The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    crazy game for the Pats today ... ugly in many ways, but ultimately a great comeback.

bring on them Bolts!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    crazy game for the Pats today ... ugly in many ways, but ultimately a great comeback.

bring on them Bolts!

Thank you Pats. Steelers are in 1st.... and Colt McCoy survived!

• edpowers said:
    The Fraud 4

Atlanta
    Baltimore
    Chicago
    San Diego

Atlanta?! Maybe.
    Chicago. Yes.
    San Diego?! The RAMS!
    But Baltimore?! I still see them as favorites in the AFC. Plus, Flacco didn't shoot the team in the foot with costly turnovers of his own.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    edpowers said:
    The Fraud 4

Atlanta
    Baltimore
    Chicago
    San Diego

Atlanta?! Maybe.
    Chicago. Yes.
    San Diego?! The RAMS!
    But Baltimore?! I still see them as favorites in the AFC. Plus, Flacco didn't shoot the team in the foot with costly turnovers of his own.

Get real, Flacco was great. At one point he was 22-25 with two TDs and no TOs. He got fucked over by Cameron, calling that bullshit for the last 30 minutes of that game. Only two down field passes after we went up 20-10? Against that sorry as Pats secondary. Such a bitch move. I am sending that motherfucker a box of tampons and season 3 of sex and the city. I got news for our coaches, this aint Trent Dilfer and gang. Play to win, let your offense compete. You cannot win a ring with this defense alone.

• I thought James Harrison killed Joshua Cribbs. Like, literally- thought he might be dead.

James Harrison is just... Crazy.

• LEGACY OF BRUTALITY.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Get real, Flacco was great. He got fucked over by Cameron

Cameron is the worst..........always been terrible

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    2x post. Mods have got to let us axe our own mistaken posts.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    gareth said:
    I thought James Harrison killed Joshua Cribbs. Like, literally- thought he might be dead.

Yeah - nice helmet-to-helmet hit there.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Biggest game of the year so far for my Seahawks? Perhaps.

• luck said:
    gareth said:
    I thought James Harrison killed Joshua Cribbs. Like, literally- thought he might be dead.

Desean Jackson took a nasty hit too. They should start ejecting players for those hits, just too dangerous.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Someone got taken off the field on the back board in the Giants/Lions game too. It really is only a matter of time before we see someone die on the field.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    luck said:

I can think of no deeper sports fandom hell than rooting for the sea chickens. I'd rather root for wonder bread or 2 and half men.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    DrWu said:
    luck said:

I can think of no deeper sports fandom hell than rooting for the sea chickens. I'd rather root for wonder bread or 2 and half men.

Dude: The Clippers. The Browns. The Cavaliers. The current iteration of the Pirates. I could go on.

At least Wonder Bread has classic branding, but 2.5 Men? Those are fighting words.

I'm coming to PDX for Thanksgiving, by the way.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    luck said:
    DrWu said:
    luck said:

Dude: The Clippers. The Browns. The Cavaliers. The current iteration of the Pirates. I could go on.

At least Wonder Bread has classic branding, but 2.5 Men? Those are fighting words.

I'm coming to PDX for Thanksgiving, by the way.

Okay the Clippers would be worse but all the other franchises you mentioned had an era with flair.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    luck said:
    gareth said:

Desean Jackson took a nasty hit too. They should start ejecting players for those hits, just too dangerous.

Suspensions could start coming. I'm sure that James Harrison is going to be hearing from the league in some form or another...you can't knock two guys out of a game and not at least get the league dipping into your pockets. But really, a $25K fine or whatever they might levy isn't going to do much...ejections and suspensions will. I can't recall another week that had so many players get KOed, and I'm guessing the league is gonna clamp down on this before it becomes a trend.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    luck said:
    gareth said:

Suspensions could start coming. I'm sure that James Harrison is going to be hearing from the league in some form or another...you can't knock two guys out of a game and not at least get the league dipping into your pockets. But really, a $25K fine or whatever they might levy isn't going to do much...ejections and suspensions will. I can't recall another week that had so many players get KOed, and I'm guessing the league is gonna clamp down on this before it becomes a trend.

I liked what Harrison and Dungy were saying before the Sunday night game. 1) If this is going to be how the league runs things, coaches are gonna need to reteach players how to tackle, i.e. lower aiming point than the chest. 2) You can blow someone the fuck up on a tackle and not hit/aim for their head. Harrison launched himself into Massoquoi's head, fuck that foo. The Cribbs hit didn't seem as bad visually though.

• The_Non said:

I liked what Harrison and Dungy were saying before the Sunday night game. 1) If this is going to be how the league runs things, coaches are gonna need to reteach players how to tackle, i.e. lower aiming point than the chest. 2) You can blow someone the fuck up on a tackle and not hit/aim for their head. Harrison launched himself into Massoquoi's head, fuck that foo. The Cribbs hit didn't seem as bad visually though.

Harrison saying that he used to put aside $50K every year just for fines really puts things in perspective on where the players stand. I thought it was kind of fucked that Dungy chuckled at that bit. Also, can Dungy take a few of those millions he has earned and buy himself a personality? He's the broadcast equivalent to steel cut oats.

Dunno folks. THIS IS FOOTBALL.

What makes this season any different than the past 10?

How about a plethora of unprepared quarterbacks. QB 101.... DON'T LEAVE YOUR WR OUT TO DRY. If you don't want to be blow'd up, don't run or throw up the middle.

• The Harrison-Cribbs hit I didn't have a real problem with- Harrison came from behind, Cribbs was kind of turning/going down/wrapped up, and the fact that their heads hit seemed ok, but not egregious. I mean, shit happens, that's the game.

2nd hit was a bit more egregious, but ... I dunno, I'm torn. I'm with Raj, but, at the same time... Some one IS going to die. At the same time, it is a savage, savage game, and everyone knows that going in to playing. EVERYONE.

I thought Merriweather's hit on Heap was the worst of yesterday's lot, and he should get the brunt of the judgement.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Jags are one of the worst teams I've seen play for 2 years straight now.
    As to head blows, this shit's a business. Nobody's paying to see backups. They are cogs in a moneymaking machine, if the cogs bust, the NFL loses money and the NFL just ain't gonna tolerate it.

The_Non said:
    As to head blows, this shit's a business. Nobody's paying to see backups. They are cogs in a moneymaking machine, if the cogs bust, the NFL loses money and the NFL just ain't gonna tolerate it.

Jags are weird... beating the Colts and Broncos... but not showing up some weeks. What's even more depressing is seeing a game in that stadium. It was half empty last night.

Json Allen gets toasted on that corner every week

b/w

why bother trying to run on The Steelers D ?

0 runs on that drive and a TD

• Options
    Miami just got RAPED. What the fuck is wrong with the zebras?

I'm no Dolphins fan, but damn.

Miami got ROBBED........then to top it off, the assholes called an interception on the last play.

Pittsburgh will lose the next three games

edpowers said:
    Miami got ROBBED........then to top it off, the assholes called an interception on the last play.

RAJ said:
    edpowers said:

BAN

• RAJ said:
    The_Non said:

Jags are weird... beating the Colts and Broncos... but not showing up some weeks. What's even more depressing is seeing a game in that stadium. It was half empty last night.

Even more so depressing is to see them get steamrolled over by Kansas City. AFC West Champions, and it's not even halfway through the season yet.