The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• Oh, and DeAngelo Hall for President! HAIL VICTORY!

• Options
    Raiders up 38-0 near the end of the 1st half?

This might just kill Al Davis.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    Raiders up 38-0 near the end of the 1st half?

This might just kill Al Davis.

Al Davis has been dead for six weeks. It's just that nobody's able to tell just by looking.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Kooky day.

BTW: te Saints suck.... losing to the Brown Stains?

• Options
    RAJ said:
    Kooky day.

BTW: te Saints suck.... losing to the Brown Stains?

BREESUS IS A FALSE GOD

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm a lifelong Patriots fan but I have to say they may be the most fraud 5-1 team in the NFL, haha. Hey, like the cliche says, they don't ask how, just how many - but with an OT win against Baltimore last week and a gift from San Diego with all the turnovers and penalties this week, they could easily be 3-3. I'll take it though, gotta keep pace with those J-E-T-S to win the AFC East!

• Options
    There are only 3 5-1 teams in the NFL. One of them is the Steelers, who just won a game thanks to a terrible call by officials.

5-1 is 5-1.

The Patriots specialized in nailbiters during their Super Bowl years. This kind of win isn't a sign of "most fraud." It's a very good thing.

It's not like they had too many men on the ice or something and lost.

• niners just continue to be complete and utter dogshit. but hey, at least people talmbout start-carr-he'll-solve-all-our-problems can STFU now. turns out we officially have TWO dogshit QBs. we have now lost 23 of our last 24 outings east of the mississippi. all good though cause as of last night it's STILL BASEBALL SEASON.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Talk about weird: the Ravens give up 500+ yds of offense to the lowly Bills and still win in a shoot out. Ed Reed gets two picks and Flacco has no ints again. It's bizarro world again.

• Options
    DrWu said:
    Talk about weird: the Ravens give up 500+ yds of offense to the lowly Bills and still win in a shoot out. Ed Reed gets two picks and Flacco has no ints again. It's bizarro world again.

You know it's a weird year when that isn't even the strangest game of the week.

Great season so far, I have no idea what's what yet.

Yes!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Quality anti-Favre rant here

"LOOK EVERYONE! IT'S A MIRACLE! HE'S STILL GOT SOME BULLETS LEFT IN THE GUN! HE'S BRAVER THAN ANNE FRANK!"

• DJ_Enki said:
    Quality anti-Favre rant here

"LOOK EVERYONE! IT'S A MIRACLE! HE'S STILL GOT SOME BULLETS LEFT IN THE GUN! HE'S BRAVER THAN ANNE FRANK!"

Hahaha, that was great.

From the comments: ""HE'S BRAVER THAN ANNE FRANK!"

Seriously, how much courage does it take to keep a diary?"

And this rant in the comments is pretty good too:
    "I Didn't Leave My Country, My Country Left Me. A not-so-short rant by Thunderclees

I grew up a Vikings fan. I remember 1998. I remember Warren Moon. And Jeff George. And Daunte-to-Randay, and Randall Cunningham and Robert Smith and John Randle and blah blah blah. I love the purple and gold.

Which is why I cannot cheer for them as long as that despicable, just-sexting-cock-photos-like-a-little-kid-out-there octogenarian Packers legend is the guy saying "Hike!"

Do you all get it now? You, my homer friends back in Minnesota, you managed to forget how much this man tormented you during your formative years? Do you finally get it? Could the case be any clearer? Fuck you and your "He's better than Tarvaris," bullshit. The Vikings had a first-round bye with Tarvaris, and without Jared Allen and Percy Harvin, before Sidney Rice learned to go up and get it, before Randy came back. Favre was supposed to get them over the top. Well, he did---Favre pulled off exactly one more meaningful victory in '09 than Jackson did in '08 (Jared Allen and Percy Harvin might have helped too). And then the Wrangler-wearin' gunslinger ended the 2009 season the same way he'e ended the previous four: by throwing the ball to the wrong team.

I've said all this before. The facts are staring you right in your bandwagon-jumping faces. Favre is not going to win the Vikings a championship. And even if he wins a championship in a Vikings uniform (which, again, he won't), he won't be doing it for you, he'll be doing it for him. He's said as much. Favre's looking for one last ring before he goes into Canton wearing Packers green-and-gold. And every last one of you morons---you, my friends back in Minnesota and scattered around the country, you who say that a "true Vikings fan" would never turn his back on the team---every last one of you mouth-breathing mongoloids is chomping at the bit to give the Old Man one final chance at glory, one last shot at using the Vikings to burnish his own legacy.

He doesn't care about this team. He never has. And he doesn't care about you. He cares about Brett Favre. And he's not that good at playing quarterback anymore.

The experiment is over. The long-statewide nightmare is not. Bench him or release him, start T-Jack, give the ball to Peterson 35 times a game, and hope the defense holds up. This is reality we're talking about here, you idiots. We've already wasted a year and change of Adrian Peterson's prime. I can't understand why anyone would want to waste more.

Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, I'm out."

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I vividly recall a bunch of dudes riding for Favre when I called him the Carl Yastrzemski of football when he came back out of retirement the first time. Might have been the second time. Anyway, where're them dudes at?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I think Tavaris Jackson wrote the above.

• NY Giants Quarterback Killers!

That game had a lot of ugly moments though. 5 turnovers and maybe the worst special teams play I've seen from any team all season long. Still I'll take the win going into our bye week, and let it be known we have now won three straight in Arlington.

Can Kitna do for the Cowboys what Collins did for the Titans?

And even though the announcers were all against it, I liked Wade Davis going for it on 4th down instead of taking the field goal. Had they converted it would've been a momentum changer, you're 1-4, might as well.

Rock did you get my pm yesterday?

• double post

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Can Kitna do for the Cowboys what Collins did for the Titans?

He needs to so something. I have Miles Austin on both of my fantasy teams, and he's fucking killing me these days.

• Garcia_Vega said:

and maybe the worst special teams play I've seen from any team all season long.

The Chargers (2 kickoff returns allowed in one game, 2 punts blocked in another) and Dolphins (3 wks ago on Monday night) are hurt to hear you say that...

• Oh yeah I forgot about the Chargers that shit was beyond bad.
    Still we had a total of 17 yards in punt returns and they punted all night long. Plus the 93 yard return, oof.

• I did the SD-OAK game, and aired what might be the best graphic I'll ever make:

San Diego
    Total Yards: -2
    Punts Blocked: 2

Special Teams around the league are sloppy this year... as of a couple weeks back, there were more Kickoff return TDs to that point in the season than in any other year in history. We had CLE-NO this weekend, and Cleveland Special Teams went nuts (hell, empty the playbook game...) But, yeah, special teams this year is all sorts of crazy.

• Your linebackers go pow pow, my linebackers go BOOM BOOM!

Garcia_Vega said:

Your linebackers go pow pow, my linebackers go BOOM BOOM!

Best Sack Dance Evar!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    NFL WEEK 8

49ERS OVER BRONCOS - Only because they're at home and who knows what the hell teams like this are gonna do from week to week
    COWBOYS OVER JAGS - Jesus, if Dallas can't at least beat the stinkin' Jaguars in their home stadium... holy f**k
    BENGALS OVER DOLPHINS - Like the Cowboys and Chargers, this team (Bengals) is better than their record indicates. Problem is, the Dolphins are better than their 3-3 record, too. When in doubt, go with the home favorites.
    CHIEFS OVER BILLS - Ryan Fitzpatrick and his immense Harvard educated brain are actually playing pretty good. But even with that, the Bills stink badly and they're coming into Arrowhead, historically one of the best homefield advantages in the NFL. Chiefs will run through the Bills' No. 32 ranked run defense all day long... ugly.
    REDSKINS OVER LIONS - Stafford coming back from injury is gonna be rusty, and McNabb always busts the Lions' ass
    RAMS OVER PANTHERS - I'd like to pick Carolina, but that offense is just too damn anemic. Rams are still not a genuinely good team but you can see that they're improving, especially on defense.
    JETS OVER PACKERS - Well rested J-E-T-S Jets should handle the depleted Pack... is Aaron Rodgers just another prematurely labeled "elite" QB?
    CHARGERS OVER TITANS - Still the number one defense AND offense in the NFL... how can I not pick the bum ass Bolts? They gotta put it all together one of these weeks, don't they? Note: V. Young's passer rating is better than Philip Rivers', for whatever that's worth.
    PATRIOTS OVER VIKINGS - They shoot horses, don't they? Please, Chilly, somebody... finish off Brett Favre's career. Please.
    BUCS OVER CARDINALS - Max Hall is not an NFL QB... if Anderson is starting (even though he stinks, too) maybe Arizona will beat the Bucs. Probably not, though.
    SEAHAWKS OVER RAIDERS - I'm kinda diggin' Seattle lately... Hassehoff's looking better than he has in a long time, Mike Williams is ballin' like he's back at USC and Marshawn Lynch gives them a halfway legit running game. Raiders' squatting-and-shitting on the Broncos was an abberation... I don't believe them, they need more people.
    STEELERS OVER SAINTS - As I said in the preseason, the Saints are not going back to the playoffs and it's primarily going to be because of injuries (as well as the obligatory post-Super Bowl malaise that almost every post-Super Bowl team experiences). B/w the Steelers ain't f**kin' around..
    COLTS OVER TEXANS - Colts are not themselves this year; still, can't see the ever inconsistent Texans getting Peyton twice in one season. Especially not in the RCA Dome.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    DEN over SF - SF talented, but not good
    DAL over JAX - Jags are terrible
    MIA over CIN - Palmer is terrible
    KC over BUF - Chiefs will snag a 1st round bye
    DET over WAS - Stafford & Best healthy, Lions underrated
    STL over CAR - Hardest pick for me, could go either way
    NYJ over GB - Packers getting people healthy, Jets best team right now
    TEN over SD - See SF
    NE over MIN - Pats remind me of SB years, not impressive, but just keep winning
    AZ over TB - Why not?
    SEA over OAK - I like Seattle this year for some reason
    NO over PIT - Steelers pass D suspect, Brees gets right
    IND over HOU - Manning in prime time = win

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Can Jerry Jones fire Wade Phillips during halftime?

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Phill With 2 Ls said:
    49ERS OVER BRONCOS - Only because they're at home

It's being played in London. So far, the first half looks like the status quo for the Niners.

One solid offensive drive and the bend-but-don't-break defense is holding (scheduled to break late 3rd/early 4th, leading to what everyone is waiting for, the Troy Smith-Ted Ginn reunion that'll end ugly).

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Can Jerry Jones fire Wade Phillips during halftime?

Why bother.....go 1-15 and get the #1 draft pick(Cameron Newton if he comes out early).....fire Wade after the season and fire Garrett too....start from scratch.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    dgriot said:
    Phill With 2 Ls said:
    49ERS OVER BRONCOS - Only because they're at home

It's being played in London.

:oof: well, i guess that means one of my wrong picks doesn't count

BOY do the Cowboys suck.... I almost pity them at this point. No I don't.

They are chanting "Let's Go Rangers!" at Cowboy Stadium

:oof: