NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    it's like the front office is pretending that dalembert and landry are not still out there.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    brown aint the bum he was years ago. his low post defense is valuable.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    1. Where's Yuichi? It was not long ago that he was standing up for Kwame when he was with the Lakers.

2. Kwame is completley incompetent on the offensive end. Dampier played for the Warriors and his hands were bad. I think that Kwame's may be worse. If he gets the ball right in front of the hoop, there is no guarantee that he will: a) know what to do with it or b) be able to hold onto it.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    maru said:
    Biedrins is way better than Shawn Bradley. The thing is, he has great hands and can finish around the basket as well as anyone. His confidence is shot, and the fact that his free throwing is horrendous I think makes him super tentative. Like I said, if he has a good PG who could find him on a regular basis he would be really effective like he was with Baron, when everybody was high on him, not just the Warriors.

Using Shawn Bradley as a benchmark for good basketball is like using Wesley Willis as a benchmark for good music.

The only highlight reel for Shawn Bradley is this one.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Looks like Paul is going to the Clippers after all.

Can I just repeat that the Warriors signing Kwame Brown is an admittance by the management that they have given up on this season. I was all ramped up for the season to start, and now I'm depressed as hell. We don't even have a draft pick this year!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Bulls get Rip Hamilton. Good move.

yuichi said:

One of the analysts on NBA TV made a good observation that this may not work out. Hamilton is a mid-range jump shooter that likes to come off screens. That's not the kind of game that Rose plays. The Bulls might have been better suited with someone that can shoot threes, catch and shoot as well as drive it to the basket.

motown67 said:
    yuichi said:

One of the analysts on NBA TV made a good observation that this may not work out. Hamilton is a mid-range jump shooter that likes to come off screens. That's not the kind of game that Rose plays. The Bulls might have been better suited with someone that can shoot threes, catch and shoot as well as drive it to the basket.

i think he should work out, but he held on to his braids way past its expiration date which is suspect decision making imo.

Chris Paul
    Randy Foye/Willie Warren
    Caron Butler
    Blake Griffin
    DeAndre Jordan

Billups
    Gomes

ive always had soft spot for the Clippers.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    Chris Paul
    Randy Foye/Willie Warren
    Caron Butler
    Blake Griffin
    DeAndre Jordan

Billups
    Gomes

I'm looking forward to watching the Clippers this year.

Willie Warren is a local Texas kid and has big potential.

They will miss Kamen

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    Chris Paul
    Randy Foye/Willie Warren
    Caron Butler
    Blake Griffin
    DeAndre Jordan

Billups
    Gomes

They will miss Kamen

Yeah, Kamen is a legit Center.

• The Nets better find a way to land Dwight Howard, because if they don't and Deron Williams bolts, it will be a sad spectacle when they roll into their new Brooklyn mega-center with a bunch of nobodies.

On the other side of the river, Tyson Chandler was a great move for the Knicks - maybe Amare can make it through a season now that he doesn't have to carry the team by himself. I would actually be excited except freaking Dolan still owns the team.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    Chris Paul
    Randy Foye/Willie Warren
    Caron Butler
    Blake Griffin
    DeAndre Jordan

Billups
    Gomes

They will miss Kamen

Yeah, Kamen is a legit Center.

In a league that has a dearth of legit centers.

Horseleech said:
    The Nets better find a way to land Dwight Howard, because if they don't and Deron Williams bolts, it will be a sad spectacle when they roll into their new Brooklyn mega-center with a bunch of nobodies.

On the other side of the river, Tyson Chandler was a great move for the Knicks - maybe Amare can make it through a season now that he doesn't have to carry the team by himself. I would actually be excited except freaking Dolan still owns the team.

Cuban is going to throw ridiculous money at Howard

b/w

Knicks would go undefeated in a 3 on 3 half court league but you can't win in the NBA without a decent backcourt.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    batmon said:
    motown67 said:
    yuichi said:

i think he should work out, but he held on to his braids way past its expiration date which is suspect decision making imo.

^^^^ That's teh type of analysis that continues to bring me back to Soul Strut.

Motown, yeah, that's one way to look at it. Another way would be that Rip, easily, is an upgrade over Keith Bogans, who started every game last year at SG despite the fact that he can't score -- talking like two baskets a game, if that. The Bulls won something like every game last year when Bogans managed to score double-digits, something Rip shouldn't struggle to do.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Kaman is garbage...The Hornets basically got 2 high draft Picks for Paul...3 picks if they trade Kaman...that's a much better deal for N.O than the original Lakers/Rockets trade ....This year's draft is deep and The Hornets will have a lot of money to throw at free agents.

• Rockadelic said:
    Horseleech said:
    The Nets better find a way to land Dwight Howard, because if they don't and Deron Williams bolts, it will be a sad spectacle when they roll into their new Brooklyn mega-center with a bunch of nobodies.

b/w

Knicks would go undefeated in a 3 on 3 half court league but you can't win in the NBA without a decent backcourt.

Dude who owns the Nets is one of the richest guys in the world, and arguably has a lot more on the line with the new megaplex. It really depends where Howard wants to go.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Horseleech said:

b/w

Dude who owns the Nets is one of the richest guys in the world, and arguably has a lot more on the line with the new megaplex. It really depends where Howard wants to go.

Dwight is staying in Orlando, he loves it here. Otis Smith is fusking up big time.

Horseleech said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Horseleech said:

b/w

Gotta love these young rich dudes....

The day Cuban bought the Mavs he was interviewed on the local news and said "I'm worth 2 billion dollars...that means I can piss away a billion and I'm still a billionaire"!

I hope Orlando can make even more moves to keep Howard in Orlando, but theyve already made so many moves to try and tweak the roster. Who are their barganing chips at this point. Lewis, Carter, and them are gone. Who wants Nelson?

Im skeptical on what direction the can go at this point. They have to be able to get dudes to compete with Chicago and Miami.

• Pretty stoked the FrailBlazers picked up Jamal Crawford.
    We needed some good news up here in Portlandia.

motown67 said:
    yuichi said:

I think it'll work as well. Hamilton is money within 20 feet, with or without a screen. He could easily get a feed off Rose after he gets inside the paint.

Watch for the Clippers bandwagon to start piling up! If it hasn't already.

The NBA definitely needed some new blood....especially out West. T-Wolves actually might be interesting to watch with Ricky Rubio, J.J. Barea, and Derick Williams making their debut; with Rick Adelman coaching them.

yuichi said:
    Watch for the Clippers bandwagon to start piling up! If it hasn't already.

Hells yeah.

Online play on NBA 2K12 has seen a gang of Clippers adopters when they were just last week using the Thunder, Mavs, Lakers, or Miami.

Now does Sterling treat this team like a big market team playing in a big market or does he do what he has been doin which is treat the franchise like a small market team in a large market.

Plus ....Vinny Del Negro is a goner.

I really fuckin hope the Pacers get Micheal Redd.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

mylatency said:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Clippers ain't doing shit. Lacking good players has never been their problem. Blake Griffin and Chris Paul, cool for them...but I ain't buying it.