The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    RAJ said:
    FUCKING KEMOATU

One of the worst collapses in sports history I have ever seen.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Holy. Fucking. Shit.

It was like the Steelers were trying to give the game away in the first half. And then....

Also: How does it taste, Terrell Suggs? Is it well-flavored crow for you?

• Ravens gotta be sick with themselves....what a meltdown

• DJ_Enki said:

Scoreboard, I know, but dude....Suggs wasn't one of the reasons the Ravens lost. That dude was Beasting all game long.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    DJ_Enki said:

Scoreboard, I know, but dude....Suggs wasn't one of the reasons the Ravens lost. That dude was Beasting all game long.

He was for sure. But he was also the one popping off during the week, so....

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Steelers: i know it's after the fact but trust my money was on The Steelers....Baltimore hasn't put together 4 good qtrs all season....Tomlin with 2 weeks to prepare was a lock

Falcons: GB has no business being in the playoffs

Jets: Nothing against The pats but a team full of kids,no names and waiver dudes won't beat The Jets in a game this big......too many vets on New York's squad

Seahawks: Cutler is a mess

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Why must we endure yet another Joe Buck called game on Fox

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    RAJ said:

Nothing worse than listening to a baseball dude trying to call a football game......Buck is in love with the sound of his own voice

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    As a newbie to the sport, I can't tell you how frustrating it is watching Fox coverage.
    They tell me nothing, they show me nothing, I learn nothing.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Steelers: i know it's after the fact but trust my money was on The Steelers....Baltimore hasn't put together 4 good qtrs all season....Tomlin with 2 weeks to prepare was a lock

Give it a rest. You can't dominate a team more than we did in the first half. It appears the Steelers had a shamrock shoved up their ass at half time. Two unforced errors in the red zone gave that game away. We did everything in our power to lose that game. Anquan dropped a td, Tj drops a first down, blown coverage on 3 and 19. I could go on and on. Ravens sucked and good on Pittsburgh for taking advantage of our mistakes. But no one is buying that Tomlin did anything to win that game.

I'm suddenly a Jets fan!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    RAJ said:

• Options
    DrWu said:
    You can't dominate a team more than we did in the first half.

Of course you can.

If your offense can play, too.

BobDesperado said:
    DrWu said:

Of course you can.

The Ravens finished with only 126 total net yards of offense, the second-lowest total allowed by the Steelers in the playoffs after the 123 Minnesota managed in Super Bowl IX. The Ravens had 28 yards of offense in the second half.

• bassie said:
    As a newbie to the sport, I can't tell you how frustrating it is watching Fox coverage.
    They tell me nothing, they show me nothing, I learn nothing.

I've been spoiled by the years of listening to Madden and Summerall as a kid. It is odd to hear Joe Buck, but I think that Aikman is slowly starting to grow. And that takes a lot for me to say seeing as how I rooted for him to get injured every time my Skins played him.

Oh, and this Packers-Falcons game is looking much like the first time they played.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Jets - Pats

If only it was possible for both teams to lose....that would be great.

• I take that back. This Packers-Falcons game is crazy. Tramon Williams is showing why he should've been in the Pro Bowl. Clay Matthews is getting free-reign over Matty Ice. Charles Woodson is getting in on the action. Crazy, I say.

Oh, and the Jets will bring down The Empire.

The NFC Championship was last week (Pack vs. Eagles)

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Jets - Pats

If only it was possible for both teams to lose....that would be great.
    You're from NY? Cmon son.
    ATL is gettin that ass whipped.

• Well, Atlanta can look forward to being the best team in the NFC again next year, only to watch the infrastructure of their offense collapse after a bye in the playoffs. This is ridiculous. Three turnovers?!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The_Non said:

You're from Western MA? Cmon son.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Joe Buck said that Aaron Rodgers can score with his mind.
    HIS MIND.
    Arm, legs, MIND.

That's pretty good.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    The_Non said:

You're from Western MA? Cmon son.

I'm from NY homeslice.

• It saddens me to know that Alex Gonzalez will never win a Super Bowl. Sometimes close, but OH SO FAR.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    It saddens me to know that Alex Gonzalez will never win a Super Bowl. Sometimes close, but OH SO FAR.

Hey,

Actually, his name is Tony Gonzalez, but still, the sentiment you conveyed is sad. He's one of the great tight ends of all time. I've said from day one that the 'Pack was dangerous given their nasty defense, and Aaron Rodgers being a beast.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_Stacks said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    It saddens me to know that Alex Gonzalez will never win a Super Bowl. Sometimes close, but OH SO FAR.

Hey,

Actually, his name is Tony Gonzalez, but still, the sentiment you conveyed is sad. He's one of the great tight ends of all time. I've said from day one that the 'Pack was dangerous given their nasty defense, and Aaron Rodgers being a beast.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Thanks for the correction. I think I was thinking of Alex Rodriguez and Tony Gonzalez and mixed the first names up. But yeah, Gonzalez is a sure-fire Hall Of Famer, but without that ring I'm sure it'll haunt him for some time.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Jets: Nothing against The pats but a team full of kids,no names and waiver dudes won't beat The Jets in a game this big......too many vets on New York's squad

I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, but those "waiver dudes" dominated the league this year. I'd put my money on the scrappy white dudes on New England before I'd trust the vets on New York who got beat down 45-3 a month ago.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    RAJ said:
    BobDesperado said:
    DrWu said:

Of course you can.

The Ravens finished with only 126 total net yards of offense, the second-lowest total allowed by the Steelers in the playoffs after the 123 Minnesota managed in Super Bowl IX. The Ravens had 28 yards of offense in the second half.

It's kind of hard to rack up yards when your starting in the other teams red zone, scoring off of fumbles or when you turn the ball over in the red zone three times in 10 minutes on unforced errors. Birk hiked the ball of his bungle hole for god's sake. We did not deserve to win that game in any way (not when you drop TDs or first down catches with a minute to go or let a 58yd bomb go by you on 3 and 19) but let's not get too excited about the play of the Steelers. They looked stiff and unimaginative much like they did in our other meetings this year. Good luck next week. Go Seahawks.

• incompletejigsaw said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Thanks for the correction. I think I was thinking of Alex Rodriguez and Tony Gonzalez and mixed the first names up. But yeah, Gonzalez is a sure-fire Hall Of Famer, but without that ring I'm sure it'll haunt him for some time.

This post is so awesome for so many reasons.