Items jacked from your local radio library

Comments

• But note that I don't agree with the war in Iraq.

thats funny that you have make sure I[/b] know you were against the iraq war, but thats not was i think is lame, i think the comparing the labor movement and iraq to some jackasses stealing records from radiostation is hilarious and stupid

• Hey Kevin how are you? Yes, this is Amir from Kon and Amir. I know I said would post on this topic anymore, but I believe that too many cats are totally getting out of hand and disrepecting me! I never said that I still steal records from radio stations or at all. You wanna talk about something that is offensive; well, talking about my future children and what I will be teaching them is VERY offensive to me. So there is no need to involve my future children(god willing) in this topic. I don't care what any of ya'll say I am not a racist, dumb, or immoral because I have stolen records in the past. For the life of me, I don't why I am responding to a bunch of lil' kids talk about something they know nothing about. Nobody should be on some holier than thou shit. Point blank. Sorry people feel soooo uptight about this, but that's your hang up not mine.
    amir

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    But note that I don't agree with the war in Iraq.

thats funny that you have make sure I[/b] know you were against the iraq war, but thats not was i think is lame, i think the comparing the labor movement and iraq to some jackasses stealing records from radiostation is hilarious and stupid
    That's not the extrapolation I was making. Just pointing out to the dude that said no harm can come from "violence", which isn't true. This was an inappropriate time to bring it up. Read my previous points and you'll see that I never once made a moral stand-point on this issue and that therefore it would be illogical for me to bring up the war in Iraq and the labour movement to compare record stealing.

I reply in length because I agree that such an extrapolation is laughably ridiculous.

• Options
    I must have misrepresented your former statement - I though you said you'd still do it.

Shit Amir, I did it to when I was younger, but I just how some of the younger posters here were influenced to think it was cool (after you validated it), and I just thought that was wrong.

I don't know how someone who used to fight and steal so much has become so mellow, but I have. i like my job - maybe that's why.

Easy, K.

• i hear u kevin. i was the same way when i was younger but i am hopefully more mellow too. like u i don't want what i have said to be misreprented by the young cats on here. so that's why i want magic jackson to tell me how i was being racist? I want to correct him. don't throw words around like that unless you can back them up. to me, that word is VERY serious and not to be tossed around lightly. and yes, i just bagn my first post with i got out of the radio station. nothing more and nothing less.

• ok, while we're on the subject of stealing and karma, does it matter if the person you're stealing from is a real sack of shit who's treated you, and kind people you know like dirt for no reason? i've never lifted vinyl, nor do i ever plan to, but i've always kinda fantasized about ransacking ya man chase saunders' store. i've got too many stories about that place, let alone the one's i've heard from other people. that miserable old bastid gets no sympathy from me. plus he's got some heat.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i hear u kevin. i was the same way when i was younger but i am hopefully more mellow too. like u i don't want what i have said to be misreprented by the young cats on here. so that's why i want magic jackson to tell me how i was being racist? I want to correct him. don't throw words around like that unless you can back them up. to me, that word is VERY serious and not to be tossed around lightly. and yes, i just bagn my first post with i got out of the radio station. nothing more and nothing less.
    when you say that "Racking shit is apart of Hip-Hop culture.", it generalizes, and further propagates the hillbilly notion that hip-hop culture is founded on lazy, or criminal/ill-gotten methods, and says nothing of the hard work that many (i'd generalize myself, to say most) artists undergo to become successful. there are impressionable people everywhere you go, and i wouldn't want my hip-hop loving 11yr old hearing something like you said, especially coming from a person of influence. that's why i said your statement was "borderline racist", and not that you were a racist person. do you see where i was coming from?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    i wouldn't want my hip-hop loving 11yr old hearing something like you said, especially coming from a person of influence.

It's OK, just had a birthday, he can handle it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    you are all going to hell

• i decided i'm not even going to go into it...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    GET IT HOW YOU LIVE

and oh yeah...

HOW MANY OF YOU RIGHTEOUS FUCKERS STEAL MUSIC OFF THE INTERNET EVERYDAY?

LIMEWIREDEEZNUTZ

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    and oh yeah...

HOW MANY OF YOU RIGHTEOUS FUCKERS STEAL MUSIC OFF THE INTERNET EVERYDAY?

LIMEWIREDEEZNUTZ

• the piliging of artifacts has a very disgusting history.

internet downloading is some other shit.

lime wire is a half baked turd. i do not need billy idol remixes therefore i steal nothing.

give me raers or whatever.

LaTeRdAyZbRo

internet downloading is some other shit. stealing records

• internet downloading is some other shit. stealing records

in one sense yes but in another sense no.

internet downloading is some other shit. stealing records

in one sense yes but in another sense no.

Hi Anthony

How's the baby?

• totally radical.

totally radical.

SWEET !

• For you dudes that buy records off the station directors, employees or whatever, how do you know that the money is going towards the station and not being pocketed? I can understand a huge station sale, but a one-on-one transaction? It's not like they have a cash register or anything.

I don't even understand why some of you spend so much time arguing this shit. If you steal, fuck what everybody else thinks. If you've never stole in your life or "don't steal anymore," good for you. Why make it a point to talk down to the one's that do?

Mind your bitchness.

Herm

P.S. I haven't stole anything since I was 17 (that was 14 years ago).

And oh yeah, for those of you who have never stolen a thing in your life, please understand that a lot of us who have done it aren't completely immoral. Just because we may have shoplifted art supplies/CD's/cassingles/etc. doesn't mean we'll steal shit from anybody who'll invite us in their home.

Again, mind your bitchness.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    WHoah, this thread blew up. I got called a girly man. But i wanna say i never stole any records in my life.

Alls I know is other kids will clean it out if you dont. People are onto the game these days. Replacing it with a reissue is an excellent idea.

Ill admit i was annoyed when my college radio station was cleaned the fuck out by some dude 1 year my senior. But really, it was waiting to happen.

But you will probably have bad record karma for it. And that might not be so good.

• Damn man, I would say many many of yall owe a HUGE debt to Amir/Davidwingate. Dude was collecting raw soul, funk, jazz, etc when motherfuckers were buying pixies cassingles. Show that man a bit more respect.

I stole a lot of records in my life. Why? I didn't have enough money to buy all that shit! I would buy records at places I liked, run out of money, and then hit up greasy asshole with the lame shop and $40 John Coltrane records. Plain and simple. I have reaped the karma and I totally regret it. Totally agree that it is "some hip-hop shit", for better or for worse. It comes back and bites you in the ass. I got warped records in the mail for YEARS. Stuff has disappeared out of my shop. Over the years I have tried to be on the up and up and pay that shit back.

I never stole out of a radio station except once, and it was a free for all. I could've sat there and been like, I won't do this... but you have Vinyl Reanimators, Kon & Amir (I think? we'll have to speak on it next time you're in the shop), station DJs, etc going through this spot and running it. The DJs would let guys go back in shifts. At that point in my life, with not much money and not many records, it was either get it in or miss out. For what it's worth the DJs brought their own vinyl or CDs, the records were not being used at all. It's not a justification. If I knew then what I know now, I would have tried to get in with the PD and buy some shit. In a way that is shady too though because that dude is not gonna reinvest the money or hand it over to the college he is going to pocket that shit and take his chick out on the town.

You can't paint the whole college issue with such a broad brush though - some stations are really functional and have great, longrunning shows and utilize their library. Other stations are MP3 and CD only and if they even have turntables it's for trance DJs at 3am. Maybe their signal gets halfway across campus, and the college cuts the budget at every opportunity. I think you have to look at the situations separately, I think stealing from, say, KALX is abhorrent but some of these stations.... the college would dump the records, the DJs, and the tables if they could get away with it.

• the piliging of artifacts has a very disgusting history.

AP are you talking aboutartifacts in Egypt. I was watching a program on the theft of artifacts in tombs and other spots. Very bad how it is done. Many tombs are fucked up BAD. They don't even sell a lot of shit for mad $$$.

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    this post is great. pretty much my entire hiphop collection has come from a college radio station (2 to be exact). i was urban program director for both so between the free shit and taken shit i've been very taken care of.

now if i could only tell you the other stories of shit we'd taken from college radio stations...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    when motherfuckers were buying pixies cassingles.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    WHoah, this thread blew up. I got called a girly man. But i wanna say i never stole any records in my life.

It's all love, girly man.

• my name is marco from italy.

i like tribe.

if i do not get raer my life will be problem.

please get me raer funk.

i need your help tonight.

please tocuh my life with funk.

latr.

marco

i'm still pondering the meaning of
    " i know the place what the fuck ther is?"

• GET IT HOW YOU LIVE

GET IT HOW YOU LIVE

GET IT HOW YOU LIVE

GET IT HOW YOU LIVE

Keep the boosters boostin. Stealing is hip-hop. Good or bad, it is.

• pharcyde- bizarre ride....that was in 94 though...plus tons of promos

• they're just fuckin' records...

can you guys at least give the records back if you find your own copies?