The Return of Odd Future

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    edit

• Seq_OneSeq_One 11 Posts
    Odd Future IMO is wack. They have some interesting gimmicks though I will give them that. This is defiantly for little kids that like hip hop artists that rock tight pants and have little to no knowledge of the roots of hip hop. I am not hating and I do respect there hustle no doubt but this is something that is hard for me to buy into as a serious hip hop head. It will be interesting to watch what happens with these guys though.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    These kids are fun to listen too and watch even if they are a copy of Hawd Core Ganstu MCs With Gatz. They really aren't doing anything brand new, but they are having fun with it and the reality is young kids don't know any better so who cares.

I'd much rather listen to them than the so called punk band Rise Against or any of the bleepy bloop pop music they call rap now. And Steve Aoki is unlistenable with all that crazy shit going on.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    The are controlled by a compleks system of compuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuters

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I really like that this:

...uses the same sample as this:

L.A. UNDERGROUND, FOO'!

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    thanks Herm for both those tracks.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i heard this is the new OFWGKTA single....

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I'll just leave this here.

Mellowhype's BLACKENEDWHITE is superb!

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    that haji fella is kinda gway.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    sealed Goblin 8-track is super rad.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    thAT clip introduced me to the amazing interview styings of nardwuar.

• Anybody know what the OG to "Swim Good" is?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    It is an original production by Midi Mafia.

I like how Tyler does that "stop rappin' while still rappin'" thing in the video. Only other video I've seen that in is "IBWin' Wit' My Crewin'."

• narduwar rules so massively!

thx for some of the youtubes really great stuff

"seven" is so awesome imo, really talented kids. i could live without the dark imagery but besides that im all for em...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    noz said:

The Internet has told me that there's a large amount of pre Nostalgia Ultra music from Ocean under the name Lonny Breaux, seems like quite a bit is produced by Midi Mafia, no doubt from his Def Jam days. I'm expecting it to be more traditional R&B then Nostalgia but anyone checked it out yet?

Junior said:
    noz said:

The Internet has told me that there's a large amount of pre Nostalgia Ultra music from Ocean under the name Lonny Breaux, seems like quite a bit is produced by Midi Mafia, no doubt from his Def Jam days. I'm expecting it to be more traditional R&B then Nostalgia but anyone checked it out yet?

I have 60-70 tracks including nostalgia/ULTRA and the features on Blackenedwhite. There's a zip file of 'em all somewhere out there. It included a few songs that weren't actually him. I haven't heard 'em all yet but I liked what I've heard so far and didn't think it sounded *too* traditional R&B. I will say "The City" (about New Orleans) is a standout. I'm far from an expert on the story behind these so maybe a more informed person can speak on 'em.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Herm said:
    Junior said:
    noz said:

I have 60-70 tracks including nostalgia/ULTRA and the features on Blackenedwhite. There's a zip file of 'em all somewhere out there. It included a few songs that weren't actually him. I haven't heard 'em all yet but I liked what I've heard so far and didn't think it sounded *too* traditional R&B. I will say "The City" (about New Orleans) is a standout. I'm far from an expert on the story behind these so maybe a more informed person can speak on 'em.

Thanks Herm, I've not quite reached the point of laziness where I wouldn't bother getting free music anyway but useful to know what to expect as didn't want to have my dreams crushed upon playing and found this on his site as well:

alrite. alrite. let???s get this out in the open. the only songs that i, myself, frank ocean, have ever released are??????pyrite???, ???acura integurl??? & of course the songs included on ???nostalgia, ultra???. all other songs are on the internet as a result of record industry email hacks/leaks that happened some years back. several of these songs i had no hand in writing. i only laid reference vox on em because i was being paid. the rest are incomplete ideas, reference songs that were sent out for placement on other artists. records that were never intended to represent me. notwithstanding, i am a chill bro. as well as a sage/zen master in training. so im not angry or anything. i just had to let it at least be known. enjoy.

Considering I'm a fan of his voice anyway then certainly worth checking out. Will grab it this week and give it a listen through.

• Frank Ocean ??? The Lonny Breaux Collection

http://hulkshare.com/xkf40264mhb5

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    i remember seeing these dudes skate and rehearse around where i lived in mid-city about two years ago. always had a feeling they were going to blow up. Lafayette Square high society on blast. hahaha.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• AndreBretonAndreBreton 344 Posts
    bonzaisk8 said:
    i remember seeing these dudes skate and rehearse around where i lived in mid-city about two years ago. always had a feeling they were going to blow up. Lafayette Square high society on blast. hahaha.

I ain't been there for a minute haha. i need a skate session

Anybody else disappointed by Goblin? Dude had a lot to live up to what with Bastard plus all the hype.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    hardly anyone can live up the internet hype it appears. it's brutal!

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    I guess I can't dismiss it yet, but I'm looking forward to this less and less.
    From what others say it sounds like Yonkers and a few others are all thats good.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I think it's great as far as teenage angst raps go. If I was 13 with issues it'd be in constant rotation.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    jjfad027 said:
    I think it's great as far as teenage angst raps go. If I was 13 with issues it'd be in constant rotation.

i hear that...as much as i can listen to tyler rap, the subject matter and the beats do zero for me at all.