NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Clippers ain't doing shit. Lacking good players has never been their problem. Blake Griffin and Chris Paul, cool for them...but I ain't buying it.

Reggie Miller was on NYC sports radio and said "this looks good on paper but they are still the Clippers!"

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Merry Christmas, Kobe! You don't have a prenup! *cue Shaq laughing*
    http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/16/kobe-bryant-wife-divorce/?adid=rr_tmzsports#.TuvngBxKha5

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    *double post*

• great now clippers tickets going to cost the same as lakers tickets...won't be able to see a damn game at the staples center again (altho i am going to preseason clips vs lakes this next week )

preseason...

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Can I just repeat that the Warriors signing Kwame Brown is an admittance by the management that they have given up on this season. I was all ramped up for the season to start, and now I'm depressed as hell. We don't even have a draft pick this year!

cheer up man!
    since your post we have signed ish smith and dominic mcguire!

the warriors are so dysfunctional that we couldn't even sign our swingman that WE brought up from the d-league! HE TOOK A DEAL WITH THE BOBCATS FOR BASKETBALL REASONS.

it's like a joke that stopped being funny five years ago.

I hope the Knicks pick up Jeremy Lin. He would be an instant fan fav, even if dude played 10 mins.

Detroit is gone. Dumars keeps drafting himself. Little ass combo guards.

Dallas looks real old. Layoff is expected after a championship. Shit is gonna be long ass season. One and done(5-8 seed).

Im scurred of Miami now. I wasnt last year, but now LeBron is going finally POST THE FUCK UP. He got some Hakeem training this summer. Shane Battier is a vital lockeroom addition.

I still say the double small backcourt in Golden State has to be spilt up. Trade Ellis and camera-phone outta there.
    Move 6'7" Dorell Wright to the SG.

Mike Brown is a bum.

Paul George is the truth. Lance Stevenson is second coming of Jamaal Tinsley. NYC baller steez w/ issues n shit.

Clippers might could be doin thangs. Im not gonna sleep.

Minnesota is gonna grow this season. Im no Adelman stan but dude is a capable teacher.

Move The Hornets.

Im scurred of OKC. Really scurred. They still need a vet in the locker room though.

Kobe needs to buy himself and the entire team a pink diamond.

Boston is outta here.

Will San Antonio just die. Just die dammit!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Huge Bulls win over the Lakers on Christmas. I had expected them to win, only to be bracing myself for disappointment, only to see them pull it out (ayo) in dramatic fashion with some swarming defense, only to see them fall apart the next night in Oakland. C'est la vie. But the Bulls always fall apart against Golden State, it's just one of those things.

Heat did look nasty... it's their championship to lose, no pressure ;)

I got NBA 2K12 for Christmas!

white_tea said:
    . Heat did look nasty... it's their championship to lose, no pressure ;)
    !

I kinda want the Miami to win in a 66 game season and give them an asterisk next to the trophy.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    Dallas looks real old. Layoff is expected after a championship. Shit is gonna be long ass season. One and done(5-8 seed).

Dwight Howard comes to Dallas by March if Cuban has his way.

Otherwise it's a wrap.

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

Otherwise it's a wrap.

who would orlando want from the dallas roster?,everyone is thirty

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

Otherwise it's a wrap.

who would orlando want from the dallas roster?,everyone is thirty

At that point it's eaither get "something" or lose him for virtually nothing next year....money...draft picks....Cuban's first born.....you name it.

• Surely the Mavs will get better. They are still 'sleep.

Ricky Rubio! This kid is exciting.

Was Kevin Love expected to be this good?

GenePontecorvo said:

The bandwagon started last year when dude when crazy in the rebound dept.
    He's the real deal, but a Stretch PF.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Holy shit. After my pessimism following the signing of Kwame Brown, the Warriors come out and beat the Bulls and Knicks. I thought Jackson would make them play better, but he's really got them playing some good help defense this year. The season is obviously young, but the Warriors are playing beyond my obviously low expectations that I had of them this year.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Holy shit. After my pessimism following the signing of Kwame Brown, the Warriors come out and beat the Bulls and Knicks. I thought Jackson would make them play better, but he's really got them playing some good help defense this year. The season is obviously young, but the Warriors are playing beyond my obviously low expectations that I had of them this year.

Awesome game last night against the Knicks. I thought for sure we'd get blown out without Curry, and in the first half it looked ugly. But the defense clamped down and Ellis stepped up in the fourth.

I think a lot of people were down on this season because on paper it didn't seem like we made a whole lot of changes to improve the team. We tried, but we failed, and the Kwame signing was the icing on a seemingly shitty off season. But the thing is the starting 5 is still in tact, and the bench has proven to be much deeper than last season which in my mind was the biggest problem. I loved the Brandon Rush trade before the season, but I don't think anyone knew how good he was. With Rush, Udoh, and yes, even Kwame Brown coming off the bench I think Jackson has a lot to work with. Curry just needs to keep that ankle healthy.

We're in first place!

maru said:
    I loved the Brandon Rush trade before the season, but I don't think anyone knew how good he was. !

He shows flashes of game when I watched him in Indiana. Can Rebound, shoot, and jump w/ the best of them.
    Had head issues in Indiana.
    Dude needed a change and more minutes. I hope he gets his shine in GS.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    how the hell did the Bobcats end up blowing that shit against the Heat, lol, a game of two halves for sure.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Hell naw. He was SOLID with Russell Westbrook at UCLA though.

I'm watching the Bulls-Clippers game on replay right now and LA looks like Showtime above the rim. I'm becoming a believer. If nothing else they could be the most entertaining team of the season.

motown67 said:
    I'm watching the Bulls-Clippers game on replay right now and LA looks like Showtime above the rim. I'm becoming a believer. If nothing else they could be the most entertaining team of the season.

It's gonna take some time for them to become a serious contender though. And Vinny Del Negro needs to keep the tempo up at all times, cuz that's the only way they'll beat teams. Neither Griffin nor Jordan have a serious back-to-the-basket game. They need to be fastbreaking as much as possible, a la Suns of yesteryear.

Btw, I'm liking the low scoring affairs of the Lakers this year. Defense wins ball games.....always.

maru said:
    motown67 said:

Awesome game last night against the Knicks. I thought for sure we'd get blown out without Curry, and in the first half it looked ugly. But the defense clamped down and Ellis stepped up in the fourth.

I think a lot of people were down on this season because on paper it didn't seem like we made a whole lot of changes to improve the team. We tried, but we failed, and the Kwame signing was the icing on a seemingly shitty off season. But the thing is the starting 5 is still in tact, and the bench has proven to be much deeper than last season which in my mind was the biggest problem. I loved the Brandon Rush trade before the season, but I don't think anyone knew how good he was. With Rush, Udoh, and yes, even Kwame Brown coming off the bench I think Jackson has a lot to work with. Curry just needs to keep that ankle healthy.

We're in first place!

the new york game was a fun watch, and i bought a t-shirt for minimal financial support for the settlement of the sudden wave of sexual harassment cases thrown at the lacob ownership group (it's in SLAM). (btw: what's with oracle forcing all the food vendors to serve food pre-packaged? i went early specifically to take advantage of a short line at ribs and things and they were temporarily out of 1/3 of the menu items, including most sides... they have to make the food upstairs and bring it down packaged on hot racks which completely wrecks the point of what was the best food at any sporting arena in the bay. shoud i chalk it up to yet another labob-flub?)
    kwame played ok, not great. he blew some easy coverage assignments and committed some dumb fouls.
    winning w/o curry wasn't as big of a deal to me as some bench-warmers LOCKING DOWN melo. a great night and a good showing of rowdy knick fans in attendance.
    yes, it's a good start for the w's, but don't forget they had a good start at home last year. when they can be at .500 after the first 10 road games of the year, i'll be a believer.

how many times will catchphrase say "we are a no excuses basketball team" this season?

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Danilo Gallinari!

I actually like Jackson's phrase. The team needs ccountabilitu especially Ellis who obviously hasn't figured out team ball yet. The fact that he got benched after shooting horrendously and trying to go one on one almost everytime speaks volumes.

motown67 said:
    I actually like Jackson's phrase. The team needs ccountabilitu especially Ellis who obviously hasn't figured out team ball yet. The fact that he got benched after shooting horrendously and trying to go one on one almost everytime speaks volumes.

i took it more as he had an off night because his grandmother was in the hospital, and apparently died that day/night.
    monta was off shooting, getting frustrated, and blowing it on defensive. jackson sat him a bit, had some words with him, and threw him back in the game at which point he went berserk.-- pretty much winning it for the w's. i think of winning the game as pretty good team ball.

i don't see anyone else on the team doing that when they are in a close game or trying to come back from being down. take saturdays game vs. the (very good, and well coached, but not phenomenally talented) 76ers-- once the w's were down double digits, they didn't have monta's offense to lean on to keep it close or tie it back up.
    that second quarter stretch where they were bricking layups, shooting jumpers way too early in the clock and turning the ball over like a bunch of doofuses... that's when monta's offense is valuable. they didn't have monta available, and they fell apart.

just signed nate god damned robinson.

the warriors are stupid.

where the hell is jerry west as this train derails???

JimBeam said:

the warriors are stupid.

where the hell is jerry west as this train derails???

Nate Robinson! wheeeeee.

Now go get Jamal Crawford and call it a day.

JimBeam said:
    He proved to be more than just a hotdog when he was backing up Rondo during the playoffs....

mattB said:
    JimBeam said:
    He proved to be more than just a hotdog when he was backing up Rondo during the playoffs....

True.

While these Warriors and those Celtics are a whole different monster, I wonder if dude can keep his shit together and soldier for an upcoming/still growing team.

Never ever been a fan of Nate. I dont know if he's good for locker room culture, especially one w/ Ellis.

Despite Richard Hamilton addition to the Bulls, they are STILL too Rose-Centric for my tastes.

Watched Atlanta blow their lead and lose to Chicago.

Atlanta needs to blow that team up or make a swap or something. That core has peaked already.

batmon said:
    Watched Atlanta blow their lead and lose to Chicago.
    I watched that one too. The Hawks should fine Josh Smith every time he shoots from anywhere outside the key.