The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Horseleech said:

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Hey dudes, what's up in this thread? Oh right, hattin on the Pats. Well, I understand. It's like that Yankee hatt???part of the human condition is rooting for the underdog, and the Pats have been the...overdog I guess you could say, for quite some time. I'm not mad.

But I will say this: the Jets are a team of talented high draft picks with big names. The Pats have a sixth-round pick as their quarterback and a bunch of dudes who could be working at your local construction site. But football is a team game that requires a sound game plan, excellent coaching, an on-field general that can execute the plan, and 50-odd guys that put executing their role above any consideration of individual achievement. I'll take Belichik, Brady, and a bunch of dudes who'll say "sir yes sir", know their role every down, and come to play over any team on the planet, every time.

I got a shitload of wangs ready to pop in the oven, and I hope you dudes enjoy today's games as much as I do. One thing we can agree on? Football is one of the finer things in life. I fucking love this game.

Nervous yet, Pats fans?

:micro:

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    CHUNG

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Nervous yet, Pats fans?

:micro:

Wangs

• solid half jets.
    2nd half vs. pats is always tougher once they review your signals at halftime

• Even with a 14-3 lead, I know that the Jets won't be satisfied with the first half. After that interception they should've scored at least a field goal. And that first possession they had they went all the way to midfield. Had they continued on they could've gotten into field goal range.

As for that New York Times poster, they should've made Bellichick The Emperor and Brady Vader. Who would've been Boba Fett, though?! Woodhead?!

• the Pats are gift wrapping another SB appearance for the Steelers here.....fuckin Steelers

• Horseleech said:

Who's the father NOW, Bellichick?!

JETS coming to town! I think I saw Tom shed a couple tears. PRICELESS!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I guess the gameplan of arrogance didn't work huh?

Pats still haven't won a super bowl since getting caught cheating.

• RAJ said:
    JETS coming to town! I think I saw Tom shed a couple tears. PRICELESS!

Seeing Bellichick with his head bowed down in defeat is another priceless moment for me as well.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    well, haters, you got what you wanted. the classless trash talking ego-maniacal Jets have defeated the "evil" Patriots and go back to the AFC Championship game. Why everyone was so gung-ho for a Jets-Steelers game I have no idea, but enjoy it. Great game by the Jets today, near-perfect and just a couple of slips from the Pats was all it took to blow their best chance at a Super Bowl in years. Go Pats, thanks for a great regular season but what the fuck is up with this team in the playoffs these days?

Patriots since losing the Super Bowl in 2008:

Regular Season: 35 - 13

Playoffs: 0-2

:nagl:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    SO SATISFYING.

Brady's petulant expression was priceless.

I can't wait til I actually understand this game through and through.
    Football rules.

bassie said:

wow, even people who have no idea what they are talking about are hating.

live it up! The Jets are so cool! they swear and stuff!

SoulOnIce said:
    bassie said:

wow, even people who have no idea what they are talking about are hating.

live it up! The Jets are so cool! they swear and stuff!

This shouldn't surprise you.....Brady and Bellichick are not likeable guys.....

Just like Big Ben, Rex Ryan and Jerry Jones.

Their fans love them and everyone else HATES them.

I just don't get what makes the Jets so much more likeable than the Pats.

I understand that people are sick of the Pats, Brady's a pretty boy, etc ... but for Christ's sake it's the JETS! They are the worst collection of thugs, crybabies, fat slobs and trash talkers the NFL has seen on one team in years. I give them all the credit in the world for their win - they earned it and deserved it. I just don't get how everybody is rooting for them ... any other team vs the Pats I guess I could see ... but the JETS?!

• Sorry about the loss, SoI. I don't hate the Pats at all. Not a big Brady guy for sure, but I respect the game. Even some of your own fans self-applied the "empire" term. There are nothing but bad guys left in the AFC....so it's like pick your poison really. Rapists versus Perverts for the AFC trophy.

• SoulOnIce said:

I understand that people are sick of the Pats, Brady's a pretty boy, etc ... but for Christ's sake it's the JETS! They are the worst collection of thugs, crybabies, fat slobs and trash talkers the NFL has seen on one team in years. I give them all the credit in the world for their win - they earned it and deserved it. I just don't get how everybody is rooting for them ... any other team vs the Pats I guess I could see ... but the JETS?!

Everyone's got their different reasons for liking the Jets. To call them a collection of thugs might be too much. Yeah, they have characters who have been on the wrong side of the tracks, but thugs?! Hmm. I like the Jets because they're almost the antithesis of a football team. They're loud, obnoxious and oft-times crude, but that's what makes their team so watchable. Plus, I love how they play for their coach. He puts himself on the frontlines saying his team will back him up, and more times than not they do. I don't see how you CAN'T not like the Jets. Or at least like WATCHING them.

• GenePontecorvo said:
    There are nothing but bad guys left in the AFC....so it's like pick your poison really. Rapists versus Perverts for the AFC trophy.

Some people are just bitter. Oh, gad are some people just bitter. Admit it. You guys really want the Jets to win because you know that Media Day will be like Christmas.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Do I need to know about the sport to know what is enjoyable to watch?

Do I need to know how to read music to know what sounds good to my ear?

I find Vick's actions despicable, but I can't deny that it watching him throw a ball is a thing of beauty.

I have no idea about histories, crybabies, shit-talking (other than my own) and all that extraneous stuff. I have no alliances and no particular hate. I saw all kinds of expressions this weekend and his was petulant. Sorry your team lost.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Pats are like the Lakers. Nobody outside of LA likes the Lakers, and nobody outside of New England likes the Pats. For the Lakers, the reason is Kobe. For the Pats, I'd say the reason is Belichick. The Pats have a good group of players and they play hard, I just hope they lose because of Belichick and because I'm from NY. I don't think my opinion is an isolated one.

• Options
    Ah, fuck it. The Patriots didn't deserve to win this one, but once they got it to 14-11 I really thought they would pull it out.

Their inability to pressure Sanchez did them in, along with the single worst call of Belichick's career. THAT FUCKING STUPID FAKE PUNT WITH ONE FUCKING MINUTE LEFT IN THE FIRST FUCKING HALF.

You're down 4 and you'll have the ball back to start the second half. To pull that shit with Chung who probably hasn't carried the ball from high school was just ridiculous.

Kudos to the Jets and their greasy fans. And I'll say this - if the Jets go through Manning and Brady and Roethlisberger on the road and then beat Rodgers in the Super Bowl, that will be the most impressive Super Bowl run I can remember. I'll be shocked if it happens, but they've earned the shot.

FUCKING FAKE PUNT?

SoulOnIce said:

I was hoping that they would both lose.....rooting for Ryan to beat Bellichick is like rooting for Lucifer to beat Satan.

• comeonnow rock.

personally, im a buddy ryan fan. so im already predisposed toward appreciation when it comes to his boys. id trade Reid for either of them in a heartbeat.

regardless...huge win for the jets. patriots and brady looked mortal

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    SoulOnIce said:

I was hoping that they would both lose.....rooting for Ryan to beat Bellichick is like rooting for Lucifer to beat Satan.

The sad part is that in 3 weeks 20,000 dudes from New Jersey might invade Texas and actually class up the place.

A little.

More likely it will be 25,000 guys from Pittsburgh who will class up the place a lot.

But I'm not bitter.

BobDesperado said:

The sad part is that in 3 weeks 20,000 dudes from New Jersey might invade Texas and actually class up the place.

A little.

More likely it will be 25,000 guys from Pittsburgh who will class up the place a lot.

But I'm not bitter.

This is what a lot of people don't understand about Texas.....

In the last 35 years over a million people have come here from places like New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

And they stayed.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:

A little.

But I'm not bitter.

This is what a lot of people don't understand about Texas.....

In the last 35 years over a million people have come here from places like New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

And they stayed.

Yeah, I know.

Maybe someday Texas will reach a tipping point due to all of you transplants.

There's reason to hope. Unfortunately a lot of Oklahomans move there, too. Hey, any chance you guys can build a danged fence between you and them?