NBA 2005-2006... WHAT IT DO, BATCHES

Comments

• Plus, the Mavs basically SHAT on the Pistons, crushing them by 37 and ending their unbeaten to start the season streak.

and what exactly does that mean?

i bet $300 right now, that detroit will get farther than the mavs this year.

So I'll decline your offer.

see.

Great. Good discussion holmes. You sure me.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Plus, the Mavs basically SHAT on the Pistons, crushing them by 37 and ending their unbeaten to start the season streak.

It means y'all got shat on, dog.

Easy bet to make when y're in the weak EC.

But I don't necessarily think it means the Mavs are better than the Pistons either. Sayin though. 37. Ouch. Made me feel good about my team is all.

I stand by my prediction of the Mavs to the WCF. With Flip, I like the Pistons the best to come out of the East, over Miama and the Artests. So I'll decline your offer.

Dog, the Pistons were coming off a tough game the previous night while on a WC road trip. The Mavs had what 2 or maybe even 3 days to get fluffed by Mark Cuban and wait to play the league's only remaining undefeated team? And you're all warm and fuzzy after one victory without even taking those factors into account. Plus, all ya'll did all game was put up weak-ass pull up in the middle of the lane jumpers anyway. The Spurs will kill the Mavs when this is all said and done. Tonight will be a preview of that.

• Fear the Diop!!!

• Plus, the Mavs basically SHAT on the Pistons, crushing them by 37 and ending their unbeaten to start the season streak.

It means y'all got shat on, dog.

Easy bet to make when y're in the weak EC.

But I don't necessarily think it means the Mavs are better than the Pistons either. Sayin though. 37. Ouch. Made me feel good about my team is all.

I stand by my prediction of the Mavs to the WCF. With Flip, I like the Pistons the best to come out of the East, over Miama and the Artests. So I'll decline your offer.

Dog, the Pistons were coming off a tough game the previous night while on a WC road trip. The Mavs had what 2 or maybe even 3 days to get fluffed by Mark Cuban and wait to play the league's only remaining undefeated team? And you're all warm and fuzzy after one victory without even taking those factors into account. Plus, all ya'll did all game was put up weak-ass pull up in the middle of the lane jumpers anyway. The Spurs will kill the Mavs when this is all said and done. Tonight will be a preview of that.

Nice excuses. Scoreboard. Tough game against the 3-10 Rockets the night before, eh? I know all of these things.

We've already handled the Spurs once by double digits. Might be tough to do tonight w/out J-Ho though.

So I'll decline your offer.

see.

Great. Good discussion holmes. You sure me.

scoreboard, dude, scoreboard.

• scoreboard, dude, scoreboard.

Exactly. Last I saw, it read Mavs 119, Pistons 82.

• Somebody explain to me how the Sixers are leading the lead in scoring and can't stop anybody on D. It's like bizarro Sixers. For the past few years, we couldn't score over 100 but played solid D... now we can score like the Dickens and can't stop some dude named Kendrick Perkins. The eff?

I blame it on Webber.

-e

It's hard to watch those dudes. If they could get some stops late in these games they'd probably be like 13-3 right now. Other than Iggy they don't have any solid defensive players and they play really poor team defense. Korver looks totally lost out there sometimes. The Sixers have to be on fire, shooting a high percentage every game or the other team has to be really off the mark for them to win. I'm still gonna try to get to see them live a few times this season. AI is like never before. I wanna at least see him do his thing while he's in his prime, even if the team is destined for first round elimination.

Nice excuses. Scoreboard. Tough game against the 3-10 Rockets the night before, eh? I know all of these things.

We've already handled the Spurs once by double digits. Might be tough to do tonight w/out J-Ho though.

Dallas is not that nice! Get over yourself.

• AI is like never before.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Somebody explain to me how the Sixers are leading the lead in scoring and can't stop anybody on D. It's like bizarro Sixers. For the past few years, we couldn't score over 100 but played solid D... now we can score like the Dickens and can't stop some dude named Kendrick Perkins. The eff?

I blame it on Webber.

-e

It's hard to watch those dudes. If they could get some stops late in these games they'd probably be like 13-3 right now. Other than Iggy they don't have any solid defensive players and they play really poor team defense. Korver looks totally lost out there sometimes. The Sixers have to be on fire, shooting a high percentage every game or the other team has to be really off the mark for them to win. I'm still gonna try to get to see them live a few times this season. AI is like never before. I wanna at least see him do his thing while he's in his prime, even if the team is destined for first round elimination.

Exactly, dude. Sixers blow leads late like a high-schooler blows loads early.

I'm hoping Dalembert is gonna help stabilize the defense but I don't see it happening. I really think Webber is partially to blame. He's so weak on defense and is always three steps slow to step over and provide help when somebody gets beat off the dribble. Even if he does step over, he's not really capable of blocking shots real well so he'll probably just foul dude or make a weak attempt at a strip or something. He's playing well on O, but he's such a defensive liability I'm quite comfortable blaming him for all of our defensive woes.

Iverson does look better than ever. He's averaging like 30 and 8 and very few turnovers. He's playing incredible.

-e

• Nice excuses. Scoreboard. Tough game against the 3-10 Rockets the night before, eh? I know all of these things.

I dunno mang...y'all the ones so sensitive about one game. I mean, you did say squeaking past the .300 Rockets was a tough game, right? I did mention in my initial post that November wins mean little other than an early litmus test. I think I've been pretty self-aware and deprecating about the pros and cons of this team, but y'all keep comin' on some bullshit. Get over myself? Are you serious?

I'm not trying get into it w/ Pistons and Spurs fan though. I'll admit, that's where Dallas is trying to get. But when cats started out this thread w/ quotes like "Dalls is garbage" and not even picking them to make the WC playoffs, that's pretty laughable, so I had to rep for 'em.

Good day to you, kind sirs.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    He's the most talented player in the game ...but his basketball IQ is zero...

I have cringed many a times post-Shaq. His J is money, but the problem is his J is not money when he's double-teamed and disoriented, which is happening a lot more now-a-days.

Kobe is no doubt selfish because he knows he's the greatest offensive threat that the lakers have to offer, but when teams know 99% of the time that he's going to have the ball in his hands in the finals seconds, it makes things that much easier for the defense. PREDICTABILITY is a definite weakness. I've RARELY seen dude explode to the left. It's always, #8 gets handed the rock around the three point line, and pivots with the left foot down. Consequently, he hasn't been much fun to watch lately either. Cept for the opener at Portland.

What??? Yuichi is finally owning up to Kobe's offensive selfishness and inability to make the players around him better? I never thought I'd see the day. Wow!!!! Now, if I could only convince my MC (Eric) of the same. He's a die-hard, unrelenting Kobe fan.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I dunno mang...y'all the ones so sensitive about one game. I mean, you did say squeaking past the .300 Rockets was a tough game, right? I did mention in my initial post that November wins mean little other than an early litmus test. I think I've been pretty self-aware and deprecating about the pros and cons of this team, but y'all keep comin' on some bullshit. Get over myself? Are you serious?

I'm not trying get into it w/ Pistons and Spurs fan though. I'll admit, that's where Dallas is trying to get. But when cats started out this thread w/ quotes like "Dalls is garbage" and not even picking them to make the WC playoffs, that's pretty laughable, so I had to rep for 'em.

Kinda funny that Dallas' has lost to the Memphis, Milwaukee, Philadelphia and UTAH (by 11, their record is 6-9, BTW).

Yet, it's looking pretty good for them!!!

Get over yourself.

• Nice excuses. Scoreboard. Tough game against the 3-10 Rockets the night before, eh? I know all of these things.

Kinda funny that Dallas' has lost to the Memphis, Milwaukee, Philadelphia and UTAH (by 11, their record is 6-9, BTW).

Yet, it's looking pretty good for them!!!

Get over yourself.

Hey, at least you fixed the records which you must've seen you had incorrect. The other Dallas loss was by 20 to the Grizz at home, , I'll freely admit.

It's looking good for them cos there a perennial playoff team w/ a new system and young, hungy and talented players. Everything bears this out, what's your prob already?

Your point is kinda weaksauce. If Dallas is so weak, couldn't I turn yr same thinking around on you (given that Dallas broke it off in some Piston arse)? Even the best NBA teams lose WTF kinda games throughout the season. I use games that feature top-teams versus top-teams as potential gauges for what is to come at NBA crunch-time.

• Put it this way, the Wizards beat the Spurs and the Pistons too. Do not therefore assume that either the Wizards(my team of choice) or the Mavericks would have andything approaching a chance in a seven game series with either of those teams.
    That said, I do believe that the Mavs are decent, and they should be able to make some interesting moves being that they have a number of contracts that come off the books after this year.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    He's the most talented player in the game ...but his basketball IQ is zero...

I have cringed many a times post-Shaq. His J is money, but the problem is his J is not money when he's double-teamed and disoriented, which is happening a lot more now-a-days.

Kobe is no doubt selfish because he knows he's the greatest offensive threat that the lakers have to offer, but when teams know 99% of the time that he's going to have the ball in his hands in the finals seconds, it makes things that much easier for the defense. PREDICTABILITY is a definite weakness. I've RARELY seen dude explode to the left. It's always, #8 gets handed the rock around the three point line, and pivots with the left foot down. Consequently, he hasn't been much fun to watch lately either. Cept for the opener at Portland.

What??? Yuichi is finally owning up to Kobe's offensive selfishness and inability to make the players around him better? I never thought I'd see the day. Wow!!!! Now, if I could only convince my MC (Eric) of the same. He's a die-hard, unrelenting Kobe fan.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

haha. but you know what, i still don't blame Kobe all that much. I would be doing the same too (keeping the rock in my hands) if this dude

kept throwing up weakass spin move scoop shots, and consistenly gave up easy buckets to the opposition. and look! there's that scrub, Brian Cook who is only good for the ocassional string of treys. management=idiots.

Now, I saw glimpses of hope in the Smush Parker/Kobe, run and gun at the beginning of the season. I liked that. It was fun to watch, and it was much more effective then the stagnant offense right now, trying to run shit through Lamar Odom.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

lovely. who was that dude again?

• thats nate the great fool

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

holy shit. i didn't know that dude could dunk. that's nate robinson right?

• i didn't know that dude could dunk

shoot

heres nate after throwing down a 2 handed dunk off an alley oop over his current teammate channing frye

• Put it this way, the Wizards beat the Spurs and the Pistons too. Do not therefore assume that either the Wizards(my team of choice) or the Mavericks would have andything approaching a chance in a seven game series with either of those teams.
    That said, I do believe that the Mavs are decent, and they should be able to make some interesting moves being that they have a number of contracts that come off the books after this year.

Pretty much agree, and if you read the gist of my posts, I said nothing to the contrary. No predictions that are too wild here. Everybody likes to shit on the Mavs. I have my own theories as to why that's the case, but I'll save 'em.

• thats nate the great fool

Nate Robinson is the shit. Loved watching the lil' man ball while at U-Dub. Glad to see he's already doin a lil' something in the League.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Was it me or did the TV announcer say at the end of the Spurs-Mavs game that Dallas had just lost 3 of 4 games? That's not a good sign of all this improvement you're talking about.

• Was it me or did the TV announcer say at the end of the Spurs-Mavs game that Dallas had just lost 3 of 4 games? That's not a good sign of all this improvement you're talking about.

Tis true. What was I thinking? Didja see how the Spurs just blew the Mavs out last night?? Y're right, Mavs are horrible.

Holla at me at the end of the year and we'll see what up. No Stack, No Howard, No Christie. This team we'll be fine until they lose to the Spurs in the playoffs. Still think it's the second-best team in the West.

I thought last night was a tough game between two good teams. Way to go on the 82 Georgetown pass, KVH. Dirk is slumping right now. Props Spurs.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    camby is the man

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    camby is the man

This cat iz really killin the west coast.

But he waz a literally sick in NY.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Was it me or did the TV announcer say at the end of the Spurs-Mavs game that Dallas had just lost 3 of 4 games? That's not a good sign of all this improvement you're talking about.

Tis true. What was I thinking? Didja see how the Spurs just blew the Mavs out last night?? Y're right, Mavs are horrible.

Holla at me at the end of the year and we'll see what up. No Stack, No Howard, No Christie. This team we'll be fine until they lose to the Spurs in the playoffs. Still think it's the second-best team in the West.

I thought last night was a tough game between two good teams. Way to go on the 82 Georgetown pass, KVH. Dirk is slumping right now. Props Spurs.

OK,

1) I never said the Mavs were horrible. I said they were a very good playoff team, but they weren't convincing in the end because they're defense isn't good enough. They've got some guys who can guard out on the wings, but nothing in the middle. Damp could clog up the lanes, but he's always up and down. I think you must be referring to someone else.

2) You're talking about all the improvement and they lost 3 of 4 games, and 2 straight. They had the lead in the Spurs game and blew it at the very end of the game.

3) Christie wasn't going to really change that team that much. Stack is a good offensive player, but they already have plenty of that. He'd definitely be better than subbing in Van Horn however.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    camby is the man

This cat iz really killin the west coast.

But he waz a literally sick in NY.
    against the suns: 33 points, 20 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 blocks. +

• SI.com says that this dude is also doin' his thing this season out west, which is surprising to me-

Anybody out there who's seen a lot of Portland this year? I didn't think dude was ever gonna live up to his rookie hype of being the next KG. Even though he has a lot of natural athletic talent, I can't even imagine him being a legitimately good player. Like Paul Silas said when he was signed to coach Cleveland and peeped Darius' game- "He can't play!"