NBA PLAYOFFS BATCHES!

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    pcmr said:
    the celts played to the end and LBJ was humble (for once)

lebron is only humble in interviews. he is a jackass on the court. in the 4th quarter, every single time he made a shot, he followed it with some lame reaction for the camera/fans. i don't remember him doing this as a cav, but it makes me want to beat his face in as a heat player. bosh is even worse since he has largely sucked in the playoffs yet still is equally as arrogant. since when did certain nba guys start doing the equivalent of touchdown dances every time they scored? i wish it was bad boy era. bill laimbeer and rick mahorn would not have stood for this type of shit.

co-sign

Bill Lambier and Rick Mahorn couldn't carry the modern players jocks....they were slow and unathletic...today's players are so much better that those two would be lucky to be able to hold down a bench spot in today's NBA.

b/w

Someone please make a sarcasm graemlin with a photo of Kermit Washington decking Rudy T.

• Options
    batmon said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    batmon said:
    yeah james jones shot was the big one.

The shot Wade got in on Rondo was the big one. Rondo played the last two + games with one arm. I won't be surprised if he needs surgery.

No.

The JJ three ignited the Miami run.

The series was over when Rondo got crippled in the 3rd game is what I'm saying. It barely matters how it ended. Boston had no shot with a one-armed PG.

They probably would have lost anyway, but it wouldn't have happened in 5 games.

• batmon said:

The second I saw that shot go in and heard the crowd pop that loud, I knew the season was over for Boston. As for LeBron and humility, I think he really is a humble person. But those little wrestling-like taunts with every shot he made in the last few minutes just killed the game for me. It was hard to stay engaged seeing Bosh, James AND Wade pose for a portrait every shot.

Miami/Dallas Final is still possible, but I'm rooting for Chicago to show and prove past Atlanta to try and show and prove against Miami.

And I think that by now Russell Westbrook has heard it from everyone how he's starting to look like A.I. on the court. I don't know if it's so, but he might probably take those comments and think it's a compliment for him.

• batmon said:

I meant it so much I said it twice.

• batmon said:

Pardon me. Thrice.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    Bill Lambier

Was a part of one of the best moments in NBA history when Robert Parish beat him down to the ground and didn't even get called for a foul. Even the refs hated Laimbeer, who was a whiny pissant. But he could play.

(The league suspended Parish for the next game, but it was worth it.)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    batmon said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    pcmr said:
    the celts played to the end and LBJ was humble (for once)

lebron is only humble in interviews. he is a jackass on the court. in the 4th quarter, every single time he made a shot, he followed it with some lame reaction for the camera/fans. i don't remember him doing this as a cav, but it makes me want to beat his face in as a heat player. bosh is even worse since he has largely sucked in the playoffs yet still is equally as arrogant. since when did certain nba guys start doing the equivalent of touchdown dances every time they scored? i wish it was bad boy era. bill laimbeer and rick mahorn would not have stood for this type of shit.

co-sign

yeah the screaming pose is really wack
    after the steal dunk i felt extra bad
    bosh is soft and should never gloat like that i loved it when durant called him out

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    batmon said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    batmon said:

The shot Wade got in on Rondo was the big one. Rondo played the last two + games with one arm. I won't be surprised if he needs surgery.

No.

The JJ three ignited the Miami run.

The series was over when Rondo got crippled in the 3rd game is what I'm saying. It barely matters how it ended. Boston had no shot with a one-armed PG.

They probably would have lost anyway, but it wouldn't have happened in 5 games.

i feel you.

But Boston was up for most of the fourth quarter. Who knows what would have happened if the went to game seven.

Miami was having a hard time closing even w/ Rondo out. West was playing a very good game.

JJs three opened the window to slay the dragon.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Bulls are happy to invite the HEAT to Chicago as underdogs. Even though we have the coach of the year, the best record and the MVP, El Heat still likely to be favored by the number crunchers in Vegas. I am fine with that. I am even fine if the Bulls don't win this year, as long as it's a bloodbath! Bogans, Deng, Brewer, Noah, Thomas, Asik -- all of these dudes are going to be playing some hard-as-nailz defense. The Bulls run deep. Man, do I love this team.

go memphis

• blakatomblakatom 95 Posts
    Curse The Thunder. Live from Seattle Washington

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    batmon said:
    go memphis
    i'm pretty ambivalent about what team wins this series, i'm just glad it's going to seven-- it's been very entertaining.
    also: z-bo's redemption is a great story that espn/tnt/the L are latching on to quite a bit and i'm digging it.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    batmon said:
    go memphis

Fatigue will be a big factor in the WCF.

Dallas in WCSF = 192 minutes + a week of rest.
    OKC or Grizzlies in WCSF = minimum 356 minutes.

Or is "rust" more of a factor for Dallas?

On the other hand:

- Average age for Mavericks = 29.54
    - Average age for OKC / Grizzlies = 23.18 / 24.43

So maybe the extra minutes wont be such a big deal....

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Bulls in 6

miami cant penetrate the bulls defense

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    batmon said:

i hope this stays true

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    pcmr said:
    batmon said:

i hope this stays true

I too am riding the Bulls bandwagon. Their scrappiness in the first half really put the Heat offense in disarray. Every time, Wade or Lebron penetrates, they're seeing a help defender. This is really the ONLY way the Bulls win this series, with defense and hustle.

deleted.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Wow, I thought this game would be close but the Bulls are owning Miami.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    double

Taj

• GIBSON WITH THE THROWDOWN!

• I'm so glad that the Bulls won. But in all honesty, this was a game they HAD to win. After the Heat had that emotional win against Boston to close out that series (emotional because Wade and James were exercising some demons after beating Boston), I felt that they could've stolen a win from Chicago and derail the entire Bulls team. Even though Chicago won today, here's to hoping they win the most important game in the series on Wednesday. And here's to hoping that James has many more "off-nights."

breakfast, lunch........dinner is different.

Miami didn't really penetrate Boston's defense either.....that so-called great close Lebron had to finish the Celtics was all jump shots.

The problem is Miami can't run against the Bulls ....their best bet is to send an extra rebounder to limit the 2nd chance points

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Mavs get OKC which I think is the better match-up for Dallas.

Marc Gasol > Kendrick Perkins

Perkins can't be anywhere near as productive as he was in Boston because it's a much more high speed and spread out offense.

A long lay-off for an older team like Dallas could give needed rest, or it could cool off their hot shooting and make them a little rusty.

Looking forward to Game One Tuesday.

Mavs get OKC which I think is the better match-up for Dallas.

Yea, I think so too. I think Mavs should get past OKC. Their defense is back and they're more versatile than the Thunder on offense. Yall have a great chance of making it to the finals and doing some damage.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    yuichi said:
    This is really the ONLY way the Bulls win this series, with defense and hustle.

See also: this entire season