NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    How much money does GS have to dangle?

Im tellin ya.....Monta is the trade bait.

Lee needs help in the frontcourt.

I would look into Jamal Crawford next to Curry.

And maybe an aging vet like VC. Who is yall's vet?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The original report said that the Warriors would be a facilitator in moving Crawford from the Hawks to the Knicks. Crawford actually played here for half a season under Don Nelson. Had one or 2 good games, and then proved completley erratic. Had no consistency with his shot or scoring and the Warriors ended up letting him go.

As far as veterans it's not good for GS. Monta and Biedrins have been the longest with the team. In terms of years in the League Dorell Wright and Biedrins are at 7, and Monta and Lee are at 6.

I heard theyve been trying to upgrade Biendris who has lost his moxie.

Meanwhile my Pacers got David West which moves Handsbrough to the bench.

The West move came out of nowhere. All the stories said he was in talks with Boston.

motown67 said:
    The West move came out of nowhere. All the stories said he was in talks with Boston.

nah the pacers were targeting him for a minute. boston jumped in to see if he was interested. we had more money.

im not a big fan of west but ig hibbert plays well and west does his thing well be alright.

this pendergrass kid sounds interesting. Pacers loaded on big men from the d league. hmmmmm?

Warriors get DeAndre Gordon. Not bad at all. Great upside.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    My Zards got Rony Turiaf from the Knicks. Great.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    So nice I posted twice!

Jordan is a restricted free agent so the Clippers can match, and early reports say that they will. They have 3 days to match or let him walk.

Looks like Lakers are going all or nothing for Howard. They just traded Odom away for nothing, but a trade exemption.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Jordan is a restricted free agent so the Clippers can match, and early reports say that they will. They have 3 days to match or let him walk.

Looks like we're stuck with Biedrins

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Let's remember that he used to be kind of good. I think the key is just having a PG who can feed the shit out of him.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    Knicks backcourt is trash

Got to hear and see the NY perspective on this over the weekend.

My conclusion: "Knicks backcourt is trash"

maru said:
    Let's remember that he used to be kind of good. I think the key is just having a PG who can feed the shit out of him.

Dude showed potential but was also on a better team back then as well.

He probably needs a fresh start and play backup PF and not Center in a West Coast offense.

Dallas Mavericks:

Kidd/West/Beaubois
    Terry/Carter/West
    Carter/Marion/Odom
    Dirk/Odom/Marion
    Haywood/Mahinmi

Too many old dudes. They couldnt keep Barea.

West Coast Boston?

I'm at the Warriors open practice right now. Looks like another backcourt dominated game.

motown67 said:
    I'm at the Warriors open practice right now. Looks like another backcourt dominated game.

Do they feed Lee?

First, agree with Maru, if they played pick and roll with Biedrins more he would be a heck of a lot more effective, and probably happy as well.

The offensive sets they were playing were mostly for the big men to set picks and pass to cutting small guys. The bigs were the 2nd or 3rd options on the plays.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    maru said:
    I know he's not going to have a video real like Dominique, but these were his highlights? Jesus.
    There are clips of him missing layups and tipping rebounds to himself with no one else around.
    Softest big man since Shawn Bradley?

• mattB said:
    maru said:
    I know he's not going to have a video real like Dominique, but these were his highlights? Jesus.
    There are clips of him missing layups and tipping rebounds to himself with no one else around.
    Softest big man since Shawn Bradley?

this video should never have been made.

batmon said:
    Dallas Mavericks:

Kidd/West/Beaubois
    Terry/Carter/West
    Carter/Marion/Odom
    Dirk/Odom/Marion
    Haywood/Mahinmi

West Coast Boston?

Carter & West = Locker Room Cancer

Losing Chandler = No shot at ring

Chandler in NY = No shot at ring

Lamar Kardashian = Unwanted drama

Roddy B = Make it or break it year and more upside than JJ

Dirk = Retires a Mav with one ring and one MVP

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    Dallas Mavericks:

Kidd/West/Beaubois
    Terry/Carter/West
    Carter/Marion/Odom
    Dirk/Odom/Marion
    Haywood/Mahinmi

West Coast Boston?

Carter & West = Locker Room Cancer

Losing Chandler = No shot at ring

Chandler in NY = No shot at ring

Lamar Kardashian = Unwanted drama

Roddy B = Make it or break it year and more upside than JJ

Dirk = Retires a Mav with one ring and one MVP

I think Cuban made some of these moves with the intent to clear cap space for the next offseason.

Dirk should still be good in the next 3 years but i agree it was a one and done situation.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Biedrins is way better than Shawn Bradley. The thing is, he has great hands and can finish around the basket as well as anyone. His confidence is shot, and the fact that his free throwing is horrendous I think makes him super tentative. Like I said, if he has a good PG who could find him on a regular basis he would be really effective like he was with Baron, when everybody was high on him, not just the Warriors.

maru said:
    Biedrins is way better than Shawn Bradley. The thing is, he has great hands and can finish around the basket as well as anyone. His confidence is shot, and the fact that his free throwing is horrendous I think makes him super tentative. Like I said, if he has a good PG who could find him on a regular basis he would be really effective like he was with Baron, when everybody was high on him, not just the Warriors.

Using Shawn Bradley as a benchmark for good basketball is like using Wesley Willis as a benchmark for good music.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I hope the Chris-Paul-to-the-Clippers deal goes through. I wanna see him run the screen roll with Blake Griffin.

DJ_Enki said:
    I hope the Chris-Paul-to-the-Clippers deal goes through. I wanna see him run the screen roll with Blake Griffin.

New Orleans( The Hornets franchise) needs to move again or be eliminated.
    When Paul leaves its a wrap.

They were one of the most promising expansion teams out there, but cant seem to get it going.

Are you fucking serious! The big news out of the Warriors - we signed Kwame Brown! My god, that guy makes Dampier look like an All-Star.

This is Kobe talking about playing with Kwame Brown.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    motown67 said:
    This is Kobe talking about playing with Kwame Brown.

Hate Kobe, but that was pretty funny.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Are you fucking serious! The big news out of the Warriors - we signed Kwame Brown! My god, that guy makes Dampier look like an All-Star.

the warriors actively hate their fans and want them to go away, obviously.

i like how the future of awesome coaching was on CSN today saying that Kwame has been unfairly judged for his entire ten-year career. "he's never had a straight shot"

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.