The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• RAJ said:
    LOL at all these Seahawk "fans".

Still standing as strong as we were after the 05-06 Super Bowl. I mean, these guys are far from desirable as a bandwagon team.[/quote

We ain't heard much from y'all til now is all.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Congrats, Seattle. One more win and you can reach .500.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    OOF!

That is all.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    It's crazy how Tracy Porter was involved in the biggest play of the Saints' final postseason games of 2010 and '11, but with drastically different consequences.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    People around here are talking about how this is definitive proof that Carroll is a genius and Marshawn Lynch is Jim Brown.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    Carroll is a genius

:comedy_gold:

• Options
    dukeofdelridge said:
    People around here are talking about how this is definitive proof that Carroll is a genius and Marshawn Lynch is Jim Brown.

I think Jim Carroll would have been a better NFL coach than Pete Carroll.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    dukeofdelridge said:
    Carroll is a genius

Seriously. That win is more like an indication that the talent is there in Seattle, but Carroll can't coach them into anything close to their potential to save his life.

• DB_Cooper said:
    an indication that the talent is there in Seattle

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    RAJ said:
    LOL at all these Seahawk "fans".

Still standing as strong as we were after the 05-06 Super Bowl. I mean, these guys are far from desirable as a bandwagon team.[/quote

We ain't heard much from y'all til now is all.

The run is better with Super Mario Bros. sound effects:

• Options
    Lynch's TD run shook area around Qwest Field
    January 10, 2011 02:53 PM EST | AP

SEATTLE ??? Marshawn Lynch's 67-yard touchdown run that clinched Seattle's upset of New Orleans in the first round of the NFL playoffs may be remembered for more than the half-dozen or so broken tackles.

It shook Qwest Field and the ground around the stadium ??? literally.

John Vidale, director of the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network, says that a seismic monitoring station about 100 yards west of the stadium registered seismic activity during Lynch's fourth-quarter run that clinched Seattle's 41-36 victory.

Vidale says he was inspired to look at the seismic graphs after watching a video posted on the Internet from the upper deck of the stadium and noticed the shaking as Lynch completed his TD run.

Vidale says the shaking lasted about 30 seconds and then faded off for another minute.

his tweets are craze.

soulstrut-related

I laughed out loud every time someone would say "BEAST MODE" with Marshawn Lynch. Dude really ran some of the softest runs I've ever seen this season, which makes that one on Saturday even more amazing. WTF.

Anyways, obviously, Seahawks will kill the Bears, fucking up the "change the playoffs" discussion once again, from "you gotta be a winning team" to the current "okay, well if you're not a winning team you can't host a playoff game" to something else.

What's with the new OT scoring rules, too? Why are we switching to these now, instead of at the start of the season? Weird league.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Phill With 2 Ls said:

JETS over COLTS - I expect the Jets' defense to put their best foot forward against Peyton and the Colts... Rex will make his players toe the line, they won't be pussyfooting around when they go into the RCA Dome today. Indianapolis just doesn't have enough healthy firepower to deFEET the Jets and... ok, that's enough.

Wes Welker must've read my one correct prediction here on SS last week-

Now Bart Scott is threatening to end his career over the pedial humor... "good little foot soldiers" LOL

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    BTW, I got the Steelers, Packers, Bears and JETS this weekend... Steelers with Ben Ruthlessbanger pretty much own the Ravens (not saying it will be easy, though... it'll be another war), Packers should've beet the Falcons when they played earler this season and GB is better now than they were then, the Bears should win by a score of something like 44-7 (when Seattle loses they lose big), and I think the Jets will do what the Browns did and NEVER set their defense before the ball snaps, so Tom Brady will never know what defense is coming at them (which is how you counter a team that has tapes of all your practices). My team is done so I don't really care who wins, let's just see some good football.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Today's predictions:

Steelers over Ravens - For a dog fight, we have a TON of rest. I think B-more is going to give Flacco the reigns today and against us this is going to be a mistake.

Pats over Jets - Kind of tempted on the upset special because I do believe the Jets have had a season of destiny... but the Jets cannot score like the Pats can.

Packers over the Falcons - Winner of this game is Superbowl bound. The fact that the Packers go their running game going ='s win.

Bears over Seahawks - I know the Seahawks won earlier in the season, but that was during the Cutler sack crisis. Peppers breaks Hassel'sback.

• Options
    Phill With 2 Ls said:
    I think the Jets will do what the Browns did and NEVER set their defense before the ball snaps, so Tom Brady will never know what defense is coming at them (which is how you counter a team that has tapes of all your practices).

Blah blah blah.

Steelers > Ravens. The Raven offense lacks speed and imagination. The D gives them a puncher's chance to win, but they're not as good overall as the Steelers' D, and Roethlisberger can take a beating. I hope it's a good one so he's still limping next week, but I can't see Flacco outplaying him here. (Ray Rice puking his guts out yesterday can't help, either.)

Packers > Falcons. I doubt we'll see a continuation of the "new Pack running game" here. But unless the Falcons get a lot more aggressive on offense I think Rodgers puts more points on the board than Ryan does. The Packers have a better secondary.

Bears > Seahawks. Lynch can't run through the Bears like he did through the Saints. I despise Jay Cutler and would love to see an upset here but I don't think Hasselbeck can follow the best game of his career with a similar one. Not on the road against a strong defense, anyway.

Patriots > Jets. Fuck Buddy Ryan Jr. and his pathetic excuse for a quarterback. After this game Ryan can spend the offseason making Dr. Scholl's commercials and Antonio Cromartie can spend it making child support payments. Mark Sanchez can spend it wondering if McNabb or Vince Young (hah!) will be brought in to "compete" for his job. And the Patriots will have 3 of the top 33 picks to reload with and increase the distance between the 2 teams. I give Buddy Jr. one more year before Jests fans are calling for his head.

• Ravens
    Packers
    Bears
    J-E-T-S

Brady must go down and he must go down hard. I like BB and most everything about the Pats but I don't like Tom Brady cos after the game he wear a Tom Brady hat and not a Patriots hat. Geico caveman with no INTS and shit. Fuck that. C'mon you dirty fat freak....you can gameplan this pretty-boy!!!! Mostly though, if Drew ain't shinin I don't want #18 or #12 shinin'. Let Flacco or Cutty or some bum like that get a Dilfer-esque ring.

Best NFL weekend of the year, enjoy it fellas.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    wow, people must REALLY hate the Patriots if they'll root for a team of lousy douche bags like the Jets to beat them. Haters gonna hate, but Patriots gonna win. you. must. deal.

• Options
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Ravens
    Packers
    Bears
    J-E-T-S

Brady must go down and he must go down hard. I like BB and most everything about the Pats but I don't like Tom Brady cos after the game he wear a Tom Brady hat and not a Patriots hat. Geico caveman with no INTS and shit. Fuck that. C'mon you dirty fat freak....you can gameplan this pretty-boy!!!! Mostly though, if Drew ain't shinin I don't want #18 or #12 shinin'. Let Flacco or Cutty or some bum like that get a Dilfer-esque ring.

Damn, the Saints loss knocked so much gray matter out of your head that you're typing like Noz.

I doubt you'd bet a warm flat Natty Ice on the Jests if you were in your right mind.

It sure is the best NFL weekend, though. I'm all revved up.

Epic Fumble Fail by the Steelers.

:hated_it:

• BobDesperado said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Ravens
    Packers
    Bears
    J-E-T-S

Damn, the Saints loss knocked so much gray matter out of your head that you're typing like Noz.

I doubt you'd bet a warm flat Natty Ice on the Jests if you were in your right mind.

Brady. Must. Lose. That is all.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Keomatu late hit fumble karma.

• GenePontecorvo said:
    BobDesperado said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Ravens
    Packers
    Bears
    J-E-T-S

Brady. Must. Lose. That is all.

Sweep the leg, Brian!

• Uh-Oh!

The momentum might be about to swing here....

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Flacco needs to have 100 reps per practice of getting rid of the ball when he is hopelessly under pressure.

NOT going away quietly.

• Who is Antonio Brown?

WOW

GenePontecorvo said:
    Who is Antonio Brown?

WOW

FUCKING KEMOATU