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

one of my all time favorites. even in a thread intended to rile up that dude archaic, i can't front on this record. its a great record from start to finish.

That shit sounds like a Bone Thugs N Harmony vs Free Jazz record!!!

• I love the Freestyle Fellowship/Aceyalone arm of the Project Blowed collective.

But, Abstract Rude/Abstract Tribe Unique is god awful. File under: Tepid Turds. Unlistenable. I'll never forget the look on my friend's face the first time he listened to "Mood Pieces". Like someone took a dump on his turntable. I'm laughing just thinking about it...He ended up just leaving the record at someone's house.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Project Blowed is dope & doesn't get enough respect - Medusa kills it live. Acey, FF, Nonce have put out solid albums that have aged well. These dicussions never include enough MP3's. The debates are all well & good, but the proof is in the music.

Project Blowed = Longest running open mic event in the entire history of hip-hop.

Actually I did hear that hot potato song a few times while I was driving through the desert. or is it dessert? either way, I was driving through the one with sand, and that song played a few times beleive it or not. and i thought "well, this is fun!"

Hot Potato = modern b-boy classic.

Pistolgrip Pump = black fraternity party classic.

So faux, how many of the 25 albums that I listed have you actually heard?

• Did you say you liked Dipshit, sorry Dipset?

Intelligence is a sin on the Strut.
    I'm not even going to bother with this one...

Okay maybe just a little bit.

I'm so sorry to bust your bubble, but Aceyalone is fucking king.
    Runs rings around a zillion emcees.
    The new Magnificent City LP with RJD2 (yeah yeah, I can hear you tight panty wearing sniggerers in the background) is already one of my picks of 2006.

Abstract Rude, ATU, some of the others aren't my cup of tea, but FF were incredible.

VOLUME 10 was dope & you know it....

So faux, how many of the 25 albums that I listed have you actually heard?

The first six (actually, I've never heard the full Volume 10 album--just "Pistolgrip Pump")