NBA PLAYOFFS BATCHES!

Comments

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    batmon said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    batmon said:
    The Mavs can beat the young Bulls and Heat.....IMO.

This is why I'm riding for the Mavs from here on out. The only thing that matters is that Miami loses...Chicago can't beat Miami, OKC can't beat Miami, but Dallas can.

Dork is now a low post threat, and IMO a low post threat is the key.

no way. out of the 48, how many came in the low post? 6 tops. he goes back to the basket to make turn around jumpers, not to do moses malone style drop step moves. that would be zach randolph.

the lakers won back to back without a real low post presence. although gasol prefers the post much more so than dirk.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    batmon said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    batmon said:
    The Mavs can beat the young Bulls and Heat.....IMO.

This is why I'm riding for the Mavs from here on out. The only thing that matters is that Miami loses...Chicago can't beat Miami, OKC can't beat Miami, but Dallas can.

Dork is now a low post threat, and IMO a low post threat is the key.

no way. out of the 48, how many came in the low post? 6 tops. he goes back to the basket to make turn around jumpers, not to do moses malone style drop step moves. that would be zach randolph.

the lakers won back to back without a real low post presence. although gasol prefers the post much more so than dirk.

Batmon is correct....he is now a low post THREAT...that doesn't mean he'll get most of his points in the post, it means that when he demonstrates that he is indeed a threat, like he did by flying by Ibaka to the hoop Tuesday night, it opens up more opportunity for his 15-20 foot jumpshot.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    westbrook marbury. durant garnett

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    It feels so good to not only call a bunch of games, but also win a shit ton of money on top of it. I called that shit, OKC would steal this game and dallas due for a loss. I still think dallas win will series but gene and rock I told ya! batmon whatevs... and I am out!

BTW i am all for scotty brooks benching westbrook for the rest of the series. Dude is like Allen Iverson 2.0 but much worse, and that pains me to say as a former UCLA alumni...

• Options
    fckvwls said:
    BTW i am all for scotty brooks benching westbrook for the rest of the series. Dude is like Allen Iverson 2.0 but much worse, and that pains me to say as a former UCLA alumni...

How can you be a "former UCLA alumni"? Once you're an alumnus (the actual term) you're one for life.

westbrook is not iverson 2.0

Meant to say grad not alumni, alcohol related. Regarding westbrook, dude is an absolute retard. So much athleticism and absolutley zero bball iq.

After watching first two games of western conf, can safely say the east is wiining the title. Neither team can play defense for shit. Bulls or heat have ring on lock. Batmon you are way off claiming mavs defense better than heat.

Find where i said the Dallas Defense is better than Miami's.

"Chandler/Dork/Haywood > Bosh/Haslem/Anthony - Reb/Interior Def"

This was your reply after i said bulls and heat defense better than mavs. Fair enough to extrapolate that you implied mavs defense > heat def. Do you refute this?

In case you forgot or dont watch enough basketball, dirk diggler plays ZERO defense. So whatevs...and haywood ugh. Chandler is their basic frontline.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    That's too harsh. Dirk is a good help and team defender.

I thought it was a bad call to have a cold Peja launch a deep and contested three for the last stand.

If they don't clean up the D in general, we won't win.

OKC is about to have problems I think though in that if they run that small lineup again we will pummel it. It was very effective in Q4. They have issues with their bigs.

Haywood has been good in the playoffs but he was terrible last night.

JJB is fun to watch but we turn into a leakier sieve on D when he is out there.

GenePontecorvo said:
    That's too harsh. Dirk is a good help and team defender.

I thought it was a bad call to have a cold Peja launch a deep and contested three for the last stand.

If they don't clean up the D in general, we won't win.

OKC is about to have problems I think though in that if they run that small lineup again we will pummel it. It was very effective in Q4. They have issues with their bigs.

Haywood has been good in the playoffs but he was terrible last night.

JJB is fun to watch but we turn into a leakier sieve on D when he is out there.

dallas is done, sorry. experience is over rated, ask the lakers.

westbrook must have had words with brooks. there is no way he deserved to be out the whole quarter. look for him to drop 30 next game or dish out a ton of assists.

in 2011, athleticism > smarts.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Thought this was an interesting factoid from some Sun-Sentinel columnist. These three-day breaks between Bulls games are killing me!

Suddenly with Haslem, the Heat's frontline problems disappeared, players returned to proper roles, talents could be more appreciated and weaknesses could be swept under the rug.
    Take Mike Miller. For months, Miller has disappointed as a sharpshooter who doesn't shoot much. He took two shots in 18 minutes of Game 2, made one, and that's not uncommon in his play.
    But when the Heat began the fourth quarter with Miller, Haslem and the Big Three, it was the first time this unit had played together since Haslem left in mid-November with a foot injury.

fckvwls said:
    "Chandler/Dork/Haywood > Bosh/Haslem/Anthony - Reb/Interior Def"

This was your reply after i said bulls and heat defense better than mavs. Fair enough to extrapolate that you implied mavs defense > heat def. Do you refute this?

Yes I refute this. Why extrapolate to justify your agenda.

The INTERIOR defense doesnt include the perimeter defense.

How can you run with my comparing the two team specific interior players to the whole team?

I already stated that Dallas giving up 112 in game one was suspect.

I still contend that despite those numbers that Dallas has the superior front line in rebounds and defense compared to Miami's in the Playoffs. Dork now plays defense.

Haslem is the only dude who can match Chandler's edge, after that the rest of Miami frontline isnt hurting nobody.

Chandler/Dork/Haywood > Bosh/Haslem/Anthony - Reb/Interior Def

I agree that Defense is an issue. Dallas gave up 112 fuckin points. Thats not high level defense

R.I.F.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i was worried about hasslem and my fears were confirmed
    i like him though so good for him
    i want to watch a miami game tonight dammit!

pcmr said:
    i was worried about hasslem and my fears were confirmed
    i like him though so good for him
    i want to watch a miami game tonight dammit!

Yeah, he gives them that swag that Bosh only gets occasionally and the rest of the frontline doesnt have.
    Unless your including LeBron who has played the 4 in the post season.

keithvanhorn said:

guarantee you will eat those words. you gettin' too hyped offa one game.

And yeah dude did have words with Brooks anyone watching the game should've seen that right on the television.

Predicting a 30 point output from RW isn't outlandish or bold. Their combined PG output was 31 last night with Maynor. The Mavs downfall has never been about softness, it's about getting killed on the perimeter: D Wade, B Davis, T Parker, C Billups, C Paul. Funnily JET is the one common link there.......

Now we gotta deal with Harden AND a PG. They need to stick Brewer on Harden.

keithvanhorn said:

Westbrook played 28 minutes, scoring 18 points. He dished 4 assists but also had 4 turnovers. Maynor played 20 turnover-free minutes and was good for 13 points.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I still like Westbrook. You have to understand that the guy never played point guard before and is still going through that conversion from scorer to having to run a team. Yes he makes plenty of boneheaded plays, but the guy is still learning. I would give him up to 5 years total to grow into the position. This is only his sophmore season. If by then he's still playing like now, then I'm all for the Allen Iversion v.20, until them I'm willing to give him some slack.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:

Yeah....this wasn't the case in '03....or '05........or '07....but now in 2011 when "smarts" is no where to be found, it must be true.

GenePontecorvo said:
    keithvanhorn said:

guarantee you will eat those words. you gettin' too hyped offa one game.

care to put some money on that?

So Dallas was more "athletic" than Los Angeles?

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    motown67 said:
    I still like Westbrook. You have to understand that the guy never played point guard before and is still going through that conversion from scorer to having to run a team. Yes he makes plenty of boneheaded plays, but the guy is still learning. I would give him up to 5 years total to grow into the position. This is only his sophmore season. If by then he's still playing like now, then I'm all for the Allen Iversion v.20, until them I'm willing to give him some slack.

i refuse to cut slack for dudes getting paid millions of dollars to learn their job.

vintageinfants said:
    motown67 said:

i refuse to cut slack for dudes getting paid millions of dollars to learn their job.

Thats kinda extreme IMO.

Dudes play a certain way from Junior high thru the Draft and then are asked to switch it up in the pros.
    Its done all the time.

What makes Westbrook look bad is that he has Highest PPG player in the entire L next to him and he still continues to look for his own shot.

Iverson came to a a Philly team that had a very good Jerry Stackhouse at the 2 guard.
    Iverson was a better scorer than Westbrook.

My buddy said that if shit doesnt go right, this situation could end up like Marbury and Garnett where Westbrook cant wrap his head around being Robin to Durants Batman.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Holy shit, the Warriors finally made some positive news for a change. Jerry West has been added to its Executive Board.

http://app.en25.com/e/es.aspx?s=1075&e=282490&elq=c3865fba72ee4685b17e28d251311fb9

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    motown67 said:

Thats kinda extreme IMO.

Dudes play a certain way from Junior high thru the Draft and then are asked to switch it up in the pros.
    Its done all the time.

What makes Westbrook look bad is that he has Highest PPG player in the entire L next to him and he still continues to look for his own shot.

Iverson came to a a Philly team that had a very good Jerry Stackhouse at the 2 guard.
    Iverson was a better scorer than Westbrook.

My buddy said that if shit doesnt go right, this situation could end up like Marbury and Garnett where Westbrook cant wrap his head around being Robin to Durants Batman.

i don't think it's harsh at all. we're not putting the bucket up to 13 feet, we're asking you to distribute the ball.