NBA 2010 -'11 (Deluxe Version)

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    pcmr said:
    i am watching a dont mean shit preseason atlanta miami
    i have a feeling that miami will be able to be broken down defensively
    quite easily as well, people are still lebron watching

Their Interior will be mad suspect. Bosh/Anthony/Haslem/Ill-Z is not scaring dudes in the paint.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    batmon said:
    Unless Orlando changes up that 3 point bullshit, they'll still fall short.

Van Gundy has been experimenting more with different personnel sets, using Gortat or Bass at PF and shifting Lewis to the 3. That way, in the playoffs, they can quickly adapt to a team that's able to handle Dwight 1-on-1 and mitigate the 4 out/1 in approach. (I hope.)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    bosh is still mad hesitant, shaq/howard-n-em wont give a fuck
    also
    these new technicals on intent and air punching will make the league even more pussyfooted than it already is, ive seen this type of freedom of officials interpretation in soccer and its terrible
    you cant be politely ironic anymore

dgriot said:
    batmon said:
    Unless Orlando changes up that 3 point bullshit, they'll still fall short.

Van Gundy has been experimenting more with different personnel sets, using Gortat or Bass at PF and shifting Lewis to the 3. That way, in the playoffs, they can quickly adapt to a team that's able to handle Dwight 1-on-1 and mitigate the 4 out/1 in approach. (I hope.)

Time to return to the 'traditional' style. That West Coast 3 point Don Nelson shit doesnt work in the Playoffs.
    It took them 2/3 years to wake the hell up.

Lewis gonna have to put that ball on the floor and not be just a spot up power forward/SF.

pcmr said:

these new technicals on intent and air punching will make the league even more pussyfooted than it already is

word NAGL x 5

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm going to love seeing Yuichi try to defend that.

b/w

What, no crucifixion scene?

b/w

This ad makes Kanye's worst moments look kind of humble.

• mannybolone said:

This ad makes Kanye's worst moments look kind of humble.

right.

this was such a bitch move. either own up to your decision and advocate for it...or just issue a flat out apology for being a jackass. taking ownership was really the route here...i don't want to buy nike because lebron has thoughts, but because he is a badass on the court.

if i was designing the campaign i'd have lebron dribbling a basketball that was filled with all of the loud naysayers...and then i'd have him dunk the ball with the force of 20 men, causing the ball to bust open into a thousand pieces.

KVH - Picks pleez

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Miami looking terrible so far

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    as expected, some last-minute jitters, but the TRUE Big Three showed the NEW Big Three it ain't easy, and it ain't never gonna BE easy. Miami looked like the Cavs redux, with James being looked at to win it all by himself.

this game had a playoff atmosphere - right down to a dramatic Paul Pierce injury exit and return! hahaha

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I wonder if Miami gonna be like the Isaiah Thomas Pistons that everyone hated except Detroit. I think maybe. Shaq actually was able to move, that was impressive.

• Enter Pat Riley stage right.

• Will the Rockets be top 4 or even 3 in the West?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    johnshade said:
    Enter Pat Riley stage right.

i am praying that this happens. there is a certain bay area team that could use spoelstra right about now.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    David Stern taking shots at Reggie Miller LOL

"I know he used to kick his legs out when he took shots"

Funny, but true.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    David Stern is the worst. With this technical foul nonsense, you're going to create a league of emotionless dudes playing for a paycheck.....A bad call in a big game may lead to the fans doing God knows what...If the players can't complain, please believe the people in the seats will, and it may get ugly.

edpowers said:
    With this technical foul nonsense, you're going to create a league of emotionless dudes playing for a paycheck...

Yup. I've said it before. They've really cracked down/cleaned up after the Malace at the Palace. No more doo-rags at post-game conferences.

That technical foul shit is ridiculous though. Seriously, let the players express a little. I can only imagine all that pent-up frustration is gonna lead to an elbow or fore-arm shove ANYWAY!

Stern can't get rid of these though.

Blake and Brown doing big things (well, ok, one game in but still). It's reassuring seeing the Lakers bench throwing down.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    love blake (pause) since college
    hope they go deep in the playoffs
    fistpumping has no place in sports of course

pcmr said:
    love blake (pause) since college
    hope they go deep in the playoffs
    fistpumping has no place in sports of course

Really? You can't say you love a sports figure without throwing a "pause" up in there? Has it come to this?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i hesitated but i was reminded of the spike clip, jokes

Two quarters into the regular season, Blake Griffin is a lock for ROY (if he stays healthy).

HATE Baron at the point. Was good as a novelty act with the Hornets....
    Every single PG night in and night out is gonna get their way going to the rack.
    Dude plays horrific defense. TRADE HIS ASS. or give Eric Gordon or Randy Fowe more
    playing time.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    nobody in the league is dumb enough to pick up baron's bloated contract.
    except maybe kevin mchale

SoulOnIce said:
    but the TRUE Big Three

U mean Duncan,Ginobli,and Parker?

yuichi said:
    Two quarters into the regular season, Blake Griffin is a lock for ROY (if he stays healthy).

U havent see ALL of the draft/rookies play and your just buying into the hype.....AFTER 24 mins of play?

Who is to say another kid might just explode. Were u talmbout Tyreke Evens at all?

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

U havent see ALL of the draft/rookies play and your just buying into the hype.....AFTER 24 mins of play?

Who is to say another kid might just explode. Were u talmbout Tyreke Evens at all?

No I wasn't even paying attention to Tyreke. He doesn't have the blazing speed of Derick Rose or John Wall (All three from Memphis). Probably why he was not on the radar of most NBA fans. Very good overall talent on the offensive end, but I think his upside is limited...

On the other hand, Blake was dominant in college; as was Rose and Wall. The dude makes Michael Beasley look like a little boy. Lock for ROY (if he stays healthy), nuff said.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    NM.

Another reason why everyone is praising him is because he's a 6'10" dude that could do it all. And rarely do big guys come along that could really play.

Greg Oden was #1 pick on POTENTIAL. All he did in college was putback dunks.

Demarcus Cousins was #5. I mean he could bang in the paint but his skills were still way raw...He seemed kinda clumsy and on the fat side too. I thought he was chosen VERY high. Goes to show how much value is placed on big men in the league. Out of that Memphis bunch, I liked Eric Bledsoe the best. Dude was like Nate Robinson on steroids. Kinda reminds me of Will Bynum on Detroit.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'll be reposting this every month or so.....

Rockadelic said:

Blake Griffin is the truth.