NBA PLAYOFFS BATCHES!

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Barkley, Malone, and Kemp would all have won Finals without Jordan. Iverson ran into the 2001 Laker buzzsaw.

• Options
    luck said:
    Barkley, Malone, and Kemp would all have won Finals without Jordan. Iverson ran into the 2001 Laker buzzsaw.

Just think how Elgin Baylor feels.

That really must hurt.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Listening to Sports Talk radio on the drive home this evening a caller had a crazy theory.

Great players like MJ, Kobe, Shaq, Magic, DWade and Tim Duncan not only have rings, they also had that killer instinct that made them champions.

Allen Iverson, Charles Barkley, Lebron, Karl Malone and Shawn Kemp...all unarguably great players....never won championships and also didn't have something in their lives that those in the first group did.

Fathers

Seems like a very iffy theory and the players involved were chosen to support it while leaving out players who don't fit the theory.

I don't think Larry Bird's father fits the picture. Isiah Thomas's father left his family when Isiah was 5 or 6. These two were pure killer instinct, among the best ever at their positions and multiple champions.

Meanwhile Chris Webber and Dominique had dads in place but are sort of the poster kids for 'lack of killer instinct.'

Sayin. I think that Jordan having to fight to overcome the fact that he wasn't considered very good at a young age had more to do with his development of a killer instinct than anything else. You learn to be fighter by having to fight.

Peoria, IL- The Peoria Chiefs have added a LeBron James 2011 NBA Championship Replica Ring Giveaway to all fans on Thursday June 16 to enhance the Salute to the 1990s Chicago Bulls Championship Teams Night. The replica ring, which like LeBron's is non-existent, will be handed out to all fans through the gates prior to the 7:00 p.m. game against Wisconsin.

In addition to the LeBron replica ring, the Chiefs are looking into whether or not the game can skip the fourth inning to honor King James who took off the fourth quarter of every finals game.

One lucky fan will win a replica of James' 2011 Finals MVP Award which he earned with his clutch fourth quarter play. Fans will also have the opportunity to learn how to perform the Heimlich to prevent themselves or their colleagues from choking in a big situation.

"Really this is just us getting back to the real world and waking up today and trying to solve our own personal problems," said Vice President of Ticket Sales Eric Obalil.

LOL

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Know what sucks....

I woke up Monday morning and my baby's momma was still screwing some other guy and my Mom was still sleeping with my ex-co-worker.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Listening to Sports Talk radio on the drive home this evening a caller had a crazy theory.

Great players like MJ, Kobe, Shaq, Magic, DWade and Tim Duncan not only have rings, they also had that killer instinct that made them champions.

Allen Iverson, Charles Barkley, Lebron, Karl Malone and Shawn Kemp...all unarguably great players....never won championships and also didn't have something in their lives that those in the first group did.

Fathers

Seems like a very iffy theory and the players involved were chosen to support it while leaving out players who don't fit the theory.

I don't think Larry Bird's father fits the picture. Isiah Thomas's father left his family when Isiah was 5 or 6. These two were pure killer instinct, among the best ever at their positions and multiple champions.

Meanwhile Chris Webber and Dominique had dads in place but are sort of the poster kids for 'lack of killer instinct.'

Sayin. I think that Jordan having to fight to overcome the fact that he wasn't considered very good at a young age had more to do with his development of a killer instinct than anything else. You learn to be fighter by having to fight.

Please.

jordan was a superstar in high school, that's why he went to unc, one of the top schools in the country, where he went on to be an even bigger superstar, which is why he was a top 5 nba draft pick. you are going back to his sophomore year in high school as the reason why jordan had a drive?

barkley, stockton, malone, iverson, lebron, etc., are all great players with killer instincts. people seem to forget that EVERY athlete who makes the nba is unbelieveably good. what separates the stars from the bench players is their confidence and all of the mental things, much more so than skill. however, that alone will not overcome the circumstances of a lackluster supporting cast, especially when the nba is filled with worldwide talent (as it is now).

the idea that one intangible thing is what makes a champion is so ridiculous when you consider there are 9 other players on the court.

keithvanhorn said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    Rockadelic said:

Fathers

Please.

jordan was a superstar in high school, that's why he went to unc, one of the top schools in the country, where he went on to be an even bigger superstar, which is why he was a top 5 nba draft pick. you are going back to his sophomore year in high school as the reason why jordan had a drive?

barkley, stockton, malone, iverson, lebron, etc., are all great players with killer instincts. people seem to forget that EVERY athlete who makes the nba is unbelieveably good. what separates the stars from the bench players is their confidence and all of the mental things, much more so than skill. however, that alone will not overcome the circumstances of a lackluster supporting cast, especially when the nba is filled with worldwide talent (as it is now).

the idea that one intangible thing is what makes a champion is so ridiculous when you consider there are 9 other players on the court.

Blah blah blah. We're talking strictly about killer instinct. I'm saying that something you learn at a young age by being forced to overcome adversity. You're talking about blah blah blah.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    right, like the adversity that kobe had to overcome as the son of an nba player? based on what you are saying, manute bol should have been the greatest nba player ever.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    Rockadelic said:

Fathers

Please.

I agree.

The cops were probably Heat stans.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    who is that dude in the video and why should i listen to him

srs question

Hip Hop DJ & Blogger John Randolph aka Jay Smooth who is apparently known for a few things including his piece on "How to Tell People They Sound Racist".

the BOOM! POW! editing is beyond annoying

• Haha. Right now on NBATV they are showing every Mavs win from the WCF and NBA Finals.

Not too shabby............

THE MAVS WON THE TITLE Y'ALL, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??????????????????????

• One of the best quotes ever....

"I got hammered the last 13 years, basically," ... "So, hopefully this year I can make the hammering go away for one year."

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Also enjoyed this photo:

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Party coalesced around equipment manager in the foreground and it was WAYYYYYYYYY past his bedtime.

• Options
    First Dirk killed the Heat.

Then he killed music.

Somebody is gonna get TRADED this evening!!!

NomoreGarciaparra said:

What a great story.....thanks for posting.

NomoreGarciaparra said:
    The_Non said:

Funny shit.

Cuban was asked why he doesn't just buy out Perot Jr's 5% and he said something to the effect that he hated Lil Ross so much he couldn't bring himself to sign a check with his name on it.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:

What a great story.....thanks for posting.

I figured you and GP would dig it.

The Grantland site could become a good place for longer sports-related stories to run. This one about the life and demise of the National Sports Daily is also great:

http://espn.go.com/espn/grantland/story/_/id/6629257/the-greatest-paper-ever-died

Detroit with another combo guard? Why is Dumars still drafting himself?

• brian colangelo can die.

another euro man.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    brian colangelo can die.

another euro man.
    so disgusting
    whenever i see those barniani pasta commercials i am reminded of the MapleLeafs media staff filled with italian tourism consultants..and they let the good one go

Rudy Fernandez to Dallas is a very good look.