DON'T STEP ON MY HEELS - 2.0

Comments

• bassie said:
    wow - yes. I would wear these.
    link? other colours?

http://www.davidz.com/category.cfm/special/EXCLUSIVE

This particular pair is part of the Nexus Project. I guess Sebago teamed up with certain bloggeurs and had them design a pair. The dark red boots I bought and posted a few pages back are part of this project. These had me at the red sole.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    yea, the blue is spectacular, too.

I shouldn't torture myself. They are probably gone, and if not, no way they have it in a woman's 6.5.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

My Shoe Year Resolution begins tomorrow, so one last splurge.

-Timberland Earthkeepers Moc Toe Ankle Boot (Reg $110, I paid $40)
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3099718?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=shoes:men:boots&cm_ite=timberland_earthkeepers(tm

- Florsheim x Duckie Brown Brogue Wingtips (Reg $395, I paid $30. I'll most likely flip these on eBay for a handsome profit 'cause I'm not sure I can pull these off!)
    http://www.zappos.com/florsheim-by-duckie-brown-the-brogue-yellow

- Adidas Samba Mid (Reg $90, I paid $30)
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3104857?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=56

My Shoe Year Resolution:

1. Cut back considerably on new shoes.
    2. For every new pair of shoes I do buy, I will donate at least 2 pair. (I donated 35-40 pairs earlier this year.)
    3. Rotate more frequently. Never wear the same sneaker twice in a row. (At this point, I could follow the same rule with dress/work shoes.)

• I hear you on that, Herm. At this point, all I'm going to do is probably get a pair of Aldens for work (which will probably last me many, many years anyway) and maybe a nice pair of leather boots. After that, it's time to start ditching pretty much everything, except for my Robert Gellers and Lanvins and some beater Pumas for mucking about.

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    Not as fancy as some of the shoes being shown here, but I picked up a pair of these as a Xmas gift to myself yesterday and am pretty happy with them:

They manage to look dressier in person and will fill a nice slot for me between work and casual shoe.

goatboy said:
    Not as fancy as some of the shoes being shown here, but I picked up a pair of these as a Xmas gift to myself yesterday and am pretty happy with them:

They manage to look dressier in person and will fill a nice slot for me between work and casual shoe.

^^BLATANT BATMON BAIT^^

• Recent boot purchases:

Brothers Bray/Sebago Dockworker. Took a minute to wear in but these feel great and the colorway really pops in the fall. Not warm, but waterproof and sturdy.

Sorel Premium T pac boot. Got them as decently fresh shitkickers to deal with the slush and muck that is lower Michigan winter. Warmest, most comfortable boots I've owned.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Herm said:

My Shoe Year Resolution begins tomorrow, so one last splurge.

-Timberland Earthkeepers Moc Toe Ankle Boot (Reg $110, I paid $40)
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3099718?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=shoes:men:boots&cm_ite=timberland_earthkeepers(tm

- Florsheim x Duckie Brown Brogue Wingtips (Reg $395, I paid $30. I'll most likely flip these on eBay for a handsome profit 'cause I'm not sure I can pull these off!)
    http://www.zappos.com/florsheim-by-duckie-brown-the-brogue-yellow

- Adidas Samba Mid (Reg $90, I paid $30)
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3104857?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=56

Feeling those yellow shoes.

I totally just swooned all over myself.

(I've convinced myself that she's holding that cigarette for a friend who had to run to the restroom.)

• Options
    ^^^ those are dance shoes, huh?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I saw these shoes before Christmas and my heart couldn't stop beating. I decided to not get them, but seeing this picture makes me so sad.

I want these SO bad!

why didn't I buy them?!

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I have not bought shoes in 6 months.

Someone moved all the shoes around in the garage and now I can't find half my dress shoes.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Almond said:
    I have not bought shoes in 6 months.

Someone moved all the shoes around in the garage and now I can't find half my dress shoes.

Jerks! ;)

I have resisted in purchasing new shoes as well. I think it has been a month, but that is pretty good for me. Rent is not cheap around these parts.

I still think of those purple leaf and brown heels a lot though. Who would have thought that shoes can do this to a person?!

• this kills me

• Kills you as in, you're dying to know where she got those?

Actually, I think, if styled perfectly, like minus those shoes, that shirt, that necklace, the pants could work for an animation type event. I bet Rihanna, or one of the other more fashion-y starlets, could wear them well.

• And, yes. I'd wear them. Why not?

• Herm said:
    I totally just swooned all over myself.

(I've convinced myself that she's holding that cigarette for a friend who had to run to the restroom.)
    I swoon too. I think the smoke adds to it. Gotta dirty it up. I get exhausted looking at her though. It's hard enough for me to keep my baggy sweats and jeans clean. No way I could achieve that masterpiece.

• brokenrecord said:
    Kills you as in, you're dying to know where she got those?

naw, kills me with laughter. high-water pallazo pants with long skinny legs and wedges are great if you want it to look like you are walking on stilts in a terrible judgment circus.

• some mostly vintage purchases since the last time i posted here

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Damn, Audrey. Did you take those photos? Youre like the photographer who puts glue as milk in the product shots for cereal.

I've been hitting the thrifts around my Mom's place all week:

I actually found some records too, but that's a different thread.

• edith head said:
    some mostly vintage purchases since the last time i posted here

Your taste for these things is impeccable.

• Why I hate being a size 9 woman shoe!!! At least I won't blow over in a gail!

And I can wear cute men's styles. And often cheaper in running shoe store-scam - 'exact' same women's shoes for 20+ more $$.

Academy Awards fashion, anyone? I felt that the poorly written awards show was pretty lackluster and that the fashion was a tad bit uninspiring. I was surprised to see so much white/silver/cream on the red carpet as I didn't realize neutrals got so big all of a sudden. I wasn't surprised by the amount of orange-toned red. I really liked Halle and Hailee in Marchesa, which is one of my favorite designers.

I didn't watch it but from the photos I've seen:

I liked Kunis' look, despite the horrible colour.
    Cate Blanchett came correct as usual.
    Paltrow's dress was stunning, but she didn't do it justice.
    Jennifer Hudson - yikes - amazing dress but that colour!
    Reese Witherspoon's look was really nice - simple and all, but the dress looked like it was out of cheap jersey material.
    ScarJo, Marisa Tomei, Portman - No.
    Michelle Williams - I don't know... I liked it but it was missing something, a bit of colour somewhere would have helped.
    I liked the idea of Melissa Leo's dress, but it was too frumpy, especially from the waist down, a more fitted cut would have worked better. Good neckline and great necklace still.
    I didn't like Halle Berry and Hilary Swank's dresses.

I actually liked Kunis' lilac and lace (I'm going through a purple period).
    Blanchett is getting a lot of flack since she took a risk, but I'm glad she showcased some true art with that Givenchy.
    JHudson looks beautiful, but her dress was a little prom with that tangerine high-gloss satin.
    Jennifer Lawrence looked amazing in her CK dress although it reminds me of a Baywatch swimsuit.
    I'm undecided on Portman. The amethyst tone suits her well, and they def tried to emphasize the bust and neckline to draw attention away from her pregnant figure, but the silhouette was a bit off for me.
    MLeo's dress was poorly executed and ill-fitted.
    Swank looked like a giant, human feather, but not necessarily in a bad way.
    Amy Adams rocked the royal blue, but I feel the hair/makeup looked a little dated with the dress at first glance.
    I agree that Paltrow didn't wear the dress as well as she could have. And I really don't get this overnight country music career of hers.
    Helen Mirren was fantastic in that slate gray.

Eisenberg managed to look awkward as usual, esp. compared to J.Timberlake and Andrew Garfield who looked incredibly suave in comparison.
    Downey's white tie combo was an interesting twist on the traditional.

I was disappointed with Franco for seeming a bit out-of-touch and nonchalant whereas Hathaway was so hyped to be there. I think my Franco crush is dissipating. The writers could have done so much with that pair, but it seemed to fall flat. The digital clips and stuff were pretty good from the parts I watched.

Double.

Was this the thread The September Issue was discussed in? If not, oh well. I finally saw it last night. I enjoyed it but I have to say my favorite interview was with Anna Wintour's daughter basically saying "It's not that serious."

Herm said:
    Was this the thread The September Issue was discussed in? If not, oh well. I finally saw it last night. I enjoyed it but I have to say my favorite interview was with Anna Wintour's daughter basically saying "It's not that serious."

Yes, page 13-14 ish.

I really enjoyed that documentary. I subscribe to Vogue though it is essentially elitist, especially compared to counterparts such as Elle, but it's supposed to be elitist. I enjoy the ads and the spreads and like that even the hair and makeup artists get credited for their work.

The documentary did a great job of capturing the art and attention to detail involved in a single editorial photograph. However, I've never fully accepted Anna's tyranny in the fashion world. She dictates too much and in some cases, throws the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to certain ideas that she's just not digging. She's good at what she does, no doubt, and is the reigning monarch in the fashion world, however, I wonder if we accept her choices with blind faith just because she is Anna Wintour. As for her personality, I feel like Anna is as cold and distant as many of us want to be, but the rest of us feel obligated to smile and act all fake, or should I say "faux" in the spirit of haute couture? I feel fortunate to have watched those interviews with the less esteemed but equally estimable Grace Coddington. Grace is the true artist and genius behind Vogue's spreads and their subsequent influence in the fashion world. She calls herself a dreamer and I have to say, I've always found Vogue editorials to be whimsical and imaginative, which is all Grace. Anna just picks out her favorite photos.