ENGLAND

discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central
:hard_as_fuck:

Comments

• it's crazy

Sky News seem to have it on live 24/7......just watching it live now from the helicopter cams split screen, some guys setting fire to a car, pushing into the middle of the road in Hackney, hoodies eveywhere......a shop being set alight in Peckham........bored youths going ape shit, it's disgusting.

• why are they doing this?

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    FunkyFlatulent said:
    why aren't we doing this?

I always wondered why us mericans don't riot much, excepting sports victories. Not that I'm into it personally.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    FunkyFlatulent said:
    why are they doing this?
    Originally it was because the police shot & killed some local. But fck knows why it's still going on. Because of injustice? Because they're hooligans? Because they're bored? Because they wanted to steal shit? take your pick.

In Tottenham they burnt down a carpet shop, for some reason, destroying the building including the flats/houses of local residents, along with their every possession. It's all pretty senseless tbh.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Okem said:
    In Tottenham they burnt down a carpet shop, for some reason

Carpet sparks up a treat. More arson, less Arsene...

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Dudes are rioting about the wrong thing.

They should doing it because the only three legit economic activities locally are the Off Licence, the Crappy Fried Chicken outlet and the betting shop. Keep them drunk, shorten their lives with shit snappy but make sure you keep 'em sweet by giving them hope that they can win big on the horses.

They should be doing it because some chinless wonder cunts who are supposed to be our leaders are either laying by a pool in LA or sipping Chianti on a verandah in Tuscany, fwa-fwah braying through their whiny, shiny stuck-up cunt noses.

They should be doing it because their supposed champions in the opposition are career politicos from a journo or academic background, having never set foot in the real world, and who they have zero chance of changing due to the wankers in this nation of nimby stoopet general public arseholes having rejected the opportunity of PR.

And above all, they should be rioting in Knightsbridge, Mayfair, Oxford Street, Bank and Canary Wharf, cos the only way to get through to these politicunts is by noising up the money men and merchants who are chatty wit dutty Babylon.

Apart from that, it's all good.

Yours in anarchy....

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Dem rioting in Brum now. Bullring tried to close early, it's all kicked off.

Serious though, they are too lazy to vote when the handouts keep coming. Give such a person with nothing to lose carte blanche to steal with no recriminations, here's what happens.

• Its all going off right on my doorstep in Hackney. The helicopters are directly over my house. Lots of gangs running down my street..... and a lot of riot vans/ unmarked police cars. Scary stuff!

Just checked in with the parents in Peckham. No-one rioting in the estate, where there is very little left to destroy.
    I might lob a brick thru the betting shop tomorrow doe. Communitay destroyers.

• Yea every poor area in London the streets read like that. Pawn shop, betting shop etc! Bun that!

Still sirens going pretty hard over here. Doors are locked and food is on the plate. Glad your fam is safe!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    skel said:

They should doing it because the only three legit economic activities locally are the Off Licence, the Crappy Fried Chicken outlet and the betting shop. Keep them drunk, shorten their lives with shit snappy but make sure you keep 'em sweet by giving them hope that they can win big on the horses.

They should be doing it because some chinless wonder cunts who are supposed to be our leaders are either laying by a pool in LA or sipping Chianti on a verandah in Tuscany, fwa-fwah braying through their whiny, shiny stuck-up cunt noses.

They should be doing it because their supposed champions in the opposition are career politicos from a journo or academic background, having never set foot in the real world, and who they have zero chance of changing due to the wankers in this nation of nimby stoopet general public arseholes having rejected the opportunity of PR.

And above all, they should be rioting in Knightsbridge, Mayfair, Oxford Street, Bank and Canary Wharf, cos the only way to get through to these politicunts is by noising up the money men and merchants who are chatty wit dutty Babylon.

Yours in anarchy....

Bravo.

but no, the silly fuckers are looting H&M's and Mobile fucking Warehouses...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    skel said:

Yours in anarchy....
    i couldn't understand like half this post due to the britishisms but i think i agree with it?

Who fucking loots H&M???

That's like looting a pound shop or Primark.

Shits retarded.

Dudes, two miles up the road is the Lambo dealership, Tiffany's, Loius Vuitton.
    Louis fucking Vuitton!

Dudes have shit for brains.

Harrods ffs.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Hope everyone stays safe

b/w

I don't think there's much point in trying to explain why rioters are doing specific things (unless you're one of them; then, i'm all ears!), but I think it's critical to explain the phenomenon (in general)

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    semi-thoughtful piece

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/07/7292281-the-sad-truth-behind-london-riot

its very hard not to be totally cynical about these things...

• I was just watching a video of rioters looting Currys. Someone asked why they were looting and a girl, with an armful of electrical goods, answered, "We're getting our taxes back."

Why the fuck aren't they looting some banks then? I don't recall Currys getting financial bailout... idiots.

What you gonna get from a high street bank?

Some pens on chains and a rack full of "Our Promise To You" leaflets?

• It's all about the symbolism

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    neil_something said:
    I was just watching a video of rioters looting Currys. Someone asked why they were looting and a girl, with an armful of electrical goods, answered, "We're getting our taxes back."

Why the fuck aren't they looting some banks then? I don't recall Currys getting financial bailout... idiots.

i just saw that...

then the reporter got all indignant and middle england on them and said "are you proud of what you're doing?"

ok geraldo... no one is proud of looting... it's a reaction of rage + greed... maybe if they all had slick, well paying media jobs they could afford all the useless disposable consumer goods one could want!

Not sure how many symbols they'll be able to carry, on account of they hands full of plasma screens and trainers.

Thinks: may be able to get a new vacuum cheap in teh next few days...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    skel said:
    I might lob a brick thru the betting shop tomorrow doe. Communitay destroyers.
    There's a 5 min video of some yout trying to put in the window of a Ladbrokes, them shits are tough.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

DEY BURNT GREGGGGGSSSSS!!!!!!11!!

@BootsRiley Boots Riley
    In the news re: London rebellions, any group who's not White or a shopowner r calld "gangs". White ppl involved r all "anarchists".

@wikileaks WikiLeaks
    The BBC can interview the Taliban, but is apparently incapable of a single meaningful interview with a London protester.

• nzshadow said:
    @wikileaks WikiLeaks
    The BBC can interview the Taliban, but is apparently incapable of a single meaningful interview with a London protester.

in fairness, the taliban want publicity and exposure and actively court it by inviting news organisations to interview them. on the contrary it's been reported that those filming or taking pictures of looters and rioters have been attacked.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    nzshadow said:

@wikileaks WikiLeaks

Well, p_gunn did post that link with the ITV reporter.

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/07/7292281-the-sad-truth-behind-london-riot

Tho, it did say it was a "Londoner" and not protester. But I found it well said.