The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I guess Bill Belichick really doesn't like it when players mouth off to the press.

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101006/NEWS11/101009868

• Wow, and for a third round pick too, that's kind of insulting. I wonder how Tom Brady feels about this one. Also, Pats fans better pray Welker doesn't get injured. Last, who is going to be the deep threat in NE now?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I'm just pissed that the Jets have to face Moss for the 2nd time in 3 weeks, he's gonna be all psyched up to play and you know Favre and Childress are going to throw to him whenever possible. Revis better make sure he's healthy before he tries to play this week.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Wow, and for a third round pick too, that's kind of insulting. I wonder how Tom Brady feels about this one. Also, Pats fans better pray Welker doesn't get injured. Last, who is going to be the deep threat in NE now?

Well, if Welker goes down, Edelman is a very good replacement. But yeah, we have no deep threat now. However, we do have two picks in each of the first four rounds next year, so....yeah. There's that. I guess.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Wouldn't Tate be the Pats' new deep threat?

We were laughing Monday night at Edelman, saying how Woodhead has surpassed him as Bardy's new lil Welker white hope clone.

Favre is going to break his back trying to get the ball to Moss.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    New England having all of those draft picks is not good for the rest of the NFL.....Big picture, losing Moss really isn't a big deal......great move

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    edpowers said:
    New England having all of those draft picks is not good for the rest of the NFL.....Big picture, losing Moss really isn't a big deal......great move

Yes to this and we all know how Moss plays when he is disgruntled (see his Oakland Raider career). He obviously knew something was up on Monday night.... Downfield was a ghost town.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    RAJ said:
    edpowers said:

Yes to this and we all know how Moss plays when he is disgruntled (see his Oakland Raider career). He obviously knew something was up on Monday night.... Downfield was a ghost town.

And they still blew the Doplhins away. Kinda scary.

• DrWu said:
    RAJ said:
    edpowers said:

Special teams won that game.

And I don't see how losing Moss is to the Pats advantage, not this year at least. They have to redesign their game plan, unless Bellichick had this in mind all along. Expect teams to take out Welker and Hernandez, and give a lot of looks to Tate who is a rookie. This is a gamble for sure. Yeah for the long run the Pats are stocked up with picks, but who knows if there will even be football in 2011.

I doubt Moss will have the same chemistry with Favre as he did with Brady, at least its going to take a while. I think the Jets take it on Monday, being a home game, and also getting Santonio Holmes into the mix.

Garcia_Vega said:
    DrWu said:
    RAJ said:
    edpowers said:

And I don't see how losing Moss is to the Pats advantage, not this year at least. They have to redesign their game plan, unless Bellichick had this in mind all along. Expect teams to take out Welker and Hernandez, and give a lot of looks to Tate who is a rookie. This is a gamble for sure. Yeah for the long run the Pats are stocked up with picks, but who knows if there will even be football in 2011.

I doubt Moss will have the same chemistry with Favre as he did with Brady, at least its going to take a while. I think the Jets take it on Monday, being a home game, and also getting Santonio Holmes into the mix.

Favre MISSES THE HELL out of Sidney Rice. Favre is a gunslinger and needs a tall dude to put his hands up and catch his wild ass throws. Moss can do that.

RAJ said:
    Favre MISSES THE HELL out of Sidney Rice. Favre is a gunslinger and needs a tall dude to put his hands up and catch his wild ass throws. Moss can do that.

They seem like a natural fit to me, plus Randy is going to have a major chip on his shoulder.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    DrWu said:
    RAJ said:
    edpowers said:

This.
    If you honestly think that gettin rid of Moss will "help" the Pats offense, you're either high or football illiterate. Moss takes coverage deep so they can throw it to Welker and (now) Hernandez underneath. Tate has barely played on the Pats offense. They now have a questionable running game and no deep threat.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    WEEK 5 -

BILLS over JAGS - nobody cares
    RAVENS over BRONCOS - I almost want to pick Denver... I'm becoming a believer in the Boy Genius' passing offense. Brandon Lloyd has some of the greatest catches ever, now it looks like he's actually becoming a real receiver. Still you know me, edpowers.... I'm taking DEFENSE over PASSING every time
    COLTS over CHIEFS - this one is killing me... I really want to take the Chiefs' youthful exuberance, speed, running game and superior coaching (Crennel still knows how to get in Peyton's ass - pause) but i'm gonna take the easy punk way out and go with the Colts to rebound at home. Something is just in the back of my mind that KC isn't quite ready yet
    PACKERS over REDSKINS - It's time for the Packers to start distancing themselves from the scrubs in the NFC... damn, ONE of these teams has to be on the elite level, don't they?
    LIONS over RAMS - Just because the Lions are improved and they need to finally show it in the wins column. Only problem is that the Rams are improved too, and their franchise QB is actually gonna play today (Bradford is looking good, too). Still, I'll go with the home team.
    PANTHERS over BEARS - (what happened to the animated version of that graemlin?)
    BENGALS over BUCS - But I won't be shocked at all in Tampa Bay takes 'em out. I have always thought that Carson Palmer was overrated, now I'm starting to think he's straight garbage. He threw two early INTs against Carolina but it could've been six or seven in the first half alone if the Panthers defense could catch worth a damn.
    FALCONS over BROWNS - I think Atlanta is gonna quietly prove to be a true SB contender as the season goes along
    TEXANS over GIANTS - no contest
    SAINTS over CARDS - Good luck to Max Hall, though... interested to see if he can play or not
    COWBOYS over TITANS - I expect Dallas to start bouncing back... Vince Young is beginning to disappoint me.
    CHARGERS over RAIDERS - Raiders can always get an upset because they have a lot of talent, but ultimately they're just not a good team
    49ers over EAGLES - Nothing pains me more than picking against my squad, but everything points to a SF win here. UNLESS Kolb grows his set back and isn't afraid to go deep with Jack-n-Mack against wooden statue Taylor Mays in the secondary. I'll keep my fingers crossed
    JETS over VIKINGS - I don't know that Randy Moss is gonna be enough for the Vikes... I still see FAIL in their future (and if Randy sees it too he'll just stop playing... he'll be WALKING his routes, trust me)

If I even get half of these right I'll consider it a success. Who the hell knows what's gonna happen in the NFL on any given Sunday anymore

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Giants are looking pretty good. Your pick is lookin in jeopardy in the 1st half. I guess either Tom Coughlin's yelling has finally kicked in, or they remembered they had some talent on the team.

• Phill With 2 Ls said:
    WEEK 5 -

PACKERS over REDSKINS - It's time for the Packers to start distancing themselves from the scrubs in the NFC... damn, ONE of these teams has to be on the elite level, don't they?

Hail Victory.

incompletejigsaw said:

"Brady telling Moss that his hair looks bad is like Creed telling Nickleback that they're lame."

• The_Non said:
    Giants are looking pretty good. Your pick is lookin in jeopardy in the 1st half. I guess either Tom Coughlin's yelling has finally kicked in, or they remembered they had some talent on the team.

Giants looked really great yesterday. Lots of high fives going around at the bar. The talent is there, just wondering how many weeks it'll show up to play this year. But man, it felt so good to watch that game after that Titans debacle a few weeks ago.

The Cowboys looked pretty bad, can't believe they managed to stay in that game with all the interceptions. 0-2 at home in nagl.

Speaking of interceptions, damn the Saints looked ugly. I guess its going to take a little while before they find their rhythm again.

The Raiders special teams played incredibly.

The Redskins vs Packers was really entertaining. Looks like the Redskins are dodging bullets this year instead of taking them to the face as usual. Also, Aaron Rodgers, highly overrated?

I feel sorry for Bengals' fans, no actually I don't. Does this mean I might have to start paying attention to Tampa?

In regards to Niners vs Eagles, niners lost that game by shooting themselves in the foot continuously. Alex Smith went from looking sharp to fucking up in some of the worst ways possible. Kolb had a solid game but I can't believe they are even talking about keeping him as a starter. I hope they do because the NFC East remains in a three way tie, and they have less of a chance with Kolb. Also, where was Patrick Willis all night, I expected a much bigger day than that.

Jets tonight, it could be an entertaining game. I wonder what the Jets offense will look like with Holmes suited up. I think they'll win. But, I would like to see Favre and Moss put on a passing clinic at Revis's expense.

Garcia_Vega said:

Kolb had a solid game but I can't believe they are even talking about keeping him as a starter.

Only if Vick is still hurt. As soon as he's healthy enough to play, Kolb's ass is back on the sidelines with his clipboard and pom poms. He did do pretty good last night, though. Kolb can be a decent QB in this league, it's just that Michael Vick actually playing quarterback as opposed to just running around all day is like the ultimate weapon. I'd take Vick the way he's been playing this year over P. Manning, Brees, Brady or anybody else. When you do run just be sure to slide or get out of bounds, Mike.... play smart and you're almost unstoppable.

• Options
    Phill With 2 Ls said:
    I'd take Vick the way he's been playing this year over P. Manning, Brees, Brady or anybody else. When you do run just be sure to slide or get out of bounds, Mike.... play smart and you're almost unstoppable.

This is possibly the funniest thing I have ever read on the internet.

It's like saying Ichiro is the best baseball player who ever lived. It shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the sport being discussed.

Ichiro is a better baseball player than Vick is a football player, in my opinion. So please don't read this as a slam at Ichiro.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Now that's more like it. Constant pressure on the QB, taking dudes out of the game with viscous hitting and Ray Rice hitting the gaps like he has a turbo charger in his ass. Granted Denver stinks but that was a thing of beauty.

• Next week is the Panic Button Bowl. Dallas at Minnesota. Will it be a stretch to say that even if Dallas loses to Minnesota, with the NFC East the way it is, they might STILL have a chance to win the division?!

• incompletejigsaw said:
    Next week is the Panic Button Bowl. Dallas at Minnesota. Will it be a stretch to say that even if Dallas loses to Minnesota, with the NFC East the way it is, they might STILL have a chance to win the division?!

Maybe, look at how the Chargers started last season. And who knows what's going to happen in the NFC North.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    DrWu said:
    RAJ said:
    DrWu said:
    RAJ said:
    DrWu said:
    Raj would you care to make a small wager on tomorrow's Steelers and Ravens game? Let's do this. Loser sends a $15 or less funk or soul release?

I'm down.
    :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

PM me your address

Tough game, neither side played that well. I'll take the W.

Bottom line is we need Big Ben back. Our offense is lack luster other wise. I mean.... Batch to Randle El for a TD today. This is is not 2003.

If I were you I would be feeling much better about the future than I would. Flacco makes way too many big mistakes. That INT was just awful. Not having Ray Rice hurt some though.

Raj, you are that dude. Thanks for the hookup. Nice touch with the Nina Simone.

DrWu said:
    RAJ said:
    DrWu said:
    RAJ said:
    DrWu said:
    Raj would you care to make a small wager on tomorrow's Steelers and Ravens game? Let's do this. Loser sends a $15 or less funk or soul release?

I'm down.
    :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

PM me your address

Tough game, neither side played that well. I'll take the W.

Bottom line is we need Big Ben back. Our offense is lack luster other wise. I mean.... Batch to Randle El for a TD today. This is is not 2003.

If I were you I would be feeling much better about the future than I would. Flacco makes way too many big mistakes. That INT was just awful. Not having Ray Rice hurt some though.

Raj, you are that dude. Thanks for the hookup. Nice touch with the Nina Simone.

No problem, mang. A bet's a bet.

• Week 6, what's really?

Pats over Ravens: I like the Pats after a bye week even without Moss, revenge for that playoff game last year. Flaco continues to bust.
    Steelers over Browns: The return of Ben and the Browns just can't do shit. Peyton Hillis has been a nice surprise though huh?
    Falcons over Eagles: Man I bet Vick wishes he could be in this game. And I don't care how Kolb did last week or how bad Atl is on the road, the Eagles stink, they're lucky to be 3-2.
    Vikings over Cowboys: Moss and Favre could have a potential field day with the sorry ass Dallas secondary. i just wonder if the Viking defense will show up this year.
    Bucs over Saints: Its going to be one of those "yeah that just happened" games.
    Chiefs over Texans: This is a weird game, but Texas is slumping hard right now.
    Chicago over Seahawks: Man Seattle is bad on the road. but if Todd Collins plays who knows how this game will go.
    Jets over Broncos: This is another interesting game. I don't think Orton will be able to put up such big numbers against the Jets. Will the Broncos try to run? I can't figure out their offensive game plan.
    Dolphins over Packers: Packers injuries are significant, I no longer think of them as contenders.
    Niners over Raiders: If the Niners can't beat the Raiders then put the whole team and the city of San Fransisco on suicide watch.
    Giants over Lions: Shaun Hill we are going to fuck you up so bad your family is going to turn off the tv!
    Rams over Chargers: They lost to Oakland last week, might as well lose to the Rams too.
    Colts over Skins: Could this game be a shootout?
    Titans over Jags: CY2K back on track.

Its Friday people, lets gooooooo

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Week6 Picks Against the Spread
    (Suggested Winner with Vegas line attached)

Falcons +2.5 @ Eagles
    Browns @ Steelers -13.5
    Ravens +2.5 @ Patriots
    Dolphins +4 @ Packers
    Saints @ Buccaneers +4
    Seahawks @ Bears -6.5
    Jets -3 @ Broncos
    Cowboys +1.5 @ Vikings

WEEK 6-

Although my analysis is all correct as usual, I am once again clueless about who's actually gonna win these games (as is everybody else). The stinking Cardinals beat the world champs with a rookie QB starting his first NFL game last week. Has that EVER happened in the history of the NFL before??? The Bears beat the Panthers by 17 with their back up QB completing only 6 passes for 32 yards and throwing 4 INTS. A lot of this shit is just not making any sense. Here is another exercise in futility anyway:

FINS OVER PACK - Too many key players hurting for GB plus I really like Miami despite their .500 record.
    BOLTS OVER RAMS - Both teams are 2-3 but they are NOT on the same level. This has been a weird season where anybody can beat anybody, but a Rams win would shock the shit out of me.
    RAVENS OVER PATS - I know Belicheat had to get rid of Randy Moss' ass, but the Pats are gonna miss him.
    STEEL CURTAIN OVER BROWNS - Colt McCoy at QB? Really??? Don't do it, Mangenius. Joshua Cribbs FTW...
    TEXANS OVER CHIEFS - If not then the Texans are probably still the same old Texans. I am feelin' the Chiefs though! I still don't think this year is the year, but their time is coming.
    GIANTS OVER LIONS - I don't know, though, Shaun Hill's been kinda ballin' a little bit while Stafford's been hurt. But I gotta believe the G-men D will handle Detroit, especially if Calvin Johnson's out. Aren't the Giants the No. 1 defense in the L right now?? Geez, the whole team looked like ass butter just a few weeks ago.
    FALCONS OVER EAGLES - Betting against my Birds two weeks in a row? Oh the shame. Hope I'm wrong again, but with King Dunlap as the starting left tackle for Philly Kevin Kolb is gonna get his ass concussed like he did in week one. If Michael Vick was playing he'd play better than Peyton Manning and Tom Brady combined and we'd win, but he's not playing so I guess we're gonna lose (BTW I agree with GV, the Eagles do stink... even with that they could win the wretched NFC East before it's all said and done).
    BEARS OVER SEAHAWKS - I have no idea what either of these teams are gonna do from week to week. I honestly believe the Bears are who I thought they were (bums) and am having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that with the Packers looking mad suspect and the Vikings on the verge of total collapse, the Bears may actually win the NFC North. Wow.
    SAINTS OVER BUCS - I felt even before the season that the Bucs were gonna be better but something is really out of alignment in the universe if this Tampa Bay team beats the Super Bowl champion Saints. Yet I won't be shocked if the Bucs win. This is a weird ass season.
    JETS OVER BRONCOS - I always pick defense over passing (I hate teams that can't run the ball). Right now the Jets are killin' it in pretty much all facets... they may be due for a let down game playing out in Denver but I think they just have too much for the Broncos. LT is in beast mode? What? Unbelievable.
    49ERS OVER RAIDERS - Or just fire Singletary and forfeit the rest of the season. Inside sources tell me that some dudes were actually quitting out there againt the Eagles last week... inexcusable. Still, the Niners should be too good to go 0-6 (they were too good to go 0-5 too, but they did it so what do I know).
    COWBOYS OVER VIKINGS - the loser of this game goes to 1-4.... OMG. Basically picking Dallas because Minnesota has become a circus (an even bigger one than the Cowboys normally are), thanks primarily to Brett "Hey Look At My Pee Pee" Favre. Plus Favre may not even play, and if he does chances are he won't be effective.
    COLTS OVER REDSKINS - I don't see how Peyton doesn't abuse the Skins' faulty pass coverage. Freeney and them should fuck McNabb's ass up too.
    JAG OFFS OVER TITANS - Last minute switch, just because it's gonna be Teal Monday in Jacksonville and this season has been full of dumb shit. Titans are the better team, but they're no world beaters... they can lose this one, and they will (I say that with mad conviction, as if I really know what I'm talking about- I don't).

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The Fraud 4

Atlanta
    Baltimore
    Chicago
    San Diego