NBA PLAYOFFS BATCHES!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    barea finally converted on his attempts.

it aint over.

that was one of the best game ive ever seen.

"Hands down,man down......."

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    fckvwls said:
    Shut the fuk up faggot nothing has changed. You really think lbj not gonna perform in gm 5?

game 6 maybe?

I bet at least three bookies in Vegas killed themselves tonight.

• batmon said:

it aint over.

Agreed. Even if Dallas doesn't win game 6, it still won't be over.

Dallas has had 3 must wins in this series and they've won them all.

is game 6 a must win or do thry have what it takes to win a game 7 in miami with a healthy wade?

• batmon said:
    is game 6 a must win or do thry have what it takes to win a game 7 in miami with a healthy wade?

nope. game 6 is not a must win. game 7 is.

Carlisle and Dirk got two swings. we got a shot.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:

You've watched them....what do you think?

They have proven they can play shut down D in the stretch and Miami hasn't.

They seem more focused than the more athletically talented Heat

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    As one of the hordes rooting for the Mavs, it is strange... I mean, if LBJ had IT, this thing would be over. And, frankly, I thought the Heat would win in 5. They are more talented, and more physically gifted.

But, what makes sports great, I suppose, is that it ISN'T all physical. LBJ is the most talented guy on the floor, but Dirk and DWade are proving to be those guys who have IT. And, watching D Wade try to coax that out of LBJ vs. the Mavs trying to win before he comes alive is as good as any of the matchups in the series.

Disagree with Gene P, though- don't love Dallas' chances in Game 7 in Miami. Win in six, and start the parade early.

• That JET 3 right in Brons face was pretty great.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i was losing hope toward the end there...the dallas D was a funnel ending 18 inches from the hoop. overall it was a great game, like the rest of this series, but the teams both looked a little disjointed in half court sets. miami in transition though is ridiculous

i watched the game at a bar...whats the situation with Wade's hip?

and what was up with Terry jacking that 3?!?! i mean, it goes in, so its gold...but why did he uncork that shit with time on the clock and a man in his face? i was very much "no!no! nooooo! YESSSS!!!!"

• GenePontecorvo said:
    batmon said:

That's the same mistake Boston made last year against the Lakers. The most important game is always the game after the game played. And I believe that Dallas can win it all on Sunday. I don't think they'd be as comfortable in a Game 7 scenario, where every turnover, foul or bad shot could be looked back at as the turning point where everything went downhill from that point. So I'm hoping Dallas can just continue to play their hearts out and finish it on Sunday.

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    Congratulations gene, rock, and batmon. I was pretty much dead on for most of playoffs, but i fuked up most important game of series. Dirk and kidd will win a ring and go down as some of the alltime greats. You guys can flame me away for the next yr. Lbj is cursed, best talent arguably ever but a fykin headcase. One of the greatest finals ever, but this seems eerily familiar to last years lakers celtics series. Im sure mia will be heavily favored next game, but i dont see dirk and crew losing when they are this close. Congrats guys and welcome to the club. Flame away!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    lebron did have a triple double...but his presence was not large
    surprising avoidance of the spotlight

• It just seems like it would be really hard to beat this team three straight times and I would hope the Mavs wouldn't put all their eggs in a game 6 basket when there is always game 7 in a place you have won before.

You would think a team would be prepared to bring 96 minutes of consistent and ultimate effort regardless, but seemingly that's not how it works.

I'm gonna drive up to Dallas and watch game 6 in the AAC with Rock and other fans so hopefully the Mavs win Game 6 just so I could potentially celebrate in Dallas.

You guys deserve it thats all im gonna say

Btw i have to buy a joel anthony jersey and wear it for a year if the mavs win. Where can i even buy one? Lol

• Well Dirk said he's treating it like a game 7 so there you go.

• At least them dudes keep it classy.

Perhaps Miami???s Dwyane Wade and LeBron James were punchy after hearing all about Dallas??? Dirk Nowitzki???s feats in playing through a high fever and sinus infection in a Mavericks??? win Tuesday in Game 4. Perhaps they just had tickles in their throats.

Wade and James, in video footage captured by CBS 11, appeared to mock Dirk as they left American Airlines Center after Thursday morning???s shootaround in advance of Game 5 of the NBA Finals.

The Heat superstars coughed and covered their mouths with their shirts while laughing.

???Did y???all hear me cough???? Wade said on the video. ???Do you think I???m sick????

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    batmon said:

Glad you're not in the coaching biz.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I have never seen someone with a triple double seem like such a none factor in a game. LBJ just wasn't there in the stretch. That said, this is a great series, most exciting finals I have seen in a while, and I do believe it could still be anyone's game.

• mattB said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    batmon said:

There's no need for that you liitle snarkster. I stand by my statement. Mavs faced overwhelming odds if they didn't win games 2, 4 or 5. What are the percentages of road Game 6 versus Game 7 attempters?

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Play of game 5: Dirk's ridiculous rainbow 3 in the 3rd.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:

Total WTF moment. Sort of a bogus call and then didn't Marion get T'd up? Some sad officiating throughout these playoffs.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    white_tea said:
    GenePontecorvo said:

Total WTF moment. Sort of a bogus call and then didn't Marion get T'd up? Some sad officiating throughout these playoffs.

missing a blatant double drible and calling a foul to get out of it=mediocre officiating
    not walking away from the terrible call and letting marion air out warrated frustration instead giving him a T= disgusting officiating

i hope next game does't have 78 turnovers as well
    great shots by the mavericks in the end

fckvwls said:
    Congratulations gene, rock, and batmon. I was pretty much dead on for most of playoffs, but i fuked up most important game of series. Dirk and kidd will win a ring and go down as some of the alltime greats. You guys can flame me away for the next yr. Lbj is cursed, best talent arguably ever but a fykin headcase. One of the greatest finals ever, but this seems eerily familiar to last years lakers celtics series. Im sure mia will be heavily favored next game, but i dont see dirk and crew losing when they are this close. Congrats guys and welcome to the club. Flame away!

I dont get it.

Before the Series started The Mavs arent gonna win shit.
    And now after being up 3-2 with two game left you have declared Dallas as the guaranteed victors?

Im not trying to flame, but dont u see how your statements/ predictions read.

What will u say if Dallas doesnt win?

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    mattB said:
    Play of game 5: Dirk's ridiculous rainbow 3 in the 3rd.

:happyday:

#dirkrainbow

• KadinkKadink Mainstream hip-hop is losing its street edge 98 Posts
    mattB said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    batmon said:

They are also only going to give 100%

Batmon, it was a drunk post in the HEAT of the moment after losing money betting mia game 5. If dallas doesnt close game 6 who knows? This is playing exactly like last yrs celtics lakers series btw. Honestly at this point who knows. I like everyone else thought lebrizzle conquered his inner demons. No analyst or pundit can call this. Lets be honest if lebron was the dominant force that he was in the last couple of series this would have been wrapped in 4-5 games. Bottom line none of us, me you or analysts can predict whats gonna happen. The fact that mia is still favored speaks to that uncertainty. Either way as fans this series has been mega, and lets just hope there is a game 7, cuz it looks like a lockout is happening.

• Re: comparisons to game 6 & 7 of last year to this year.

Lakers went home with Phil Jackson guiding the reigns.

Erik Spoelstra.

fckvwls said:
    Lets be honest if lebron was the dominant force that he was in the last couple of series this would have been wrapped in 4-5 games. Bottom line none of us, me you or analysts can predict whats gonna happen.

But LeBron hasnt been the dominant force because of either mental issues or simplt Dallas/Marion has effected his game.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda is bullshit at any time. One could apply "What IFs" to anything. That's just wishfull thinking.