• elise said:
    jaymack said:
    not. watching.that.
    X-(

I know it's bogus. }:)

(Yes, I just said bogus.)

B ( o ) ( o ) bies.

• elise said:
    This. drives. me. nuts. Some people that don't give it up, too. Creepy.

i can't stand that either, really more of a Twitter pet peeve, particularly when someone with interesting opinions and intelligent insights dashes something off like

Best. Smoothie. Ever.

• Duderonomy said:
    Getting facebook spam invites, messages and assorted bullshit to my email WHEN I'M NOT EVEN ON FACEBOOK.

Duder, there's an account setting that kills allathat.

• how does one filter out all foursquare updates? i really don't care that you're the mayor of the colon hydrotherapy store.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    herbacios tweed said:
    how does one filter out all foursquare updates? i really don't care that you're the mayor of the colon hydrotherapy store.

Awesome. You just click next to their status and block all foursquare updates. I did that sh!t.

• jaymack said:
    just a small selection of one of this persons photo albums, there are hundreds more in this style

who does that?

they are all headshots too, which makes me think she is hiding a biggish body. not that there's anything wrong with that, just kinda reminds me of myspace photo trickery

• elise said:

snOMG!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Yeah she ia big boned. You dont put portraits of ur teeth om fb? Lolll
    What i dont get is that she has a man, so why is she out there like that? The hope of a moddeling agency bumping into her

• Ahahahhaa. I just noticed the teeth photo. That's pretty weird.

jaymack said:
    this is the current re-post thats hot.

...is EXPECTING AGAIN!! I know, I know, it's crazy isn't it? I can't believe it myself. I wasn't going to put it on here because it's obvious but wanted to make it official. I mean who would have guessed that we are expecting AGAIN!! Yup it's official.. We are expecting *SNOW* today and AGAIN tomorrow!! **Re-post if you have any sense of humor

and here it goes lmao

wisdom god. facebook is so inspirational. this is a dude who always posts about goin to the gym, and tanning, and he plays poker online for a "living"
    so naturally he says some pretty profound schit

i love how he tries to cover his dumb ass

• edith head said:

- when the same person has to comment on every wall post you post on a mutual friend's because it appears in their feed

In a somewhat related situation, I recently commented on a wall-to-wall (between 2 friends) post that appeared in my feed. One of the dudes got a little bugged on a "mind ya biz!' tip. My justification is/was 1) "It's on MY feed! Take it to the PM!" and 2) if I saw 2 folks I know talking in the street, I'ma stop by and say what's up.

I have to come to grips that internet stuff is different then real world stuff to a lot of people.

• Herm said:
    edith head said:

- when the same person has to comment on every wall post you post on a mutual friend's because it appears in their feed

In a somewhat related situation, I recently commented on a wall-to-wall (between 2 friends) post that appeared in my feed. One of the dudes got a little bugged on a "mind ya biz!' tip. My justification is/was 1) "It's on MY feed! Take it to the PM!" and 2) if I saw 2 folks I know talking in the street, I'ma stop by and say what's up.

I have to come to grips that internet stuff is different then real world stuff to a lot of people.
    I wouldn't freak out on someone, but I do find it annoying behavior if repeated often, hence pet peeve. To me it's like someone constantly interrupting others' conversations. lots of people like myself ignore PMs on facebook or don't check it often because it's become overun with promoter spam.

heh, having manners and exercising restraint/good judgment are alright qualities to have in the real world too. it's fine for you in the real world in your opinion to walk up to some people talking on the street and say hi, but from their perspective it could very well be "great, here come that obnoxious loudmouth again!"

i guess i should have pointed out in my original post that although i consider this person a friend, this repeat offender has a tendency to be annoying and lacks self-awareness when it comes to these things

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I can understand both sides, but it is a social network. It shouldn't be shocking when someone chimes in on your feed.

What a weird sentence.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Ugh. (on my feed)

Can someone really be that dumb?!

• elise said:
    I can understand both sides, but it is a social network. It shouldn't be shocking when someone chimes in on your feed..

naw, not shocking, but could very easily become annoying. yeah, they give you the ability to comment on these wall to wall posts, but they also give event organizers the ability to blow up your mailbox and the ability for farmville/mafia wars players to send game invites to everyone at once as many times as they want. this is where the restraint/good judgment thing comes in.

• I imagine ladies have to deal with that type of stuff way more often than us dudes. To me it seems like dudes do that to make themselves more noticeable. Like "maybe if I keep commenting SHE'LL friend request ME." Silly and lame, but once in awhile I eventually see "so & so is now friends with so & so" so I guess it works sometimes.

One of my pet peeves that may or may not be related to this one, is when someone I know says something directed towards another friend of mine, yet they don't know each other. Sometimes it facilitates good conversation, but in all honesty none of my silly statuses (statii?) warrants anything beyond a "shut up" or a "you're stupid, Herm." What's worse is when one friend disrespects another friend (that they don't know) out of nowhere. Joking or not, that sh*t* puts me in an awkward position.

*I'm sure my * in bad words is a pet peeve to some folks. I'm still not sure why I self-censor myself online like that.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I can let most of this stuff slide, but the ONE thing I can't stand is:

Person A: "Party tonight at CLUB ABCDEFG!"
    Person B's reply: "yo where's the party?"

Read muhfucka!

• People that cannot post anything but subversive rants about every single thing that exists. What ever happened to looking at life in a positive light?

• Options
    There are people who look at life in a positive light.

• See how they've rubbed off on me?

• Options
    Hehe... If I had a facebook I'd request your friendship.

But I'll tell you this, we don't need no stage blocks when I take pictures . I'm lik: turn, point, clikshhh, turn again, point chaching, and again wwhaashoo...

How would you describe that; serenvipiously (or some crazy word that kinda sounds like that and starts with an "s".

WE DON'T NEED NO STAGE BLOCKS ROUND HERE!!!