- DARNELL DOCKETT

• Options
    Digger_Phelps_II said:
    RAJ said:
    Mike Vick > Tom Brady

tonite, MIke Vick > _____________.

"Vick doing so good, he got dogs cheering for him."

- DARNELL DOCKETT

Yeah, zombie dogs with broken backs and burn marks. His ideal cheering section.

If Vick is better than Tom Brady then Karl Malone was better than Larry Bird. Which he wasn't even on his best day.

I'm looking forward to seeing Vick go up against a good defense and taking a big hit from some killer linebacker that leaves him barking in the motherfucking sand. Tonight's game was impressive but the constant refrain of Michael Vick Michael Vick Michael Vick Michael Vick from the plug-a-minute whorebroadcasters really grated. Do they lose their jobs if they just call him "Vick" without the Michael?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    RAJ said:

With that being said, my ire for Brady has multiplied x 1000 after watching him gloat during that game... hope we can wipe that gay caveman grin off his face in Foxboro.

:f-u:

Brady's been like that forever. Even Pats fans get embarrassed when he does the little tomahawk dance after running 3 yards for a first down, which he does maybe 3 times a season. run 3 yards, that is.

I can see it being annoying but it honestly surprises me that it bothers you if only because the NFL is all about dudes gloating and putting shit in people's faces and dancing on logos and talking shit. Brady just stands out because he's Brady. He's not doing anything 90% of the league doesn't do every Sunday.

Brady does kinda pwn Pitt too.

BobDesperado said:

If Vick is better than Tom Brady then Karl Malone was better than Larry Bird. Which he wasn't even on his best day.

I'm looking forward to seeing Vick go up against a good defense and taking a big hit from some killer linebacker that leaves him barking in the motherfucking sand. Tonight's game was impressive but the constant refrain of Michael Vick Michael Vick Michael Vick Michael Vick from the plug-a-minute whorebroadcasters really grated. Do they lose their jobs if they just call him "Vick" without the Michael?

I have more respect for Vick, who served his time and seems to be trying to make things right, than the countless athletes who do crime and walk away scot-free without a moment of regret.

point being, the man did his time and deserves to be where he is, so get off his nuts.

and as a football fan, he is awesome to watch right now.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    BobDesperado said:

I have more respect for Vick, who served his time and seems to be trying to make things right, than the countless athletes who do crime and walk away scot-free without a moment of regret.

point being, the man did his time and deserves to be where he is, so get off his nuts.

You sir, obviously hate dogs.

Seriously though, 3 tds passing, 2 running...and that was only the first half. FACEMELT

• Options
    SoulOnIce said:

Nah, I think I'll stay on his nuts. As for what he "deserves," I think the fact that he's physically gifted doesn't exempt him from being seen as a sadistic scumbag.

Cheer away if it makes you feel good. For my own part I think there are plenty of great athletes who aren't adjudicated asswipes, so I'll wish them well instead of Vick.

Also this "countless athletes walking away scot-free" is nice rhetoric but it's kind of stupid. "Countless"? Really? "Scot-free"? You don't say. Indulging in absurd exaggeration doesn't make a good defense for Vick, it just makes you look like a sad fan boy.

no, I just don't like losers who hound people after they get out of prison. kind of defeats the point of prison.

• SoulOnIce said:
    no, I just don't like losers who hound people after they get out of prison. kind of defeats the point of prison.

i'm with soi on this one

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:

Brady's been like that forever. Even Pats fans get embarrassed when he does the little tomahawk dance after running 3 yards for a first down, which he does maybe 3 times a season. run 3 yards, that is.

I can see it being annoying but it honestly surprises me that it bothers you if only because the NFL is all about dudes gloating and putting shit in people's faces and dancing on logos and talking shit. Brady just stands out because he's Brady. He's not doing anything 90% of the league doesn't do every Sunday.

:ehhx2:

Brady hasn't shown this kind of emotion in years.... and the way he did it on Sunday night was kind of "IN Yo Face!!!! IN YO FACE!!" and watching him twirl his hair around like a Charlie's Angel. I'm a hatin on dude.

• Options
    SoulOnIce said:

If refusing to kiss his ass because he has a few good games amounts to "hounding" the guy, then count me in.

Though accusing me of "hounding" a sadistic dog murderer is an ironic use of the language. Big time.

Maybe I should take it all back and start a Send Puppies To Michael Vick Fan Club. Just so I'm not hounding the poor guy. Maybe if I send him enough puppies he'll send me back an autographed jersey or even a helmet.

That would be awesome.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

RAJ said:
    SoulOnIce said:

:ehhx2:

Brady hasn't shown this kind of emotion in years.... and the way he did it on Sunday night was kind of "IN Yo Face!!!! IN YO FACE!!" and watching him twirl his hair around like a Charlie's Angel. I'm a hatin on dude.

according to a couple of different reports around here, the play on which he ran for the TD and got up and spiked the ball and taunted the crowd, a bunch of Steelers took cheap shots at him while he was at the bottom of the pile. So maybe he was pissed. But whatever, I don't blame you for hating, I can see where I would feel the same way in your shoes. I sure as hell hate Peyton Manning.

• BobDesperado said:
    Maybe I should take it all back and start a Send Puppies To Michael Vick Fan Club. Just so I'm not hounding the poor guy. Maybe if I send him enough puppies he'll send me back an autographed jersey or even a helmet.

That would be awesome.

Indulging in absurd exaggeration doesn't make a good defense

Do you think that any violent offender in prison deserves to be ostracized by society upon their release?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    To quote Ta-Nehisi Coates:

"Michael Vick's dog-fighting history has been debated ad nauseum--here and elsewhere. No minds are being changed. No one is being enlightened.

Every thread about his football performance can't descend into yet another re-evaluation of his crimes. It's incredibly boring and tedious."

mannybolone said:
    ad nauseum--here and elsewhere. No minds are being changed. No one is being enlightened.

Every thread - descends - It's incredibly boring and tedious.

a perfect summary of Moe/Desperado's Internet poasting history.

• GenePontecorvo said:

When he retires, I'm approaching C-Penns about forming a rap duo.

His retirement may be coming soon...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/21770/pennington-out-for-season-perhaps-career

No matter what you think of the Dolphins, it's hard not to like Chad.

• mannybolone said:
    To quote Ta-Nehisi Coates:

"Michael Vick's dog-fighting history has been debated ad nauseum--here and elsewhere. No minds are being changed. No one is being enlightened.

Every thread about his football performance can't descend into yet another re-evaluation of his crimes. It's incredibly boring and tedious."

Godwin's Law for the Football set.

• BobDeezy just salty that the Vicksta been shovin' footballs up his ass everytime he steps on the field, just like I said he eventually would.

• Options
    walter_chron said:
    BobDesperado said:

That would be awesome.

Indulging in absurd exaggeration doesn't make a good defense

Do you think that any violent offender in prison deserves to be ostracized by society upon their release?

No, I surely don't. I think Vick has the right to earn a living. I'm just not willing or able to CHEER FOR THE BASTARD.

I don't know why people continue to fail to see this distinction. But they do.

• Options
    SoulOnIce said:
    mannybolone said:
    ad nauseum--here and elsewhere. No minds are being changed. No one is being enlightened.

Every thread - descends - It's incredibly boring and tedious.

a perfect summary of Moe/Desperado's Internet poasting history.

Let's summarize. I'm an evil shit because I "hound" Vick for being a sadistic dog abuser, but you're wicked cool because you hound me on two sites because I didn't make nice with you and your hipster pals.

It must just be awesome to have your moral compass. It's got no needles and it doesn't get you anywhere, but it looks cool. Or something.

• Options
    Horseleech said:
    GenePontecorvo said:

When he retires, I'm approaching C-Penns about forming a rap duo.

His retirement may be coming soon...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/21770/pennington-out-for-season-perhaps-career

No matter what you think of the Dolphins, it's hard not to like Chad.

Pennington was underappreciated during his career. If he'd gotten his shot with a strong team he'd have been a real contender.

• Pro Football Hall Of Fame Requests Michael Vick's Jersey From Last Night

Yesterday, Michael Vick put on what pretty much everyone deemed a historic performance. Not only did he and the Eagles offense break records, a number of pundits actually opined that Vick may have just played the single greatest game an NFL quarterback as ever played. As crazy as that sounds, the numbers do bear it out.

After the game, hall of famer Steve Young said that Vick???s performance was ???One of the most defining games at quarterback I???ve ever seen.???

Apparently, the Pro Football Hall Of Fame agrees. Reuben Frank is reporting that they???ve requested the jersey Michael Vick wore in the historic win. It???s pretty crazy to think that 18 months ago this guy was in prison, with his football career effectively over??? and now he???s going to have his jersey hanging in the Hall of Fame. If Vick continues to play anywhere near the way he did last night, there???s a decent chance he???ll get a bust of himself in there as well.. That said, let???s not get ahead of ourselves. He???s got to beat the Giants now.

http://philly.sbnation.com/philadelphia-eagles/2010/11/16/1818294/pro-football-hall-of-fame-requests-michael-vicks-jersey-from-last

i love it!...and i'm a giants fan

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    And also, unbelievably, I've got Clay Matthews, Jr. as the midseason MVP. Where the fuck did this dude come from?

Phillip Rivers is the OPotY so far. Ray Lewis the DPotY.

Ndamukong Suh is awesome. Rookie of the year overall. DRotY: 3-way-tie between Earl Thomas, Eric Berry and TJ Ward all doing excellent as day 1 starters at the safety positon. ORotY: Gonna go Bradford. I was high on the kid coming out of PS and he has delivered.

there you go. The GP midseasons. :-)

Cmon son. Ray Ray is not playing that well this year. Ngata is having his break out season. Plus, Ed Reed has 3 picks in 3 games.

• DrWu said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    And also, unbelievably, I've got Clay Matthews, Jr. as the midseason MVP. Where the fuck did this dude come from?

Ndamukong Suh is awesome. Rookie of the year overall. DRotY: 3-way-tie between Earl Thomas, Eric Berry and TJ Ward all doing excellent as day 1 starters at the safety positon. ORotY: Gonna go Bradford. I was high on the kid coming out of PS and he has delivered.

Cmon son. Ray Ray is not playing that well this year. Ngata is having his break out season. Plus, Ed Reed has 3 picks in 3 games.

Thats why you should do your midseasons brocephus. These are mine. I'm awarding for Spirit. dude single-handedly won them the B'lo game, tho the refs shoulda blown the whistle.

• Options
    Digger_Phelps_II said:
    Yesterday, Michael Vick put on what pretty much everyone deemed a historic performance. Not only did he and the Eagles offense break records, a number of pundits actually opined that Vick may have just played the single greatest game an NFL quarterback as ever played. As crazy as that sounds, the numbers do bear it out.

That's some funny shit from the NFL hype machine.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Michael Vick is the MVP......He's pretty much the runaway MVP.......The Eagles are undefeated when dude QBs an entire game vs a legit schedule with a shitty defense.....The NFL jumped on public relations early....as they should.

ROTY is Suh.....Watch Suh play.

plenty of football left tho.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    DrWu said:
    GenePontecorvo said:

Thats why you should do your midseasons brocephus. These are mine. I'm awarding for Spirit. dude single-handedly won them the B'lo game, tho the refs shoulda blown the whistle.

My bad I didn't see your spirit disclaimer above.

• Options
    edpowers said:
    Michael Vick is the MVP......He's pretty much the runaway MVP.......The Eagles are undefeated when dude QBs an entire game vs a legit schedule with a shitty defense.....The NFL jumped on public relations early....as they should.

Legit schedule? They have one impressive win with Vick, and that's against the Colts. They beat the Falcons with Kolb.

I'm not blown away by an MVP candidate who has barely played half the season. Not when Manning and Brady and Rivers and Roddy White are out there.

And this "when dude QBs an entire game" is funny, funny stuff, since Vick took over on the SECOND SERIES against Green Bay and the Eagles lost. When you have to resort to silly qualifications to make a case for a part-time player then you're not making a great case.

Let's see him stay healthy for a few more games and keep producing against teams more impressive than the Racialslurs before we get crazy. I think there's a 50% chance he doesn't make it out of this week's game against the Giants without getting his ass broken in half Romo-style.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    edpowers said:

Legit schedule? They have one impressive win with Vick, and that's against the Colts. They beat the Falcons with Kolb.

I'm not blown away by an MVP candidate who has barely played half the season. Not when Manning and Brady and Rivers and Roddy White are out there.

And this "when dude QBs an entire game" is funny, funny stuff, since Vick took over on the SECOND SERIES against Green Bay and the Eagles lost. When you have to resort to silly qualifications to make a case for a part-time player then you're not making a great case.

Let's see him stay healthy for a few more games and keep producing against teams more impressive than the Racialslurs before we get crazy. I think there's a 50% chance he doesn't make it out of this week's game against the Giants without getting his ass broken in half Romo-style.

Jon Kitna just torched the Giants w/o an offensive line.