NFL DISCUSSION - 2011 -

1121314151618»

Comments

• That hurt- was there for the taking, and The Pats gagged. Ah well- if Brady wants to be immortal, he's got to make those throws. He didn't, and he's not.

Congrats to Garcia Vega- even got to see the salsa unleashed!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Absolutely brutal to watch. No real dogs though???one mistake each by Brady, Welker, Hernandez, but nobody went out there flat. Lots of great play on both sides.

Congrats Giants fans. Your boys look great out there all night and deserved to win. I will be paying up on my bet with GV shortly. It was rough being in NYC last night though. I had to go home during the aftermath on the streets and heard a lot of drunk revelry outside my bedroom window all night. Not fun.

• Man I can't even believe it! Its so funny too, I was so jaded coming into this season with the lockout and how everything progressed through the summer, and the drama with Osi and Brandon Jacobs. I had no expectations for the Giants, in fact I had said if they went 9-7, I would consider it a successful season. I wanted Tom Coughlin fired. And motherfuckers go out last night and win the Superbowl. Eli "I'm in the same class as Tom Brady" Manning is now a two time winner and MVP. I thought that Tom Brady shit was going to haunt him and dog him like crazy. I just can't believe it, this season was bananas.
    And Gareth and Cooper, people might hate on the Patriots and their fans, but you guys are total class. I'm sure we'll catch up soon.

Garcia_Vega said:
    I'm sure we'll catch up soon.

BRO I TOLD YOU I WILL PAY UP ON OUR BET SOON BRO CAN A DUDE LIVE?

Friday night might work. Waiting to hear from a friend. ;) What's your preference for the 6-pack?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Man I can't even believe it! Its so funny too, I was so jaded coming into this season with the lockout and how everything progressed through the summer, and the drama with Osi and Brandon Jacobs. I had no expectations for the Giants, in fact I had said if they went 9-7, I would consider it a successful season. I wanted Tom Coughlin fired. And motherfuckers go out last night and win the Superbowl. Eli "I'm in the same class as Tom Brady" Manning is now a two time winner and MVP. I thought that Tom Brady shit was going to haunt him and dog him like crazy. I just can't believe it, this season was bananas.
    And Gareth and Cooper, people might hate on the Patriots and their fans, but you guys are total class. I'm sure we'll catch up soon.

I'm a big believer in the "team of destiny" thing.......The Sunday night game against the Cowboys was when I knew the Giants were for real and a very well rounded team......the biggest mind blower is that the Jets had cut your punter......dude was money.

• I always love SB Sunday but god damn this day after is always by far & away the most depressing day of the year.......7 months until the next meaningful football game. NFL Network does a nice job bigging up the Combine/Free Agency/Draft/Training Camps/HOF weekend/Pre Season but it just isn't enough to fill the void :(

• Risingson said:
    I always love SB Sunday but god damn this day after is always by far & away the most depressing day of the year.......7 months until the next meaningful football game. NFL Network does a nice job bigging up the Combine/Free Agency/Draft/Training Camps/HOF weekend/Pre Season but it just isn't enough to fill the void :(

True Words.

Congrats to the Giants.

Tryna see a Saints home game in the Super Bowl next year.

Hernandez' celebration was awesome.

• Rockadelic said:
    ....the biggest mind blower is that the Jets had cut your punter......dude was money.

By the second quarter I was all "Steve Weatherford came to play motherfuckers!"

• DB_Cooper said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    I'm sure we'll catch up soon.

BRO I TOLD YOU I WILL PAY UP ON OUR BET SOON BRO CAN A DUDE LIVE?

Friday night might work. Waiting to hear from a friend. ;) What's your preference for the 6-pack?

Haha, don't know man, we'll talk on Friday ;)

• Don't get me wrong- I still think your QB is an inbred dipshit... But, he bested ours in the last two games when it counted (leaving out the regular season) and that's really all that matters- IQ scores be damned.

Last night's game was not an all-time classic- give me 38/42/43 or even 44 over that one for quality of play. But, you can't deny the Giants ability when it counted, and that's all that mattered.

Honestly, what I fucking LOVE about sports is that there is no "deserved it." If you win, you deserved it. If you didn't, you didn't. The Giants deserved to win last night and this season, and that is that.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    My boyfriend can't throw AND catch the ball.

• gareth said:
    Don't get me wrong- I still think your QB is an inbred dipshit...

That's "Two time Superbowl winning MVP inbred dipshit" to you, sir.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Victor Cruz is the man!

:Baller:

• RAJ said:
    Victor Cruz is the man!

And to think we only paid him $405K this season, and he's under contract for only $490K next season. 2013 he's a restricted free agent, and will most likely then get his big contract. He had an amazing year, I had seen his potnetial in the pre-season game against the Jets in 2010 when he caught three touchdown passes, but then he was out the rest of that year with an injury he sustained in practice. Came back this year and was record breaking, literally. Victor Cruz has been possibly the best bargain price player the Giants have ever landed.

Garcia_Vega said:
    RAJ said:
    Victor Cruz is the man!

And to think we only paid him $405K this season, and he's under contract for only $490K next season. 2013 he's a restricted free agent, and will most likely then get his big contract. He had an amazing year, I had seen his potnetial in the pre-season game against the Jets in 2010 when he caught three touchdown passes, but then he was out the rest of that year with an injury he sustained in practice. Came back this year and was record breaking, literally. Victor Cruz has been possibly the best bargain price player the Giants have ever landed.

Graduated from my alma mater. Go Minutemen.

• I'd encourage all y'alls to check out the NFL Films audio from the game, on either the NFL Network or a rerun of "Inside the NFL"- though, on the latter, you're guaranteed to hear Warren Sapp, so that may be a deterrent.

Anyway, the stuff they got was incredible- Brady & Cruz both mic'ed up, Pats D & sideline saying, "We have to let him score!", John Parry, the Ref, saying, "that was the ballgame," after the Welker drop. The whole thing was incredible. Films is just phenomenal...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    gareth said:
    I'd encourage all y'alls to check out the NFL Films audio from the game, on either the NFL Network or a rerun of "Inside the NFL"- though, on the latter, you're guaranteed to hear Warren Sapp, so that may be a deterrent.

Anyway, the stuff they got was incredible- Brady & Cruz both mic'ed up, Pats D & sideline saying, "We have to let him score!", John Parry, the Ref, saying, "that was the ballgame," after the Welker drop. The whole thing was incredible. Films is just phenomenal...

Yeah??? saw that last night.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    My boyfriend can't throw AND catch the ball.
    STAY CUTE AND SHUT UP!
    b/w
    Listening to the if's and hypothetical scenarios for the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl by Patriots fans on the radio this week has been brutal. BRUTAL. But I listen anyway, for some reason.
    b/w
    GIANTS!

• Garcia_Vega said:

And to think we only paid him $405K this season, and he's under contract for only $490K next season.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/02/09/victor-cruz-thinks-he-should-be-paid-more/?sct=nfl_t2_a3