NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Anyone using League pass?
    It's quite buggy for me. Last year it was perfect...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    mattB said:

No problems for me.

Some of the out of town games look questionable though. All fuzzy and shit.

• much to my surprise, the raptors..... aren't...... terrible?

• Mavs are showing signs of life. They just had to defrost. Beating everybody's fav the Thunder is always good.

batmon said:
    mattB said:

No problems for me.

You dont occasionally get a test screen of coloured columns pop up from time to time?
    Or how about the control buttons. I often have to restart after using them. Maybe it's a flash issue...

mattB said:
    batmon said:
    mattB said:

No problems for me.

You dont occasionally get a test screen of coloured columns pop up from time to time?
    Or how about the control buttons. I often have to restart after using them. Maybe it's a flash issue...

I did get that once a couple of nights ago,, but it lasted 4 seconds.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Much to my anticipation, my Zards stink.

• Rip City

MiddleDean said:
    Rip City
    Good game that one (Lakers related).

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Matt Barnes getting 30+ minutes these past two games. He was a starter tonight with 15pts, 10 assists, and a few blocks.

He is gonna be key for the Lakers especially in the playoffs....

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    barnes has never been able to keep up that sort of production on a consistent basis-- thus his limited minutes off the bench on any team he's been on, including yesteryear's lakers.

do you think he's improved enough to be that x-factor type? i see ebanks getting more consistent and getting more time in the frontcourt...

how you liking the walking personal foul known as troy murphy? every lakers fan i know wants his head on a stake.

JimBeam said:
    barnes has never been able to keep up that sort of production on a consistent basis-- thus his limited minutes off the bench on any team he's been on, including yesteryear's lakers.

do you think he's improved enough to be that x-factor type? i see ebanks getting more consistent and getting more time in the frontcourt...

how you liking the walking personal foul known as troy murphy? every lakers fan i know wants his head on a stake.

He's definitely an X-factor. He reminds me of Doug Christie with his defensive intensity, smooth J, and competitiveness. He definitely adds that much needed EDGE to the team. Metta's been real quiet lately...Ebanks I think could be a nice role player, but he's not getting nearly enough minutes.

Don't really have a strong opinion about Troy Murphy yet. He can hit J's here and there.

I STILL do not like Chris Paul's stop and go, scatter-around style of offense......

I don't get why he's almost the consensus #1 PG in the league with that shit..

Right now it's like Mo Williams and Chauncey Billups taking jumpers, and then letting
    Blake Griffin do one-on-ones.....That's the Clippers offense. Coach needs to draw up
    some plays or something! jesus.

• Rip City

What the hell has gotten into the Sixers?! 7-2. Best defense in the league. Top point differential.....Doug Collins magic?? Talk about a surprise. Reminds me of Hubrie Brown taking "good" players" and turning them into a "great" team. 30 assists for the night. nice.

warriors just beat the heat in OT.
    third quarter the warriors scored 2 buckets.
    i hope folks don't get carried away-- the heat played bad down the stretch for sure and david lee was uncharacteristically good.

yuichi said:
    What the hell has gotten into the Sixers?! 7-2. Best defense in the league. Top point differential.....Doug Collins magic?? Talk about a surprise. Reminds me of Hubrie Brown taking "good" players" and turning them into a "great" team. 30 assists for the night. nice.

doug collins is a hell of a coach and has his players playing SMART basketball.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    JimBeam said:
    i hope folks don't get carried away-- the heat played bad down the stretch for sure and david lee was uncharacteristically good.

i really don't know what to think of the warriors at this point.

Philly showed signs late last year and in the Playoffs that they were coming together under Collins.
    The same unit returned and the teamwork is cohesive. No real superstar so they go with whomever is hot.

Nikola Vucevic.

• Yeah, Philly is looking good right now. Great team ball. 4 to 5 players in double digits each night. I wish I still lived in the area so I could watch the damn games though.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    yuichi said:
    I STILL do not like Chris Paul's stop and go, scatter-around style of offense......

I don't get why he's almost the consensus #1 PG in the league with that shit..

Right now it's like Mo Williams and Chauncey Billups taking jumpers, and then letting
    Blake Griffin do one-on-ones.....That's the Clippers offense. Coach needs to draw up
    some plays or something! jesus.

During Vinny del Negro's tenure in Chicago, the only play I ever remember him calling was, "Go! Go!" I wouldn't hold my breath for much x's-and-o's while he's running 'tings.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    maru said:
    JimBeam said:

They can beat any team and lose to any team with more or less equal likelihood. And they're fun to watch. Same as they've been for years.

• tonights the bellweather game for the sixers

tripledouble said:
    tonights the bellweather game for the sixers

you should be able to beat the knicks but you did play last night.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    maru said:
    JimBeam said:

Young and inconsistent with better defense, but inconsistent offense. They need to practice more because their turnovers are driving me crazy!

• batmon said:
    tripledouble said:
    tonights the bellweather game for the sixers

you should be able to beat the knicks but you did play last night.

They played the Pacers Monday too. Coming off of two strong wins should help them. No doubt they will be tired though.

motown67 said:
    maru said:
    JimBeam said:

Young and inconsistent with better defense, but inconsistent offense. They need to practice more because their turnovers are driving me crazy!

Trade (My Ankles) Curry and or ("u wanna see my penis") Ellis.

They need a real playmaker. Jackson isnt not gonna survive with this experimental backcourt.

Lee needs help. Either a rebounding Center that allows Lee to score more or a Scoring Center that lets Lee go dirty.

At least the culture is finally turning a corner since they tanked what they had after the Dallas upset.

This current roster will hit a ceiling even with Coach Jackson's enthusiasm.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I would keep curry and trade Ellis. The latter plays too much one on one game and not enough team ball.

motown67 said:
    I would keep curry and trade Ellis. The latter plays too much one on one game and not enough team ball.

I like Curry but he's really a combo guard they are trying to make into a Point.

I hope they can acquire a bigger 2 Guard who can handle the ball alongside Curry who will then be allowed to catch and shoot.

He's not making his teammates "better".

batmon said:

He's not making his teammates "better".

that's my main beef with curry. great shooter, occasional dimes, no D, not really a floor general type at all.
    and proving that he's WAY too fragile to build around and too inconsistent to rely on to close out games.

i'm in the trade curry/keep ellis camp, but you all probably knew that already.
    if you're trying to build a competitive team now, you keep the better player, which ellis is.
    if you're making a bet that curry's ankle (7 times in a season and a half! three sprains alone after the "corrective" surgery) holds up and you want to be competitive three years down the line, trade ellis and draft (although you better get some picks in that trade, because you blew your amnesty on a 4mil dude when you knew the clippers would match leaving you no cap space and you have no picks since you traded them all away with JRich and the Lee acquisition. (No picks til 2016!!!!)

as for the one on one stuff-- i see that as the teammates fault. NOBODY moves when ellis clears out. you have to be open for someone to drive and kick. when everyone just parks outside the perimeter and makes zero movement without the ball, they're covered and ellis has to shoot.