The Return of Odd Future

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Where is this from? Who wrote it?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    it was an online XXL piece by Byron Crawford that was taken down almost immediately after being posted.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Thank You.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yonkers is such a dope song.

mp3 of that yet?

• That article posted above is a piece of used toilet paper.

jaymack said:
    mp3 of that yet?

What, this?

Download Yonkers - Tyler The Creator

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I think Crawford's core idea has more than a little merit, but man, that article is pretty bad.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Copped it off of Amazon.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i haven't made up my mind about these guys but at this stage i am so sick of hearing about them that i don't care either way. just sayin!

Cosmo said:
    Copped it off of Amazon.

thanks. copped.

• Martin said:
    people who read XXL ??? illiterate children, people in prison, men who like women of jurassic proportions (short arms and everything)

LOL!

• re that article - so much of the content so wrong, but weirdly enough the style of the writing seemed to enact odd future's whole message so well. He out odd futured oddfuture and then nozified himself to diss nos. all in all i think this shit has now gone too post-modern for me to unravel with my feeble brain.

"In fact, Nozologist that I am (nullus), I seem to recall him trying to bone up on Insane Clown Posse a while, for the purposes of contrarianism I???m sure, but he probably couldn???t bring himself to go through with it, because their music hit a little too close to home."

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Byron Crawford accusing anyone of contrarianism is pretty LOLtastic, though.

• That article said they were secretly signed by Interscope. Because they are managed by an Interscope exec, that means they are secretly signed, lol?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    So fucking good. Fuck everything, man.

AndreBreton said:
    That article said they were secretly signed by Interscope. Because they are managed by an Interscope exec, that means they are secretly signed, lol?

Yeah, there'd be no conflict of interest there, would there? Besides, majors don't sign acts to keep them a secret.

Like I said earlier, some people are fixated on this idea of the unseen hand being everywhere. Seriously now, if there were enough dudes at the majors who were as far-sighted and as good at marketing as they'd need to be to sucker this many people into swallowing OFWGKTA as a from-the-ground-up thing when it was actually the opposite, does anyone think the industry would be in the fuck-awful state it is right now? C'mon, son.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Best shit I have heard in a very very very long time.

The fucking truth.

OFWGKTA wins.

• Been listening to that Frank Ocean all weekend. I hate how much I love "American Wedding."

Anyone wanna put me up on what the other instrumentals are? I'm guessing that they're all other peoples' beats, but I don't recognize any of them. I read that one is by MGMT, but I don't listen to that kind of music. (No shots.)

strawberry swing is a coldplay song i think
    nature feels is mgmt "electric feel"
    i hear jay-z "f all nite" in "songs for woman"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    Been listening to that Frank Ocean all weekend. I hate how much I love "American Wedding."

Anyone wanna put me up on what the other instrumentals are? I'm guessing that they're all other peoples' beats, but I don't recognize any of them. I read that one is by MGMT, but I don't listen to that kind of music. (No shots.)

I can't get over Strawberry Swing. Is the music an instrumental from something else or just a sample. Either way it's fucking brilliant. The songwriting, lyricism, it's so so so good. Front to back on the whole thing.

I recognize a the MGMT and the Radiohead sample. Other than that...

Cosmo said:

I can't get over Strawberry Swing. Is the music an instrumental from something else or just a sample .

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    jaymack said:
    Cosmo said:

I can't get over Strawberry Swing. Is the music an instrumental from something else or just a sample .

Damn love it, dude is the shit.

Dude even made me like when he's going over The Eagles. Hot to death.

Fucking OFWGKTA wins.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Been loving the Frank Ocean last few days, may just be the combination of the guitar and the vocal style but, beyond the obvious nod to Prince, guy reminds me of early Roachford, in a good way.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

^^^This was pretty damn funny but IMO it cheapens their brand.

• It doesn't cheapen their brand; it shows that they can laugh at themselves. Thanks for posting that, Doc!

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    Cosmo said:

Dude even made me like when he's going over The Eagles. Hot to death.

and he just lets the guitar solo play out haha.
    this album is nuts, i cant stop listening to it.
    i hear the prince connection, but i also here lenny fucking kravitz, but im sure thats just accident (i hope).