The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• J-E-T-S Jets! OMG :game_over:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Everything Jerry Jones does is shit.....he should have left Hank Hill as the coach, finished 1-15 and taken the draft picks....instead they'll go 5-11, not make the playoffs and get a #10 pick instead of 1 or 2.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    :lalala:
    Attached files

• debardebar 215 Posts
    RAJ said:
    :lalala:

Haha this was hilarious! I need something to look forward to for the rest of the year since the Chiefs have played like crap the last 3 weeks. Let's renew this Bronco rivalry!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Phill With 2 Ls said:

STEELERS over PATS - I expect defensive DOMINANCE tonight by the Steel Curtain 2010

oops.

don't feel bad, nobody had the Pats. not putting up 39 they didn't.

• SoulOnIce said:
    Phill With 2 Ls said:

STEELERS over PATS - I expect defensive DOMINANCE tonight by the Steel Curtain 2010

oops.

I mean, they lost to the Browns in week 9 you know. But Brady sure as hell owns the Steelers, fuck. That was an entertaining fourth quarter though. I can't wait to see them verses the Colts this week.

I actually called very few games this week, but I did have the Bills. The Broncos were another team that surprised me. There was a chick at the bar who was having an orgasm every time they scored, she was a total screamer, it was sort of funny.

The Giants game was fucking painful, giving up one big play after the other. I thought we had a chance at the end but then they called back the Nicks touchdown and I knew it was over. There was not enough Maker's Mark at the bar to numb the pain. If Kitna and Bryant tore up our secondary, I can only fear what Vick and Jackson are going to do to us next week.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:

The Giants game was fucking painful, giving up one big play after the other. I thought we had a chance at the end but then they called back the Nicks touchdown and I knew it was over. There was not enough Maker's Mark at the bar to numb the pain. If Kitna and Bryant tore up our secondary, I can only fear what Vick and Jackson are going to do to us next week.

YOOOOOO!!! I was going to send you some salt-in-the-wound texts, but I got distracted by watching my boy Miles Austin put me over the top in the Soulstrut fantasy league. STILL NUMBER ONE DAWGS.

:beerbang:

• RAJ said:
    Mike Thomas Hail Mary - Gus Johnson on the Call!

:woah:

• DB_Cooper said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

YOOOOOO!!! I was going to send you some salt-in-the-wound texts

Haha, I was sort of expecting them to be honest, although I was pretty cordial when the Browns took it to you guys last week. Actually none of my friends who are Cowboys fans let me have it, I was expecting them to come with the brutality, but didn't hear so much as a peep, the silence was deafening.

Garcia_Vega said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

YOOOOOO!!! I was going to send you some salt-in-the-wound texts

Haha, I was sort of expecting them to be honest, although I was pretty cordial when the Browns took it to you guys last week. Actually none of my friends who are Cowboys fans let me have it, I was expecting them to come with the brutality, but didn't hear so much as a peep, the silence was deafening.

Crossing over with the Simpsons thread, [Ralph Wiggums]I'm embarrassed for you![/Ralph Wiggums]

• Todd Haley is a total douche. Really dude? Stop somebody, quit cryin.

He know his team is this year's version of last year's Broncos. Raiders or Bolts will win that division. I'm still going w/ my PS pick of the Raiders.

SoulOnIce said:
    Phill With 2 Ls said:

oops.

Yeah wow... so much to be said about that game. You caught us flat footed on a short week and pretty banged up. Kudos.

With that being said, my ire for Brady has multiplied x 1000 after watching him gloat during that game... hope we can wipe that gay caveman grin off his face in Foxboro.

:f-u:

RAJ said:
    my ire for Brady has multiplied x 1000 after watching him gloat during that game... hope we can wipe that gay caveman grin off his face in Foxboro.

See you in the AFC title game ;)

• Options
    RAJ said:
    With that being said, my ire for Brady has multiplied x 1000 after watching him gloat during that game... hope we can wipe that gay caveman grin off his face in Foxboro.

:f-u:

Brady's 6-1 against the Steelers so I know where the bitterness comes from.

Gay caveman > rapist once again!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Pittsburgh will lose the next three games

close enough

Week 10 "They are who we thought they were !!"

Houston - secondary is ass......Cushing needs Roids.

NYG - I repeat........don't get sucked in......they do this every year.

Pitt - since Ben's return..........last 4 games NAGL

New England - Brady: worst post game gear ever.

49ers - Classic NFL story.....black QB takes over mid season (Gerard,Young,Blake,Rogers,Evans,Williams.......) Bryant Gumble profiles the resurgent 49ers......blah blah blah.....they get killed in the first round

Playoff teams- Indy,Balt,NYJ-SD-----New England,Pitt ............Phil,SF,ATL,GB------NO,NYG

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    edpowers said:

49ers - Classic NFL story.....black QB takes over mid season (Gerard,Young,Blake,Rogers,Evans,Williams.......) Bryant Gumble profiles the resurgent 49ers......blah blah blah.....they get killed in the first round

It would be a major victory in and of itself for the formerly 0-5 Niners to even make the first round. Troy Smith should be roundly lauded if he can lead them even that far.

• dollar_bin said:
    edpowers said:

It would be a major victory in and of itself for the formerly 0-5 Niners to even make the first round. Troy Smith should be roundly lauded if he can lead them even that far.

saying. I will be not the LEAST bit disappointed to see a first round knockout. That alone would be a Cindarella story. Troy Smith is real. Morgan and Crabtree and 'em must be thrilled to finally have a QB who can actually pass. Gore's numbers will suffer but whatever.

the PENALTIES on the other hand? Disasterous. Singleterry likes to talk about "discipline." What a fucking joke. We nearly lost the game due to that garbage.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

the PENALTIES on the other hand? Disasterous. Singleterry likes to talk about "discipline." What a fucking joke. We nearly lost the game due to that garbage.

That was a joke of mine yesterday watching the game with some friends. I crossed my eyes and asked: "Why is my team so undisciplined when I am a disciplinarian?"

HarveyCanal said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

That was a joke of mine yesterday watching the game with some friends. I crossed my eyes and asked: "Why is my team so undisciplined when I am a disciplinarian?"

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    dollar_bin said:
    edpowers said:

saying. I will be not the LEAST bit disappointed to see a first round knockout. That alone would be a Cindarella story. Troy Smith is real. Morgan and Crabtree and 'em must be thrilled to finally have a QB who can actually pass. Gore's numbers will suffer but whatever.

I always thought Troy Smith was a lot better than he got credit for at Baltimore. Not that I would take him over Flacco but dude looked solid to me.

edpowers said:
    Pittsburgh will lose the next three games

:NO:

The Oakland game next weekend is pivotal. Gradkowski has proven he can beat us (at home) but Jason Campbell???

With that being said.... barring any upsets ... we should go 11-5, with the Jets and Ravens posing the only REAL threats down the stretch.

I predict wildcard birth and a public head shaving of Justin Bieber's twin brother in Faxbara.

RAJ said:
    I predict wildcard birth and a public head shaving of Justin Bieber's twin brother in Faxbara.

Yeah...we'll see how that goes. THE STEEL CURTAIN TURNS INTO ROAST BEEF CURTAINS IN THE FROZEN TUNDRA OF FOXBORO IN JANUARY.

:shreddin_it:

• Options
    DB_Cooper said:
    RAJ said:

Yeah...we'll see how that goes. THE STEEL CURTAIN TURNS INTO ROAST BEEF CURTAINS IN THE FROZEN TUNDRA OF FOXBORO IN JANUARY.

Let's just make that "meat curtains" and maybe Rapistberger will get too excited to throw straight.

• Options
    Being a Racialslurs fan must be the worst feeling in the world these days.

"The Washington Redskins decided to flip the script on one of the biggest controversies of the 2010 season. Just two weeks after head coach Mike Shanahan benched quarterback Donovan McNabb in the final two minutes of a game in Detroit, the Redskins have signed him to a five-year, $78 million contract with $40 million of it guaranteed, according to ESPN's Michael Smith. "

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Todd Haley is a total douche. Really dude? Stop somebody, quit cryin.

He know his team is this year's version of last year's Broncos. Raiders or Bolts will win that division. I'm still going w/ my PS pick of the Raiders.

I can see your point. But F the Broncos. KC took it easy on them last year at the end of the season when they kicked their ass. Jamal Charles could of set the record for rushing yards in a game. So I can see why he was pissed. AFC West is still wide open. Don't count out the Chiefs yet. Chiefs/Raiders last game of the season at Arrowhead.

• BobDesperado said:

Man, they are taking an ass whoopin' of biblical proportions tonight! Congrats on the contract, Donovan

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Phill With 2 Ls said:
    BobDesperado said:

Man, they are taking an ass whoopin' of biblical proportions tonight! Congrats on the contract, Donovan

Reid is an ex-Quarterbacks coach.

He knew exactly what he was doing when he let McNabb leave.....he just couldn't show his cards on Vick too enthuiastically because of the dog fighting BS.

At this point Jason Campbell > McNabb

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    maybe the redskins d should take some of the blame

• PrimeCutsLtd said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Todd Haley is a total douche. Really dude? Stop somebody, quit cryin.

I can see your point. But F the Broncos. KC took it easy on them last year at the end of the season when they kicked their ass. Jamal Charles could of set the record for rushing yards in a game. So I can see why he was pissed. AFC West is still wide open. Don't count out the Chiefs yet. Chiefs/Raiders last game of the season at Arrowhead.

Dog, I'm rootin' hard for the Chiefs & Cassel, and I salute Haley for apologizing today, but that was some bitchmanuver shit yesterday. Denver scored 14 pts in the 2nd half- and hell, they gave up 59 pts in their last home game. That's hardly some Spurrier-at-FLA shit.

I've said it here before (mostly in '07 re: Pats) but the idea of running up the score is silly to me. There is always a record for largest comeback made to be broken. The record can be 35... until some team fucks up the program, and then the record is 42 or whatever. Haley had Cassel slingin' for 400 yds til the end- he didn't lay down. Why should the Broncos?

I salute the apology, but Haley should've been pissed at himself, his defense, and his team. Not the opposing coach.

Mike Vick > Tom Brady