NBA 2005-2006... WHAT IT DO, BATCHES

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    it's no coincidence that drama follows Shaq everywhere he goes......yet "it was Penny's fault","it was Kobe's fault","Brian Hill's fault","Buss' fault","eddie jones fault","Van Exel's fault","Rambis' Fault","Del Harris' fault"now "Van Gundy's fault"

Him and Riley had this planned for a while....they both blamed Van Gundy for last year....dude came in fat this year....he took his time AGAIN coming back from an injury....and Riley gave Van Gundy a team he knew he couldn't win with.....and i guess it's just another coincidence when Shaq returns Van Gundy leaves.....that dude is a cancer but because he's the definition of "media darling" he gets away with murder....mark my words Wade will be blamed the next time there's trouble in paradise

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Interesting shit powers,

Yeah Stan made that team when they we're a young bunch. I remeber seeing all those trades and wondering about the teams burgeoning players and you see what happened.

Sometimes forcing things works for the worse... Its a shame for coach hope he'll find a good home. Thought Riley was wiser.

Stability in the NBA is

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I just cuaght sportscenter Good to see pacers hating on artest what a bastid

Saw some laker-dallas highlights. All kobe hogging getting rejected I was loving it.

Final seconds loses the ball, throws up a horribly forced prayer.......

Jesus you damn clutch master straight swish

2ct: the league is a mess, clips improving is about the only thing going well, down for suns too. Teams with less issues seem to weather the storm (sort of san antonio`s calling card)

• Jesus you damn clutch master straight swish

Shit yeah. That sucked. Props Lakers.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I just noticed a lot of his clutch shots have come from that spot

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    you ever notice none of his last second prayer shots are too far off the mark???! BOOYA! HATERS.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I recognize his skills and hate his team. No doubt man just like i cant front on these

Nice graemlin phrase

But notice his decision making in dying seconds and on court attitude aren`t always a good look.

MJ was known to be kobeesque in his hogging and demanding but his exprience backed it up. Kobe is great and was a relentless trainer (watching tapes, practicing) ala Jordan but his attitude in regards to the team and his turn overs suck

Incredible player
    But i gots nathan but hatt for the lakers

what you say is mostly true. I CAN DEAL WITH THAT!

AND YES, i loved what Kwame was doing yesterday. In fact, i actually like this year's Lakers all of a sudden! 4-2 on the road trip so far?? i'll take that. Kwame can really be developed into a force, if he's trained right, and gains more confidence and motivation on the court. He had some REALLY clean moves yesterday, like facing up to the defender off his pivot, putting the ball down to his left, spinning and finishing. i was kinda impressed. He's also now got the "1st Annual Kwame Brown Toy Drive" in effect. you can't be mad at that!

Now if Sasha keeps penetrating and dishing, and Smush keeps attacking the rim, and Lamar utilizing mismatches (which he's actually good at), then the Lakers MAY in fact be above 500 by the end of the season. Kwame keep doing your thing too.

oh, and please don't fall asleep on defense.

who else saw that reverse layup? go to NBA.com immediately and check the "NBATV TOP 10". gotta be one of the illest reverse layups i've seen in a while.

paraphrasing firmeRola, damn man, i swear i saw you hanging from his balls when he went up for a dunk.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Will Lebron be another scorer who doesnt make his team better?
    Approx 70% of his shots are unassisted, which means the team is watching him.
    Cav fans stand up.

Will Lebron be another scorer who doesnt make his team better?
    Approx 70% of his shots are unassisted, which means the team is watching him.
    Cav fans stand up.

Lebron is crazy nice. enough said. i don't know where you magically got that stat, but Lebron can create his shots and make 'em. that's why he chooses to do so.

Kobe with 62 tonight in 3 quarters. PHIL, LET HIM PLAY ONE MORE.

Fools talk about "making your teammates better" all the time. It doesn't come all that much better than Lebron or Kobe. and if you expect them to take it to another level (which to me means, making their respective teams championship-caliber) it ain't gonna happen.

Fools talk about "making your teammates better" all the time. It doesn't come all that much better than Lebron or Kobe. and if you expect them to take it to another level (which to me means, making their respective teams championship-caliber) it ain't gonna happen.

So all you'll have is a high scoring losers. WTF. Kobe has three rings already, so I could care less about his relevance to the Lakers. Lebron next "level" is DEFENSE, period. Intangibles,dog,intangibles.

So all you'll have is a high scoring losers. WTF. Kobe has three rings already, so I could care less about his relevance to the Lakers. Lebron next "level" is DEFENSE, period. Intangibles,dog,intangibles.

dude, your thoughts are totally incoherent. i thought you were talking about offense? in which case, look at what Lebron is contributing to the Cleveland "who?" Cavaliers. He takes shots, cuz he makes shots. He's shooting 50% and dishing 5 assists a game. Cliche, but his court vision is one of the best in the game. How can you knock that?

dude, your thoughts are totally incoherent. i thought you were talking about offense? in which case, look at what Lebron is contributing to the Cleveland "who?" Cavaliers. He takes shots, cuz he makes shots. He's shooting 50% and dishing 5 assists a game. Cliche, but his court vision is one of the best in the game. How can you knock that?

You catch the Cavs/Bulls Game last night? What's wrong with Larry Hughes? The Cavs dont show me shit.
    Lebron can score(no question) but the rest of that team iz .

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

You catch the Cavs/Bulls Game last night? What's wrong with Larry Hughes? The Cavs dont show me shit.

As fugly as the Cavs were, the Bulls were even worse. They had a nice lead but squandered that shit in the fourth quarter, just like they did a few games ago against, I think, Miami. The Bulls just need more firepower. We have no inside game whatsoever.

As fugly as the Cavs were, the Bulls were even worse. They had a nice lead but squandered that shit in the fourth quarter, just like they did a few games ago against, I think, Miami. The Bulls just need more firepower. We have no inside game whatsoever.

The Bulls looked decent in the 2nd and 3rd quarters but the Cavs pulled away in the 4th.
    The Bulls interior iz kinda weak. Nocioni looked good,Sweetney showed some stuff,but Tyson Chandler has got to rescue his game.WTF.
    Henrich and Gordon are above average guards. The upside is high. Dont worry.

• i'll be worried about the bulls in 2 years after this next free agent period is over and they receive the 2 picks from the knicks debacle.

larry hughes has played a few really solid games, but it doesn't look like he really cares much out there. last nights game was complicated further by the fact that his brother was having problems back in st. louis. larry wasn't even supposed to play.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

The Bulls looked decent in the 2nd and 3rd quarters but the Cavs pulled away in the 4th.
    The Bulls interior iz kinda weak. Nocioni looked good,Sweetney showed some stuff,but Tyson Chandler has got to rescue his game.WTF.
    Henrich and Gordon are above average guards. The upside is high. Dont worry.

I'm not sweating it. I love most of the Bulls. And they're really fun to watch. They work so hard and win games that they shouldn't, and have a lot of heart, which is a lot more than you can say about some teams. I think it is truly a Wait Until Next Year year, like they are going to make a splash in the free agent market and, the way it's been going so far in the east, maybe even get a decent draft pick. Hopefully, at least, they can get something for Tim Thomas, the Bulls biggest contract, who is just sitting at home.

right back to my earlier post :

"It doesn't come all that much better than Lebron or Kobe. and if you expect them to take it to another level (which to me means, making their respective teams championship-caliber) it ain't gonna happen."

GO LA! THE HEAT ARE GOING NOWHERE, SUCKAAAAAASSS.

"like a Convertible crashing into a wall".... shut up and sit down Shaq, your days are over.

"like a Convertible crashing into a wall".... shut up and sit down Shaq, your days are over.

Didn't you forget about WADE?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    motown, what do you think about the warriors? losing three in pretty convincing fashion.

hot or not?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    motown, what do you think about the warriors?

hot or not?

Fading BIG TIME on this road trip. I was hoping they'd come out .500 but the Lakers just pull ahead of them and they can't get either their defense OR offense going.

I'm hoping when they get home they can pull it together.

motown, what do you think about the warriors?

hot or not?

Fading BIG TIME on this road trip. I was hoping they'd come out .500 but the Lakers just pull ahead of them and they can't get either their defense OR offense going.

Hot- there where they should be. U cant expect them not to have chemistry/growing pains/adjustments.
    They'll take Sacramento's playoff spot.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Funny how the white flag has been waived preemtively, tonight's game being in Detroit, with your statement.

Wade is cool. Shaq is cool too. But for some reason, i don't really like Miami. Maybe it's their Unis...i don't know.

Funny how the white flag has been waived preemtively, tonight's game being in Detroit, with your statement.

oooohhhh. [instigation]

seriously though Detroit creates so many matchup problems. Much like the Spurs.

Wade is cool. Shaq is cool too. But for some reason, i don't really like Miami. Maybe it's their Unis...i don't know.

We'll see this weekend. I'm not a miami fan but u gotta recognize. If they gel(Riley hair), it could mean curtains for alot of East hopefulls.

We'll see this weekend. I'm not a miami fan but u gotta recognize. If they gel(Riley hair), it could mean curtains for alot of East hopefulls.

hehe. yea, i agree with you that Miami definitely has enough potential. and if they play together they could win big time. Miami's probably gonna have one of their best performances this year but if the Lakers pull this one out, they'll definitely be making the playoffs.

I don't see Miami putting the pieces together successfully this year. I mean, how much better are they really with White Chocolate and 'Twan as opposed to last year? I think I heard this somewhere else, but they basically got rid of their strong perimeter game by letting Jones and Butler go. They are now primarily an inside-game team now, without the benefit of having an outside threat to balance and baffle opponents like they were able to do last year.

I'm so hyped for the Christmas Day Pistons/Spurs game. Watch for me behind the basket, BATCHES, candy cane thunderstix in hand, rocking the santa hat!