NBA PLAYOFFS BATCHES!

Comments

• D Wade and Lebron James are clueless, classless morons. I feel bad for you as a human being if you root for this team.

Lebron can't sniff Jordan's two day old jock strap.

• Options
    GenePontecorvo said:
    D Wade and Lebron James are clueless, classless morons. I feel bad for you as a human being if you root for this team.

Calm down while remembering that you're rooting for a team with a wifebeater on it...

What I wonder is how quickly Miami might be looking to break up the Big Three if they lose. It might not happen this year but if they can't get it done this year or next at least one of them will be available. The Knicks might get LeBron yet, which would probably mean no rings for him ever since the dipshits that run that team couldn't win a meat raffle.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    D Wade and Lebron James are clueless, classless morons. I feel bad for you as a human being if you root for this team.

Calm down while remembering that you're rooting for a team with a wifebeater on it...

What I wonder is how quickly Miami might be looking to break up the Big Three if they lose. It might not happen this year but if they can't get it done this year or next at least one of them will be available. The Knicks might get LeBron yet, which would probably mean no rings for him ever since the dipshits that run that team couldn't win a meat raffle.

So LeBron is going to play with Carmelo? Can the Knicks afford Melo, LeBron, and STAT?

Give the name of your weed connect.

I dont see the three breaking up so fast. This is their first season together and theyre in the Finals.
    A couple of tweaks and some more games together they will be fine.
    I would get Bosh and LeBron to Post Up way more often ,and learn a more fluid half-court offense.
    Miller, Bibby, and House are expendable.

The Big Three, w/ Haslem, Anthony, Howard and Chalmers.....they have some of room to get some hungry role players to fortify the roster.......if they feel they need to change after they "lose".

This off-season is wierd due to the lockout so i dont see alot of movement.

LeBoring goes 4 for 4(then nothin) and they hype the shit it up. Eyerolls...

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    WOW.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Was it just me or had Miami given up by the 4th quarter?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Congratulations Rock and GeneP-- you and your squad deserve it!

That was a classy move by Cuban to have the founder of the Mavs get the trophy first. Congrats Dallas fans. That was a great series.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Gene P and Rock-

Congrats to both of you. You've been riding for Dallas and Dork for years here, though the good and bad. So happy for both of you- couldn't have happened to a nicer couple Texans.

As a post script, it is great to see Jason Kidd get a ring.

gareth said:
    Gene P and Rock-

Congrats to both of you. You've been riding for Dallas and Dork for years here, though the good and bad. So happy for both of you- couldn't have happened to a nicer couple Texans.

Such a great story. Im cryin.

• batmon said:
    gareth said:
    Gene P and Rock-

Such a great story. Im cryin.

i think chris bosh has hacked your account.

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    Congrats gene and rock! Hopefully my lakers can put a better fight against you guys next yr. Enjoy this one! The first one will always be the best and sweetest. Get smashed and start rioting.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Amazing Finals, I'm kind of sad to see it end, but I love that the Heat got slapped down (that's what you get for acting like you won rings before the season even began, guys). Dirk officially stamped his ticket to the HOF, and great efforts by Chandler, Terry, Kidd, Barea, and Marion to take the series. I'm glad for all those guys, and as a Spurs fan, I've never been happier for a Mavs win.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    I was pulling for Mavs and Nowitzki the last few series, something I have never done in the past. But they played great team basketball on both ends of the floor. It was really easy to cheer for them against teams like the Lakers and Heat who were steeped in celebrity drama and lots of non-basketball bulls**t

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    motown67 said:
    That was a classy move by Cuban to have the founder of the Mavs get the trophy first. Congrats Dallas fans. That was a great series.

Yes!

Hard fought series for real. TERRIFIC WAY TO CAP THE NBA SEASON. Marion, Kidd, Dirk, and Jet all win rings. I don't think the commissioner could have asked for a better way to the season end. Congrats Rock and Gene!!!!! Much-deserved victory for a solid TEAM!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Dirk officially stamped his ticket to the HOF

Without question. And one of the greatest shooters in the history of the game (plus 7 feet or not).

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Dirk officially stamped his ticket to the HOF

Without question. And one of the greatest shooters in the history of the game (plus 7 feet or not).

goddamn he poured it on in the fourth. every shot was all net
    miami's fourth quarter kindof made me forget that the rest of the series was so competitive and exciting. pretty much sucked. sad, limp way to go out.

congrats mavs fans! send us pics of the streets down there

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    GeneP, Rerog and some others just cleared off the streets of Dallas....we're drunk with liquor and joy.....I promised GP I'd come here and represent....thanks to all you dudes who finally recognize.....we wanted this more for Dirk than for us...and Cuban showed the ultimate class letting Mr. Carter be the first one to handle the trophy....13 years of blood, sweat and tears and Dirk is the single greatest athlete in Dallas history.....feels great!!

faux_rillz said:
    Congratulations Rock and GeneP-- you and your squad deserve it!

Class.....appreciated.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    So, so happy right now. The white hats won, literally and figuratively.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    I really never post in these or any threads, but I had to tonight because it was nothing short of amazing to take this game in with Gene P. and Rock tonight at the AAC (not to mention the rest of our non Strut crew)...the stadium was packed with true fans, who usually can't afford to go to games like this, and thus were uber stoked to be a part of it. Now all Dallas needs is a World Series.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    TEAM BALL

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    a great game, and i am really happy to finally see jason kidd get the ring he has deserved (nowitzki too). shouts to mavs fans and all ze germans!

Shawn Marion, Caron Butler, Peja Stojakovic,Brain Cardinal, AND Corey Brewer get RINGS!!!!!!!!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Eric Reid: "We know you guys are going to enjoy the sun and the fun and all the spoils of South Florida. But we also know you Three Kings came down here to win championships, not one. Championships."

Lebron James: "Not one, not???"

LET ME STOP YOU RIGHT THERE.

Shaking the cobwebs out and letting it sink in that the team that began 31 years ago, the same year I moved to Texas and began rooting for them, are finally CHAMPIONS!

Some observations:

The arena was louder than if the actual game was here in Dallas....TRUE fans....20,000 on the inside and another 20,000 outside watching it on the big screen.....and when it was over nothing but love....no fights, no vandalism, no fires....boring but classy.

Don Carter - The man who brought NBA basketball to a town where they said it would never thrive.....a man who even after he sold the team has never missed a home game sitting in the front row with his white cowboy hat.....this ring is for him and you best believe Cuban gives him one.

Dirk - Dude has gotten no respect outside of Dallas for 13 years. Every damn year this guy worked his ass off in the off-season and improved every part of his game....I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the gym tomorrow practicing.....and he EARNED this Chip...could have left town to "take his talents elsewhere" but stayed in the city that showed him love....as of last night he is the greatest athlete in any sport to ever play in Dallas....believe that!

Rick Carlisle - Every move he made worked.....not a coincidence, he's a damn good coach and had a team that respected and listened to him.

JJ Barea - What can you say.....no fear.

Jason Terry - Clutch....dude was an All-Star in Atl but came here and knew this was a TEAM first and foremost.

The Mavericks - Top to bottom a group of good dudes....and for those of you who want to point at Kidd and call him a wife beater but were a fan of Ted Kennedy....GTFOOHWTBS...(you know who you are).

Lebron - Loser! Dude's press conference after the game was the icing on top of this guy being a self centered loser. They say he has to mature but he's been in the league for 8 years......his 4th quarter play was Shawn Bradleyesque. I wouldn't want him on my team....period. BTW...Today is National Lebron James Day....everyone gets to take off from work 15 minutes early.

DWade - Always liked the guy and he showed he's a great player. His coughing skit was bush league but I'll give him a pass as he's seemed like a classy guy otherwise.

Chris Bosh - Not sure what to think of this dude....he can hit an open shot....beyond that, just don't know.

Erik Spoelstra - I can out coach this guy.....drunk.

Mark Cuban - I understand why people hate him....but every fan in sports wishes their owner was this passionate and willing to do what it takes to win.....his drunken interview on TNT after the game was more like watching a dude in a neighborhood bar than an NBA owner.

Next Year - As a fan I dread a lock-out.......but if we re-sign Chandler and Butler is healthy I'd say we are the hands down favorite to repeat.....which is near impossible but we can hope.

Dirk, greatest athlete in Dallas history? I think some Cowboys fans would argue with you there.

Bosh, he is what he is. He got big numbers because he was on a crummy team before. He's a face up, jump shooter mostly. He's a complimentary player.

motown67 said:
    Dirk, greatest athlete in Dallas history? I think some Cowboys fans would argue with you there.

They can argue.....but they'll lose......no Cowboy lead their team to the likes of a 50 win season 10 years in a row. Roger Staubach agrees and that's good enough for me.

Last but not least a shout out to GP.....a good friend and a great fan....the fact that I got to enjoy this with him made it all that much better.....I'll share a tenderberry cobbler with dude anytime!!