Facebook Pet Peeves

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Breez said:
    Getting invited to parties 6000 miles away, tonight.

did you just diss this thread, only to then jump right in for a swim?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    barjesus said:
    -Promoters that send direct messages

The reason I don't even look at my Facebook mail anymore.

Also: People who post status updates that are just strings of "@blahblahblah"s. If I wanted to read your stupid fucking Twitter feed, I'd go read your stupid fucking Twitter feed, you stupid fuck.

• I want more stuff like this in my newsfeed

• People that update their status or post youtubes about 10-15 times a day, and have 5 likes and 6 comments within in 5 minutes for every update.

People that ONLY post things related to some heavy obsession they are all wrapped up in...one that comes to mind is some girl that belongs to a program or gym where they do extreme/cultish strength training. Every post a picture from the gym or reference to weights or some lingo about a routine they did at 5:30 this am.

People you know who have personal issues/going through it that only post messages or quotes to themselves. i.e. "There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...", blah. Get off that yay homie!

96% of my 'friends' that have no sense of music, art, culture or tha real and have no idea what I am speaking on or sharing--why share at all.

• People over thirty that write statuses etc in "text speak"
    People talking about their diets
    Friends kids who use bad language

i have this one guy, kinda family, so i accepted his wife as a friend, even though i never met her. she would post her excersizes for the day and she was a part of some christian running club or something and would always put up articles and stuff. so i ixnayed her. only to find her husband started posting her posts on his wall. what kinda schitt is that?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    jaymack said:
    Breez said:
    Getting invited to parties 6000 miles away, tonight.

did you just diss this thread, only to then jump right in for a swim?

I didn't diss the thread. I think this thread is on point. I literally meant people that complain about facebook on facebook.

oh and those re-post posts.
    "Repost this if you were born from a vagina"

• jaymack said:
    i have this one guy, kinda family, so i accepted his wife as a friend, even though i never met her. she would post her excersizes for the day and she was a part of some christian running club or something and would always put up articles and stuff. so i ixnayed her. only to find her husband started posting her posts on his wall. what kinda schitt is that?

I literally just signed in as this thread started moving me to check a news feed and this was the first post:

"its official....im registered for my level one crossfit trainer certification in march and crossfit kids certification in April. WOOO WHOOO!"

18 people like this, 7 comments. Get off it mama, I won't be mind controlled.

• a couple of people already nailed it. I would like to add 2 more things

- people from high school or worse, jr high or elementary who add you as a friend and then never send you so much as a message
    -people who post OLLLLDDD youtube videos that everyone has seen a million times... everyone has seen that rapist video !

and I agree with the person who said that most of these problems can be solved by only being "friends" with people you actually like

• People who don't capitalize.
    People who don't know the difference between "than" and "then".

• - Mafia Wars and Farmville schitt.

- People putting 'xxxx' or 'LOL' after every comment.

- Chain jibba jabba like 'If you have received this message then you are truly blessed. God loves you, and there is a halo of beautiful mini ponies and unicorns dancing around your head everywhere you go. Plus your farts smell of roses and CK One. Send this to 10 people or you'll have 15 years of bad luck and loose an arm in a kayaking accident.'

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i recently deleted my account. best 6 weeks of my life since doing it!

• sub-thread:

who here has gotten laid because of or thanks to facebook?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Some others:

People under the age of 18 (my nephews are never off the thing)

People you haven't seen in 20 years... you write a long winded message and no reply

• vintageinfants said:
    sub-thread:

My current girlfriend told me she developed a facebook crush on me before we hooked up. Thanks Facebook!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    People who won't return your phone calls but will "like" your status

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    RAJ said:
    People who won't return your phone calls but will "like" your status

They want to be your friend but won't talk to you in person nor thru messaging.

• vintageinfants said:
    sub-thread:

That's why I spent the Christmas break visiting Los Angeles.

Thank you, FB!!!

• People u never said 1 word to in HS that friended u and u add on some sympathy shit...that when 6 months later u tried to de-friend quitely and they re-friend u within 6hrs. (I feel bad and add back).

People at 30-something that post Wayne 6' lyrics with the N word in full...de-friend. Not on some uptight shit, but more grown shit.

PS. Admit I have hollered at my shit based on photo once without any link xcept friends comments, it paid in full.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I have a facebook friend from highschool who say "peeps" entirely too much.

also people with 10,000 "friends"

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I arrived to FB pretty late in the game, and I've grown pretty weary of it, except that I have one buddy from elementary school who I haven't seen in 20 years, and his FB posts have some solid one-liners. I like the idea that we would still be friends if we lived in the same town.

90% of my posts are music vids, which often help me to keep track of some new songs that I like, but I try to limit my posts to just one per day because I don't want to be a FB spammer.

The worst is the people who post these vague, no-context messages like "It's been too long." Am I supposed to take the bait and ask for clarification? Because I'm sure not gonna.

I guess FB is just the new way for people to be lame and uninteresting. Now get off my lawn!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Oh, is that what you ate for lunch today? Fascinating. And you, wow... you've already caught another cold? How enlightening. And correct, sir, it IS fucking cold out. I agree.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    - Mafia Wars and Farmville schitt.

- People putting 'xxxx' or 'LOL' after every comment.

- Chain jibba jabba like 'If you have received this message then you are truly blessed. God loves you, and there is a halo of beautiful mini ponies and unicorns dancing around your head everywhere you go. Plus your farts smell of roses and CK One. Send this to 10 people or you'll have 15 years of bad luck and loose an arm in a kayaking accident.'

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    what happened to the slow burner graemlin

• button said:
    Oh, is that what you ate for lunch today? Fascinating. And you, wow... you've already caught another cold? How enlightening. And correct, sir, it IS fucking cold out. I agree.

Also, the previously mentioned days schedule. "Woke up, p90x'd (burned X calories doing Y exercise omg!), work, drinks with my baby!" I think livejournal is still around if you feel the need to tell the internet what you did today.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    www.lamebook.com

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    A lot that was already mentioned in this thread, plus:

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/humor/201001/scary-facebook-friends-profiles#slide=1

Esecially these two:

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    sub-thread:

I meet my GF on Facebook....(although she may soon become my ex)...